March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Daily Deal (DD) 2018 Rotation List and Sales Help

Comments

• tallcoolonetallcoolone Posts: 6,918 Member
    Thanks for this list @Me1620 and @rnramey!!! I was able to get Brunch At the Old Mill for 15 Simpoints in this deal using Complete Your Set with 13 25 pt items and the 100 pt stairs purchased.
    Now I'm trying to figure out how to gift the daily deals to others on things I own where I don't get the option to gift them. I THINK the person has to list them individually in order to gift the daily deals?
    My Page https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/tallcoolone
    Send me a friend request for Simport

• Me1620Me1620 Posts: 4,983 Member
    edited March 2021
    @tallcoolone - You cannot gift items on the daily deal or that are on the Sale page. You can only gift items at regular
    price.

Glad you were able to get the Brunch at the Old Mill for a great price. Did you know about the Official lot on the Exchange?
    rnramey wrote: »

884 ) Brunch at the Old Mill / 765 / 1700 / 55% / 2 hours
    Not part of any set or compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 948)
    The Brunch at the Old Mill set does not include the building or lot. However, the lot created by SimGuruKitty can be downloaded from the exchange here. A companion lot for Sunset Valley can be downloaded from the exchange here.
    a.k.a. - Jodi and a link to My Page on the Sims 3 website

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
    Me1620 wrote: »
    @waterywatermelon - In addition to what Coriandre has posted, I thought I would provide a bit more background. (Maybe more information than you need, but I love to reminisce about the DD.) ....

That was very interesting to read. Seriously. :smile:

@Greylady624 - I am glad you found my DD history story interesting. It was fun putting the lists together. Quite often a few on the DD team would race to see who could be the first to post the newest deal information.

In Canada, we have been using the metric system since the 70s. However, I still think in both Farenheit and Celsuis. I still think in imperial measures over metric.

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
  • AdamMoloo10AdamMoloo10 Posts: 8 New Member
    Hi, everyone. I recently got 1500 simpoints (1000 and then 500) for free by claiming them from the "my page" section on thesims3.com. I think those were from buying a few packs recently. Do the points have an expiry date or will they remain in my account until I use them? Thanks in advance.
  • ajaxpostajaxpost Posts: 4,200 Member
    Hi, everyone. I recently got 1500 simpoints (1000 and then 500) for free by claiming them from the "my page" section on thesims3.com. I think those were from buying a few packs recently. Do the points have an expiry date or will they remain in my account until I use them? Thanks in advance.
    As far as I am aware, there is no expiry on Simpoints ... I still have some that are many years old! 🙄

The only risk is that EA may at some time close the Store.

• tallcoolonetallcoolone Posts: 6,918 Member
    Ty @Me1620. I got SimGuruKittys official lot and @EleanorBreton has done a smaller one (30x30), here's the link for it.
    https://www.thesims3.com/search/lotSearch.html?sortBy=&dateRange=&hiddenKeyWord=Keywords&lotSearchCommand.description=simgurukitty&lotSearchCommand.zoneType=0000&lotSearchCommand.houseHoldSize=9999&lotSearchCommand.lotSize=0000&submit=GO

I also got the Futureshock Bedroom free using CYS and the DD, I just wanted a few items from that set originally and I really didn't have much from it. It gave me the Premium content (Sharper Sim’s Super Sleeper), guitar, bed, overhead light, and the arcade game, far more was free because of the sale price on the set. I would highly recommend anyone interested in that to buy pieces slowly when it comes back around on DD.

