Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Daily Deal (DD) 2018 Rotation List and Sales Help

Comments

• rnrameyrnramey Posts: 3,081 Member
    edited November 2018
    Netjera wrote: »
    rnramey wrote: »
    Here are links to two very good Sims 3 sites that tell you how to backup your store content:

http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=18945.0

https://simsvip.com/sims-3-store-content/saving-backing-up/

Since your content isn't showing yet in your Purchase History, just start at the step of copying from your Sims 3 Download folder.

Thanks! I'll have a look. So Carl's guide for the Sims 4 will work for the Sims 3, as well? I practically live on his website for the Sims 3, lol.

@Netjera - That link at Carl's site is for Sims 3. It is just posted on his Sims 4 site. If you read it, it clearly states that is how to backup and restore content from The Sims 3 Store. Hope you find it helpful. The two sites I linked have mostly the same steps.
    Call me Regina. My Page Proud member of the "Own the store" club! :D

If you aren't already stalking the Daily Deals, you should be! Visit these threads to get Store items and Sets with the greatest possible discounts:
    DAILY DEAL (DD) ROTATION AND SALES HELP
    CASCADES & DAILY DEALS- GETTING THE BEST BANG FOR YOUR SP
    FREE ITEMS FROM "THE SIMS 3 STORE"
    Current Deal

349 ) Playground High Chair / 30 / 83 / 64% / 2 hours
    Part of: Animals Abound Playground Bed + Bath; Tip Top Toddler Collection; Kids! 2010
    This is the only time the item is offered on the DD

Upcoming Deals

350 ) Palace of Versailles / 944 / 1342 / 30% / 2 hours
    Not part of any other set or compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 213, # 650, but less than # 417 )

351 ) Haute Hacienda Kitchen- Talavera Tile Counter / 19 / 50 / 62% / 2 hours
    Part of: Haute Hacienda Kitchen Set; Haute Hacienda Kitchen and Dining Room Compilation; Fabulous Fiesta!; April 2012 Compilation Set
    Repeat Deal: This is the least expensive price for this item (Less than # 858)

352 ) The Coffee Bean Hipster Loft / 450 / 1800 / 75% / 2 hours
    Not part of any other set or compilation but 4 items are included in Eloquently Eclectic Collection
    Repeat Deal: This is the least expensive price for this item (Less than # 182, # 77)

353 ) Vineyard Villa Furnishings / 423 / 810 / 48% / 2 hours
    Part of: October 2011 Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 397, # 1, but less than # 44)

354 ) Everyday Casual Chic / 648 / 1337 / 52% / 2 hours
    Part of: May 2011 Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 759, # 628)

355 ) Pineapple Pottery / 14 / 31 / 55% / 2 hours
    Part of: Sun, Surf & Sand (Sleep); Sun, Surf & Sand (Swim + Sleep); Quaint Cottage Collection

356 ) Demeter's End Table / 14 / 41 / 66% / 2 hours
    Part of: Muse Luxury
    Repeat Deal: This is the least expensive price for this item (Less than # 396, # 231, # 844)

357 ) Lullabies and Nursery Rhymes / 800 / 1987 / 60% / 2 hours
    Part of: January 2013 Compilation; 2 items included in Sandy Shoals Sea Shanty
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 418, but less than # 138 )

358 ) Ancient Mosaic Rug / 13 / 42 / 69% / 2 hours
    Part of: Live, Laugh, Love; March 2013 Compilation

359 ) Tranquil Trickle Fountain / 7 / 25 / 72% / 2 hours
    Part of: Zen Again; World Inspiration Compilation

360 ) That's my Dame Table Sculpture / 9 / 25 / 64% / 2 hours
    Part of: The Jazz Age Living Room; Jazz Age Living Room + Jazz Age Wear; February 2011 Compilation

361 ) I Heart The 50's / 540 / 1000 / 46% / 2 hours
    Not part of any set or compilation
    Includes: Rebel Just Because; Hogan’s Deep-Fried Diner Starter Kit

If you aren't already stalking the Daily Deals, you should be! Visit these threads to get Store items and Sets with the greatest possible discounts:
  • NetjeraNetjera Posts: 169 Member
    rnramey wrote: »
    @Netjera - That link at Carl's site is for Sims 3. It is just posted on his Sims 4 site. If you read it, it clearly states that is how to backup and restore content from The Sims 3 Store. Hope you find it helpful. The two sites I linked have mostly the same steps.

You're awesome for helping me, thanks!
  • Me1620Me1620 Posts: 4,994 Member
    You know... I think I pulled down his spreadsheet, and I noticed all the download links but got confused. It seemed like a way to get to files quickly, but it didn't really feel like a good way to know what I had or not. ...

@Netjera - You could add a column on Valgon's spreadsheet to check off each item you own. If you try to follow a hyperlink for an item you don't own, a message pops up indicating you don't own the item. I used Crinrict's S3S browser a lot to track what I owned. The S3S Browser checks your Downloads folder and DCBackup folders and marks items/sets as owned within the program. The opening screen shows the percentage of the store items you own. A great feature on the opening screen is "List of not owned Items".

