Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Daily Deal (DD) 2018 Rotation List and Sales Help

Comments

• ajaxpostajaxpost Posts: 4,200 Member
    Mornin' all! :smile:

I've had a quick wander around some of the conversations and noticed there has been some confusion over gifting ... does it still work?

The Gifting threads appear to be alive and well so I guess it's still possible and I have a pile of Simpoints that I really ought to do something with... :blush:
  • seabenseaben Posts: 631 Member
    @ajaxpost store gifting is glitchy at times but you can usually get it to go through if you see it spinning for a really long time that means it didnt go through but usually if you try it the next day to works
    my sims 3 shell challenges https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/974534/the-sims-3-shell-challenge-corner-challenge-4-due-july-31th/p1 or check out my sims blog https://seabensims.wordpress.com/ my Wishlist is seaben06 on the sims 3 store and my oid is also seaben06
  • SimLibbySimLibby Posts: 668 Member
    @ajaxpost, in addition to what seaben already wrote:

Sometimes it does goes through after lots of spinning. With me the spinning often results in an error page (I'm in Google Chrome). But most times when that happens the SP are deducted from my account, the object is not listed on the wishlist of the person I was gifting anymore and in my purchase history I can see the gift I just sent.

Sometimes the gift doesn't go through after the spinning. Most times I try again immediately (after checking the gift indeed didn't go through) and most times it works when I do that. There are exceptions where it takes 5 tries, with some players even more. If you leave a note with the gift, best is to copy it so you don't have to type it up a lot of times. ;)

Another useful tip I read somewhere in this thread: make a screen before you gift of he amount of SimPoints you have and a screen of the gifting itself. I probably would combine that screen with the date show on your computer in the lower right. Because it does happen that people are charged for gifts that aren't sent. So it helps that you can prove your case should you decide to contact EA about it.

One more suggestion: try a different browser (Like Mozilla Firefox) if you can't edit your wishlist or can't see names with the gifts in your purchase history. Maybe another browser also helps with gifting but since I haven't tried that myself, I don't know if that makes a different.
    one more thing if you cant edit your wishlist i use google chrome and i cant edit my wishlist but i can edit my wishlist in microsoft edge so try that as well
    my sims 3 shell challenges https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/974534/the-sims-3-shell-challenge-corner-challenge-4-due-july-31th/p1 or check out my sims blog https://seabensims.wordpress.com/ my Wishlist is seaben06 on the sims 3 store and my oid is also seaben06
    Thank you @seaben and @SimLibby for clarifying the situation and the useful advice. :+1:

Firefox is my browser of choice though I do use Chrome for my YouTube 'socials'. As a member of the Own The Store club I don't have a wishlist so can't test editing that but now I know what to look out for I should be OK. :smile:

Thanks again.
    Your welcome @ajaxpost that's what what the forums are for.
  • rnrameyrnramey Posts: 3,062 Member
    Current Deal

799 ) The Castle Cook / 42 / 68 / 38% / 2 hours
    Part of: Tutor of Tudors; April 2013 Compilation
    This is the only time the item is offered on the DD

Upcoming Deals

NOTE: Set is on stuck "Sales" page for 702 sp. Sales price may override DD price. The value of CYS for this deal to be free may not be as shown in the DD spreadsheets.
    800 ) Nautical Living / 319 / 990 / 68% / 2 hours
    Not part of any other set or compilation but some pieces part of Quaint Cottage Collection, a table part of Eloquently Eclectic Collection and 7 pieces included in Sandy Shoals Sea Shanty
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 35, but less than # 42, # 235)

801 ) Steampunk Kitchen- Grease Gear Cleansing Dishwasher / 36 / 85 / 58% / 2 hours
    Part of: Steampunk Kitchen; New Year, New Kitchen!; January 2012 Compilation

802 ) Edwardian Expression Kitchen- Ornate Over Oven Fume / 14 / 25 / 44% / 2 hours
    Part of: Edwardian Expression Kitchen Set; New Year, New Kitchen!; January 2012 Compilation

803 ) When Worlds Collide Collection / 893 / 2181 / 59% / 2 hours
    Includes: Mid-Century Modern Bedroom Collection; Mid-Century Modern Bed and Bath Set; Mid-Century Modern Bathroom Collection; A Mid-Century Modern Trailblazer Set; The Final Frontier Set