I thought I saw sale prices on wishlists, so I thought I would ask. I see that the "gift this item" is disabled, only hoped if they listed those separately we could gift them at the sale price. THANKS AGAIN!
    My Page https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/tallcoolone
    Send me a friend request for Simport

• rnrameyrnramey Posts: 3,063 Member
    Current Deal

NOTE: Set is on stuck "Sales" page for 370 sp. Sales price may override DD price. The value of CYS for this deal to be free may not be as shown in the DD spreadsheets.
    959 ) Contemporary Comfort Bedroom / 235 / 475 / 51% / 2 hours
    Part of: June 2011 Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 916, # 549)

Upcoming Deals

960 ) BahHaus' Boxy Window / 37 / 100 / 63% / 2 hours
    Part of: BahHaus
    This is the only time the item is offered on the DD

961 ) Futureshock Kitchen / 366 / 515 / 29% / 2 hours
    Part of: February 2011 Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 274, # 333)

NOTE: Set is on stuck "Sales" page for 488 sp. Sales price may override DD price. The value of CYS for this deal to be free may not be as shown in the DD spreadsheets.
    962 ) Futureshock Bedroom / 530 / 752 / 30% / 2 hours
    Not part of any other set or compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 809, # 839, # 63, # 920)

963 ) Tank Top Pajamas / 20 / 75 / 73% / 2 hours
    Part of: Luxe Kidswears

964 ) The Two Elements Sink / 26 / 75 / 65% / 2 hours
    Part of: Zen Again; World Inspiration Compilation

965 ) Homemade Jar Planters / 12 / 28 / 57% / 2 hours
    Part of: Country Livin'; April 2013 Compilation

966 ) Tiki Dining Room Set / 104 / 180 / 42% / 2 hours
    Part of: Full Tiki Set; Best of 2010 Collection; Island Escape Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 304, but less than # 490, # 108)

967 ) Street Couture / 238 / 725 / 67% / 2 hours
    Part of: March 2011 Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This one of two deals with the least expensive price for this item (Same as # 34, but less than # 439, # 797)

968 ) Once Upon a Time Cottage- Quaint Cottage Dining Table / 26 / 31 / 16% / 2 hours
    Part of: Once Upon A Time Cottage; Happily Ever After; Make A Wish Compilation

969 ) The Complete Castle by Castle Kits, Inc. / 196 / 693 / 72% / 2 hours
    Part of: Best of 2010 Collection
    Repeat Deal: This is the least expensive price for this item (Less than # 342, # 553)

970 ) "O" Bandeau / 29 / 75 / 61% / 2 hours
    Part of: Life’s a Beach (Swim); Sun, Surf & Sand (Swim + Sleep)
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 565)

971 ) Imperial Bedroom Zen / 292 / 545 / 46% / 2 hours
    Part of: November 2011 Compilation Set; World Inspiration Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 116, # 238)

Call me Regina. My Page Proud member of the "Own the store" club! :D

If you aren't already stalking the Daily Deals, you should be! Visit these threads to get Store items and Sets with the greatest possible discounts:
    DAILY DEAL (DD) ROTATION AND SALES HELP
    CASCADES & DAILY DEALS- GETTING THE BEST BANG FOR YOUR SP
    FREE ITEMS FROM "THE SIMS 3 STORE"
  • Jude525Jude525 Posts: 1,696 Member
    ajaxpost wrote: »
    Now if only the weather could decide to be 50 and dismal, or 85 and sunny. Fahrenheit, of course, 85 Celsius would be problematic...

Hope everyone is having a nice weekend.
    Thank you, thank you, thank you! Someone else who uses Fahrenheit!

OK, I know it's the measure used in the US but here in the UK I'm something of an outlier. 🙄
    Though, to be honest, I'd rather 70° or 75°, 85° is a touch too warm for me. 😎

Haha. Leave it to you be the the outsider. It's been a while. Hope everything is going well.

Meanwhile, I have arrived in sunny Florida. I went from temperatures in the 50s (Fahrenheit) up north to 80s and 90s already down south. Thank god for air conditioning!

I am laid up at the moment with a broken foot. This would be a perfect time to install TS3 from disc on my new system, except that I forgot the discs in Rhode Island! Luckily my sister will be visiting this week and was able to bring them. At least, she is supposed to be bringing them. We shall see. I'm looking forward to recreating my new home in game. I've made every other house I've lived in, so of course I have to do the same.

Happy Simming everyone.
    aka Jude
    I own the store as of 1+7/17/17

My Studio

My build thread in the Creative Corner
  • waterywatermelonwaterywatermelon Posts: 473 Member
    Jude525 wrote: »
    I am laid up at the moment with a broken foot. This would be a perfect time to install TS3 from disc on my new system, except that I forgot the discs in Rhode Island! Luckily my sister will be visiting this week and was able to bring them. At least, she is supposed to be bringing them. We shall see. I'm looking forward to recreating my new home in game. I've made every other house I've lived in, so of course I have to do the same.