Here is one more method to knowing what you own and it is done on the Sims 3 website. You don't have to download any spreadsheets, programs or catalogs. This information is quoted from page 1 of this thread in the section "How Do I Know How Much of the Store I Own".
    Me1620 wrote: »

Use the Sim 3 Website Search Box
    Use the Quick Search box located at the top of the page, just to the right of your username. Select "Store" and then enter an asterisk in the "Search" box. The items you own are labeled "Owned". Those available for purchase show the number of simpoints to buy the item. You can refine the search results on the left navigation frame to show only certain categories.
    Here are detailed instructions
    ajaxpost wrote: »
    Chimark noticed that you can use the Search tool to get a very useful view of the entire Store that shows what you own, prices and what is on sale all on one page!
    1: Go to search at the top of the page
    2: In the first drop down box choose "store"
    3: In the second drop down box, leave as "Store Category" (it will be there by default, if not choose this)
    4: Where it says "Search" type "*" without the quote marks. This is a wildcard
    5: Then press the search button - this will bring up ALL items
    6: On the left hand side you will see various categories. Choose the one you want, such as "Buy" for buy only objects.
    7: Below the category option you will see a Price check list. Check the price range you want - now you have the price range and the category
    8: Finally look at the list on the right and you will see at the top of your list "Filter by", choose how you want to filter or sort; such as lowest to highest price or whatever.

a.k.a. - Jodi and a link to My Page on the Sims 3 website

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
    Current Deal

361 ) I Heart The 50's / 540 / 1000 / 46% / 2 hours
    Includes: Rebel Just Because; Hogan’s Deep-Fried Diner Starter Kit

Upcoming Deals

362 ) Beach Bummin' / 539 / 762 / 29% / 2 hours
    Repeat Deal: This is the least expensive price for this item (Less than # 664)

363 ) Pastoral Perfection Stove / 58 / 99 / 41% / 2 hours
    Part of: Provence; World Inspiration Compilation

364 ) Mid Century Modern Kitchen Marvels / 344 / 675 / 49% / 2 hours
    Part of: Finest Living, Finest Cooking; December 2011 Compilation Set; Blast From the Past Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 99, # 513, but less than # 416)

365 ) Island Villa / 98 / 347 / 72% / 2 hours
    Part of: Island Escape Compilation; 4 items included in Sandy Shoals Sea Shanty
    Repeat Deal: This is the least expensive price for this item (Less than # 451, # 459)

366 ) Edwardian Expression Kitchen- Charming Culture Counter / 24 / 45 / 47% / 2 hours
    Part of: Edwardian Expression Kitchen Set; New Year, New Kitchen!; January 2012 Compilation

367 ) Everyday - Hot Summer Days / 338 / 963 / 65% / 2 hours
    Part of: June 2011 Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is the least expensive price for this item (Less than # 876)

368 ) Doric Column Gate / 9 / 26 / 65% / 2 hours
    Part of: Live, Laugh, Love; March 2013 Compilation

369 ) Africa Inspiration Collection / 840 / 1309 / 36% / 2 hours
    Part of: Adventurous Life!; World Inspiration Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 873, # 850, # 310)

370 ) Mediterranean Villa Kitchen/Dining / 301 / 630 / 52% / 2 hours
    Part of: July 2011 Compilation Set; Charmingly Simple Kitchen Collection (one item)
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 89, but less than # 692, # 742 )

371 ) Aromatic Stove / 28 / 99 / 72% / 2 hours
    Part of: Ultra Lounge Kitchen; Ultra Lounge Kitchen + Bath; Ultra Lounge 2010; Best of 2010 Collection

372 ) Frequency Phosphorescent Fixture / 14 / 28 / 50% / 2 hours
    Part of: Futureshock Kitchen; February 2011 Compilation

373 ) Chef Jean's Choice Cabinet / 16 / 55 / 71% / 2 hours
    Part of: Ultra Lounge Kitchen; Ultra Lounge Kitchen + Bath; Ultra Lounge 2010; Best of 2010 Collection

• puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    @Me1620 I finally got around to organizing my CYS info. I've only been keeping notes for a little while, so I don't have a lot of data, but there are a few sets where the CYS number is a bit off. Also, I've made a couple of DD and MMAO purchases since I started writing things down, so some sets will have multiple entries. I listed the value of the item(s) I own for each set; for compilations where I own an entire set, I listed the price of the individual items included, since that's usually the higher number and the one that CYS seems to use.

(Also tagging @Merelhyn in case you're interested too.)

