Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Daily Deal (DD) 2018 Rotation List and Sales Help

Comments

• Options
    rnrameyrnramey Posts: 3,088 Member
    edited February 2018
    Merelhyn wrote: »
    Wow, wow, thank you so much @rnramey ! Elianahere's calculator says it should cost me 81 sp on the DD so I'll be able to have it for sure! I love that with the DD, your gift means you gave me like ~3000 sp worth of items. That's fantastic. Thank you so much both for the gift and for maintaining this thread.

@Merelhyn, you are very welcome. People on this thread helped me own the store by gifting me, so I love paying it forward!
    Post edited by rnramey on
    Call me Regina. My Page Proud member of the "Own the store" club! :D

If you aren't already stalking the Daily Deals, you should be! Visit these threads to get Store items and Sets with the greatest possible discounts:
    DAILY DEAL (DD) ROTATION AND SALES HELP
    CASCADES & DAILY DEALS- GETTING THE BEST BANG FOR YOUR SP
    FREE ITEMS FROM "THE SIMS 3 STORE"
  • Options
    angeljess26angeljess26 Posts: 2,400 Member
    @Goodywood you're welcome *hugs*
    As of April 24th 2015 I joined the own the store club. Thank you to those who helped in my journey.
    DD spreadsheet

Studio
  • Options
    funkeeferretfunkeeferret Posts: 415 Member
    KevinL5275 wrote: »
    Well, I removed the Mods folder, AND the DCCcache folder, and Sandy Shoals installed. But its not called the Sandy Shoals, its called the CatalogsObjects/Name:FeaturedLook_Beach. But at least its there now!

@KevinL5275, oh great, I'm so glad that worked for you. Now you'll be able to enjoy it after all this time. :smile:
    Removing my Mods folder is now a regular part of my installing routine.

Yey, I did manage to get the Country Livin' set free today because of owning the chicken coop. :smiley:
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    Current Deal

109 ) Mid-Century Modern Study- Plexi-Wonderful Surface Decor / 12 / 25 / 52% / 2 hours
    Part of: Mid-Century Modern Bedroom Collection; A Mid-Century Modern Trailblazer Set; Blast From the Past Compilation; Mid-Century Modern Bed and Bath Set; When Worlds Collide Collection
    This is the only time the item is offered on the DD

Upcoming Deals

110 ) Hoisted Terra Vineyard Vase / 35 / 61 / 43% / 2 hours
    Part of: Vineyard Villa Furnishings; October 2011 Compilation

111 ) Bayside Bathroom Set / 214 / 246 / 13% / 2 hours
    Part of: Full Bayside Set; Best of 2010 Collection

112 ) Enchanted Bundle of Dark Dealings / 1103 / 1823 / 39% / 2 hours
    Not part of any other set or compilation, but shares many items with More Magic!, January 2012 Compilation, Best of 2012 Compilation
    Includes: The Soothsayer's Crystal Ball Set
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 19)

113 ) Family Treasures Wall Shelf / 7 / 26 / 73% / 2 hours
    Part of: Country Livin'; April 2013 Compilation

Note: To provide a possible explanation for the 1 sp sale, some DDers speculate that the DD prices are sometimes based on the regular prices that were in place when the store stopped producing new content in summer 2014. The regular price of this item dropped from 550 sp last August which would make this deal 46% off.

114 ) Cante Captivating / 297 / 298 / 0% / 2 hours
    Part of: Morocco Mystique + Cante Captivating; World Inspiration Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 315, # 192)

115 ) Country Breakfast Wall Shelf / 9 / 25 / 64% / 2 hours
    Part of: Country Livin'; April 2013 Compilation

116 ) Imperial Bedroom Zen / 165 / 545 / 70% / 2 hours
    Part of: November 2011 Compilation Set; World Inspiration Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is the least expensive price for this item (Less than # 238, # 971)

117 ) Business as Usual Bistro / 1083 / 1710 / 37% / 2 hours
    Not part of any other set or compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 945)

118 ) Steampunk Savvy / 450 / 561 / 20% / 2 hours
    Part of: Oh My Goth! Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 732, # 194, # 472)

Note: Before you purchase deal 119, you may wish to use the simpoints to activate the Animal Abounds Cascade instead. Top o' the Tots Hairstyles and Headwear is part of Tip Top Toddler Collection which you can get free through the Animal Abounds Cascade. As posted by LadybugLeslie in her Cascade thread, buy one single item worth about 25 sp to initiate the CYS discount. She bought the Fuzzy Friend's Lamp Post (dd#293 for 7sp), then buy the Animals Abound Playground set for roughly 375 sp. Now go download the Tip Top Toddler Set (reg price 2,795 SimPoints) and Kids 2010 (reg price 4,950 SimPoints) sets for free.