Just so you know, you may want to get the serial codes from those disks and register them on the Sims 3 official site. You will get:

- registration rewards for each expansion pack (stuff packs don't count)
    - maybe bonus SimPoints to spend at the Sims 3 Store
    - Sims 3 EP icons on your Profile to show off and prove that you own the EPs
    - digital downloads will be unlocked so next time, you can just download the Sims 3 game and expansions directly from Origin instead of relying on a disc

In the middle of the Sims 3 development, EA has stopped producing detailed game manuals, which is a shame, because the game manuals are actually pretty helpful for understanding how the game works. Though, nowadays, with fast Internet access, I suppose you can just Google everything. Plus, the producer doesn't have to print any more manuals. They probably cost $$$ to EA.
    edited March 2021

Just so you know, you may want to get the serial codes from those disks and register them on the Sims 3 official site. You will get:

- registration rewards for each expansion pack (stuff packs don't count)
    - maybe bonus SimPoints to spend at the Sims 3 Store
    - Sims 3 EP icons on your Profile to show off and prove that you own the EPs
    - digital downloads will be unlocked so next time, you can just download the Sims 3 game and expansions directly from Origin instead of relying on a disc

In the middle of the Sims 3 development, EA has stopped producing detailed game manuals, which is a shame, because the game manuals are actually pretty helpful for understanding how the game works. Though, nowadays, with fast Internet access, I suppose you can just Google everything. Plus, the producer doesn't have to print any more manuals. They probably cost $$$ to EA.

Thanks. Yes, I've had them registered for years. But there are some major advantages to having a full disc install instead of a hybrid one. Over the years I found my game frequently locked out after an Origin client update. I am lucky enough to have all my content on disc (it took a little finagling, but I managed it.) I even have my store content burned to disc, in case the site ever closes down. Oh, and the update files. So I am pretty much insulated from whatever EA/Origin decides to do in the future.

What I am still dumbfounded by is that they are charging the original price for products that are buggy and have practically no phone support. If it weren't for the avid fans who created "mods" just to make certain store items work they would essentially be selling you the equivalent of a bike without a chain. I find this highly unethical. Which is why I generally keep my gaming purchases standalone, when possible, or on Steam.

Oh, and clearly they are selling, since they made the effort to issue a 64-bit version for Mac when they dropped all 32-bit support on their systems. By all reports, no such option is coming to Windows. It would be nice to have all the modern memory management of a 64-bit game. I believe it would make the game far more smooth and stable.

As for the manuals, that is the unfortunate direction followed by almost all software developers at this point. Which, given that so many only sell digital copies of their product, is a clear cost savings. Those little pamphlets would at least get you started on the new game play that came with each pack.

I was also a big fan of the extensive game guides published by Prima. My ex and I would always make the investment for each installment. Sidenote, I just noticed on Amazon that someone is asking over $900 US for the hardcover edition of the Sims 3 Collector's Edition. I think that got thrown in the recycling or donated to a thrift store! Don't I wish I had it now! (EDIT) I just noticed that the expensive copy is new old stock. Or, unopened with the original mousepad and unique pattern access. Although, I have no memory of what that pattern was. Used versions are considerably cheaper. Under $10 US.
    aka Jude

My Studio

edited March 2021
    Here's a question, is anyone actually running the 64-bit version on a Mac? Have you noticed any performance improvements?

@Me1620 Jodi, I seem to remember you were on a Mac at some point. Or at least had access to one.
    aka Jude

My Studio

• waterywatermelonwaterywatermelon Posts: 473 Member
    @Jude525 Your signature says that you own the store. Since you own all the items in the Store, how much $$$ did you spend altogether on Store items? Did you obtain any free bonus SimPoints, or were most of your SimPoints paid for with real cash? How much space do all the Store items take up on your hard drive? Your profile also shows that you own all the expansion packs, all the stuff packs, all the worlds and now you say you own the entire Store? OMG... you must be a real Sims 3 fanatic. Did you buy everything for the Sims 2 and Sims 1 and Sims 4 too?
  • Greylady624Greylady624 Posts: 1,225 Member
    ajaxpost wrote: »
    Thank you, thank you, thank you! Someone else who uses Fahrenheit!

