Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Videocamera file

Does anyone know where I can find the Videocamera.ini file on a mac? To change the cinematic camera speed settings.. I consider making machinimas with the sims 4 :)

Comments

• f4ncyf3a5tf4ncyf3a5t Posts: 1 New Member
    I would also like to know! trying to google it and will respond if I find it/find anything about it. I would figure it'd be somewhere in the package contents of the application (in the applications folder, right click on Sims 4 and choose "show package contents"), but since it's in a sort of wineskin wrapper iirc you have to go down a few levels through the windows emulation to get to actual game files. I would have thought it'd be in the Documents folder for Sims 4 but it seems that on Windows it's in the application itself, so that complicates things.
  • Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    Afraid there aren't many Mac users who make videos and most use Quicktime or another video capture program to make videos if they do. I do not recommend changing any information in any files to the game.
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
  • ZemnodZemnod Posts: 99 Member
    @f4ncyf3a5t Hey, I have found it a while ago, should have posted it in here. But it's actually really easy. Find The Sims 4 in your programs folder and right click to go to "Show Package Contents" then go to Contents> res > VideoCamera.ini

To change the file you have to open this document in text editor and when it's opened scroll all the way down and only change this number 2.0 where it says

DefaultInterpolatorTime = 2.0

You can change this number to 10.0 I find that that number gives the camera the best slowness, you can go higher however you like.

@Tremayne4260 I have had issues with the in game video recording option because it comes with a ton of lag so I decided to capture my screen with Open Broadcaster Software = OBS
    This worked good however I have still a little bit of lag, but that's just because my laptop isn't strong enough to handle everything. It's not a gaming computer you see..

Yet here's the result, I made this on my macbook pro :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dd_U4Hpsbao
  • Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    Great video! :)
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
  • BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    f4ncyf3a5t wrote: »
    but since it's in a sort of wineskin wrapper iirc you have to go down a few levels through the windows emulation to get to actual game files. I would have thought it'd be in the Documents folder for Sims 4 but it seems that on Windows it's in the application itself, so that complicates things.

No it's not. TS4 is native in OS X. TS3 used Cider.

apple-signature.png