Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Enemies should not be having casual conversations

Please this is ridiculous. If 2 sims absolutely despise one another and declared each other enemies, they should not be having a pleasant conversation the next morning. TS2 and TS3 was much better in this regard.

Comments

• TrashmagicTrashmagic Posts: 977 Member
    Agreed! :)
  • Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    I agree as well. Goldfish have a longer memory. I had my sim hang out at a neighbor's house for almost a full sim week constantly abusing them. Kicking them out of their own beds, embarrassing them in the bathroom. Pounding the everloving snot outta them every chance I got, just being a complete and total nightmare. I had just gotten the game and I was testing the boundaries of inappropriateness at a neighbor's house, to learn there aren't any boundaries. When I didn't actively have something mean and horrible queued up, they would always try to have a nice conversation. C'mon, I just pummeled you, you peed your pants, you're exhausted thanks to me, you're embarrassed and STILL you wanna play nice-nice with me? Get Real.
  • aquabluefoxaquabluefox Posts: 74 Member
    I agree. It makes it difficult to have any actual conflict. One family I played consisted of a couple and the husband's sister, who was living with them temporarily while she developed in her career as a musician. While the husband and his sister were supposed to get along fine, I had it in mind that she would be at odds with his wife and they would be constantly at each other's throats, eventually prompting the sister's early departure from the household. I made them perform a bunch of negative interactions and get their relationships well in the red, but they very seldom ever chose to be mean to each other and instead decided to be nice to each other. And even if I made them be mean to each other, they would engage in pleasant conversation between throwing drinks at each other. This made it impossible to create the tense household atmosphere that I wanted.
  • LogisitcsLogisitcs Posts: 1,156 Member
    Yes, impossible is the right word. It is impossible to create tension in the TS4 unless you manually pick the interactions. I hope it's not intentional
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Feedback want help here, you should move this to Ideas so they can see you want the system changed to reflect real life.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Angelllite7Angelllite7 Posts: 9,730 Member
    Logisitcs wrote: »
    Please this is ridiculous. If 2 sims absolutely despise one another and declared each other enemies, they should not be having a pleasant conversation the next morning. TS2 and TS3 was much better in this regard.

My sims will be at a bar, fight, declare each other enemies, then start chatting right then and there! Really ruins any submersion I had created into the situation.
  • aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    TS3 had if you were behaving bad they'd kick you out of their house.
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Yep. After rude introduction and insults, they shouldnt be exchanging pleasantries.
  • 06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    I agree, it drove me crazy trying to make the bear from OR my enemy when my sim constantly wanted to be his friend and they kept having happy conversations even after their bar was completely red. On the other hand in sims 3, my sims girlfriend wouldn't even talk to him after she found out about his cheating.

Then again I remember one EA employee said that they weren't aware sims could fight because they only play happy games with nice sims <.< That scared me as much as when Rachel said the classic slap was mean and abusive.
    06Bon06 wrote: »

Then again I remember one EA employee said that they weren't aware sims could fight because they only play happy games with nice sims <.< That scared me as much as when Rachel said the classic slap was mean and abusive.

Do you know where/when they said that?
    Because that's appalling. Something that has been in the game for 3 iterations is mean and abusive?!?!?!
  • KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    I've had sims able to hug each other within mere minutes of meeting. Even the friendliest people I know don't like being hugged by strangers.

It's like everyone is friends by default.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    RF even thought pointing was bad, because the sim who was pointed at "flinched back" so it was a fear reaction. Never mind that if anyone sticks their finger in your face, you will step back due to personal space being violated. But yeah, both the pointing and the slapping are now mischief, which is too bad. I'm not going to either stick a finger in someone's face or hit them as a playful thing, nor would I consider them playful if someone did them to me.

It's kind of funny -- in trying to take the "mean" out of those interactions, you could say that they're actually trying to make aggressive actions seem playful which is the exact opposite of what they were trying to do.
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Feedback want help here, you should move this to Ideas so they can see you want the system changed to reflect real life.

Do they even look in Ideas?
    ejoslin wrote: »
    RF even thought pointing was bad, because the sim who was pointed at "flinched back" so it was a fear reaction. Never mind that if anyone sticks their finger in your face, you will step back due to personal space being violated. But yeah, both the pointing and the slapping are now mischief, which is too bad. I'm not going to either stick a finger in someone's face or hit them as a playful thing, nor would I consider them playful if someone did them to me.