CYS behaving as expected:
    April 2012: CYS is 1,930/3,369 (20 items owned)
    • Haute Hacienda Kitchen (15 items worth 883 points separately)
    • India Inspirations Clothing + Hair (5 items/340)
    Best of 2012: CYS is 2,845/5,832 (18 items)
    • India Inspirations Clothing + Hair (5 items/340)
    • teppanyaki grill/552
    • More Magic (12 items/1,781)
    Boho Vintage Men: CYS is 595/792 (sale price): (two items/129)
    Date Night: CYS is 1,325/1,950: (7 items/475)
    Everyday Teens: CYS is 885/1,219: Atomic Jack Pinball, 234 points (on sale for 168)
    Fabulous Fiesta: CYS is 145/1,045: Haute Hacienda Kitchen (15 items/883)
    February 2011: CYS is 2,365/2,694: (one item/67)
    Fun for Kids of All Ages: CYS is 1,275/1,656: Atomic Jack Pinball, 234 points (on sale for 168)
    India Inspirations Clothing + Hair: CYS is 775/1,200
    • 5 items/340
    • DD 287 cost 95/444 points
    India Inspirations Collection: CYS is 1,295/1,783: (5 items/340)
    Itadakimasu Japanese Dining: CYS is 640/1,265: teppanyaki grill/552
    Jazz Age Living Room + Wear: CYS is 1,715/1,973: (one item/67)
    Le Cirque Celebration: CYS is 2,755/3,142: (one item/76)
    Le Cirque Nouveau: CYS is 955/1,140: (one item/76)
    No Tricks, Just Treats: CYS is 675/816: (one item/67)
    September 2011: CYS is 1,065/2,723: Viva las Vegas Living (22 items/1,540)
    Surf’s Up Sun and Fun: CYS is 1,315/1,540: (one item/75)
    Surf’s Up Sun and Fun: CYS is 1,265/1,540: (two items/134)
    The Coffee Bean Hipster Loft: CYS is 1,575/1,800: (one item/50)
    The Jazz Age Wear: CYS is 865/1,029: (one item/67)

Compilations/sets with odd CYS numbers:
    April 2012: CYS is 645/3,369 (42/68 items)
    • Haute Hacienda Kitchen set (15 items/883)
    • India Inspirations Clothing + Hair (27 items/1,675)
    Haute Hacienda Kitchen + Dining: CYS is 105/1,013: Haute Hacienda Kitchen (15 items/883)
    India Inspirations Collection: CYS is 85/1,783 (27/46 items): India Inspirations Clothing + Hair (27 items/1,675)
    These three are not too far off, but they're worth mentioning because other sets that contain the same items are exactly right.

January 2012: CYS is 180/3,500 (14 items)
    • More Magic (12 items/1,781)
    • Year of the Dragon set (2 free items)
    This is the only one I can't explain with math, although I didn't try all that hard. It's worth noting that the Soothsayer's Crystal Ball set shows up twice in my purchase history, for whatever reason.

October 2011: CYS is 905/4180 (31/63 items)
    • Regency Arcade (19 items; venue price is 1,683)
    • Viva Las Vegas Bedroom (12 items/982)
    October 2011: CYS is 805/4180 (33/63 items)
    • Boho Vintage Men: (two items/129)
    • Regency Arcade (19 items; venue price is 1,683)
    • Viva Las Vegas Bedroom (12 items/982)
    This discrepancy is probably due to the original prices of the items in the Regency Arcade, which likely add up to around 2,190 points. But of course I can't see those prices now, since the items are no longer available for individual purchase.
    @Netjera - You could add a column on Valgon's spreadsheet to check off each item you own. If you try to follow a hyperlink for an item you don't own, a message pops up indicating you don't own the item. I used Crinrict's S3S browser a lot to track what I owned. The S3S Browser checks your Downloads folder and DCBackup folders and marks items/sets as owned within the program. The opening screen shows the percentage of the store items you own. A great feature on the opening screen is "List of not owned Items".

Ooo I might have to look into this browser. Although adding a column for the checkmarks and then downloading the files directly also sounds like a really good method - thanks!
    Here is one more method to knowing what you own and it is done on the Sims 3 website. You don't have to download any spreadsheets, programs or catalogs. This information is quoted from page 1 of this thread in the section "How Do I Know How Much of the Store I Own".

Use the Sim 3 Website Search Box
    Use the Quick Search box located at the top of the page, just to the right of your username. Select "Store" and then enter an asterisk in the "Search" box. The items you own are labeled "Owned". Those available for purchase show the number of simpoints to buy the item. You can refine the search results on the left navigation frame to show only certain categories.

I tried this. I think it gives a lot of information, but I wasn't quite sure what to do with all of it. There are so many ways to do things, it's almost a little overwhelming at times. But on the other hand, it's amazing that people have figured all of this out!

Thanks for everything!

edited November 2018
    This discrepancy is probably due to the original prices of the items in the Regency Arcade, which likely add up to around 2,190 points. But of course I can't see those prices now, since the items are no longer available for individual purchase.

@puzzlezaddict - I haven't been doing this very long, either, but I have a hypothosis about some of the discrepencies I see. I don't know about you, but in some cases I'm not following the entry procedure exactly. At first, I didn't think that mattered. Now, I think that a specific item was mentioned because that item provides the largest initial reduction in CYS for some reason. So, for example, if a list goes something like this:

DD#798 - Beginning of the list
    DD#122
    DD#357
    DD#486
    DD#833 - End item

If, for example, we were in the 300s, rather than wait until 798 came around to begin, I would pick up 357 FIRST, and then 486, then 798, then 122 and finally 833. In terms of timing, it wouldn't make any difference to the end acquisition - it didn't reduce the time it took to acquire anything in this case - but I thought I was being more time "efficient". However, I'm beginning to think that if there's a difference in the prices of the items, that entering the run at 798 might have been intended in order to get the largest reduction to CYS at the outset.

(Hope this made sense!)

