Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Daily Deal (DD) 2018 Rotation List and Sales Help

Comments

• despina53despina53 Posts: 1,654 Member
    @SemaviLady - Happy Birthday! :smiley:
    Call me Dee :p
    Proud member of the "Own The Store Club"
  • angeljess26angeljess26 Posts: 2,400 Member
    KevinL5275 wrote: »
    I had all of the Live Laugh Love collection from the March 2013 compilation, and someone gifted me the Larger Than Life Movie Screen, but it still cost me 730 or so simpoints to finish the rest of it and get the Cinema Plumbob.
    @KevinL5275 it's possible to do the March 2013 comp this way but as it suggests on page 1 it does/did tend to way heavily on the venue value. Meaning if you bought the cinema venue you get or did get the live, laugh, love part free. I think owning both the premium content items from the cinema makes a (big?) difference to the CYS price too.
    As of April 24th 2015 I joined the own the store club. Thank you to those who helped in my journey.
    DD spreadsheet

Studio
  • Jude525Jude525 Posts: 1,699 Member
    @angeljess26 and @KevinL5275 Yes, I agree about the two cinema premium items. Early on I wanted the screen and entry system without buying the whole venue. The build items just didn't mean that much to me. So, later, the compilation was much easier to attain than I'd anticipated. 10% of those two items was a big discount. BUT, I'm not sure that it is the best way overall. It is just how it worked out for me because of my priorities at the time.

Ironically, I never have finished the movie theater that motivated those early purchases. With all my building this past year, I keep thinking of getting back to it. But it is intended for Roaring Heights, and I have yet to play that town, so it isn't a priority now. It was when I first bough it and was all excited about it and the Boardwalk venue. I still love the aesthetic of the town and look forward to playing it, but I have so much content I just haven't made it there yet. Mainly because I want to play it as a period game, which precludes a lot of play content that I am still exploring. It will also require a working knowledge of the NRaas mod that limits the game's assignment of clothing, so that the townies are wearing appropriate outfits. It's a bigger project than I'm looking to take on right now, but very much look forward too. Gosh, so many years of play left in TS3. Why did I spend any money on TS4? I mean, really, why?
    aka Jude
    I own the store as of 1+7/17/17

My Studio

My build thread in the Creative Corner
  • rnrameyrnramey Posts: 3,081 Member
    Current Deal

347 ) Futureshock Living / 726 / 1072 / 32% / 2 hours
    Part of: March 2011 Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 872, # 180 but less than # 562)

Upcoming Deals

348 ) Cloud Dress / 23 / 50 / 54% / 2 hours
    Part of: Wild Wears; Tip Top Toddler Collection; Kids! 2010
    This is the only time the item is offered on the DD

349 ) Playground High Chair / 30 / 83 / 64% / 2 hours
    Part of: Animals Abound Playground Bed + Bath; Tip Top Toddler Collection; Kids! 2010

350 ) Palace of Versailles / 944 / 1342 / 30% / 2 hours
    Not part of any other set or compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 213, # 650, but less than # 417 )

351 ) Haute Hacienda Kitchen- Talavera Tile Counter / 19 / 50 / 62% / 2 hours
    Part of: Haute Hacienda Kitchen Set; Haute Hacienda Kitchen and Dining Room Compilation; Fabulous Fiesta!; April 2012 Compilation Set
    Repeat Deal: This is the least expensive price for this item (Less than # 858)

352 ) The Coffee Bean Hipster Loft / 450 / 1800 / 75% / 2 hours
    Not part of any other set or compilation but 4 items are included in Eloquently Eclectic Collection
    Repeat Deal: This is the least expensive price for this item (Less than # 182, # 77)

353 ) Vineyard Villa Furnishings / 423 / 810 / 48% / 2 hours
    Part of: October 2011 Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 397, # 1, but less than # 44)

354 ) Everyday Casual Chic / 648 / 1337 / 52% / 2 hours
    Part of: May 2011 Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 759, # 628)

355 ) Pineapple Pottery / 14 / 31 / 55% / 2 hours
    Part of: Sun, Surf & Sand (Sleep); Sun, Surf & Sand (Swim + Sleep); Quaint Cottage Collection

356 ) Demeter's End Table / 14 / 41 / 66% / 2 hours
    Part of: Muse Luxury
    Repeat Deal: This is the least expensive price for this item (Less than # 396, # 231, # 844)