804 ) Business on the Top / 34 / 75 / 55% / 2 hours
    Part of: Jet Set

805 ) Lord Vladimir’s Magic Cauldron / 162 / 461 / 65% / 2 hours
    Part of: More Magic!; Enchanted Bundle of Dark Dealings; January 2012 Compilation; Best of 2012 Compilation

806 ) Suspending Suspenders / 23 / 75 / 69% / 2 hours
    Part of: Individual item; not part of any set

807 ) Hit the Bookshelf / 31 / 75 / 59% / 2 hours
    Part of: Front Row Center Bedroom; Front Row Center Bedroom + Wretched Threads

808 ) Full Regal Living Set / 528 / 1376 / 62% / 2 hours
    Not part of any other set or compilation; 1 item included in Sandy Shoals Sea Shanty
    Includes: Regal Living Bathroom Set; Regal Living Living Room Set; Regal Living Bedroom Set; Regal Living Dining Room Set; Regal Living Kitchen Set. The Full set includes a fence and two gates that are not available in any of the subsets.
    Repeat Deal: This is the least expensive price for this item (Less than # 511, # 266)

NOTE: Set is on stuck "Sales" page for 488 sp. Sales price may override DD price. The value of CYS for this deal to be free may not be as shown in the DD spreadsheets.
    809 ) Futureshock Bedroom / 290 / 752 / 61% / 2 hours
    Not part of any other set or compilation
    Repeat Deal: This one of two deals with the least expensive price for this item (Same as # 839 but less than # 63, # 920, # 962)

810 ) Lovely Geisha Table Sculpture / 7 / 28 / 75% / 2 hours
    Part of: Japanese Inspired Living Compilation; Finest Living, Finest Cooking; December 2011 Compilation Set; The Monarch Suite

811 ) Zen Again / 332 / 842 / 61% / 2 hours
    Part of: World Inspiration Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 52, # 928, but less than # 868, # 541)

Call me Regina. My Page Proud member of the "Own the store" club! :D

If you aren't already stalking the Daily Deals, you should be! Visit these threads to get Store items and Sets with the greatest possible discounts:
    DAILY DEAL (DD) ROTATION AND SALES HELP
    CASCADES & DAILY DEALS- GETTING THE BEST BANG FOR YOUR SP
    FREE ITEMS FROM "THE SIMS 3 STORE"
  • Me1620Me1620 Posts: 4,983 Member
    ajaxpost wrote: »
    Mornin' all! :smile:

I've had a quick wander around some of the conversations and noticed there has been some confusion over gifting ... does it still work?

The Gifting threads appear to be alive and well so I guess it's still possible and I have a pile of Simpoints that I really ought to do something with... :blush:

@ajaxpost - Back in January, I was having a lot of difficulty gifting. Even though few people likely use Internet Explorer anymore, apparently the sims 3 store still works through that browser. Here is my post
    Me1620 wrote: »
    @Taw3001 - I was just able to gift, with difficulty, using Internet Explorer. I deleted my internet history. I made sure I unchecked the box to preserve the history of favorites.
    a.k.a. - Jodi and a link to My Page on the Sims 3 website

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
    @Me1620: Thanks Jodi, I haven't used IE for years but it seems to still be lurking on my PC, though now in the guise of some sort of ad platform! :disappointed:

I will let y'all know if I have any problems and need more help. :blush:
    edited July 2020
    Current Deal

811 ) Zen Again / 332 / 842 / 61% / 2 hours
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 52, # 928, but less than # 868, # 541)

Upcoming Deals

812 ) Edwardian Expression Kitchen- Noble Nuker Microwave / 23 / 68 / 66% / 2 hours
    Part of: Edwardian Expression Kitchen Set; New Year, New Kitchen!; January 2012 Compilation

813 ) Carry a Torch for Me Mirror / 38 / 54 / 30% / 2 hours
    Part of: Jazz Age Living Room; Jazz Age Living Room + Jazz Age Wear; February 2011 Compilation

814 ) Wilderness Dreaming / 204 / 360 / 43% / 2 hours
    Part of: Animals Abound; Tip Top Toddler Collection; Best of 2010 Collection; Kids! 2010; 1 item included in Sandy Shoals Sea Shanty
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 524, # 829)

