Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

animations that are in the game, but not really in the game?

I was poking around the game animations list while using pose player the other day, and I found this one animation set called "pillow talk".

a2a_bed_intimate_pillowTalk_succeed_x
a2a_bed_intimate_pillowTalk_succeed_y

tumblr_nzzf3zqlxk1r30woao7_1280.png
tumblr_nzzf3zqlxk1r30woao5_1280.png
More pictures here: http://simlishdistractions.tumblr.com/post/135991507809/omg-you-guys-look-at-what-i-found-in-the-game

I don't have any CC poses or animations installed at the moment, so this must be in the game files, right? Is this some high-level social that I haven't unlocked or something? Or if it's not actually unlocked in the game, why not!?! It's so cute! And I've wanted relaxing on the bed socials back ever since TS4 came out without them!

Comments

• XopaxPaxXopaxPax Posts: 1,769 Member
    Pretty sure it has something to do with Relax in bed, that is not in the game too.
    I also found out that for some weird reason all the hot tub animations are patched in the base game, even if you don't have PPS, that's pretty weird since that was the only animation from a pack that was patched in the BG.
    tenor.gif
  • XopaxPaxXopaxPax Posts: 1,769 Member
    edited December 2015
    Ops, double post.
    Post edited by XopaxPax on
    tenor.gif
  • The_SimScraperThe_SimScraper Posts: 2,083 Member
    It really upsets me there aren't any bed interactions, I wish our Sims could actually relax on the bed, cuddle on the bed, read while laying on the bed, kiss and talk on the bed, text on the bed etc. There's so much I wish they could do and there's animations for it but they're just not in game to use :pensive:
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    How did you get them in to those positions OP?
  • xoJessixoJessi Posts: 1,859 Member
    Wut!? Nice find. Can we have this finished please? @allthegurus
    Looks awesome. I wouldn't mind this for a picnic or star gazing too.
  • pixiejuicepixiejuice Posts: 711 Member
    @fullspiral I just walked them next to each other, both facing forward as evenly as I could get them. Then I played the animation. It's not quite exact. The guy is angled a tiny bit wrong, although his head seems to turn a little to correct that. I wish I could stick a bed underneath them to use this for story shots, but putting furniture underneath makes them reset. Such a bummer.
  • elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    Logisitcs wrote: »
    Despite the fact that this is now common business practice, I find it absolutely disgusting that Maxis is locking these away (to be paid for at a later date in some pack no doubt), even though it's already in the game code.

Lol. You realize that there are many, many Get to Work, Get Together, etc. codes in the game files, even if you don't own these packs? Guess they are disgusting for not giving them away for free ;)
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • AyumapAyumap Posts: 3,425 Member
    edited December 2015
    Yeah, I'd assume they're in the game because they will will likely be used in future dlc content. Months ago someone made a mod to enable the "relax" in bed animation. (though it seems to be the one sims use right before they go under the covers of a bed against the wall.

Well anyway. I'm guessing we really are going to get that "fine love" ep or sp this February. We've already seen the shower woohoo animations.

Besides, who knows which animations they'll use for a free patch update.

I do think they left needed content out of the base game, but at least there are monthly free updates as well. More or less.
    2m60a6q.jpg
    *There's nothing wrong with loving the Sims 4, there's also nothing wrong with seeking improvements.
    A list of Mods I use.|My Sims 4 Mod and CC "Master" post. Helpful Links included.
  • pixiejuicepixiejuice Posts: 711 Member
    Well, I hope that they are planning to use this very soon, because it's super cute! I don't mind whether they put it in a paid pack or a free patch, I just want it! Sooner rather than later. It just seems like such a shame to have an animation that is so "finished" in the game files but not usable. I am also half hoping some talented modder might see this and link up the animations to a bed so we can use them! :)

Or at least maybe the rumors about the Find Love GP have some merit and this is part of it? Maybe along with the shower woohoo people found hints of in the game files.
  • LogisitcsLogisitcs Posts: 1,156 Member
    edited December 2015
    elelunicy wrote: »
    Despite the fact that this is now common business practice, I find it absolutely disgusting that Maxis is locking these away (to be paid for at a later date in some pack no doubt), even though it's already in the game code.

Lol. You realize that there are many, many Get to Work, Get Together, etc. codes in the game files, even if you don't own these packs? Guess they are disgusting for not giving them away for free ;)

Because they were probably added into the game coding with the patch that always preceded the packs? How does that apply to finding animation in game files at least 2 months before a potential pack and a patch to accompany it? Before you try to make me out to be some form of a dummy why don't you think things through?
  • elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    elelunicy wrote: »

Because they were probably added into the game coding with the patch that always preceded the packs? How does that apply to finding animation in game files at least 2 months before a potential pack and a patch to accompany it? Before you try to make me out to be some form of a dummy why don't you think things through?