Best,

Net

PS - Me1620 told me that if you log out, you can still see the original purchase price of the items. It's something I overlooked as well! :)
    @Netjera I understand exactly what you're describing. I'm not sure whether the store actually works like that, but of course I don't have enough of a sample size to know. (I could describe the purchase order of everything I own, if you want to compare notes; for the sets, I started at the beginning of the previous DD rotation and followed Merelhyn's thread covering the cheapest way to buy sets.)

One reason I suspect that the discrepancies I'm seeing aren't a result of purchase order is because some of the sets I listed contain the same items as other sets whose numbers work out as expected. For example, I now own Haute Hacienda Kitchen, and no other items from either HH Kitchen and Dining or Fabulous Fiesta. FF's CYS is normal, HH K+D's is not. Completing the India Inspirations Clothing and Hair set helped with both April 2012 and Best of 2012. April 2012's CYS is now off, with no other relevant purchases; Best of 2012's (which I forgot to list the second time) is still on track: CYS is 1,640/5,832, and I own 40 items worth 4,008 points individually.

Normally, purchase order isn't supposed to matter at all—you just add up the value of what you own, subtract it from the total cost of the set, and then multiply that number by .9. The one time when the order does clearly matter is when no item in a set is offered on the DD. In that case, the cheapest way to own the set is to buy one item at full price to get access to the CYS discount. But since you only get credit for 90% of what you paid for that initial item, it's most efficient to buy the cheapest item possible. So if a set costs 500 points, I could buy one item for 50 points and then expect to pay 405 for the set via CYS. But if I buy one item worth 100 instead, the set will cost another 360 via CYS, and I'll have paid 5 points extra.
    PS - Me1620 told me that if you log out, you can still see the original purchase price of the items. It's something I overlooked as well! :)
    This is pretty much what I've been doing to find the original prices of the content I already own. In fact, when comparing my CYS numbers with the expected results, I was logged into the store but had a separate private browser window open to see those prices. But this doesn't help with the Regency Arcade, or any other venue for which the items aren't sold separately—if you do happen to find a link to an individual item's page, it just redirects to this.
    edited November 2018
    Normally, purchase order isn't supposed to matter at all—you just add up the value of what you own, subtract it from the total cost of the set, and then multiply that number by .9. The one time when the order does clearly matter is when no item in a set is offered on the DD. In that case, the cheapest way to own the set is to buy one item at full price to get access to the CYS discount. But since you only get credit for 90% of what you paid for that initial item, it's most efficient to buy the cheapest item possible. So if a set costs 500 points, I could buy one item for 50 points and then expect to pay 405 for the set via CYS. But if I buy one item worth 100 instead, the set will cost another 360 via CYS, and I'll have paid 5 points extra.

@puzzlezaddict - This is an excellent point, and one I've just only begun to consider. (And I don't always remember it! lol I always forget to compare the amount I would spend in each case.) However, I'm not sure it causes my theory to necessarily be invalid. It may be that the cascade entry point is specifically set up to take advantage of the very fact that you mentioned above. So, using your numbers, I might have a set worth 100 sp, and the initial cascade item might be to spend 21sp for 55 sp value, then the initial CYS reduction would look like this: 90 - 50 = 40sp. Whereas if I pick up a later item first, and that item is 7sp for an item worth 21 sp. That would mean that CYS at the initial item entry would be 90-19 = 71sp. In the first case, I've spent 61sp total, and in the second case, I've spent 78sp total. This assumes that the first item reduces the most, which, if I'm not mistaken, it does - since the "return" on investment seems to decrease, in terms of the reduction in CYS. Or maybe it's just my perception. I haven't been looking as closely as perhaps I should be, and now you have me wanting to test my theory, lol. I always assumed that Mehrylyn's cascades were set up to be the most time efficient in terms of when you enter the cascade, and how long it takes to complete a cascade. But if they really are more sp efficient than time efficient, it would logically follow that the first item might be out of order, in order to take advantage of the biggest possible reduction initially.
    But this doesn't help with the Regency Arcade, or any other venue for which the items aren't sold separately—if you do happen to find a link to an individual item's page, it just redirects to this.

Hmm I think I may have missed something you said, then. What is the problem with Regency Arcade? I haven't completed it yet, so I can't see the issue. Although, I can tell you the full sp value, if you still need it? I don't seem to be having an issue with venues showing an incorrect full sp value on logout?
  • ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,356 Member
    400 posts behind! With no time to catch up but wanted to say HI and glad to know the fires are still burning here and simmers are still being helped. :)
    Does anyone know how to figure out how much you've spent on a Make Me An Offer deal AFTER you've completed the purchase? When I go into My Purchases, it just says "MMAO" for each item, instead of what was spent. I've backwards-calculated, so I think I spent somewhere around 358sp for the set, but I could be off by a bit, if they calculated on the whole set and rounding was an issue or something.

