Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

MOD REQUEST THREAD

Comments

• Options
    IsariIsari Posts: 69 Member
    sennawales wrote: »
    Is there a mod that disables burning/freezing and deaths, while still allowing sims to be hot/cold enough to swap to weather outfits? I've currently disabled weather effects entirely, because I don't want sims to die to the cold all the time, but I also don't like that sims are changing back to everyday even when I change them to cold weather.

https://modthesims.info/d/614115/no-temperature-deaths.html <---- I think this one will do a good job. :)
  • Options
    simgirl542simgirl542 Posts: 1,071 Member
    I'm looking for a beekeeping skill mod.
    Celebrating 11 years on this forum. Simming proudly since 2001.
  • Options
    AyKooChaoAyKooChao Posts: 676 Member
    I’m looking for two mods: one that lets your Sims ask about each other’s aspirations, and one that lets adult-sized Sims play Voidcritter that works with the newest patch. (The most recent Voidcritter mod I can find is a couple of years old.)
    #ConsistencyForAliensTS4
  • Options
    ChokoENChokoEN Posts: 14 New Member
    Hello,

In The Sims 4 you have at your disposal the entire CAS clothing catalog, that is, clothes are not worth money and just by accessing a closet you can wear whatever you want.

I believed and was delighted to think that with the introduction of businesses in A Trabajar this issue would be solved and taking advantage of the "clothing stores" you could really buy and have a realistic wardrobe. I wanted to go back to the system that I liked so much in The Sims 2, you start with a clothing and if you want more, you buy it, in this way from the closet you access the purchased clothes and nothing else.

Is there a possibility that some mod will change it? I was reading that in the community pack "The rocking chair" a lock would be implemented for garments that were not yet created by our sims, it would not be difficult to add another lock for the rest of the clothing even if it is as an available option.

I am not very up to date with the opinions of other simmers but I think that this feature and buying food gave it a lot of play
    If anyone has any opinion, I would like to read it.

Any mod? I'm not sure if this can be placed here. I hope your help
  • Options
    Hello friends! I was looking and no matter how hard I tried, I didn't find any. Does anyone know if it exists? It strikes me that they did not do it yet.
  • Options
    AyKooChaoAyKooChao Posts: 676 Member
    I don’t think there is one. Sorry.
    #ConsistencyForAliensTS4
  • Options
    DizzyDi34DizzyDi34 Posts: 449 Member
    Hi does anyone know of a handyman career mod im using one but its focused on them making handyman videos and i dont want him to be solely focused on streaming and making videos which is all he wants to do
  • Options
    MizoreYukiiMizoreYukii Posts: 6,566 Member
    @ChokoEN A mod for it does not exist but it's something I want to do. Such a project is massive though and won't be coming anytime soon as I do have other projects I am currently working on.
  • Options
    Chesster_WammyChesster_Wammy Posts: 80 Member
    Are there any mod to add Sentiments?

I tried to add by MCC Command (add relationship bit), but failed. It doesn't work
  • Options
    > @MizoreYukii said:
    > @ChokoEN A mod for it does not exist but it's something I want to do. Such a project is massive though and won't be coming anytime soon as I do have other projects I am currently working on.

Thank you! I can wait. What mods are you developing if you don't mind telling me? I'm interested. Thank you!
  • Options
    > @Chesster_Wammy said:
    > Are there any mod to add Sentiments?
    >
    > I tried to add by MCC Command (add relationship bit), but failed. It doesn't work

mmm update MCC! Today I increased the relationship with a sim and it worked.
  • Options
    lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,095 Member
    I don't know if it's possible, but a mod that locates and nukes the "sunray" objects that invisibly spawn on your lot, or stops them from spawning to begin with, would be nice.
    If you move your Sim onto another lot, keeping furniture, then show hidden objects you can see it in your family inventory. But right now that's the only way I can see that it's visible and removable.

I hate the sunrays. It slows my game down and sometimes makes it unplayable for several minutes. I know that's what's doing it because it only happens on my one "green" lot.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Options
    @ChokoEN Thanks for attempting to help. But "adding Sentiments" is different with increasing relationship

About "add relationship bit": I mean I do see the "Sentiments" in the list if I click the "Add Relationship Bit" bubble.
    But it still does not work. Anyone got the same issue?
  • Options
    MizoreYukiiMizoreYukii Posts: 6,566 Member
    ChokoEN wrote: »
    > @MizoreYukii said:
    > @ChokoEN A mod for it does not exist but it's something I want to do. Such a project is massive though and won't be coming anytime soon as I do have other projects I am currently working on.