NOTE: Set is on stuck "Sales" page for 792 sp. Sales price may override DD price. The value of CYS for this deal to be free may not be as shown in the DD spreadsheets.
    815 ) Boho Vintage Men's Collection / 517 / 990 / 48% / 2 hours
    Part of: October 2011 Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 951)

816 ) Atomic Age Living and Dining / 782 / 1377 / 43% / 2 hours
    Part of: November 2011 Compilation Set; One item included in The Gentlemen's Lounge Collection
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 248, but less than # 277 )

817 ) Little Princess Girl's Toy Box / 60 / 81 / 26% / 2 hours
    Part of: Critter Comforts; Critter Comforts & Forest Bedrooms; Kids! 2010

818 ) Faire Table Lamp / 14 / 25 / 44% / 2 hours
    Part of: Faire Folk Den; Faire Folk Furnishings (Slumber + Den); Faire Folk Furnishings + Attire; Make a Wish Compilation

Note: Before you purchase deal 819, you may wish to activate the Animal Abounds Cascade instead. Top o' the Tots Hairstyles and Headwear is part of Tip Top Toddler Collection which you can get free through the Animal Abounds Cascade. As posted by LadybugLeslie in her Cascade thread, buy one single item worth about 25 sp to initiate the CYS discount. She bought the Fuzzy Friend's Lamp Post (dd#293 for 7sp), then buy the Animals Abound Playground set for roughly 375 sp. Now go download the Tip Top Toddler Set (reg price 2,795 SimPoints) and Kids 2010 (reg price 4,950 SimPoints) sets for free.

819 ) Top o' the Tots Hairstyles and Headwear / 310 / 628 / 51% / 2 hours
    Part of: Fun for Kids of All Ages Compilation; Tip Top Toddler Collection
    Repeat Deal: This is the least expensive price for this item (Less than # 119)

820 ) Gothic Glamour Living Room- Panophobia Panic End Table / 22 / 41 / 46% / 2 hours
    Part of: Gothic Glamour- Living Room Set; Gothic Glamour- Living Room and Home Office Collection; Oh My Goth! Compilation; May 2012 Compilation Set; Technophobe No More

This is a one-hour deal
    821 ) Steampunk Kitchen- Caliper Flame Control Cinerator Stove / 43 / 81 / 47% / 1 hour

822 ) Steampunk Kitchen- Burnished Bright Bulb Floor Lamp / 14 / 25 / 44% / 2 hours

823 ) Waning Moon / 926 / 1780 / 48% / 2 hours
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 236)

824 ) Front Row Center Bedroom + Wretched Threads / 800 / 1600 / 50% / 2 hours
    Includes: Front Row Center Bedroom; Wretched Threads
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 375, # 861)

If you aren't already stalking the Daily Deals, you should be! Visit these threads to get Store items and Sets with the greatest possible discounts:
    Current Deal

824 ) Front Row Center Bedroom + Wretched Threads / 800 / 1600 / 50% / 2 hours
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 375, # 861)

Upcoming Deals

825 ) Safari Living Set / 371 / 548 / 32% / 2 hours
    Part of: Adventurous Life!; World Inspiration Compilation
    Safari Living Set and Adventurous Life! are not available for CYS discount BUT World
    Inspiration Compilation
    is.
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 313, # 128)

826 ) Full Hewnsman Set / 1000 / 1980 / 49% / 2 hours
    Includes: Hewnsman Outdoor Set; Hewnsman Living Room Set; Hewnsman Bedroom Set; Hewnsman Dining Room Set
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 903, but less than # 327, # 891)

827 ) Luxe Kidswears / 590 / 1000 / 41% / 2 hours
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 746, # 589)

828 ) Island Escape Compilation / 1416 / 2400 / 41% / 2 hours
    Not part of any other set or compilation; some items included in Sandy Shoals Sea Shanty
    Includes: Island Villa; Tiki Outdoor Party; Tiki Living Room Set; Full Tiki Set; Tiki Dining Room Set
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 833, # 582, # 233)

Before purchasing this deal, you may want to check out the Animals Abound Playground - Outdoor Fun Cascade.
    829 ) Wilderness Dreaming / 192 / 360 / 47% / 2 hours
    Part of: Animals Abound; Tip Top Toddler Collection; Best of 2010 Collection; Kids! 2010; 1 item included in Sandy Shoals Sea Shanty
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 524, but less than # 814)

