Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Supernatural Disable Option

Rather then wait for the various forms of supernatural sims to show up and then control their population, could we have a disable supernatural Sim option, like in the Sims 3, now? I've never been a fan of aliens and I forsee various problems in the future. Let's just handle this now rather then later. Let's not have another over population of zombies and Vampires. If you love them keep them, but for people like me, I want the option to not have my male Sims abducted in the first place, satellites be darned.

Comments

• Options
    s1mszzangs1mszzang Posts: 797 Member
    edited December 2015
    male sims abducted and gets pregnant 'shudders'
    -edit- So many friends even refused to buy GTW EP cuz of that male abduction and pregnancy. -shudderz again-
  • Options
    martymart128martymart128 Posts: 15 Member
    I completely understand that, it ruins the gameplay.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited December 2015

Not to me it doesn't. And because of selfish players, people who like lifestates are forced to barely see any in fact GT didn't even brought one which is something that is part of the sims and every pack used to bring one. Now I don't completely disagree on having this as an option but just so you know aliens aren't the type of lifestate that can be turned off especially when it's tied to a career.

And since we don't know how future packs will be, if there will be any more lifestates for a matter of fact or not I say let's wait first rather than rush things off the bat.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    CrackFoxCrackFox Posts: 1,507 Member
    I would love this! I hate supernatural elements and i fully believe they shouldn't be forced upon on us regular Simmers who love the game for it's real life comparisons. I respect supernatural fans and of course they should be catered for too but it should always be something that people can avoid if they wish.
  • Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    I would welcome an off switch, but I'd rather have these options:
    • Add an on/off switch for ghosts and aliens and whenever any new supernatural is added, one for them too.
    • Advanced options for aliens:
      • Adjustable abduction frequency (zero, low, medium, high, extreme)
      • Adjustable post-abduction-pregnancy frequency (never, low, medium, high, always) and an option to enable female Sims to become pregnant after abduction.
      • On/off switch for male pregnancy, with a ‘male aliens only’ option (meaning male aliens can get pregnant, but male Sims can’t).

With these options every player can choose the flavour they like - and they should be able to pick different settings for each of their save games and be able to change the settings at will.
    Honestly, the Sims 4 would improve so much for so many players if we simply got options - it's not a "one size fits all" game.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    • Add an on/off switch for ghosts and aliens and whenever any new supernatural is added, one for them too.
      • Adjustable post-abduction-pregnancy frequency (never, low, medium, high, always) and an option to enable female Sims to become pregnant after abduction.
      • On/off switch for male pregnancy, with a ‘male aliens only’ option (meaning male aliens can get pregnant, but male Sims can’t).

With these options every player can choose the flavour they like - and they should be able to pick different settings for each of their save games and be able to change the settings at will.
    Honestly, the Sims 4 would improve so much for so many players if we simply got options - it's not a "one size fits all" game.

I disagree, that would be the easy and lazy way, why not be smart and put hands at work and like in previous games add a telescope that isn't the size of a house and have sims explore space or make it so that if you have meteors/space rocks in your inventory or a space ship in you house you get more probability to get abducted? I think that would be more like it.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

I disagree, that would be the easy and lazy way, why not be smart and put hands at work and like in previous games add a telescope that isn't the size of a house and have sims explore space or make it so that if you have meteors/space rocks in your inventory or a space ship in you house you get more probability to get abducted? I think that would be more like it.

How would adding sliders be lazy? What @MDianaSanders suggested was brilliant and her ideas would allow players to have full control of how they want aliens to behave in their game.

And maybe I want to have a telescope and space rocks in my inventory and NOT get abducted? Maybe I want a rocket ship without risk of being whisked away by aliens? Didn't think about that, now did you?
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • Options
    chidoriaidachidoriaida Posts: 282 Member
    Agreed! I am so tired of male sims getting pregnant. I don't mind them getting abducted, but getting pregnant is another story. There are also too many NPC aliens in disguise. Sometimes I like to have my sims date and marry NPCs, but often times that NPC is an alien. Then I had to change my target cuz I don't want alien babies. I wish there is a label for aliens under their name when we put the cursor over them.
  • Options
    AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member

Not to me it doesn't. And because of selfish players, people who like lifestates are forced to barely see any in fact GT didn't even brought one which is something that is part of the sims and every pack used to bring one. Now I don't completely disagree on having this as an option but just so you know aliens aren't the type of lifestate that can be turned off especially when it's tied to a career.

And since we don't know how future packs will be, if there will be any more lifestates for a matter of fact or not I say let's wait first rather than rush things off the bat.

Where was it said that it was 'selfish' players fault that we didn't get a new life state in GT?
  • Options
    Thursday10pmThursday10pm Posts: 193 Member

These sort of options would be fantastic. There are some save files I like to have aliens (or other supernaturals) in and others where I prefer a more realistic lifestyle. It would be nice to have the choice
  • Options
    edited December 2015

How would adding sliders be lazy? What @MDianaSanders suggested was brilliant and her ideas would allow players to have full control of how they want aliens to behave in their game.

And maybe I want to have a telescope and space rocks in my inventory and NOT get abducted? Maybe I want a rocket ship without risk of being whisked away by aliens? Didn't think about that, now did you?