In other news, I'm excited. Or in related news, rather. I've been trolling MMAO every day, just on the off-chance that a full-price venue comes up. And each time, I check the sets that are offered against their prices on the DD or sale. In this case, I got two sets - Steampunk and Gothique Living Room for a 48% discount that wound up being less than I'd pay after completing the Daily Deals for them. It was quite exciting and almost never happens! I spent about 169sp each for them. :>
    Current Deal

373 ) Chef Jean's Choice Cabinet / 16 / 55 / 71% / 2 hours

Upcoming Deals

374 ) Pushin' Pedals / 600 / 1250 / 52% / 2 hours
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 947)

375 ) Front Row Center Bedroom + Wretched Threads / 608 / 1600 / 62% / 2 hours
    Includes: Front Row Center Bedroom; Wretched Threads
    Repeat Deal: This is the least expensive price for this item (Less than # 861, # 824)

376 ) Sizzle Baby Pro Deep Fryer / 210 / 542 / 61% / 2 hours
    Part of: Fabulous Fiesta!; April 2012 Compilation Set
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 849, # 795, but less than # 529 )

377 ) Sweeter than Flowers / 32 / 90 / 64% / 2 hours
    Part of: Luxury Resort Attire; August 2011 Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 284)

378 ) Full Interior Castle Set / 299 / 427 / 30% / 2 hours
    Part of: Best of 2010 Collection
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 684, # 737, # 536)

379 ) Once Upon a Time Cottage- Quaint Cooker Stove / 30 / 56 / 46% / 2 hours
    Part of: Once Upon A Time Cottage; Happily Ever After; Make A Wish Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is the least expensive price for this item (Less than # 699)

380 ) Relaxed Sweater / 38 / 75 / 49% / 2 hours
    Part of: Individual item; not part of any set
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 677, # 268, but less than # 458 )

381 ) Mid-Century Modern Dining and Style Set / 422 / 897 / 53% / 2 hours
    Not part of any other set or compilation; One item included in Charmingly Simple Kitchen Collection
    Repeat Deal: This is the least expensive price for this item (Less than # 435, # 530)

Note: The Retro Model T Chair that is part of the Mid-Century Modern Dining and Style Set does not work correctly if it is downloaded with the set. Sims will not be able to use it. The chair was apparently fixed, but the fixed version wasn't added to the set. The single item works fine. Install the set, uninstall the chair and then download and install the chair as a single item.

382 ) Hewnsman Living Room Set / 410 / 1073 / 62% / 2 hours
    Part of: Full Hewnsman Set
    Repeat Deal: This is the least expensive price for this item (Less than # 473, # 406)

383 ) Doorway to Adventures / 55 / 99 / 44% / 2 hours
    Part of: Ultra Lounge Teens Set; Full Ultra Lounge Youth Set; Ultra Lounge 2010; Kids! 2010

384 ) Country Livin' / 675 / 1500 / 55% / 2 hours
    Part of: April 2013 Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 103, # 450, but less than # 927, # 36 )

385 ) Diva Suit / 35 / 75 / 53% / 2 hours
    Part of: Runway Riot

• Lexers615Lexers615 Posts: 1,214 Member
    ZeeGee wrote: »
    400 posts behind! With no time to catch up but wanted to say HI and glad to know the fires are still burning here and simmers are still being helped. :)
    More or less the same here... I try to spam likes as much as I can, but I simply don't have enough time to reply...

My Studio
    My Traits: Socially Awkward / Artistic / Family Oriented / Hopelessly Romantic / Absent Minded
    Academic Trait: Adventurous
    Social Group Trait (Should I ever become "Nerd" enough): Computer Whiz
    ______
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” Will Wright
    "Anything that can go wrong will go wrong." Cpt. Edward A. Murphy Jr, USAF
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
  • SinYangSinYang Posts: 16 Member
    > @Netjera said:
    > Does anyone know how to figure out how much you've spent on a Make Me An Offer deal AFTER you've completed the purchase? When I go into My Purchases, it just says "MMAO" for each item, instead of what was spent. I've backwards-calculated, so I think I spent somewhere around 358sp for the set, but I could be off by a bit, if they calculated on the whole set and rounding was an issue or something.
    >
    > In other news, I'm excited. Or in related news, rather. I've been trolling MMAO every day, just on the off-chance that a full-price venue comes up. And each time, I check the sets that are offered against their prices on the DD or sale. In this case, I got two sets - Steampunk and Gothique Living Room for a 48% discount that wound up being less than I'd pay after completing the Daily Deals for them. It was quite exciting and almost never happens! I spent about 169sp each for them. :>

A mmao @ 44% or 48 made DD #296 Faire Gate redundant

*Faire Folk outdoors full set* + *Maid Merry Dress + Woodsman's Jacket from Happy ever after clothing* + *Woodland counter* for 200 SP.
    CYS to complete Faire Folk+Gate with no other items on the dd, 240sp

Not only did the mmao offer Faire Folk cheaper than CYS, it reduced every Featured Set/April 2011, Happily Ever After Clothing and Hairstyles will be much cheaper, items taken #DD 140/260 +true romance hair.

* Happily Ever After - Clothing & Hairstyles, 318/757 sp
    - DD #758: Happily Ever After- Market Square Outfit (14/31 sp) X
    - DD #140: Happily Ever After- Pauper Hides a Prince Outfit (21/45 sp)
    - DD #260: Happily Ever After- Village Girl Outfit (19/41 sp)
    - DD #540: Happily Ever After- Heroic Hair (30/68 sp) X
    - DD #667: Happily Ever After Clothing and Hairstyles (234 sp)

Items I don't have from the dd marked with an X.

In other news
    Everyday Hot summer dd reduced CYS of June 2011 to 125sp, very few items for *Contemporary Comfort Living* no
    Sharper Sim Foot Massage. Taking this one also made Sandy Shoals a green download, from 140 CYS.. owned Nautical Living, Lullabies and Nursery Rhymes items, Surf’s Up Sun & Fun, much of Bayside. Further reduced July 2011, It was like a cascade effect.