Thank you! I can wait. What mods are you developing if you don't mind telling me? I'm interested. Thank you!

I have several I'm working on and going between, taking breaks here and there. I have sewing (I actually converted the TS2 machine, with similar animations!), swordfighting, archery, arranged marriages, and a few smaller things. I also collab with other modders and have big projects we are working on, such as a farming collab, TSM voice conversion, etc.
  • Options
    > @MizoreYukii said:
    > I have several I'm working on and going between, taking breaks here and there. I have sewing (I actually converted the TS2 machine, with similar animations!), swordfighting, archery, arranged marriages, and a few smaller things. I also collab with other modders and have big projects we are working on, such as a farming collab, TSM voice conversion, etc.

Wow! Please let me know when there is progress! thanks.

> @Chesster_Wammy said:
    > @ChokoEN Thanks for attempting to help. But "adding Sentiments" is different with increasing relationship
    >
    > About "add relationship bit": I mean I do see the "Sentiments" in the list if I click the "Add Relationship Bit" bubble.
    > But it still does not work. Anyone got the same issue?

The google translator is VERY bad haha. What I meant to say is that I was able to increase the relationship with a simulator. He made them "good friends" with the help of MCC. You just have to go to ... Relationships and increase it
  • Options
    @ChokoEN May I know what is your first language? I love to learn different languages.
    It might be wrongly translated too lol, but maybe it will be easier to understand.

Also thank you, but what you mean is "Relationship Level", https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Relationship, and what I mean is "Sentiment", https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Sentiment
    The links might help differentiate it if anyone do not know the difference
  • Options
    > @Chesster_Wammy said:
    > @ChokoEN May I know what is your first language? I love to learn different languages.
    > It might be wrongly translated too lol, but maybe it will be easier to understand.
    >
    > Also thank you, but what you mean is "Relationship Level", https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Relationship, and what I mean is "Sentiment", https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Sentiment
    > The links might help differentiate it if anyone do not know the difference

Aaaaaah! ok! sorry.

cheats sentiment!
    https://simscommunity.info/2020/12/10/the-sims-4-sentiment-cheats-base-game/

I hope it helps you! My native language is Spanish. I'll leave the same as I said in English but in Spanish so you compare :)

Español
    Aaaah! ok! Perdon.
    Trucos de sentimientos!
    https://simscommunity.info/2020/12/10/the-sims-4-sentiment-cheats-base-game/
    Espero te sirva! mi lengua materna es el español. Dejare lo mismo que dije en ingles pero en español asi puedes comparar y aprender un poco tal vez :)
    Saludos
  • Options
    CidiraCidira Posts: 17 Member
    > @simgirl542 said:
    > I'm looking for a beekeeping skill mod.

What do you want it to do?

> @lisamwitt said:
    > I don't know if it's possible, but a mod that locates and nukes the "sunray" objects that invisibly spawn on your lot, or stops them from spawning to begin with, would be nice.
    > If you move your Sim onto another lot, keeping furniture, then show hidden objects you can see it in your family inventory. But right now that's the only way I can see that it's visible and removable.
    >
    > I hate the sunrays. It slows my game down and sometimes makes it unplayable for several minutes. I know that's what's doing it because it only happens on my one "green" lot.

Someone apparently read your mind: https://modthesims.info/d/650671/remove-eco-lifestyle-sunray-due-to-green-footprint.html
  • Options
    TwelfthDoctor1TwelfthDoctor1 Posts: 31 Member
    > @Dakota88 said:
    > I need a hike everywhere mod!

There's a mod for that. But I'm gonna say that your Sim will do the same thing as walking.

https://modthesims.info/download.php?t=649530
  • Options
    lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,095 Member
    edited December 2020
    Cidira wrote: »
    > @simgirl542 said:
    > I'm looking for a beekeeping skill mod.

What do you want it to do?

> @lisamwitt said:
    > I don't know if it's possible, but a mod that locates and nukes the "sunray" objects that invisibly spawn on your lot, or stops them from spawning to begin with, would be nice.
    > If you move your Sim onto another lot, keeping furniture, then show hidden objects you can see it in your family inventory. But right now that's the only way I can see that it's visible and removable.
    >
    > I hate the sunrays. It slows my game down and sometimes makes it unplayable for several minutes. I know that's what's doing it because it only happens on my one "green" lot.