357 ) Lullabies and Nursery Rhymes / 800 / 1987 / 60% / 2 hours
    Part of: January 2013 Compilation; 2 items included in Sandy Shoals Sea Shanty
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 418, but less than # 138 )

358 ) Ancient Mosaic Rug / 13 / 42 / 69% / 2 hours
    Part of: Live, Laugh, Love; March 2013 Compilation

359 ) Tranquil Trickle Fountain / 7 / 25 / 72% / 2 hours
    Part of: Zen Again; World Inspiration Compilation

Call me Regina. My Page Proud member of the "Own the store" club! :D

If you aren't already stalking the Daily Deals, you should be! Visit these threads to get Store items and Sets with the greatest possible discounts:
    DAILY DEAL (DD) ROTATION AND SALES HELP
    CASCADES & DAILY DEALS- GETTING THE BEST BANG FOR YOUR SP
    FREE ITEMS FROM "THE SIMS 3 STORE"
  • angeljess26angeljess26 Posts: 2,400 Member
    edited March 2018
    So with the talk of the March 2013 Compilation and how it works this is a copy paste of the info on page 1, hopefully it is still accurate.

Buy The Venue First
    NOTE: This advice is currently contested. The "assumed" values for venues may not be as substantial as previously thought. There have been documented reports that purchasing Le Cinema Plumbob and The Stones Throw Greenhouse will get you either a very large CYS discount on the compilations that they are part of or even, potentially, make them free. Not all venues will be as significant. In particular the Regency Arcade appears to be have been greatly overvalued. Until such time as we can get up-to date values for the venues please use caution and only buy them when their price is acceptable to you on its own; do not pay more for them than you are happy with just to get an extra discount on a compilation.

There is one slight problem with doing the maths on compilations and that is when a venue is included.
    The problem is that you cannot see the true total cost of a venue. You will normally see a price for any PC that is included but the various build/buy and CAS items are not usually available individually so you do not know how much they would cost and, of course, there is some value in the build itself. Generally venues are worth a lot more than their normal value.

For example the March 2013 compilation (normal price 3250) includes the Live, Laugh, Love set (normally 1770) and Le Cinema Plumbob (normally 1900). However, although they appear to be close enough in value they have totally different effects on the CYS calculation. Again, let's use PakaJynx's example:

We're going to assume a reasonable 3500sp total value for the Cinema, due to it having 2 pieces of PC, which is slightly over the value of the arcade in October 2011 at 3355sp. {NOTE: These values, especially for the Arcade are contested. Recent purchasers suggest that the value of the Arcade is closer to 2000sp}
    March 2013 price = 3250
    LLL value = 2220
    Cinema value = 3500
    (Set Price*.9)-(Item Cost*.9) = CYS
    Buying LLL: (3250*.9)-(2220*.9) = 927 → 925
    Buying Cinema: (3250*.9)-(3500*.9) = -225 → Free

As you can see, just by buying the slightly more expensive venue we get the other set for free but doing it the other way round would leave us a big CYS price! Similar effects are seen in other compilations that include a venue.
    As of April 24th 2015 I joined the own the store club. Thank you to those who helped in my journey.
    DD spreadsheet

Studio
  • MerelhynMerelhyn Posts: 370 Member
    You are all so wonderful. I spent a few hours yesterday trying but I finally was able to download and install again Graham's Pet Shop. This community is so full of helpful people, I'm glad I discovered these forum. And by the time I went here to write this thank you message, @Daydreamer2543 gifted me something, proving my point. I hope all of you have a good day!
    @angeljess, thanks for that. I do feel that sometimes it's helpful to just bring some information from the first page here. That page can be overwhelming and it's easy to get lost. I know that is how I overlooked things in the beginning. And the middle. And even toward the end. *grin*

@Merelhyn I am thrilled that you were able to solve something an ongoing problem. One piece of advice; I have saved all my store content files to DVD so that I am no longer a slave to the whims of the download process. What's more, I've gone one step further with both Graham's and the Toy Shoppe, which are known to disappear from the bin. With each I've placed them in game, it doesn't matter which world, then export them as you would an original lot. This gives you a copy of the decompressed lot to also store for future use, and another copy in your bin that is less likely to disappear.

Just be sure to move them out of the Export folder before actually uploading your next creation. I've seen many copies of these lots on the Exchange and doubt EA would mind seeing them there since the unique content will not work unless it has been installed from a store file, but don't recommend chancing it.