OK, I know it's the measure used in the US but here in the UK I'm something of an outlier. 🙄
    Though, to be honest, I'd rather 70° or 75°, 85° is a touch too warm for me. 😎

lol! At some point in my life I realized that I needed to specify that I'm on Fahrenheit, though sometimes I forget. :smile:

I come from a family of polar bears. I inherited a rare family gene where anything under 75 is too cold for me and I need to bundle up. The first chance I got, I moved to a nice, warm climate. Summers are sometimes oppressive, but it's worth it to feel my hands.
    Me1620 wrote: »
    In Canada, we have been using the metric system since the 70s. However, I still think in both Farenheit and Celsuis. I still think in imperial measures over metric.

I wonder if the US will ever join the rest of the world and convert over to metric as well.

I have a sort of mental block when it comes to temperature - my brain refuses to convert between Celsius and Fahrenheit. Or think in Celsius. Thank goodness for apps and online converters. Weight, volume, distance? I eventually convert in my brain or can guess pretty well. Temperature? There's a better chance my "guess" will end up in Kelvins.
  • Lexers615Lexers615 Posts: 1,214 Member
    @Jude525 Your signature says that you own the store. Since you own all the items in the Store, how much $$$ did you spend altogether on Store items? Did you obtain any free bonus SimPoints, or were most of your SimPoints paid for with real cash? How much space do all the Store items take up on your hard drive? Your profile also shows that you own all the expansion packs, all the stuff packs, all the worlds and now you say you own the entire Store? OMG... you must be a real Sims 3 fanatic. Did you buy everything for the Sims 2 and Sims 1 and Sims 4 too?

I'd guess I spent between $250 and $300 in CAD, plus bonus points I received here and there plus some items which I bought as redeemable codes at Walmart's and on eBay.
    My Studio
    My Traits: Socially Awkward / Artistic / Family Oriented / Hopelessly Romantic / Absent Minded
    Academic Trait: Adventurous
    Social Group Trait (Should I ever become "Nerd" enough): Computer Whiz
    ______
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” Will Wright
    "Anything that can go wrong will go wrong." Cpt. Edward A. Murphy Jr, USAF
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
    Current Deal

971 ) Imperial Bedroom Zen / 292 / 545 / 46% / 2 hours
    Part of: November 2011 Compilation Set; World Inspiration Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 116, # 238)

Upcoming Deals

972 ) Sunlit Tides / 1127 / 2450 / 54% / 2 hours
    This is the standard version of the world. Serenity Retreat, which is the venue that comes with the gold version of the world, is available four times on the DD, with deal # 690 being the best price.

973 ) He's a Live Wire Radio / 27 / 150 / 82% / 2 hours
    Part of: Jazz Age Living Room; Jazz Age Living Room + Jazz Age Wear; February 2011 Compilation

974 ) Tight Tee / 44 / 75 / 41% / 2 hours
    Part of: Runway Riot
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 262)

975 ) Grim's Ghastly Manor / 912 / 1900 / 52% / 2 hours
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 13, # 322)

976 ) Retronator Stove / 32 / 70 / 54% / 2 hours
    Part of: Regal Living Kitchen Set; Full Regal Living Set

977 ) Steampunk Kitchen- Spring Locked In Lantern Terrarium / 11 / 25 / 56% / 2 hours
    Part of: Steampunk Kitchen; New Year, New Kitchen!; January 2012 Compilation

End of DD Rotation

Beginning of DD Rotation

1 ) Vineyard Villa Furnishings / 324 / 810 / 60% / 2 hours
    Part of: October 2011 Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 397, but less than # 353 & # 44)