Featured item sets are feeding CYS into other sets, Gentleman's Lounge has made Farm folk much cheaper, 1215 CYS.
    without the Fireplace #642.

Mmao can be wonderful or a nightmare, it has a habbit of offering items or sets you are going to get free at some stage, thankfully most sets are complete this rotation, Front Row Center Bedroom + Wretched Threads came up endlessly on mmao, hehehe not anymore.

A word of warning about mmao, if an offer breaks with system error, only click the buy offer button once, or it will charge for multiple times, downloading them and logging back in will fix the issue, you get no further offers if this happens.
    SinYang wrote: »
    A mmao @ 44% or 48 made DD #296 Faire Gate redundant

This is something I have to keep paying attention to. I do this with the DD, as well - I'll accidentally buy an item I don't need for a cascade. In this case, though, I happily wound up having it all work out. Congrats on your redundancy, though - sounds like it was all good?
    <snip> ... Gentleman's Lounge has made Farm folk much cheaper, 1215 CYS.

I did a cascade plan around Gentleman's Lounge, and was surprised how many other sets it affects. It was something huge like 6 or 7 sets affected in some way. Another big one - Go All In Compilation - seems to cross SO many other sets.
    A word of warning about mmao, if an offer breaks with system error, only click the buy offer button once, or it will charge for multiple times, downloading them and logging back in will fix the issue, you get no further offers if this happens.

OMG I found this out the hard way recently. I kept reloading the page and clicking again, and wound up buying the last MMAO FIVE times! I had to get on with EA Chat support - and thank God they are always so good! - they refunded me immediately for all of the extras.

I've actually had duplicate purchases THREE times now. Once several years ago when I bought Moonlit Valley (I think it is) twice, once with the MMAO when I bought it five times, and once the day after when the DD hung up and charged me twice. Every time they've been good about refunding me, but oh how I'd like for it to NOT happen! Although I did get a $3 coupon out of the last one.

• SinYangSinYang Posts: 16 Member
    Yep "Go All" combined with the Animals abound cascade takes much off October 2011, Fun for Kids of All Ages Compilation, Everyday Teens Collection. I have "Almost summer" in place of "Tee is for teen", from a mmao the discount may not be as much as the dd item but it does allow you to complete these sets this rotation at a few points loss. I find this true with many sets, you can suffer a small loss or wait, months? years? with mmao trolling you, er no thanks besides you can save elsewhere in most cases assuming you have cheapest item for every set from either full price or the dd.. following the info. "One with Nature" I find isn't covered anywhere, Bevvy of Branches(25) + Glass coffee table from Sandy Shoals helps that one, also seen some set items on mmao, so I will wait.

A current example is April 2011 which is at 695 with Sweet Escape Nursery, Street Couture - Kids and Teens @ 335 with a dd due on this set soon, Frontier Finds has the Oven for "Simply charming cottage 260 CYS" in turn Simply charming has "Once Upon a Time Cottage/Make a wish" items which is my current goal. Mid-Century Modern Dining and Style Set had 1 cottage item, not much (5sp off).

Indeed, Support will help if you give them the purchase numbers, they made me buy Dragon valley, lol with their discount code.
    Current Deal

385 ) Diva Suit / 35 / 75 / 53% / 2 hours
    Part of: Runway Riot

Upcoming Deals

386 ) Man Cave Compilation / 750 / 3000 / 75% / 2 hours
    Includes: It's Game Time; Level Up Collection; Championship Dreams
    Repeat Deal: This one of two deals with the least expensive price for this item (Same as # 714 but less than # 339, # 336)

387 ) Playground Toy Chest / 44 / 99 / 56% / 2 hours
    Part of: Animals Abound Playground Bed + Bath; Tip Top Toddler Collection; Kids! 2010

388 ) Capacitor Counter / 44 / 47 / 6% / 2 hours
    Part of: Futureshock Kitchen; February 2011 Compilation

389 ) Sweet Escape Nursery / 293 / 583 / 50% / 2 hours
    Part of: April 2011 Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 320, but less than # 74 )

390 ) The Now & Then Century Manor / 494 / 1900 / 74% / 2 hours
    Repeat Deal: This is the least expensive price for this item (Less than # 404, # 715)

391 ) EmpireLine Microwave / 21 / 38 / 45% / 2 hours
    Part of: Bayside Kitchen Set; Full Bayside Set
    Repeat Deal: This is the least expensive price for this item (Less than # 701)

392 ) Murano Retro and Ripe Fruit Bowl / 11 / 26 / 58% / 2 hours
    Part of: Mid Century Modern Kitchen Marvels; Finest Living, Finest Cooking; December 2011 Compilation Set; Blast From the Past Compilation

393 ) Surf's Up Sun and Fun Collection / 658 / 1540 / 57% / 2 hours
    Not part of any other set or compilation; 1 item included in Sandy Shoals Sea Shanty
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 252, # 514)

This is a 3-hour deal
    394 ) Technophobe No More / 510 / 1530 / 67% / 3 hours
    Part of: May 2012 Compilation Set; Oh My Goth! Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is the least expensive price for this item (Less than # 592, # 158, # 92, # 572)