830 ) Haute Hacienda Kitchen- Hot Haute Hot Spice Rack / 13 / 25 / 48% / 2 hours
    Part of: Haute Hacienda Kitchen Set; Haute Hacienda Kitchen and Dining Room Compilation; Fabulous Fiesta!; April 2012 Compilation Set

831 ) Bohemian Garden / 901 / 1700 / 47% / 2 hours
    Not part of any set or compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 78, but less than # 177)

832 ) Grapes of Nectary Stove Hood / 21 / 45 / 53% / 2 hours
    Part of: Mediterranean Villa Kitchen/Dining; July 2011 Compilation Set; Charmingly Simple Kitchen Collection

This is a 3-hour deal
    833 ) Island Escape Compilation / 696 / 2400 / 71% / 3 hours
    Not part of any other set or compilation; some items included in Sandy Shoals Sea Shanty
    Includes: Island Villa; Tiki Outdoor Party; Tiki Living Room Set; Full Tiki Set; Tiki Dining Room Set
    Repeat Deal: This is the least expensive price for this item (Less than # 582, # 233, # 828)

834 ) Loads of Laundry / 504 / 1080 / 53% / 2 hours
    Includes: Ultra Lounge Laundry; I Heart the 50’s Laundry; Bayside Laundry
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 447, # 399, but less than # 744, # 688)

835 ) Club Vaindenburger Relaxation (Den + Study) / 486 / 891 / 45% / 2 hours
    Includes: Club Vaindenburger Den; Club Vaindenburger Study
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 790, # 471)

836 ) Rocket Johnny's Retro Ride / 80 / 198 / 60% / 2 hours
    Part of: Mid-Century Fantasy; Blast From the Past Compilation; May 2011 Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This deal is offered twice at the same sale price (Same as # 39)

Happy Birthday @Trithone - hope you have a wonderful one! :cookie: 🎂

Current Deal

835 ) Club Vaindenburger Relaxation (Den + Study) / 486 / 891 / 45% / 2 hours
    Includes: Club Vaindenburger Den; Club Vaindenburger Study
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 790, # 471)

Upcoming Deals

836 ) Rocket Johnny's Retro Ride / 80 / 198 / 60% / 2 hours
    Part of: Mid-Century Fantasy; Blast From the Past Compilation; May 2011 Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This deal is offered twice at the same sale price (Same as # 39)

837 ) Floral Fruits / 10 / 19 / 47% / 2 hours
    Part of: Romanza Ceremony + Reception; Romanza Ceremony, Reception + Attire

838 ) Feathered Table Sculpture / 7 / 28 / 75% / 2 hours
    Part of: Indulgent Living; Indulgent Living + Luxe Loungewear; The Monarch Suite

NOTE: Set is on stuck "Sales" page for 488 sp. Sales price may override DD price. The value of CYS for this deal to be free may not be as shown in the DD spreadsheets.
    839 ) Futureshock Bedroom / 290 / 752 / 61% / 2 hours
    Repeat Deal: This one of two deals with the least expensive price for this item (Same as # 809 but less than # 63, # 920, # 962)

840 ) Dimensional Dress / 38 / 75 / 49% / 2 hours

841 ) Once Upon a Time Cottage- Quaint Kitchen Island Counter / 28 / 39 / 28% / 2 hours
    Part of: Once Upon A Time Cottage; Happily Ever After; Make A Wish Compilation

842 ) Gothic Glamour Living Room- Aichmophobia Despair Loveseat / 53 / 81 / 35% / 2 hours
    Part of: Gothic Glamour- Living Room Set; Gothic Glamour- Living Room and Home Office Collection; Oh My Goth! Compilation; May 2012 Compilation Set; Technophobe No More

843 ) Through the Spy Glass / 306 / 601 / 49% / 2 hours
    Part of: Fortune's Folly Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 425, but less than # 875, # 211)

844 ) Demeter's End Table / 23 / 41 / 44% / 2 hours
    Part of: Muse Luxury
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 356, # 396, # 231)

845 ) Haute Hacienda Kitchen Set / 188 / 608 / 69% / 2 hours
    Part of: Haute Hacienda Kitchen and Dining Room Compilation; Fabulous Fiesta!; April 2012 Compilation Set