It's kind of funny -- in trying to take the "mean" out of those interactions, you could say that they're actually trying to make aggressive actions seem playful which is the exact opposite of what they were trying to do.

They also removed the random slapping ... do sims even still get into fights?

Because that's appalling. Something that has been in the game for 3 iterations is mean and abusive?!?!?!

It might have been the pointing or slappimg jot sure because they said it either before or just after sims 4 's release
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member

Yes, they do. You can even make clubs that have fighting as an encouraged activity in GT.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,545 Member
    sorry op but i fully disagree with you on this i think sims even if they are enemies should patch things up and restore there friendship
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
    edited December 2015
    sorry op but i fully disagree with you on this i think sims even if they are enemies should patch things up and restore there friendship

That is assuming there is a friendship to restore. See, I happen to think if two people do not like each other, are enemies, so on and so forth, friendly chatting is not only weird, but so against what people's stories generally are when dealing with people they hate that it very easily ruins what they're trying to tell.

Edit: There are people who like darker, more deviant stories. I'm one of them. If I have two sims who hate each other, I don't want them chatting. I want them getting mad when they see each other and either totally ignore them or pick a fight. Now, while I can direct a fight, if they autonomously have a friendly chat, it ruins that story.

It is not a human reaction to be all happy chatty/raise relationship chatty with someone you cannot stand.
  • KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    For some people, this doesn't fit with their stories. I had a sim whose daughter was abused by another sim. Why would she want to be friends with the sim who abused her child?
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,545 Member
    all i can answer is that i have no answers to that unless you have in your game some bad custom content
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
    all i can answer is that i have no answers to that unless you have in your game some bad custom content

What is this in response to? People are complaining that sims who hate each other are still autonomously nice -- that's not caused by bad cc.
  • esharpmajoresharpmajor Posts: 1,055 Member
    edited December 2015
    I feel like this is actually fixable. The issue is that the enemies default to a normal chat tone if not directly being told to be awful to each other (assuming neither sim is evil/mean/in a foul mood). Maybe a solution is just to change the default chat tone for enemies to negative. It would still be possible for the player to salvage the conversation and steer it into the positive, but if left autonomous the chat would be awkward and tense. The exception to this being if the sim(s) were "good", or "family oriented" and related. Kindly sims might autonomously try to improve their relationship. Otherwise they would just either walk away annoyed, or get into a fight.

Eta: of course I would still prefer a memory system. :# Ideally a sims relationship gain would be forever penalized a certain amount based on the severity of past misdeeds and traits/familial status of both sims.

It might have been the pointing or slappimg jot sure because they said it either before or just after sims 4 's release
    I feel like this is actually fixable. The issue is that the enemies default to a normal chat tone if not directly being told to be awful to each other (assuming neither sim is evil/mean/in a foul mood). Maybe a solution is just to change the default chat tone for enemies to negative. It would still be possible for the player to salvage the conversation and steer it into the positive, but if left autonomous the chat would be awkward and tense. The exception to this being if the sim(s) were "good", or "family oriented" and related. Kindly sims might autonomously try to improve their relationship. Otherwise they would just either walk away annoyed, or get into a fight.

Eta: of course I would still prefer a memory system. :# Ideally a sims relationship gain would be forever penalized a certain amount based on the severity of past misdeeds and traits/familial status of both sims.

But like in sims 2 and 3 when theu get mad not even friendly interaction are excepted, they basically need to calm down forst or theybjust keep getting more mad.

Yes, they do. You can even make clubs that have fighting as an encouraged activity in GT.

Ieant random townie fights, I don't think I saw any when I was playing ahha. That's cool that you csn have a fight club ahha
  • starcrunchstarcrunch Posts: 672 Member
    I've seen more bad behavior since the December patch. That said I don't really want them to continuously use mean interactions, that's not how real life works either. People I dislike don't get yelled at in public... we're polite. I just wish they stuck to neutral interactions (like the animations used during bored).

On the hugging of relative strangers - I can safely say as a person that doesn't like being hugged, people I just met hug me at an alarming rate. I have at least two friends that often introduce me to new people using, "This is X, he doesn't like to be hugged," so that it doesn't happen because they know how uncomfortable it makes me. I love going out and I think I'd go crazy if I didn't go out, but hugging... why :) ?

OriginID: CrunchedStars