395 ) May 2012 Compilation Set / 1232 / 2800 / 56% / 2 hours
    Includes: Kingdom of Cambodia Bedroom and Bathroom Collection; Kingdom of Cambodia Bedroom Set; Kingdom of Cambodia Bathroom Set; Gothic Glamour- Living Room and Home Office Collection; Technophobe No More; Gothic Glamour- Home Office Set; Gothic G
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 454, but less than # 436, # 751)

396 ) Demeter's End Table / 19 / 41 / 54% / 2 hours
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 356, but less than # 231, # 844)

397 ) Vineyard Villa Furnishings / 252 / 810 / 69% / 2 hours
    Repeat Deal: This is the least expensive price for this item (Less than # 1, # 353, # 44)

I might have a set worth 100 sp, and the initial cascade item might be to spend 21sp for 55 sp value, then the initial CYS reduction would look like this: 90 - 50 = 40sp. Whereas if I pick up a later item first, and that item is 7sp for an item worth 21 sp. That would mean that CYS at the initial item entry would be 90-19 = 71sp. In the first case, I've spent 61sp total, and in the second case, I've spent 78sp total. This assumes that the first item reduces the most, which, if I'm not mistaken, it does - since the "return" on investment seems to decrease, in terms of the reduction in CYS. Or maybe it's just my perception.

@Netjera This is actually an excellent example of how CYS can mess with people's perceptions. You're right that the first deal you listed has a better value than the second. Part of that is that you save more points on the first deal. But another part is that the first item you buy in a set has an outsize effect on CYS because buying it grants the 10% CYS discount. No matter how much an item costs, or how much it's discounted, it's going to affect your CYS price more if you buy it first.

To think of this another way, it doesn't matter in which order you buy thse two items, as long as you buy them both. Either way, you'll have paid 28 points total for items worth 76 points, and your CYS price for the set will be 21.6, or rather 20 (probably—the store doesn't seem to understand how to round properly). You can attribute each reduction in your CYS price to each item individually, if you want, but it doesn't really matter; after buying both items, you'll wind up with the same CYS price regardless of order.

As for the Regency Arcade, the issue isn't seeing its set price, but rather the prices of the individual items included. To give another example, the India Inspirations Clothing and Hairstyles set costs 1,200 points at full price (or 444 on the DD). But the items included in it cost 1,675 separately. I own the set now, and the calculations for my CYS on a couple of compilations are giving me credit for having spent 1,675 points instead of 1,200, or the 248 I actually spent on that set. So my theory is that the same is true for the Regency Arcade—it costs 1,683 points as a set, but CYS is treating it like it costs around 2,190 points, which I believe was the original cost of the items totaled separately.
    @Netjera This is actually an excellent example of how CYS can mess with people's perceptions. You're right that the first deal you listed has a better value than the second. Part of that is that you save more points on the first deal. But another part is that the first item you buy in a set has an outsize effect on CYS because buying it grants the 10% CYS discount. No matter how much an item costs, or how much it's discounted, it's going to affect your CYS price more if you buy it first.

To think of this another way, it doesn't matter in which order you buy thse two items, as long as you buy them both. Either way, you'll have paid 28 points total for items worth 76 points, <snip>

OMG, you're right. The math *does* work out the same either way! Weird. Why does it *seem* like you should be saving more, lol?
  • Jude525Jude525 Posts: 1,699 Member
    edited November 2018
    Oh my goat! I am so far behind! I just dropped offline one day a couple weeks ago. No reason that I know of. Been barely checking e-mail. Mostly using my phone for whatever else I need, and since I only visit forums on my PC, I went MIA here. And the timing made no sense. I was in the middle of trying to help update the sheets for the current rotations.

@Me1620 I am very sorry about that part.

But I am glad to see some new faces getting their deals on. @netjera, I know you've received answers about missing download links. I will just add my perspective on it. At this point in time, we don't know when the store will close. So I have backed up the download file for every set/item I own and burned them to disc. If the store closes and I need to do a clean install, I will have everything to do a full install of all my content. I can also use these files to re-install items that "go missing" in the game.

I chose this option because, even though I am a tech guy, I somehow can't get a handle on swapping out game files for the Sims! It somehow just stumps me. This in spite of several people trying to explain it over the years.
    aka Jude
    I own the store as of 1+7/17/17

My Studio

My build thread in the Creative Corner
    Current Deal

396 ) Demeter's End Table / 19 / 41 / 54% / 2 hours
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 356, but less than # 231, # 844)

Upcoming Deals

397 ) Vineyard Villa Furnishings / 252 / 810 / 69% / 2 hours
    Repeat Deal: This is the least expensive price for this item (Less than # 1, # 353, # 44)

398 ) Louise / 25 / 75 / 67% / 2 hours
    Part of: Rebel Just Because; I Heart The 50's

399 ) Loads of Laundry / 456 / 1080 / 58% / 2 hours
    Includes: Ultra Lounge Laundry; I Heart the 50’s Laundry; Bayside Laundry
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 447, but less than # 834, # 744, # 688 )