Oh, BTW, the file names from the store don't always make sense. So if you need to reinstall a single file, you need to know which one you are looking for. There is a spreadsheet out there that lists all that. I will try to find the reference, or maybe someone has it to hand. Generally I only need the venues, or I do a full reinstall from this disc, so I don't have the spreadsheet myself right now.
    aka Jude

My Studio

Found the spreadsheet. Probably should just have taken a moment before hitting "Post."

It was created by @Valgon57. Here is a link to the thread he presented the final version in. link

The link to the actual spreadsheet is a few sentences down in the first post.

BUT, it doesn't have a list of actual file names like I thought. What it does have is direct links to the download pages that often work when other attempts fail. You do need to open it with a fully compatible spreadsheet program for this to happen. From personal experience, it is not compatible with Quattro Pro or Google Docs. I believe it was created in Excel (isn't everything? LOL) and it is compatible with Apache OpenOffice, which I've used on and off over the years.

Now I'm not sure there is a list of filenames. But I'm going to keep looking, because now I'm curious for myself. But the spreadsheet is a useful tool for when the site is being ornery. It bypasses a lot of the code and goes straight to the file download. It still checks for ownership, so even though it will download any file, it will only install what you own.

Hope this helps a little for future reference. Sorry I couldn't get it to you sooner.
    aka Jude

My Studio

@Jude525 I organized my download folder this way:
    * Worlds
    * Venues
    * Compilations
    * Isolated sets
    ** CAS
    ** BuildBuy
    ** Both
    ** Registrations set
    ** Free sets (holidays…)
    * Single items
    ** CAS
    ** BuildBuy
    ** Exclusives, promo items, MMAO
    * Temporary
    ** Sets when waiting for the compilation
    ** Single items when waiting for the sets
    *** CAS
    *** Build/Buy

I previously mapped the entire store to know the more efficient way to install all of it (but I don't own all of it, far from it). I made a copy of this on another computer (which is not running the game but act as a backup). And now I know that if someone gift me something, or if I'm able to pick a set off the DD or something, I need to look into the temporary folder to find the items/set to delete and reinstall. And I have my spreadsheets to keep track of things.
    Current Deal

359 ) Tranquil Trickle Fountain / 7 / 25 / 72% / 2 hours
    Part of: Zen Again; World Inspiration Compilation

Upcoming Deals

360 ) That's my Dame Table Sculpture / 9 / 25 / 64% / 2 hours
    Part of: The Jazz Age Living Room; Jazz Age Living Room + Jazz Age Wear; February 2011 Compilation

361 ) I Heart The 50's / 540 / 1000 / 46% / 2 hours
    Not part of any set or compilation
    Includes: Rebel Just Because; Hogan’s Deep-Fried Diner Starter Kit

362 ) Beach Bummin' / 539 / 762 / 29% / 2 hours
    Repeat Deal: This is the least expensive price for this item (Less than # 664)

363 ) Pastoral Perfection Stove / 58 / 99 / 41% / 2 hours
    Part of: Provence; World Inspiration Compilation

364 ) Mid Century Modern Kitchen Marvels / 344 / 675 / 49% / 2 hours
    Part of: Finest Living, Finest Cooking; December 2011 Compilation Set; Blast From the Past Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 99, # 513, but less than # 416)

365 ) Island Villa / 98 / 347 / 72% / 2 hours
    Part of: Island Escape Compilation; 4 items included in Sandy Shoals Sea Shanty
    Repeat Deal: This is the least expensive price for this item (Less than # 451, # 459)

366 ) Edwardian Expression Kitchen- Charming Culture Counter / 24 / 45 / 47% / 2 hours
    Part of: Edwardian Expression Kitchen Set; New Year, New Kitchen!; January 2012 Compilation

367 ) Everyday - Hot Summer Days / 338 / 963 / 65% / 2 hours
    Part of: June 2011 Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is the least expensive price for this item (Less than # 876)

368 ) Doric Column Gate / 9 / 26 / 65% / 2 hours
    Part of: Live, Laugh, Love; March 2013 Compilation

369 ) Africa Inspiration Collection / 840 / 1309 / 36% / 2 hours
    Part of: Adventurous Life!; World Inspiration Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 873, # 850, # 310)

