Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Daily Deal (DD) 2018 Rotation List and Sales Help

Comments

• Options
    Hayley~BelleHayley~Belle Posts: 786 Member
    Bird166 wrote: »
    So when something is on the sales page and then comes up on the DD how do I figure out what my CYS would be?? I keep doing this wrong and get disappointed every time! I thought the Coffee Bean Hipster Loft was going to be 71 SP for me this morning, I used the calculator yesterday to figure it out...nope, wrong! 495 SP!!!

It's that sale thing again messing stuff up, I worked out it would be 51 for me and it's 475!!! So I will wait for another time :cry:
    Just a sim-ple pink person
    Thank you to everyone who contributed to helping me own the store X
    My Thank You Thread

24q8i8w.jpg
  • Options
    Bird166Bird166 Posts: 443 Member
    Right @Hayley~Belle ??? I know this happened to both of us last week too! Glad I'm not the only one but sorry you had to be disappointed as well!!

And while I've got you, ;) thank you so much for the 2 gifts I woke up to this morning! That brightened my morning!! xx
  • Options
    fabemefabeme Posts: 830 Member
    Oh yeah the sales ! I was wondering the same thing about it. Hopefully the Coffee Bean Hipster Loft wasn't one of my target, seeing what happened, I would have been disappointed just like you. I hope I won't have a bad surprise because I am aiming for Mediterranean Villa Kitchen/Dining and that one is on sale. Hope I didn't miscalculate anything.
    Sims 3 and Origin Username: fabeme
  • Options
    trithonetrithone Posts: 1,406 Member
    Here are the current and upcoming deals for the next 24 hours. The best discount (green) deals are on Bohemian Garden, Kady Shorts With Button Accents, and Mediterranean Villa Kitchen/Dining. There are quite a few individual items that are parts of other sets in this list, so keep an eye out for the sets you are working toward. The Over-sized Shirt (not part of any set) also makes its solo appearance at number 90. Happy Shopping!

78 ) Bohemian Garden / 646 / 1700 / 62% / 2 hours
    Not part of any set or compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is the least expensive price for this item (Less than # 831 & # 177)

79 ) Top Athletes Only / 38 / 75 / 49% / 2 hours
    Part of: Runway Riot
    This is the only time the item is offered on the DD

80 ) Plants in Glass / 8 / 31 / 74% / 2 hours
    Part of: Luxe Lounge Spa; August 2011 Compilation; Eloquently Eclectic Collection

81 ) Storybook Bathroom Set / 111 / 228 / 51% / 2 hours
    Part of: Full Storybook Set; Make a Wish Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 135 & # 225 but same as # 646)

82 ) Ruby 3000 / 58 / 81 / 28% / 2 hours
    Part of: Collectionne Stäncké

83 ) Kady Shorts with Button Accents / 30 / 68 / 56% / 2 hours
    Part of: Everyday - Hot Summer Days; June 2011 Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This deal is offered twice at the same sale price (Same as # 326)

84 ) Haute Hacienda Dining Room Set / 383 / 675 / 43% / 2 hours
    Part of: Haute Hacienda Kitchen and Dining Room Compilation; Fabulous Fiesta!; April 2012 Compilation Set
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 905 but same as # 943)

85 ) A Little Bit Fishy / 41 / 58 / 29% / 2 hours
    Part of: Mid-Century Modern Dining and Style Set

86 ) Once Upon a Time Cottage- Quaint Kitchen Counter / 35 / 45 / 22% / 2 hours
    Part of: Happily Ever After; Once Upon a Time Cottage; Make a Wish Compilation

87 ) Superlative Sofa / 47 / 69 / 32% / 2 hours
    Part of: Storybook Living Room Set; Full Storybook Set; Make a Wish Compilation

88 ) Resonant Ice Receptacle / 52 / 90 / 42% / 2 hours
    Part of: February 2011 Compilation; Futureshock Kitchen

89 ) Mediterranean Villa Kitchen/Dining / 294 / 630 / 53% / 2 hours
    Part of: July 2011 Compilation Set; Charmingly Simple Kitchen Collection (one item)
    Repeat Deal: This is the least expensive price for this item (Less than # 370, # 692 & # 742)

90 ) Over-sized Shirt / 27 / 75 / 64% / 2 hours
    Part of: Individual item; not part of any set
    a.k.a. Samantha (though Sam is just fine, too. Also, Simmantha, according to my husband.)

Thanks to a lot of amazing sim friends I have owned the store for a while now. If you'd like to help out a really good friend of mine who just started playing the game, here is his wishlist. Thanks!