400 ) Haute Hacienda Kitchen- Talevera Tile Island / 28 / 68 / 59% / 2 hours
    Part of: Haute Hacienda Kitchen Set; Haute Hacienda Kitchen and Dining Room Compilation; Fabulous Fiesta!; April 2012 Compilation Set
    Repeat Deal: This is the least expensive price for this item (Less than # 925)

401 ) Haute Hacienda Kitchen- Old Town Bar Stool / 43 / 81 / 47% / 2 hours

402 ) Street Couture - Kids and Teens / 240 / 475 / 49% / 2 hours
    Part of: April 2011 Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 422, but less than # 504, # 276)

403 ) Hitting on all Sixes Sofa / 60 / 61 / 2% / 2 hours
    Part of: Jazz Age Wear (The); Jazz Age Living Room + Jazz Age Wear; February 2011 Compilation

404 ) The Now & Then Century Manor / 741 / 1900 / 61% / 2 hours
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 390, but less than # 715)

405 ) Window to the Soul by BahHaus / 52 / 100 / 48% / 2 hours
    Part of: BahHaus

406 ) Hewnsman Living Room Set / 478 / 1073 / 55% / 2 hours
    Part of: Full Hewnsman Set
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 382, # 473)

407 ) Kingdom of Cambodia Bedroom and Bathroom Collection / 444 / 1125 / 61% / 2 hours
    Part of: May 2012 Compilation
    Includes: Kingdom of Cambodia Bedroom Set; Kingdom of Cambodia Bathroom Set
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 509, but less than # 273, # 669)

408 ) Culinary Dreams Island Counter / 15 / 50 / 70% / 2 hours

Jude525 wrote: »
    <snip>@netjera, I know you've received answers about missing download links. I will just add my perspective on it. At this point in time, we don't know when the store will close. So I have backed up the download file for every set/item I own and burned them to disc. If the store closes and I need to do a clean install, I will have everything to do a full install of all my content. I can also use these files to re-install items that "go missing" in the game.

I chose this option because, even though I am a tech guy, I somehow can't get a handle on swapping out game files for the Sims! It somehow just stumps me. This in spite of several people trying to explain it over the years.

I know what you mean. I've been trying to come up with an efficient way to do this since I began. It's almost impossible for me to figure out which file is what, though, because the file names don't match the actual item names. o.O
  • Jude525Jude525 Posts: 1,699 Member
    edited November 2018
    @Netjera I agree about the filename thing. I have had the thought of creating a spreadsheet for that. Maybe now that winter has me stuck indoors..... I can "borrow" data from Valgon's sheet to get me started and then I just have to identify and plug in the filenames in a new column. Hmmmm, I always get these ideas, but.....

EDIT: Looking at the situation, it wouldn't take much. Follow the link in the spreadsheet and obtain the filename when it is downloaded. EXCEPT, every time I click a link to find the filename, it would also try to re-install the content. If I worked on a computer that didn't have TS3 installed the process would be relatively simple. Unfortunately, my dad's system is painfully slow. More thinking is necessary.
    aka Jude
    I own the store as of 1+7/17/17

My Studio

My build thread in the Creative Corner
    Current Deal

408 ) Culinary Dreams Island Counter / 15 / 50 / 70% / 2 hours

Upcoming Deals

409 ) Goddess Tank / 33 / 75 / 56% / 2 hours
    Part of: Individual item; not part of any set

410 ) Bandana / 49 / 99 / 51% / 2 hours
    Part of: Individual item that is included in Quaint Cottage Collection

411 ) Alvar Vintage Shine On Stove / 44 / 81 / 46% / 2 hours
    Part of: Mid Century Modern Kitchen Marvels; Finest Living, Finest Cooking; December 2011 Compilation Set; Blast From the Past Compilation

412 ) Stones Throw Greenhouse / 798 / 1710 / 53% / 2 hours
    Part of: Best of 2012 Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 952, but less than # 446, # 443, # 51)

413 ) The Duke of Bows Renaissance Faire / 779 / 1710 / 54% / 2 hours
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 455, but less than # 303)

414 ) Edwardian Expression Kitchen- Toasty Fine Flame Finish Stove / 33 / 90 / 63% / 2 hours
    Part of: Edwardian Expression Kitchen Set; New Year, New Kitchen!; January 2012 Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 663)

415 ) Storybook Dining Room Set / 220 / 239 / 8% / 2 hours
    Part of: Full Storybook Set; Make a Wish Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 193)

416 ) Mid Century Modern Kitchen Marvels / 456 / 675 / 32% / 2 hours
    Part of: Finest Living, Finest Cooking; December 2011 Compilation Set; Blast From the Past Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 99, # 513, # 364)

417 ) Palace of Versailles / 1055 / 1342 / 21% / 2 hours
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 213, # 650, # 350)

418 ) Lullabies and Nursery Rhymes / 570 / 1987 / 71% / 2 hours
    Part of: January 2013 Compilation; 2 items included in Sandy Shoals Sea Shanty
    Repeat Deal: This is the least expensive price for this item (Less than # 357, # 138)

419 ) Gamma Green Thumb Plant / 11 / 25 / 56% / 2 hours
    Part of: Atomic Age Living and Dining; November 2011 Compilation Set

420 ) 8-Bits of Screaming Awesomeness / 17 / 50 / 66% / 2 hours
    Part of: Level Up Collection; Man Cave Compilation

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top