370 ) Mediterranean Villa Kitchen/Dining / 301 / 630 / 52% / 2 hours
    Part of: July 2011 Compilation Set; Charmingly Simple Kitchen Collection (one item)
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 89, but less than # 692, # 742 )

371 ) Aromatic Stove / 28 / 99 / 72% / 2 hours
    Part of: Ultra Lounge Kitchen; Ultra Lounge Kitchen + Bath; Ultra Lounge 2010; Best of 2010 Collection

If you aren't already stalking the Daily Deals, you should be! Visit these threads to get Store items and Sets with the greatest possible discounts:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    edited March 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
    edited March 2018
    Current Deal

371 ) Aromatic Stove / 28 / 99 / 72% / 2 hours
    Part of: Ultra Lounge Kitchen; Ultra Lounge Kitchen + Bath; Ultra Lounge 2010; Best of 2010 Collection

Upcoming Deals

372 ) Frequency Phosphorescent Fixture / 14 / 28 / 50% / 2 hours
    Part of: Futureshock Kitchen; February 2011 Compilation

373 ) Chef Jean's Choice Cabinet / 16 / 55 / 71% / 2 hours

374 ) Pushin' Pedals / 600 / 1250 / 52% / 2 hours
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 947)

375 ) Front Row Center Bedroom + Wretched Threads / 608 / 1600 / 62% / 2 hours
    Includes: Front Row Center Bedroom; Wretched Threads
    Repeat Deal: This is the least expensive price for this item (Less than # 861, # 824)

376 ) Sizzle Baby Pro Deep Fryer / 210 / 542 / 61% / 2 hours
    Part of: Fabulous Fiesta!; April 2012 Compilation Set
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 849, # 795, but less than # 529 )

377 ) Sweeter than Flowers / 32 / 90 / 64% / 2 hours
    Part of: Luxury Resort Attire; August 2011 Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 284)

378 ) Full Interior Castle Set / 299 / 427 / 30% / 2 hours
    Part of: Best of 2010 Collection
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 684, # 737, # 536)

379 ) Once Upon a Time Cottage- Quaint Cooker Stove / 30 / 56 / 46% / 2 hours
    Part of: Once Upon A Time Cottage; Happily Ever After; Make A Wish Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is the least expensive price for this item (Less than # 699)

380 ) Relaxed Sweater / 38 / 75 / 49% / 2 hours
    Part of: Individual item; not part of any set
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 677, # 268, but less than # 458 )

381 ) Mid-Century Modern Dining and Style Set / 422 / 897 / 53% / 2 hours
    Not part of any other set or compilation; One item included in Charmingly Simple Kitchen Collection
    Repeat Deal: This is the least expensive price for this item (Less than # 435, # 530)

Note: The Retro Model T Chair that is part of the Mid-Century Modern Dining and Style Set does not work correctly if it is downloaded with the set. Sims will not be able to use it. The chair was apparently fixed, but the fixed version wasn't added to the set. The single item works fine. Install the set, uninstall the chair and then download and install the chair as a single item.

382 ) Hewnsman Living Room Set / 410 / 1073 / 62% / 2 hours
    Part of: Full Hewnsman Set
    Repeat Deal: This is the least expensive price for this item (Less than # 473, # 406)

383 ) Doorway to Adventures / 55 / 99 / 44% / 2 hours
    Part of: Ultra Lounge Teens Set; Full Ultra Lounge Youth Set; Ultra Lounge 2010; Kids! 2010

384 ) Country Livin' / 675 / 1500 / 55% / 2 hours
    Part of: April 2013 Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 103, # 450, but less than # 927, # 36 )

@Merelhyn Cool system. I have mine in folders based on @cianne's installation recommendation process. Worlds, compilations, venues and most sets are easy to spot, but, of course, once you get to individual items it gets tricky. Well, okay, impossible. *grin* But, honestly, I doubt I would even notice if a dress or pair of shoes went missing. It's mostly the premium content that matters.