846 ) Cushy Cushion Sofa / 51 / 81 / 37% / 2 hours
    Part of: Ultra Lounge Living Set; Full Ultra Lounge Set; Ultra Lounge 2010; Best of 2010 Collection

847 ) Everyday - Cool Summer Nights / 714 / 1386 / 48% / 2 hours
    Part of: July 2011 Compilation Set
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 778 but same as # 76)

edited July 2020
    Hi @Me1620
    Reinstalling store content following Ciane's method is worth it. Once you get started, you will likely get into a rhythm and the process will move faster. I followed her method but I did not follow what sets she installed. (i.e. - I followed the order of categories to install and the limit of file size.) One of Ciane's goals was to reduce the number of installations. She would install compilations so she did not need to install the sets that were included in the compilation. I installed the individual sets and not the compilations. When I play, I like to use the feature that shows store collections in the in-game catalogue. I prefer to see each set individually as opposed to be grouped in the compilations.

I'm going to do the same because I have the same preference (I find it more easy to find and place stuff that way). With the help of Ciane's thread, I'm downloading store material to different folders. At the moment I focus on compilations and the sets and premium content in it. So I'm organizing those store downloads in three folders: Compilations, Sets and Premium Content. And putting it in a table for easy reference so I can see quickly which sets belong to which compilations.

I wonder what you did when encountering a set that exist of other sets.
    Did you download the main set or the sets in that main set?

For example: Full Storybook Set *
    Did you download the set 'Full Storybook Set' or did you download the sets in that set, in this example:
    • Storybook Bedroom Set
    • Storybook Bathroom Set
    • Storybook Dining Room Set
    • Storybook Living Room Set

EDIT: I think I have figured it out. I just noticed there can also be doubles within one set or compilation. The 'Make a wish Compilation' for example has the sets 'Happily Ever After Clothing and Hairstyles' and 'Happily Ever After' but also 'Once Upon a Time Cottage' which exist of 'Happily Ever After Clothing and Hairstyles' and 'Happily Ever After'. So when downloading the separate sets of course I don't download 'Once Upon a Time Cottage' but I download the sets within that set (especially if I want those sets to show separately in the in-game catalog).

EDIT II: In some cases it's more handy to download the bigger set instead of the smaller sets within that set. I mean above example: it's logic to download them separately because one set is about CAS items and the other is about furnishing. But the set 'Faire Folk Furnishings (Slumber + Den)' is all furniture so I can better download that set instead of the smaller sets ('Faire Folk Den' and 'Faire Folk Slumber') within that set. Also, it prevents clutter in the in-game catalog not to download all the smaller sets that have just a few items in them.

EDIT III: I decided it's more practical to download the full storybook set. * He, chips ... (picture another word). It can't be done. The full set exist of 45 items while the sets inside the full storybook set have 52 items. => Some objects are in more than one set.

Hope what I write makes sense to somebody. I'm just brainstorming and figuring things out, out load. :smiley:
    Post edited by SimLibby on
    @SimLibby - You definitely have the same thoughts as I had while installing.

I usually did not install a compilation where the sets included did not share the same theme. Those sets were paired into a compilation usually because they were released in the same month. Otherwise, they were not related. For example, I did not install May 2012 Compilation Set. This compilation includes Goth sets and African themed sets. I prefer to see the sets split so the Goth items are shown separate from African themed items. But I would install the largest set in a theme. This follows your thoughts about installing Faire Folk Furnishings (Slumber + Den) because it is all furniture rather than the smaller sets ('Faire Folk Den' and 'Faire Folk Slumber') within that set. I installed Gothic Glamour- Living Room and Home Office Collection rather than Gothic Glamour- Home Office Set and the Gothic Glamour- Living Room Set. I also installed Kingdom of Cambodia Bedroom and Bathroom Collection rather than the bedroom and bathroom sets separately.

However, I did install Kids! 2010 compilation. While the compilation contains sets from different set groups such as Animal Abounds collection and the Ultra Lounge Youth collections, all the sets were related to kids. I didn't need a collection in the in-game catalogue. Kids items are easily found in buy mode since children is one of the sections. So, I chose to install this compilation.