• Options
    23kels8923kels89 Posts: 804 Member
    I have a question regarding Make Me An Offer
    If I own parts of a set that is included in the MMAO, will it calculate my new CYS amount if I chose to take the offer?
    For example: the MMAO is offering 5 items (including a set that I want) for 835 SimPoints at 46% off.
    I already own some items from the set. Therefore, will it cost less than the offered 835 SimPoints?

Find me on the Sims 3
    Find me on Origin

• Options
    AssirkAssirk Posts: 564 Member
    @23kels89 Unfortunately, you will have to pay the price that the MMAO gives you. So, even if you own certain items from the set, you will still have to pay "full price". The MMAO machine doesn't really take into account CYS discounts. Hope that helps
    The New DD Tracking Thread!!
    Cascade Thread
    Feel free to add me as a friend here: My Page! ^_^
  • Options
    ReachsimsReachsims Posts: 7,932 Member
    @23kels89 - No, it will not factor in a discount for you on the MMAO when you own parts of a set because their is no connection between MMAO and CYS.

The only way to figure out an estimated cost is by using Elianahere's calculator or doing the math yourself. :|
  • Options
    Oh I forgot to mention that I got a green download this morning! :mrgreen:
    Cascade Thread
  • Options
    23kels8923kels89 Posts: 804 Member
    edited February 2016
    @Assirk and @Reachsims
    Thanks for your response! It definitely answered my question.
    It's a big help. With that, in my opinion, I'll steer clear from MMAO unless it offers something I really (and I mean REALLY) want or the buying price is just right :wink:

Huge Thanks!!!
    & Happy Simming!

Edited to say:
    I absolutely find Elianahere's calculator helpful. :blush:

Find me on the Sims 3
    Find me on Origin

• Options
    @23kels89 what I did was I used the MMAO to buy the gold version of the worlds! It saved me lots of SP. Also, there are MMAO exclusives that are offered that you cannot get anywhere in the store except for by chance on the MMAO machine! So if you want those, might want to occasionally check the MMAO machine :wink:
    Cascade Thread
  • Options
    23kels89 wrote: »
    ...<snip>... I'll steer clear from MMAO unless it offers something I really (and I mean REALLY) want or the buying price is just right :wink:
    I came to the same conclusion when I was still buying content for myself or my two children. I rarely used the MMAO feature, personally, and had no interest in any of the MMAO "exclusives" except for one old-fashioned male clothing item. I picked up that one item right away from sheer luck and then that was it. While I know others enjoy it, MMAO just isn't my cup of tea.

For those who are driven to "own it all" they have more use for it but I've never been like that. LOL. I only want what I want, nothing more. :blush:

• Options
    ajaxpostajaxpost Posts: 4,200 Member
    Reachsims wrote: »
    23kels89 wrote: »
    ...<snip>... I'll steer clear from MMAO unless it offers something I really (and I mean REALLY) want or the buying price is just right :wink:
    I came to the same conclusion when I was still buying content for myself or my two children. I rarely used the MMAO feature, personally, and had no interest in any of the MMAO "exclusives" except for one old-fashioned male clothing item. I picked up that one item right away from sheer luck and then that was it. While I know others enjoy it, MMAO just isn't my cup of tea.
    I was much the same with MMAO and pretty much only used if it offered a collection of single items at very good prices that would add to the CYS on any sets I was chasing.

The "exclusives" seem to be just minor variations on existing items and, for me, just way over-priced. What you might want to bear in mind is that when you get to 'Own The Store' the MMAO will give you the "exclusives" for free. Only, in my experience, when it offers them singly so it could take a good few days to get them all but free is the best price of all and those items are worth it! ;)
    Reachsims wrote: »
    For those who are driven to "own it all" they have more use for it but I've never been like that. LOL. I only want what I want, nothing more. :blush:
    Really? Well, l'm shocked to hear that! :hushed:;)
  • Options
    LOL @ajaxpost! :3 I wish I could give away some of the things I was given that I will never use. I have enjoyed some lovely friendships in my years on this site and the previous Sims 3 site. These well-meaning friends loved to surprise me with new sets as they came out. I was given more than I need or can use. I own everything except about 15 old clothing items. I have lots of stuff I have never installed in my game because it would never be used in the worlds I play, especially the world I built with xSorcier, Côtes d'Ambonnay. So things like Seeing Star or Lunar Lakes, for two examples, are not much use to me, at this point, but dear friends were more interested in giving me *something* - it did not matter that these things were never on my wish list. Bless their sweet hearts!
  • Options
    despina53despina53 Posts: 1,654 Member
    Happy Birthday, @Teegers! :*
    Call me Dee :p
    Proud member of the "Own The Store Club"
  • Options
    angeljess26angeljess26 Posts: 2,400 Member
    @R3imiu , @Bird166 , @Hayley~Belle , @fabeme , and anyone else trying to calculate the sales page and DD page sales these do not stack. CYS and either one of these will stack but not all three. If an item is on the sales page and the DD page once takes over the other for the time it's on the DD, just can't remember which right now but given the results it could be the sales page takes over. This could be why numbers be not what you thought they would be.
    As of April 24th 2015 I joined the own the store club. Thank you to those who helped in my journey.
    DD spreadsheet