2 ) Last Venue of Amore / 800 / 1900 / 58% / 2 hours

3 ) Adventurous Life! / 640 / 2000 / 68% / 2 hours
    Part of: World Inspiration Compilation
    Includes: Safari Living Set; Africa Inspiration Collection
    Safari Living Set and Adventurous Life! are not available for CYS discount BUT World Inspiration Compilation is.
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 585 but less than # 570 & # 132 )

4 ) The Insulator / 25 / 81 / 69% / 2 hours
    Part of: Ultra Lounge Outdoor Set; Full Ultra Lounge Set; Ultra Lounge 2010; Best of 2010 Collection

5 ) Fit for a Queen / 55 / 85 / 35% / 2 hours
    Part of: Tutor of Tudors; April 2013 Compilation

6 ) Getaway Lounge Chair / 57 / 81 / 30% / 2 hours
    Part of: Sun, Surf & Sand (Sleep); Sun, Surf & Sand (Swim + Sleep)

If you aren't already stalking the Daily Deals, you should be! Visit these threads to get Store items and Sets with the greatest possible discounts:
  • KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member
    rnramey wrote: »
    Current Deal

5 ) Fit for a Queen / 55 / 85 / 35% / 2 hours
    Part of: Tutor of Tudors; April 2013 Compilation

(Sets alarm for this one tomorrow). I don't have the Tutor of Tuders complete collection yet.
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
    @ajaxpost and @Lexers615 - Hi guys! Great to "see" you.

@KevinL5275 - I hope you don't sleep through your alarm. I do have the Tutor of Tudors set. One of the items on my Sims 3 bucket list is to create a castle and finally use items from the Complete Castle Kit and Tutor of Tudors. Maybe the Tudors could be visited by their French cousins so that I would use items from Palace of Versailles set.

@tallcoolone - Thanks for the link to another Old Mill lot. I am downloading now. I will be able to use this lot easily in other worlds since it was not made to fit on a specific lot.
    There's a better chance my "guess" will end up in Kelvins.

@Greylady624 - ^ This literally made me "laugh out loud".

@Jude525 - Sorry to hear you have broken your foot. However, I am happy that you have found a silver lining from your injury and you will be reinstalling your Sims 3 games.
    Here's a question, is anyone actually running the 64-bit version on a Mac? Have you noticed any performance improvements?

@Me1620 Jodi, I seem to remember you were on a Mac at some point. Or at least had access to one.

I have not run the 64-bit version. I used my daughter's Mac only for my Diesel installation issue. My daughter does not play Sims 3 on her Mac.
    ... I was also a big fan of the extensive game guides published by Prima. My ex and I would always make the investment for each installment. Sidenote, I just noticed on Amazon that someone is asking over $900 US for the hardcover edition of the Sims 3 Collector's Edition. I think that got thrown in the recycling or donated to a thrift store! Don't I wish I had it now! (EDIT) I just noticed that the expensive copy is new old stock. Or, unopened with the original mousepad and unique pattern access. Although, I have no memory of what that pattern was. Used versions are considerably cheaper. Under $10 US.

I still have my Sims 2 Prima Guide. I was very excited to think I could get $900 USD for my copy until I read to the end of your post. :(:D

Hey DD stalkers!! The current rotation will be ending in a few hours.

Current Deal

6 ) Getaway Lounge Chair / 57 / 81 / 30% / 2 hours
    Part of: Sun, Surf & Sand (Sleep); Sun, Surf & Sand (Swim + Sleep)

Upcoming Deals

7 ) Zippy sweater / 22 / 75 / 71% / 2 hours
    Part of: Runway Riot

8 ) Glitter and Glam + Diva and Divo / 516 / 798 / 35% / 2 hours
    Includes: Glitter and Glam Bedroom; Diva and Divo
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 72 less than # 647)

9 ) Edwardian Expression Kitchen- Classy Clean Dishwasher / 39 / 81 / 52% / 2 hours
    Part of: Edwardian Expression Kitchen Set; New Year, New Kitchen!; January 2012 Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 787)

10 ) Viva Las Vegas Living/ / 493 / 1175 / 58% / 2 hours
    Part of: September 2011 Compilation; Go All In Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is the least expensive price for this item (Less than # 297)