There are examples of main sets that you would want to install rather than the smaller sets for two reasons. (You mentioned the Full Storybook Set which is a perfect example.)
    1. Some of the sets share the same items so to avoid duplication and save time, I did install the "full" set.
    2. Some items were only available in the main set and not in any of the smaller sets. Full Regal Living Set includes a fence and two gates not available in any of the smaller sets

Note: I did download and save all the sets and compilations files even if I did not install them. I also have saved them in different folders for backup.

I created a spreadsheet for my installation. I began with Ciane's spreadsheet and added sheets of my own. One sheet I added was a listing of all items I wanted to install or not. I have uploaded that list in a spreadsheet should you wish to see what I installed. This sheet includes columns with the name of the set/compilation, whether to install it, the EDC file I included it in, the set or compilation the item may be included in, and the sets that are contained in the item. This list may help you decided what to install.

In summary:
    • I did not usually install a compilation if the sets it contained did not share a theme
    • I did install a compilation if the sets included in it shared a theme
    • I usually did install a main set rather than the sets contained in the main set

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
    Thank you @Me1620 for your helpful response. I was working on my own tables and such but your spreadsheet and Ciane's threads/documents work as an excellent guide to make my own tables/spreadsheet. I've studied your spreadsheet a bit and am confused about Sandy Shoals Sea Shanty so I got a couple of questions if you don't mind. :smiley:

1. You did NOT install the wallpapers from Sandy Shoals separately? The column 'install status' is empty. (line 48)
    2. Since you did install the lot, you got the wallpapers that way?
    3. Why are the featured lots NOT part of an .ebc file? (line 46 and 47) Same goes for the festival lots? All are installed through the Launcher so what am I missing here?
    4. What about the comment 'Move into library'? After installing the .Sims3Pack through the Launcher lots are part of the Library (and have an .package file) so I assume you also backup the library (I always do). Is that what you mean? And why do the festival lots don't have the same comment? They also end up in the library.
    4. What do you mean lot only? When you download those lots, everything in it (like furnishing objects) come with it, right? Or do you mean something else? I thought maybe you have downloaded something from the Exchange (like Old Mill, for example, has two lots on the Exchange) but when I search for Sandy Shoals I get +2800 hits, I got +70000 hits when searching for Sandy Shoals Sea Shanty. So it's easier to ask.
  • ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,355 Member
    @SimLibby If you are following Ciane's method, all of the items that come with Sandy Shoals will be installed already. I install the wallpapers with the patterns she recommends when I install that very first EBC file. What Ciane recommends is to start a new fresh folder, install the Sea Shanty lot, then take the library file from that folder and put it in your other folder. You can then just delete the folder you used to install it. Otherwise you would be installing a lot of the items that come with Sea Shanty twice. Hope that helps.
    Current Deal

847 ) Everyday - Cool Summer Nights / 714 / 1386 / 48% / 2 hours
    Part of: July 2011 Compilation Set
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 778 but same as # 76)

Upcoming Deals

848 ) Haute Hip / 466 / 859 / 46% / 2 hours
    Not part of any other set or compilation; 1 item included in Sandy Shoals Sea Shanty
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 747)

849 ) Sizzle Baby Pro Deep Fryer / 140 / 542 / 74% / 2 hours
    Part of: Fabulous Fiesta!; April 2012 Compilation Set
    Repeat Deal: This is the least expensive price for this item (Less than # 795, # 376, # 529)

850 ) Africa Inspiration Collection / 518 / 1309 / 60% / 2 hours
    Part of: Adventurous Life!; World Inspiration Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 873, but less than # 310, # 369)

851 ) Uber Sani-Sim Toilet / 216 / 467 / 54% / 2 hours
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 476, # 644, # 921, # 923)

852 ) Luxe Lounge Spa / 231 / 473 / 51% / 2 hours
    Part of: August 2011 Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 166, # 423, but less than # 609, # 590, # 61)

853 ) Make a Wish Compilation / 2622 / 4077 / 36% / 2 hours
    Not part of any set or compilation
    Includes: Once Upon a Time Cottage; Happily Ever After Clothing and Hairstyles; Happily Ever After; Faire Folk Furnishings + Attire; Full Storybook Set

854 ) Fifi Youth / 40 / 75 / 47% / 2 hours
    Part of: Rebel Just Because; I Heart The 50's