Studio
  • Options
    angeljess26angeljess26 Posts: 2,400 Member
    @Teegers happy birthday
    As of April 24th 2015 I joined the own the store club. Thank you to those who helped in my journey.
    DD spreadsheet

Studio
  • Options
    FrannyFranny Posts: 2,022 Member
    Happy birthday, @Teegers! <3 I hope you had an awesome day!
    TS3 Username: XxEquestrian95xX
    I became an
    "own the store" member on February 27, 2016. Thank you so much, everyone!

Do you enjoy saving SimPoints?
    If so, check out the following threads for more info
    : Free Kids Items - Animals Abound Cascade CascadesDaily Deals ( DD Spreadsheet )

NzEguYNjKIUMw.gif
  • Options
    @R3imiu , @Bird166 , @Hayley~Belle , @fabeme , and anyone else trying to calculate the sales page and DD page sales these do not stack. CYS and either one of these will stack but not all three. If an item is on the sales page and the DD page once takes over the other for the time it's on the DD, just can't remember which right now but given the results it could be the sales page takes over. This could be why numbers be not what you thought they would be.

I used the normal price and the DD price and it seems I always need more sp's than I thought. I guess "my price" is taken from the sale price so that when the DD comes up my price will be wrong because it's calculated on the sale. I am just rubbish at maths so I can't work our what my price should be. Crumbs, I need a hobnob, too much maths for me :D
    My Thank You Thread

24q8i8w.jpg
  • Options
    Okblondee7Okblondee7 Posts: 2,607 Member
    Happy Birthday @Teegers! Hope it is awesome!

Lol, @Hayley~Belle! :) We must be related down the line...math and I are not friends at all... :/
  • Options
    calentscalents Posts: 245 Member
    @Bird166 and @Hayley~Belle Unfortunately, the sales price will ALWAYS give you an incorrect CYS for DD. If you use the regular full price in conjunction with the calculator (provided in the spreadsheet and upcoming deals posts) you will get the correct CYS for DD as the sales and DD discounts do not stack.

Now a member of the Own the Store Club! Thank you to everyone who helped!
  • Options
    Okblondee7 wrote: »
    Happy Birthday @Teegers! Hope it is awesome!

Lol, @Hayley~Belle! :) We must be related down the line...math and I are not friends at all... :/

The funniest thing is I used to support students age 16-18 in maths (entry level) and a couple of times they made me sit behind the desk and they sat in front!! :D:D. Being able to relate to their fear of maths really helped!
    My Thank You Thread

24q8i8w.jpg
  • Options
    calents wrote: »
    @Bird166 and @Hayley~Belle Unfortunately, the sales price will ALWAYS give you an incorrect CYS for DD. If you use the regular full price in conjunction with the calculator (provided in the spreadsheet and upcoming deals posts) you will get the correct CYS for DD as the sales and DD discounts do not stack.

I've been using the regular price, DD price and Elainahere's calculator, is the spreadsheet one a different one?!
    My Thank You Thread

24q8i8w.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    Not sure if I also calculated it well... my math are far away. My goal was to find what was my CYS without the actual sale.

For example, Mediterranean Villa Kitchen/Dining is right now 22% off. With the sale, the set cost me 210SP, but I want to know the amount without the sale. What I did is this :

100%-22%=78%

Question : 210/78 = x/100 what is X

Solution : (210*100)/78 = 270 (269.23)

x = 270

Then I used the calculator of Elianahere's and entered this amount in the field CYS.

It gave me a -32 as the price for the set.

Do you think I did good or I'm mistaken ?
  • Options
    Runs away quickly from @fabeme .....that looks like really scary maths. I hope you are correct, you will have to let me know if you are :)
    My Thank You Thread

24q8i8w.jpg
  • Options
    Runs away quickly from @fabeme .....that looks like really scary maths. I hope you are correct, you will have to let me know if you are :)

Awww I miss the lol button !

I've modified a little my post hoping it would help to understand.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top