There is no meaningful difference whatsoever between adding something right before a pack or two months before the release. If they finished working on something they can add them to the game whenever they want, since eventually they need to be added anyway. And yes there are plenty of Get to Work and Get Together codes/resources added more than two months before the release (for example, ladies night, singles night were in the codes months before they were even announced).
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    XopaxPax wrote: »
    Pretty sure it has something to do with Relax in bed, that is not in the game too.
    I also found out that for some weird reason all the hot tub animations are patched in the base game, even if you don't have PPS, that's pretty weird since that was the only animation from a pack that was patched in the BG.

Actually if something from an ep is patched into the base game files that is because they have plans on offering that content outside of the ep as well. Like in Sims 3 the put both Hot tubs and washer/dryers in the base game data so they could add them in buyable packs in the store even if you did not have the ep. It is not unusual. Technically eps do not really work with other eps - they work with the base game programming and why somethings have to have their programming put in the base game. It is why I always said if we ever get toddlers the programming will need to be in the base game - patched in for them to work right as well as work with all the eps.

There are also some programming they patch to the base game that also requires base game programming for it to work porperly from eps coming out - so there is a chance that programming is one of two things - either an action that will be available when a certain ep or gp comes out or it is programming they planned on but decided not to use and cut the action from the game for some reason or other. Like perhaps it has some issue or creates some corruption - and they couldn't sort it out - so they added a switch to it so it does not function. That way if they fix the issue and plan to add it in a future ep - then all they have to do is connect the ep programming to that in the base game.

Of course there is always the chance it was an action they just decided they did not want it in the game. It's no way to know until we actually eventually either see it in game or does not. It is not unusual for Maxis to have even content in the game we never get to play with - just because they decide not to use it.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    It could get patched into the game if find love is coming out so it might be able to add the romantic picnic basket and bear rug with the new bed animations.

Of course this is pure speculation on my part.
    Interestingly milk shakes were also found in the coding before cool kitchens released. Those could work with find love if it adds restaurants.
    Xoxk9 wrote: »
    Wut!? Nice find. Can we have this finished please? @allthegurus
    Looks awesome. I wouldn't mind this for a picnic or star gazing too.

We already have star gazing but it isn't romantic.
    pixiejuice wrote: »
    I was poking around the game animations list while using pose player the other day, and I found this one animation set called "pillow talk".

a2a_bed_intimate_pillowTalk_succeed_x
    a2a_bed_intimate_pillowTalk_succeed_y

tumblr_nzzf3zqlxk1r30woao7_1280.png
    tumblr_nzzf3zqlxk1r30woao5_1280.png
    More pictures here: http://simlishdistractions.tumblr.com/post/135991507809/omg-you-guys-look-at-what-i-found-in-the-game

I don't have any CC poses or animations installed at the moment, so this must be in the game files, right? Is this some high-level social that I haven't unlocked or something? Or if it's not actually unlocked in the game, why not!?! It's so cute! And I've wanted relaxing on the bed socials back ever since TS4 came out without them!

Any chance you can post those tumbler pics here? My internet is timing out at that link and it's running too slow for me to view those pics.
    edited December 2015
    On the 2nd pic it looks like their about to kiss. I sure hope these make it into the January Patch.

Edit
    Also I hope the kiss animations are done properly so their lips touch.

Edit Again
    This is needed so it can be used on the bear rug and romantic picnic basket if we get those objects.
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,577 Member
    edited December 2015
    It looks like the animation before your sims woohoo in bed (minus the leg crossing). I could be wrong tho cuz I don't make my sims woohoo at all. XD
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    DeKay wrote: »
    It looks like the animation before your sims woohoo in bed (minus the leg crossing). I could be wrong tho cuz I don't make my sims woohoo at all. XD

They look completely different lol ;) Bound to be added at some point. Very cute animations.
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • FaberriesFaberries Posts: 1,354 Member
    Oh, I hope we will get them soon <3
    Star Wind Flower Sun
  • Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    Super cute animations! It's a bummer we don't have functional access to them. More interactions with the bed (other than just a place to rest your bum and head) would be a nice addition! (Ex: lounging on the bed, jumping on the bed, building a blanket fort etc).
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
    edited December 2015
    That female hairstyle looks new to me. I don't think I"ve seen it in game. Anyone else think it's new?
    [img][/img]tumblr_nzzf3zqlxk1r30woao5_1280.png
  • SimsFurSimsFur Posts: 1,998 Member
    find love is making its turn?