Although, now that @meerkattime mentions it, maybe I should reconsider having everything installed. There are a lot of CAS items that I probably never use. And waiting for those screens to load can be annoying.
    aka Jude

My Studio

• ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,356 Member
    @meerkattime You're welcome! Those old videos make me cringe since I didn't know how to edit! Working on a new one but not sure when it will be done. :)
    @Jude525 right now, my game run with no problem, I just have troubles to find times to play it (and my wheelchair broke down yesterday which mean I'm back on my old one, which mean I'll probably have to spend my precious free afternoon next week getting it repaired instead of, you know, enjoying myself and playing games. Urgh). But I only started to buy store content in December, which mean there are so many new cool objects in my game I've literally never played with before, I don't want to miss my new favourite object because I assumed this set or this one is not so cool :grin:

Anyway, I had a question: does someone know how the Gothic Cascade work right now? It's said several places that the old cascade broke down so I'm not sure what it means right now. Like, Technophobe No More is coming up in two days, is owning it enough to have then May 2012 free on the DD just after? What owning Technophobe does exactly for Oh! My Goth Compilation?

If I take the sale offer for MultiTab 6000, I should be able to have Technophobe for free on the DD. But I don't have 200 sp right now. I'll buy some more sp in the near future but I didn't thought so soon. But if buying the MultiTab means Technophobe then May 2012, I should buy these points sooner rather than later… So any current information about the cascade would be really really appreciated.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Current Deal

384 ) Country Livin' / 675 / 1500 / 55% / 2 hours
    Part of: April 2013 Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 103, # 450, but less than # 927, # 36 )

Upcoming Deals

385 ) Diva Suit / 35 / 75 / 53% / 2 hours
    Part of: Runway Riot

386 ) Man Cave Compilation / 750 / 3000 / 75% / 2 hours
    Includes: It's Game Time; Level Up Collection; Championship Dreams
    Repeat Deal: This one of two deals with the least expensive price for this item (Same as # 714 but less than # 339, # 336)

387 ) Playground Toy Chest / 44 / 99 / 56% / 2 hours
    Part of: Animals Abound Playground Bed + Bath; Tip Top Toddler Collection; Kids! 2010

388 ) Capacitor Counter / 44 / 47 / 6% / 2 hours
    Part of: Futureshock Kitchen; February 2011 Compilation

389 ) Sweet Escape Nursery / 293 / 583 / 50% / 2 hours
    Part of: April 2011 Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 320, but less than # 74 )

390 ) The Now & Then Century Manor / 494 / 1900 / 74% / 2 hours
    Repeat Deal: This is the least expensive price for this item (Less than # 404, # 715)

391 ) EmpireLine Microwave / 21 / 38 / 45% / 2 hours
    Part of: Bayside Kitchen Set; Full Bayside Set
    Repeat Deal: This is the least expensive price for this item (Less than # 701)

392 ) Murano Retro and Ripe Fruit Bowl / 11 / 26 / 58% / 2 hours
    Part of: Mid Century Modern Kitchen Marvels; Finest Living, Finest Cooking; December 2011 Compilation Set; Blast From the Past Compilation

393 ) Surf's Up Sun and Fun Collection / 658 / 1540 / 57% / 2 hours
    Not part of any other set or compilation; 1 item included in Sandy Shoals Sea Shanty
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 252, # 514)

This is a 3-hour deal
    394 ) Technophobe No More / 510 / 1530 / 67% / 3 hours
    Part of: May 2012 Compilation Set; Oh My Goth! Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is the least expensive price for this item (Less than # 592, # 158, # 92, # 572)

395 ) May 2012 Compilation Set / 1232 / 2800 / 56% / 2 hours
    Includes: Kingdom of Cambodia Bedroom and Bathroom Collection; Kingdom of Cambodia Bedroom Set; Kingdom of Cambodia Bathroom Set; Gothic Glamour- Living Room and Home Office Collection; Technophobe No More; Gothic Glamour- Home Office Set; Gothic G
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 454, but less than # 436, # 751)

396 ) Demeter's End Table / 19 / 41 / 54% / 2 hours
    Part of: Muse Luxury
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 356, but less than # 231, # 844)

@Merelhyn, I'm sorry I didn't see your message in time to answer you about the MulitTab purchase. As for the cascade, I don't remember how that cascade worked and I couldn't find anything when I went looking just now. I do remember that owning the MultiTab was the key to the whole thing, but not sure how much more was needed to get the whole deal to fall into place. I wish I could be of more help on this one. Cascades were never my thing.

I will say this, I use the MultiTab all the time. Having my Sims listen to TabCasts while they do almost everything else is a fast, easy way to level up most skills. I love it.

