Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Daily Deal (DD) 2018 Rotation List and Sales Help

Comments

• despina53despina53 Posts: 1,654 Member
    Hi, Jodi ( @Me1620 ). @AuzzPanda wasn't aware of the DD thread until some of us in the Activity feed directed them here. I told them if they had any questions about the spreadsheet, since you are it's awesome author, they should just ask you :mrgreen:
    Call me Dee :p
    Proud member of the "Own The Store Club"
  • AuzzPandaAuzzPanda Posts: 1,235 Member
    Hiya Dee! ;)
    Those deals are very big discounts actually... Which one would you recommend?
    23rif7.gif
  • Me1620Me1620 Posts: 4,994 Member
    edited October 2016
    @despina53 - I love answering questions. :)

@AuzzPanda - Have you tried the Animal Abounds Cascade yet? For about 425 sp, you get two huge compilations of kids items. Read about the Animal Abounds Cascade on page 1 of this thread.

If you are comfortable with spreadsheets, I would suggest downloading one from your time zone. Start filling in the items and sets you own. Then check out the Current Rotation tab to see if any sets will be free. The spreadsheets are found on page 1.

Be sure to check out LadybugLeslie's thread Getting the Best Bang for Your SimPoints where she and other Simmers discuss how they have taken advantage of the DD to trigger various cascades taking them closer and closer to owning the store.

a.k.a. - Jodi and a link to My Page on the Sims 3 website

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
    Waaaait wait wait wait wait, so if I buy a single item from a compilation pack, then the compilation itself will be cheaper? Or did I completely turn into a misunderstanding llama 0_0
    -If that IS the case, then roughly I should always buy 2 of those items around 25 , then 375-245, and THEN the compilation?
    Bleh, sorry!
    23rif7.gif
    edited October 2016
    @AuzzPanda - The Complete Your Set Discount (CYS) allows us to buy a few items from a set to lower the price of the set. The credit you get from buying a few items, in combination with an excellent Daily Deal price, will give you the rest of the set for free.

Animal Abounds Cascade works because of a glitch. For a combo set, the product page will list the sets that are included in the combo set. But take a look at the Animals Abound Playground - Outdoor Fun product page. This set is a part of Kids! 2010 and Tip Top Toddler Collection. However, these two compilations are listed as being part of Animals Abound Playground. So, when you complete the playground for about 425 sp, you then go to the product pages of the two compilations and you will have the green download button.

Edit to Add - A few sets, such as Seeing Stars, are not eligible for the CYS discount. For those sets, do not buy any single items.

Please read these two posts from page 74.
    forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/15249493/#Comment_15249493 that includes tips on how those new to the DD
    forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/15250292/#Comment_15250292 that includes a bit more explanation about CYS.

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
    edited October 2016
    Okay! Does a specific price for the individual items have to be taken into account?
    23rif7.gif
    edited October 2016
    @imdragonit
    @Me1620
    Okay wait but for example, if I were to buy 2 individual things from this set, which is on sale, then the rest would be free? Kind of like that? :#
    http://store.thesims3.com/setsProductDetails.html?productId=OFB-SIM3:46429
    (Sorry again to bother!)
    Edit: And would they have to be premium content items or any?
    23rif7.gif
  • imdragonitimdragonit Posts: 1,019 Member
    edited October 2016
    @AuzzPanda as me1620 says you get a whole lot of stuff with that cascade! Don't know if it will help you but what I did was print those first pages of deals so I could cross off deals as I get them & also know if it's the cheapest price or not. (evil laugh ) you're in with the rest of us now :D Can't spell today
    @AuzzPanda - Not quite sure what you mean. The first item you buy to activate the CYS should be the lowest priced item in the set.

edited October 2016
    AuzzPanda wrote: »
    Okay wait but for example, if I were to buy 2 individual things from this set, which is on sale, then the rest would be free? Kind of like that? :#
    http://store.thesims3.com/setsProductDetails.html?productId=OFB-SIM3:46429
    (Sorry again to bother!)
    Edit: And would they have to be premium content items or any?

Let me get an example for you. The CYS works best for sets on the DD than Sale items. * goes to look for an excellent deal on the DD

ETA - Duh. More Magic is currently on the DD. The number of items you need to buy depends on the amount of discount and the value of the items you buy.
    Post edited by Me1620 on

• calentscalents Posts: 245 Member
    Okay! Does a specific price for the individual items have to be taken into account?

Short answer yes, long answer here.

@Me1620 There is something wrong with the Daily Deal/CYS Calculator link on the first page. It goes to a thread about Sims 4.
    Now a member of the Own the Store Club! Thank you to everyone who helped!
  • imdragonitimdragonit Posts: 1,019 Member
    edited October 2016
    calents wrote: »
    @Me1620 There is something wrong with the Daily Deal/CYS Calculator link on the first page. It goes to a thread about Sims 4.
    Not sure what happened there? I will fix that immediately. ETA - Fixed

• Jude525Jude525 Posts: 1,699 Member
    @AuzzPanda welcome. My advice... breathe. This is gonna be a lot of information to absorb. It sounds like Jodi (@Me1620) will talk you through your first experience, but we're all here to try and help along the way. Before you know it you'll be a trooper at saving TONS of points on stuff. Whether your goal is to own every item in the store or just get those really neat items more quickly, this is the way to do it.

