Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Laptop Shopping

LauBreckLauBreck Posts: 6 New Member
Hello,
So, I am trying to find a laptop that can play all TS2 games with no glitches. I've given up hope trying to play TS3 because everytime I've tried it would work for a bit then glitch out completely rendering the game unplayable. Thus I'm sticking with TS2. I know nothing about laptop specs but literally TS2 will be the only game on it. I've been looking at Macs but idk if I should just stick to Windows or an asus... I just want to sim in peace! This has literally been an unachievable dream since TS2 came out. Please help me, my price range in from $625-1500. Thank you

Comments

• Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    The thing about TS2 is the Mac versions are completely separate from the PC versions. A key for a PC version will not work on a Mac and vice versa. Sounds of your post makes me believe you got a PC version. The mac version of the game is missing later EP's and many SP's. I don't know the specifics as I've never owned a Mac. If you go Mac, if you have one of those later EP's installed, you'll lose the ability to play those neighborhoods.

Windows isn't a computer brand name and asus isn't an OS so not sure what you mean by stick to Windows or an asus.

And a computer by itself will not get rid of all of the glitches Sims 2 has as not all of them are caused by the computer. And given how old TS2 is, any new computer (desktop or laptop) runs risk of the hardware being too new. There are workarounds to this, however. I was lucky when I put together my new desktop.

Why are you wanting a laptop? You'll get more performance for your dollar with a desktop than a laptop.