855 ) Mid-Century Modern Bathroom- Sinkomatic / 20 / 72 / 72% / 2 hours
    Part of: Mid-Century Modern Bathroom Collection; When Worlds Collide Collection; Mid-Century Modern Bed and Bath Set; Blast From the Past Compilation; A Mid-Century Modern Trailblazer Set

856 ) Happily Ever After- Inside, A Princess Dress / 38 / 39 / 3% / 2 hours
    Part of: Happily Ever After Clothing and Hairstyles; Once Upon a Time Cottage; Make a Wish Compilation

857 ) Faire Folk Attire / 370 / 669 / 45% / 2 hours
    Part of: Faire Folk Furnishings + Attire; Make a Wish Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 93)

858 ) Haute Hacienda Kitchen- Talavera Tile Counter / 21 / 50 / 58% / 2 hours
    Part of: Haute Hacienda Kitchen Set; Haute Hacienda Kitchen and Dining Room Compilation; Fabulous Fiesta!; April 2012 Compilation Set
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 351)

859 ) F.L. Dining Table / 29 / 48 / 40% / 2 hours
    Part of: Regal Living Dining Room Set; Full Regal Living Set

Thank you @ZeeGee.
    SimLibby wrote: »
    Does anyone know how much % you need to have in order to have the set for free? Nothing of this set is part of DD. I'm sure the answer is on the first page somewhere, I just can't find it.
    If a set is not on the sale page and will never be on the DD page, then the only way to get a green download on the set is to pick up items from the set that equal the price of the set.
    Edit to add: In my experience, the CYS was not always predictable and could offer the green download button before the expected value calculated by the formula. My advice is to check the product page after each item you purchase to see if the green download button is activated.

In case anyone is interested, an update about my experience. It's about Collectionne Stäncké (priced at 1.573 SP). No CYS applies and no DD's.

At one point I got the price down to 125 SP. So I got Roman Numeral and Mirror Study #4 with a value of 130 SP thinking that would be enough to get the green download button. Unfortunately it wasn't, the price went down to 15 SP. Getting another item (Hands > Sands worth 31 SP) did the trick: the set became free. There had to be 1.524 SP spent (83% I think it was) in order to get the set for free. This differs just 49 SP with the original price. However, I did get some items for free: the Forte Lounger (110 SP), A-Simetry Portal (81 SP), Modern Door Arch (83 SP), Study in Fragments (28 SP) and Taza Table (61 SP). But even if you would buy the complete set for it's original price, you would get some items for free since the actual value of all the items in the set is 1.936 SP.

With many thanks to ErnesaT, I used my winnings in her content to get some items, and other generous Simmers that gifted me <3.

Enough math for today. ;) I'm off making lunch: Greek cheese (feta) in flaky/puff pastry in the oven. It's delicious. Bon appétit to me (of course to all who's about to eat) or as the Greek would say: Kali orexi. :smiley:
  • ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,355 Member
    @SimLibby I don’t remember the math but I do remember Collectionne Stanke being difficult to get the green button. It was one of my favorite sets. Enjoy your lunch! Sounds very nice.
    Current Deal

859 ) F.L. Dining Table / 29 / 48 / 40% / 2 hours
    Part of: Regal Living Dining Room Set; Full Regal Living Set

Upcoming Deals

860 ) Scene in Four Parts / 37 / 99 / 63% / 2 hours
    Part of: Contemporary Comfort Bedroom; June 2011 Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 453, but less than # 911, # 912)

861 ) Front Row Center Bedroom + Wretched Threads / 656 / 1600 / 59% / 2 hours
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 375, but less than # 824)

862 ) Edwardian Expression Kitchen- Haute High Hanging Wall Shelf / 6 / 25 / 76% / 2 hours

863 ) Cloche and Curl / 43 / 87 / 51% / 2 hours
    Part of: The Jazz Age Wear; Jazz Age Living Room + Jazz Age Wear; February 2011 Compilation

864 ) Steampunk Kitchen- Artic Keen Cog and Sprocket Refridgerator / 40 / 81 / 51% / 2 hours (Refridgerator is EA's typo or spelling error - not the DD team's.
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 126)

865 ) Sweetest Lace / 26 / 75 / 65% / 2 hours
    Part of: Victorian Fashions

866 ) Business Button-down Suit / 43 / 75 / 43% / 2 hours
    Part of: Fifth Avenue Fashions