BTW, Jodi, thanks for the Lost Sims Lazy Leather. One step closer to Cool Summer Nights.
    aka Jude
    I own the store as of 1+7/17/17

My Studio

My build thread in the Creative Corner
    edited October 2016
    @JoeJude16
    Thanks for the words.
    I am having trouble understanding. My comprehension fails me lol!
    23rif7.gif
  • Jamshid666Jamshid666 Posts: 23 New Member
    Well, I lost my power due to Hurricane Matthew and I missed out on the Prism Art Studio DD. At least my power is back up now and I can get back to trying to own the store.
    edited October 2016
    @AuzzPanda - Here is an example using deal 746 - Luxe Kidswear.

The regular price of the set is 1000 sp and the DD price is 270 sp or 73% off.
    The DD spreadsheet CYS for Free tab will give you the level of CYS for the set to be free (at least an estimate). Luxe Kidswear will be free if your CYS is 657.

If you buy:

Deal 566 PomPom Hat for 53 sp (Regular 100 sp)
    Deal 597 Night Flower Pajamas for 35 sp (Regular 75 sp)
    Deal 936 Moon Rabbit Pajamas for 20 sp (Regular 75 sp)
    Deal 963 Tank Top Pajamas for 20 sp (Regular 75 sp)

You have spent 128 sp for 4 items worth 325 sp. Your CYS is reduced by 90% of the regular price of the items - not what you spent. Using the simple formula to calculate your CYS = 90% of set price - 90% of the value of the items you own. 900 - 290 = 610. Your CYS will be 610 which is lower than 657. This set does not have any items priced lower than 75 sp. Other sets have items as low as 25 sp so you can get your CYS to be closer to the CYS for the set to be free without going over.

In this example, you would have to go through the cycle of the DD and pass the 746 deal. Or buy just deal 566 and 597. Your regular CYS will be approximately 740 or 745 (depending on the rounding). According to eliana's calculator, you should expect to pay about 88 when the set comes on the DD.

By the way, if you look at the spreadsheet or the list on page 1. The deal that just passed for More Magic was a medium priced deal. Deal 748 is the best price for More Magic.

Luxe Kidswear is not included in any other set. If you do get a set that is included in a compilation or combo set, or better yet more than one, owning the set could give you the green download for the bigger set - that is cascading.

If I am wrong with my calculations, I would appreciate if some fellow DDers would correct me.

A good approach is to read the Cascades thread so you can plan the best way to spend you simpoints.

• TamaekTamaek Posts: 440 Member
    Thank you @Scotsim and @Me1620 very useful information. I'll do that. ^_^
    As of 12-18-16 I joined the Own The Store Club! Now I get to pay it forward! Thanks to everyone who helped me get here. You guys are amazing. ^_^ Love to you all!! <3

Looking to make the most of your Simpoints and maybe make some great friends along the way?

Check out the DD Rotation Thread for tips, tricks, tools and the whole DD rotation schedule.

Need a little help owning the store or want to help others? Head over to The Gifting Directory!
    @Me1620
    Thank you for taking the time to help me;
    Okay, let me see if I sort of got it...
    If I were to do the deal 748... It says I should need around 792 CYS. SO I have to grab individual items from that pack, that together sum up 792? In which case I would save about 1000 simpoints compared to the original price?
    But when I go to its page, it says it's 1,782 simpoints. What does the Daily Deal mean then? Where it says it's 902?
    Again, sorry to bother >_< thanks so much!
    23rif7.gif
  • Jamshid666Jamshid666 Posts: 23 New Member
    Well, MMAO won't give me any more deals. I think I just need five venues to "own the store."
    edited October 2016
    @Me1620 ... Okay, let me see if I sort of got it...
    If I were to do the deal 748... It says I should need around 792 CYS. SO I have to grab individual items from that pack, that together sum up 792? In which case I would save about 1000 simpoints compared to the original price?
    But when I go to its page, it says it's 1,782 simpoints. What does the Daily Deal mean then? Where it says it's 902?
    Again, sorry to bother >_< thanks so much!

@AuzzPanda - No need to apologize. You are not bothering us. We are here to help. CYS is complicated and I hope I can explain it without confusing you more. Some of my explanation is about the DD and not specifically your questions on More Magic!

JoeJude16 gives you great advice, breathe and take this slowly. You need some planning, lots of reading and lots of patience to own the store.

Before you read through all this, I will tell you that your best way to get More Magic! is to follow this cascade from Ladybug Leslie's Cascade thread.