Someone apparently read your mind: https://modthesims.info/d/650671/remove-eco-lifestyle-sunray-due-to-green-footprint.html

I checked there before I posted here and there wasn't anything yet. Looks like they posted it just a couple days after I asked. Thank you so much for finding it! I've downloaded it and am getting ready to play now.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Options
    @Cidira,
    I honestly don't know. I've never had anyone actually respond to my mod requests before so this is new for me. (This is my second mod request. My first one was ignored)
    Build the skill. Maybe give a buff and have a freelance job option. (Not be via TSR, please)
  • Options
    bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    edited December 2020
    bruh nevermind i just found the mod
  • Options
    > @simgirl542 said:
    > @Cidira,
    > I honestly don't know. I've never had anyone actually respond to my mod requests before so this is new for me. (This is my second mod request. My first one was ignored)
    > Build the skill. Maybe give a buff and have a freelance job option. (Not be via TSR, please)

Oh, hey, that's an interesting idea. Right now the game seems to be handling beekeeping through a Sim's relationship with each individual hive of bees, rather than an overall skill. Someone who is skilled in creating mods by hand could probably replace that mechanic with a skill, or make a skill that significantly speeds up those relationship gains as you level (so that a skilled beekeeper would befriend the bees in a new hive much faster than an inexperienced one). Not sure about a true freelance job the way the game does them (since the game's freelance mechanic uses gigs, and I'm not sure what kind of gigs would make sense for a beekeeper) but a work from home job is certainly possible.

I didn't find anything particularly close to your specific suggestions, and a lot of what I found was out of date, either in the sense that it hasn't had an update in a while and may be broken, or in the sense that EA has duplicated the effort since then (e.g. there's a mod that adds a wax harvestable to the Seasons beehive (meant to accompany a candlemaking mod, which itself originally accompanied a pre-Seasons bee box mod), but when EA added candle making with Eco Lifestyle, they made bee boxes produce wax too, and a self-employed "career" to make the game consider your Sim employed, that had a Beekeeper option, was made obsolete by the game now letting you do that yourself with whatever job title you want).

This mod is not out of date at all, however, and adds a useful new interaction to the bee box:
    https://littlemssam.tumblr.com/post/175643333223/calm-bees-this-small-mod-adds-a-new-calm-bees

I'm not sure if this aspiration needs to be updated or not, but it would give Sims some specific tasks to complete over time, and I left a feedback comment asking about whether it was pending an update or fine without one, so you can keep an eye out for a response.
    https://modthesims.info/d/630038/sims-4-beekeeper-aspiration.html
  • Options
    @Cidira, Thank you.
    I have the calm bees mod. Right now it's a blessing because my bees are constantly enraged so there's no bonding with them at all. Including right some of them get enraged again right after I calm them.
    I like your idea of relationship gains as the skill goes up better. To add to that maybe the higher skill/relationship could also lead to enraged bees less often.
    I've seen that beekeeper aspiration. I have it bookmarked. I'll keep an eye on it and see if it gets updated.

The freelance career idea was just off the top of my head. It's not a big deal.
    I never understood the register your job (or whatever it's called) feature that they added to the game.
  • Options
    [quote="simgirl542;c-17757251"]@Cidira, Thank you.
    I have the calm bees mod. Right now it's a blessing because my bees are constantly enraged so there's no bonding with them at all. Including right some of them get enraged again right after I calm them.
    I like your idea of relationship gains as the skill goes up better. To add to that maybe the higher skill/relationship could also lead to enraged bees less often.
    I've seen that beekeeper aspiration. I have it bookmarked. I'll keep an eye on it and see if it gets updated.

The freelance career idea was just off the top of my head. It's not a big deal.
    I never understood the register your job (or whatever it's called) feature that they added to the game. [/quote]

Re: The constant enragement, I assume you're already treating mites every time you have the option, since the option only appears when the bees have mites?

The registration features provides an in-game concept of self-employment. When the game checks to see whether Sims are employed (e.g. whether they can be hired as employees in player-run businesses), a Sim who has registered will be treated as employed, not unemployed. If another Sim uses the 'Ask About Career' interaction on them, they'll answer with the job title you gave them. That's about it -- it doesn't pay anything, or give them tasks, or try to send them to a rabbithole, it just tells the game they already have a job, and then you go on having them do whatever they're doing for money.