11 ) Homecoming / 779 / 1900 / 59% / 2 hours
    Repeat Deal: This is the least expensive price for this item (Less than # 32 & # 502)

12 ) Vest, Shirt & Tie / 34/ 75 / 55% / 2 hours
    Individual item; not part of any set

13 ) Grim's Ghastly Manor / 494 / 1900 / 74% / 2 hours
    Repeat Deal: This is the least expensive price for this item (Less than # 322 & # 975)

14 ) Once Upon A Time Cottage- Porridge Prep Wall Shelf / 14 / 31 / 55% / 2 hours
    Part of: Once Upon A Time Cottage; Happily Ever After; Make A Wish Compilation; Charmingly Simple Kitchen Collection; Villa Paraíso

15 ) Edwardian Expression Kitchen- Bonhomie Barstool / 41 / 68 / 40% / 2 hours
    Part of: Edwardian Expression Kitchen Set; New Year, New Kitchen!; January 2012 Compilation

16 ) Le Cirque Nouveau- The Acrobat / 13 / 39 / 67% / 2 hours
    Part of: Le Cirque Nouveau; Le Cirque Celebration!

17 ) Zen Garden Lamp / 12 / 31 / 61% / 2 hours
    Part of: Itadakimasu! Japanese Inspired Dining; Best of 2012 Compilation; Eloquently Eclectic Collection
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 433, by 5 sp)

18 ) Cupid's Locket / 41 / 75 / 45% / 2 hours
    Part of: Victorian Fashions

I got a LOT of my content free. Besides the ads on the store site, I also had access to a huge Microsoft giveaway where I had gotten a free XBox with a bunch of extras including games, a driving controller, Kinect system, a second controller and a Zune! Do a google search for that one. It was supposed to be MS's answer to the iPod. It is redundant with my phone, but I still have it and it still works. Once I had every MS product that I wanted, I started using my points for Amazon cards, which I used to buy Sims stuff.

While I was acquiring the store I received a lot of items as gifts through various channels here on the forums. Back when we could get points, gifting was a common thing. Once I'd obtained the store, I kept watching ads and used the points to sponsor contests and gift others on this thread to pay it forward.

All that being said, I have no idea how much I've actually paid out of pocket over the years. But I can comfortably say at least half my content was free.

Also, I bought a lot of the packs when stores started dumping their disc inventory. AND there were some questionable sources on eBay for a while. Either I got legitimate licenses, or I got away with using them. I work from a full disc installation, independent of the Origin client. So I don't know if at some point someone will flag my account for bogus codes. But I've been sharing my account with two great nieces, and neither have had any problem loaded the content from Origin.

As for the storage, I can't currently say. I have a new system and have yet to install TS3 because I'd left it in Rhode Island when I moved to Florida last month. Allegedly my sister will be bringing it this week when she and my dad come to stay for Easter.

I will say that I install everything, and generally play with everything loaded. I love to build and don't like when I'm building something to not have an item available that I own. Which is, of course, everything.

There is a standalone program available where you can switch content on and off to change game play or to limit the load on your system. I don't recall the name, but if you are interested I'll find it for you. Perhaps someone else here has the answer handy.

My new system has a 1TB SSD, so there is plenty of room for the new install. And I'm looking forward to seeing if there is a performance boost with the SSD vs my old hard drive system. I know I see it with most things that I am using. My boot time into Windows is generally 30 seconds. That is from being off, not sleeping!

Oh, about other versions of the game, I have been playing Sims since the day it was released on February 4, 2000. And, over the years, my then husband and I bought every pack. Usually the day it was released. We also had all the Prima Game Guides. Going from the original, to 2, then 3. We divorced in the middle of the TS3 years, so I acquired most of that myself. But, oh, back in the day of TS2; the custom content available on the web was astounding. EA had intentionally made the code available to modders and encouraged them to run wild. It was kinda like the TS3 store, only most of it was free. Not that there wasn't content that was worth money. And I paid for a fair amount of CC. But, once EA saw that others were making money with these online storefronts, they pretty much locked down TS3 when it was released and they opened the store.