Purchase Best of 2012 Compilation for 910 sp by getting:
    - Deal # 546: Chun Co Teppanyaki Grill (150 SP), it is also DD# 149, 160, 497, &579
    - Deal # 952: Stones Throw Greenhouse (760 SP)
    - Best of 2012--- free!
    More Magic! is included in Best of 2012 Compilation. So by spending 910 instead of 880 sp, you will own not only More Magic! but also Stones Throw Greenhouse; Itadakimasu! Japanese Inspired Dining; India Inspiration Collection (which includes India Inspirations Living Room Set; India Inspirations Bedroom Set; India Inspirations Clothing and Hairstyles) Then because you own Best of 2012, you will end up cascading towards other compilations I won't mention right now.

Now, why are these deals called Daily Deal? Back in the early days of the Sims 3 store, the Daily Deal (DD) was truly a daily deal. One item was offered at a discounted price for 24 hours. Over time, the store team has changed the DD from the single item, to list of a few items that rotated over the course of a day or two, to lists that included hundreds of items. The majority of deals run for two hours but some for one hour or three hours. The current DD list of deals takes 82 days to run from deal 1 to deal 977. Some items and sets are offered only once. Others are offered up to 6 different times at various prices.

Here is the listing for deal 748 from page 1 of the thread.
    748 ) More Magic! / 902 / 1782 / 49% / 2 hrs (Less than # 133, # 143 & # 672)

The 902 is the "daily deal" price that the set will cost for two hours on Nov. 30th. The DD spreadsheet lets me know the date and time the deal will be offered in a number of different time zones. If you live in the Eastern Time Zone, deal 748 will come up November 30th at 6:19 AM. The regular price of the set is 1782 sp. The DD price of 902 sp is 49% off the regular price. The deal is offered for 2 hours.

You are correct that when your CYS reaches 792 sp, you should get a green download button. However, buying 792 worth of items does not give you a CYS of 792. Since only 90% of the items regular value is credited to your CYS, you have to spend about 880 sp to get your CYS to 792. (90% of 880 = 792) You are spending 880 sp so you save 22 sp instead of paying 902 sp.

To make the DD work for you, you want to buy items on sale. You want to get a set at a great price that is included in a compilation or subset so its value works to reduce the CYS for the compilation and possibly get the rest of the set free or at a greatly reduced price.

The only item from More Magic! that is on the DD is Lord Vladimir’s Magic Cauldron at deal 805. If you are patient, you could pick up deal 805 for 162 sp or 65% off. You will reduce your CYS by approximately 415 sp (90% of 461). Your CYS will be approximately 1190. By Elianahere's calculator, when deal 748 comes up your price is 398 sp. You spend 560 sp instead of 902 or 880. BUT, as I wrote at the beginning of this post, you are better off going for Best of 2012.

I hope I have not confused you. Please ask lots of questions.

@Jamshid666 - Good to hear that you came through Hurricane Matthew and you have your power back on again.

@JoeJude16 - You are welcome for getting you a step closer. Love your new signature.

@Tamaek - While you will have to go through quite a few deals, it will be worth it. Let us know when you get the cinema.

edited October 2016
    Hi all,
    How come the ''January 2012 Compilation'' isn't in the spreadsheet?
    Oh and also, I can't find the ads... I looked in ''My goodies''...
    Sorry, new to this!
    Post edited by AuzzPanda on
    23rif7.gif
  • Jude525Jude525 Posts: 1,699 Member
    @AuzzPanda, not every item or set is offered on the DD, and therefore does not appear on the spreadsheet. However, most sets and compilations have relationships with something on the DD rotation. I think the simplest place to look for these connections is the "Sort by Part of Set" tab.

In that tab scroll down to the set/compilation you want to own. In this case January 2012 Compilation. (When in any tab of the spreadsheet you can search for something by pressing CTRL+F then typing in what you are looking for.)

To the right you will see the details of the items/sets that will appear on the DD rotation that will apply to the January 2012 Compilation CYS. Acquire as much of these deals at the best prices you can before you go to the store page for the compilation and buying it for whatever price is presented there.

That being said, any set contained within the compilation may have its own path to reduce its price further. That is where the real skill comes in. If you grasp the complexities of the Jan '12 set, great! But if not, start with a smaller set to see how things connect. For some sets there are clear paths, especially if you are starting from the beginning, but if you are like me and already owned a decent amount of stuff before finding this, there may be other ways to your goals.

aka Jude
    I own the store as of 1+7/17/17

My Studio

My build thread in the Creative Corner
  • HoplassHoplass Posts: 369 Member
    Hi @AuzzPanda ! For ads you need to look for blue boxes on the left of the page, usually above the button for the make me an offer machine. They don't always show up though, you might want to look around for them a bit. They appear depending on region, so they might not show at all for you at this point. Every ad will give you 5 simpoints.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top