It would be a special interaction through the telescope with that chance like in previous games, you wouldn't have to put it in your inventory. As for the meteors and spaceship sure because you put one in all the houses you make and carry meteors in the inventory of all your sims all the time. Your just trying to be difficult but whatever darling. Another option would be a not very expensive perk trait that would make sims more vulnerable to abductions.

I'd just prefer to have more detailed gameplay rather than slide an UI.
    Astro wrote: »

Where was it said that it was 'selfish' players fault that we didn't get a new life state in GT?

I didn't said that.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member

I don't think it's selfish that people dislike supernatural life states. I do think it's arrogant to insist that idea.

An on/off switch would work better.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options
    MzB06MzB06 Posts: 1,200 Member
    I would love this option. I love supernatural creatures, but not an overload of them. Great idea!
  • Options
    LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    I don't necessarily think we need an option to turn them off completely, BUT, we should at the very least be able to control our Sim when an alien arrives on our lot! I really hate how the Sims just go check out the "strange light" by default and you can't even stop them... you can't cancel the action.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Options
    halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    I think we should be able to control supernaturals per world.

For example to disable all supernaturals for Windenburg
    To allow vampires and Zombies for Oasis Springs
    To allow only aliens for Willow Creek

I want to be able to disable supernaturals individually and also another setting to allow or disable per world.
    I love to play supernaturals but I don't want every world to have them all. I might want vampire stories in worlds 1 while only normal sims in world 2.
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    Ponder the SimPonder the Sim Posts: 3,054 Member
    Love this idea. We need more control over the world.
  • Options
    TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    I'm all for the option of disabling supernaturals. Or limiting them to their own worlds, like Makin' Magic had. Or triggering them with certain objects. I'm all for any way to have them other than them just running rampant everywhere.
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Sims 3 had it all wrong with the supernatural plagues, automatically showing up like rats in a sewer once you installed an EP. And they got it right the way they handled genies and with the patched in option menu. Then they went all wrong again with the darn DARN mermaids. I love mermaids. In the sea and being a rarity. I don't want a whole town filling up with purple legged neighbours like I do now.

In short: I 100% agree with you OP. I love supernaturals, but I want to be able to control them. And play without them if I choose.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    I've only had a Sim get abducted once.

I would prefer gameplay features to activate/deactivate life states. Having toggle them on/off in options would be just boring.

Like If I wanted to see zombies I could have my Sorcerer try to break one of the Laws of Magic, to bring back the dead, and perform a Rite of Necromancy, only if that spell has been enacted will Zombies spawn across the World(s). If I Want zombies to go away, Dispel the Spell, but it shouldn't be easy.

and maybe Same thing with Supernaturals. Aliens, you don't know who is an alien unless you're a doctor/scientist and you can call them out.

I think it should be the Same for supernaturals you won't know who is who unless your sim is a Magic Hunter, Or you Find out by Snooping or something.

and I Kind of Agree with @halimali1980 Supernaturals per world.
    Customizing what Supernaturals spawn in What World.
    I would have Vampires Reside in Willow Creek
    and have Sorcerers and Werewolves In like a big city like world.

I just hope when Supernaturals arrive, some would come with hostility and Action.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    Agreed! I am so tired of male sims getting pregnant. I don't mind them getting abducted, but getting pregnant is another story. There are also too many NPC aliens in disguise. Sometimes I like to have my sims date and marry NPCs, but often times that NPC is an alien. Then I had to change my target cuz I don't want alien babies. I wish there is a label for aliens under their name when we put the cursor over them.

That's funny, in my main game I have yet to come across an alien. My female science sim was abducted twice, and Bob pancakes once. But I haven't seen them around town in my main game, or noticed them in the science career. And, Bob came back without being pregnant.
  • Options
    ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member

Those options would be amazing!!

Some games I'm all for a Sim getting abducted and pregnant. Other saves... ugh, I do not want that to happen. It doesn't fit the story.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    Soulcloud6Soulcloud6 Posts: 267 Member
    I liked the sims for the realistic elements... as am sure most people do! I mean that was the original concept! But don't get me wrong I also loved Sims Making magic and such but I prefer if all of it was optionals... Nothing kills immersion more than working at a hospital and all my co workers are ghosts.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited December 2015
    Soulcloud6 wrote: »
    I liked the sims for the realistic elements... as am sure most people do! I mean that was the original concept! But don't get me wrong I also loved Sims Making magic and such but I prefer if all of it was optionals... Nothing kills immersion more than working at a hospital and all my co workers are ghosts.
    It is actually pretty funny though. Most of the supernatural ideas came from real medical conditions. Like witches came from a side effect of bad bread. It is really interesting looking up the origins of them. But yeah options would be nice.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    Soulcloud6 wrote: »
    It is actually pretty funny though. Most of the supernatural ideas came from real medical conditions. Like witches came from a side effect of bad bread. It is really interesting looking up the origins of them. But yeah options would be nice.

never heard that tale before.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    MightydanMightydan Posts: 2,983 Member
    Yes, off switch for the love of llama! I now have to go into the household manager and delete the plumload of aliens that are generated whenever I step into an alien night by accident. Supernaturals are fine, but not everybody wants them in their games.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top