Again, wish I was more help. Or, at least some help.
    aka Jude

My Studio

edited March 2018
    @Jude525 you are in time, it's in some hours. I think I'll buy those simpoints because even if the cascade doesn't work, owning Technophobe is enough to have May 2012 free just after (I checked and checked). So I don't know if the cascade will work for Oh! My Goth, but it's still so much content that I do want that I will do it. And of course I'll inform everyone of what happen with the cascade.

Edit: I actually bought the simpoints right now because of the Now&Then Venue. In for a pound... I remember when you suggested that I use these stairs for my mansion @Jude525 so I decided to make use of these points. I have the venue, enough sp for Technophobe and after that I'll spread the love and make a few gift myself :)
    Post edited by Merelhyn on
    edited March 2018
    Ok so. Technophobe No More went up on the DD and was costing me 236 sp. I instead bought the MultiTab on sales for 200 sp, which made Technophobe free. The Oh My Goth! compilation was not free after that, but had a CYS of 275 sp. But Gothique Living Room is worth more than that and costing only 240 sp since it's also on sales. So all in all, I had the whole Oh My Goth!/Technophobe/May 2012 (which will be free in a few hours) for 440 sp. Which is not bad at all :grin:

Edit: I just thought that I should have bought the cheaper object on Gothique Living Room before buying the whole set, since sales are also on % of set owned. Oh well, I'll do better next time.
    Post edited by Merelhyn on
    edited March 2018
    @Merelhyn I'm glad you found a solution that worked for you. Not a bad deal to get the whole May 2012 Compilation for 440 SP when the list price is 2,800 SP!

You mentioned about exploring new items as you bought them. Because I was lucky enough to buy my sets with ad based SimPoints, I acquired a lot of store content very quickly. I also bought a lot of Expansion and Stuff packs, as well as several worlds, within a few months a little over a year ago. As a result, I was a bit overwhelmed with new content.

What I have been doing is using a program that allows me to switch packs on and off and explore one expansion pack at a time. It has been a lot of fun discovering little things that I'm sure I would have overlooked had I simply installed everything and played it all at once. I started this about January of last year, and I am only through three of the nine expansion packs!

But, I still have all my store content already installed. I think I need to make a list of the sets and at some point explore each of them individually as well. I already have some favorites, especially for building, but there is so much more to explore. Even for building. I remember when I got the Now and Then Century Manor I was so looking forward to using the build items, but I don't know that I've used much at all. I especially like the chandelier that uses the extension chain. One way of exploring the house that I think I will do is have a Sim move into the ruined version and renovate it room by room. Like buying an old house in real life and restoring it. That will give me a chance to see every piece.

I did explore Grandpa's Grove and the Fowl and Feathers Chicken Coop in one game. But I forgot to include the Milkin' It Dairy Corral, so I still haven't seen what that has to offer.

Many of us have commented on how there are probably years' worth of play left in the content that we have. And I am one of those people who went ahead and started exploring The Sims 4. Honestly, I don't think I should have spent the money. It is no where near as fun to play, and it isn't like I am out of new things in Sims 3.
    aka Jude

My Studio

Yes, I know what you mean @Jude525. I don't play living mode much, I'm practically only a builder, which mean every time I go in live mode I discover new things in the game. But I also was gifted/picked on the DD so many things, and some cascading, since December that I'm now working on builds, finding the perfect object and then becoming so very perplexed when it's time to upload to ModTheSim and saying where everything is coming from. From which of my new set are these beautiful flowers coming? I don't knoooooow. And then spending a crazy amount of time to identify everything. But it has also sparkled my imagination: I have too many ongoing projects and I have ideas for more and I love it. And I should have shared my builds earlier because the love from here and ModTheSims warms my heart.
    I need to get registered and start uploading to MTS. As for answering where something comes from, that is usually easier when you upload a build to the Exchange. All store content that is included in a build is listed item by item and is easily identified. Of course, that is only for store items. Anything coming from Packs or Worlds is a different story entirely. I keep playing with the idea of creating a printed reference sorted by category. Or, at least, in PDF form.
    aka Jude

My Studio

Ohhh, that would be a good incentive to actually add things on the Exchange, if I start to use many store items. I'm way more familiar with expansion content and don't usually have too much trouble identifying them. But I have trouble with store Worlds, who don't even list explicitly the wallpapers which are coming with them...
    edited March 2018
    @funkeeferret I've made the changes you asked for to simplify Hydrangea Hedge. The details are over on my build thread. I'm posting this here in case anyone else saw your request and was interested.
    aka Jude

My Studio

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top