867 ) Alice / 24 / 75 / 68% / 2 hours
    Part of: Rebel Just Because; I Heart the 50's

868 ) Zen Again / 442 / 842 / 48% / 2 hours
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 52, # 928, # 811, but less than # 541)

869 ) Locks & Keys / 21 / 75 / 72% / 2 hours
    Part of: Life’s a Beach (Swim); Sun, Surf & Sand (Swim + Sleep)

870 ) Murano Wooden Block Knife Stock / 10 / 25 / 60% / 2 hours
    Part of: Mid Century Modern Kitchen Marvels; Finest Living, Finest Cooking;
    December 2011 Compilation Set; Blast From the Past Compilation

871 ) Pencil Skirt / 44 / 75 / 41% / 2 hours

edited July 2020
    I've studied your spreadsheet a bit and am confused about Sandy Shoals Sea Shanty so I got a couple of questions if you don't mind. :smiley:

1. You did NOT install the wallpapers from Sandy Shoals separately? The column 'install status' is empty. (line 48)

@SimLibby - Sorry it has taken me a few days to be able to reply and sorry for any confusion. I followed Ciane's method with the one exception of sometimes choosing sets over a compilation. The spreadsheet I provided in my earlier post is only 1 sheet from the larger workbook I used during the installation. The rest of the sheets in my workbook were all those I downloaded from Ciane. The list I provided above was not my main working sheet which may have lead to the confusion for you. I was providing it so you would see which sets I chose to install.

I am glad that ZeeGee already responded and answered your questions. In addition, I wanted to answer your first question. As well, I would like to elaborate on ZeeGee's response by quoting portions of a discussion from Ciane's thread where Ciane explains the installation of Sandy Shoals.

In answer to question 1, I did install the wallpapers separately as per Ciane's method. The main sheet from my installation workbook would have shown the wallpapers installed in EDC 10.

From Ciane's thread
    Also with the mention of the Sandy Shoals Wallpaper, is it ok to install the entire Sandy Shoals then? Or just do the Wallpaper only at that step. I assume because all of its parts are found in other downloads that's why the Wallpaper.. But How do you get the entire Sandy Shoals building if you don't download it?

I see this part on the spreadsheet

"I install lots in an empty Sims 3 folder and copy library files to avoid duplicate installs."

But I dont understand how to install just the lot?
    ciane wrote: »
    @EverclearBoy .... You have to change the name of your sims 3 folder and load your game to create a new sims 3 folder. Then in the brand new sims 3 folder, install Sandy Shoals. Then copy the library file that was created in that new sims 3 folder to the library file in your other sims 3 folder where you've installed everything. That puts the lot in your bin. Then, you can delete that new sims 3 folder and rename your old one back to sims 3 now with all your installed content and Sandy Shoals (without all the duplicate files that would have been put in your .ebc file).
    @EverclearBoy - Yes, do it [install Sandy Shoals Sea Shany] after you install everything else in a fresh sims 3 folder. The library file will just be one file. All the store stuff within the lot that is installed with it go into .ebc files, which you'll have already installed in your other sims 3 folder; so you don't copy over those.
    ... You can do the same with the other lots. Just install them in that new folder and copy over the library files that are added into your renamed earlier sims 3 folder (which you'll change back to your sims 3 folder after renaming or deleting the one you used to create the library files)

Again, sorry for any confusion and please always fell free to ask questions.
    Post edited by Me1620 on

In case anyone is interested, an update about my experience. It's about Collectionne Stäncké (priced at 1.573 SP). No CYS applies and no DD's.

At one point I got the price down to 125 SP. So I got Roman Numeral and Mirror Study #4 with a value of 130 SP thinking that would be enough to get the green download button. Unfortunately it wasn't, the price went down to 15 SP. ....

Thanks for sharing your experience. It is great to have an example of a set not on the DD.

The two items you purchase only contribute 90% of their cost to drop your CYS or by 117 sp and then the CYS is rounded up to nearest 5 sp. Your cost should be 8 sp or rounded to 10 sp. Why was it 15 sp? This is why I wrote before that CYS math formula was not always 100% accurate.

Your lunch sounds delicious. Yum!

Thank you @Me1620 and @ZeeGee for your responses, I appreciate it.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top