There is still plenty of CC out there for TS3 and TS4, but mostly it consists of clothing and decorative items. Very little adds game play. Except for those wonderful angels who patched the broken store content after EA gave up caring.

I own, but rarely play, TS4. I've never adjusted to the building tools, even though I can clearly see how much easier they are than TS3. But I've been building for TS3 for so many years that I can generally get around a lot of the obstacles. I also prefer the game play style in TS3. I don't like the changes to the needs bar and how you progress at your job. Although, again, I can see why others prefer it.

Phew, you got quite a history lesson there from this old timer! I hope it isn't too much and you enjoy the read. Also, there is a link in my signature to my builds page. Take a look sometime. If there is something you like, but has content you don't own, let me kon. Once I get the game up and running again I can adjust the build for the content you do have. There are already a couple builds that were stripped down to base game while keeping the general feel.
    aka Jude

My Studio

@Me1620, as you can see in my last post, I still have not acquired the skill to be brief when I post!

Oh, and it turns out the foot isn't broken, just a really bad sprain or bone bruising. It is finally getting better. Which is good because I had completely flaked out and didn't realize that my father and sister would be visiting for Easter! Had to push today to make the house more presentable. Gosh, I just moved in last week and now I'm hosting a holiday! I was looking forward to entertaining, but this.....
    aka Jude

My Studio

• Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    I'm a bit confused...is there a spreadsheet that is updated with the next DD's?
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

The spreadsheet is in Me1620's signature and is located here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1NIeS9yIMAw-fA7VhseLilqCOV5XfKoSJXwbyyKQLJP4/edit#gid=882235701
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    KevinL5275 wrote: »
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

The spreadsheet is in Me1620's signature and is located here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1NIeS9yIMAw-fA7VhseLilqCOV5XfKoSJXwbyyKQLJP4/edit#gid=882235701

Thanks!
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
    Current Deal

18 ) Cupid's Locket / 41 / 75 / 45% / 2 hours
    Part of: Victorian Fashions

Upcoming Deals

19 ) Enchanted Bundle of Dark Dealings / 750 / 1823 / 59% / 2 hours
    Not part of any other set or compilation, but shares many items with More Magic!, January 2012 Compilation, Best of 2012 Compilation
    Includes: The Soothsayer's Crystal Ball Set
    Repeat Deal: This is the least expensive price for this item (Less than # 112)

20 ) March 2011 Compilation / 1200 / 2862 / 58% / 2 hours
    Not part of any set or compilation
    Includes: Street Couture; Through the Spy Glass Bathroom; Futureshock Living

21 ) Leather luxury chair / 40 / 102 / 61 % / 2 hours
    Part of: The Coffee Bean Hipster Loft

22 ) Bountiful Bows Dress / 43 / 51 / 16% / 2 hours
    Part of: Street Couture; March 2011 Compilation

23 ) Neapolitan Underclothes / 32 / 68 / 53% / 2 hours
    Part of: Luxe Loungewear; Indulgent Living + Luxe Loungewear

24 ) Grand Estate Gate / 11 / 17 / 35% / 2 hours
    Part of: Full Regal Living Set

25 ) Steampunk Kitchen- Teaquinology Enjoyulator / 14 / 25 / 44% / 2 hours

26 ) Porcelain Tub / 30 / 54 / 44% / 2 hours
    Part of: Storybook Bathroom Set; Full Storybook Set; Make a Wish Compilation

27 ) Mid-Century Fantasy / 672 / 1296 / 48% / 2 hours
    Part of: Blast From the Past Compilation; May 2011 Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (Less than # 37 & # 723 but more than # 169)

28 ) Mother Russia / 665 / 1900 / 65% / 2 hours
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (Less than # 798 but more than # 449)
    Note: You can download the Mother Russia buildings seen in the set's photo from SimGuruCopeland's Studio

29 ) Steampunk Kitchen- Professor Langston's Macro and Micro Waves Cooker / 36 / 68 / 47% / 2 hours

30 ) Stylin' Saggy / 32 / 75 / 57% / 2 hours
    Part of: Wretched Threads; Front Row Center Bedroom + Wretched Threads

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top