119 ) Top o' the Tots Hairstyles and Headwear / 419 / 628 / 33% / 2 hours
    Part of: Fun for Kids of All Ages Compilation; Tip Top Toddler Collection
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 819)

120 ) Pan of Plants Sculpture / 10 / 31 / 68% / 2 hours
    Part of: Frontier Finds Kitchen and Dining; April 2011 Compilation; Charmingly Simple Kitchen Collection

121 ) The Cow Plant Milkshake Maker Spring Ride / 90 / 162 / 44% / 2 hours
    Part of: Killer Classics
    Repeat Deal: This is the least expensive price for this item (Less than # 658)

If you aren't already stalking the Daily Deals, you should be! Visit these threads to get Store items and Sets with the greatest possible discounts:
  • Options
    Me1620Me1620 Posts: 4,996 Member
    KevinL5275 wrote: »
    Well, I removed the Mods folder, AND the DCCcache folder, and Sandy Shoals installed. But its not called the Sandy Shoals, its called the CatalogsObjects/Name:FeaturedLook_Beach. But at least its there now!

@KevinL5275 - Fantastic! There are a few venues and sets with "sloppy" names in the catalogue. A lot of the old venues go by their lot numbers. I am about to install Sandy Shoals on my newest computer. I will definitely move out the mod folder.
    a.k.a. - Jodi and a link to My Page on the Sims 3 website

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
  • Options
    Jude525Jude525 Posts: 1,699 Member
    @KevinL5275 That's great. Ironically, I went looking for the lot to use in a new game and couldn't find it.

Ugh, I'm missing like a half dozen store lots. This should be fun.

As for the lot names, I tend to place the lots into an empty game and save them back into the bin with the "proper" names so that they are easier to find when I want to use them. Trying to ID a lot in those tiny "previews" is just too difficult. This time I'm also going to "export" the renamed lots so that I can save them to a backup folder for easy re-installation if they should disappear again from the bin.
    aka Jude
    I own the store as of 1+7/17/17

My Studio

My build thread in the Creative Corner
  • Options
    Took me a couple hours, but I've got everything restored except Graham's Pet Swap. A notorious tough nut, since it isn't downloadable. I'm 99% sure I have a pure version in a saved game. But, I'm done for tonight. I'll pursue it tomorrow. Worse case, I'll install Sim 3 back on to the Mac (no, I never did sell it) and just install Pets. It should install the pet store.

I did get all the others restored into my game, and I've made a complete set of exported lots so that I don't have to go through this next time they go missing. Just install them like any custom lot. As soon as Graham's has joined the list I will burn the folder to DVD for safe keeping. It just occurred to me; what if I have a disc already made and just did all this for nothing? Guess I'll find out when I go to put the new disc away with my Sims 3 installation discs.
    aka Jude

My Studio

• Options
    Lexers615Lexers615 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Jude525 wrote: »
    Took me a couple hours, but I've got everything restored except Graham's Pet Swap. A notorious tough nut, since it isn't downloadable. I'm 99% sure I have a pure version in a saved game. But, I'm done for tonight. I'll pursue it tomorrow. Worse case, I'll install Sim 3 back on to the Mac (no, I never did sell it) and just install Pets. It should install the pet store.

I did get all the others restored into my game, and I've made a complete set of exported lots so that I don't have to go through this next time they go missing. Just install them like any custom lot. As soon as Graham's has joined the list I will burn the folder to DVD for safe keeping. It just occurred to me; what if I have a disc already made and just did all this for nothing? Guess I'll find out when I go to put the new disc away with my Sims 3 installation discs.

Go in your purchase history to find it...
    My Studio
    My Traits: Socially Awkward / Artistic / Family Oriented / Hopelessly Romantic / Absent Minded
    Academic Trait: Adventurous
    Social Group Trait (Should I ever become "Nerd" enough): Computer Whiz
    ______
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” Will Wright
    "Anything that can go wrong will go wrong." Cpt. Edward A. Murphy Jr, USAF
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
  • Options
    MerelhynMerelhyn Posts: 370 Member
    Lexers615 wrote: »

I find Graham's Pet Swap in my purchase history with no problem but it's not downloadable from there, @Lexers615, as @Jude525 said.
  • Options
    lauravonawesomelauravonawesome Posts: 2,905 Member
    edited February 2018
    yay, so happy to see people getting great deals :)

it's been a strange week. had to cancel my birthday party, due to half my guests being sick with the flu and the other half unable to find babysitters. i guess that's the price of being the only childfree person in this town.

my birthday was kinda... well, it was a day. we spent a bunch of it on the road, since my FIL had to get some tests at a hospital in another city... 2 hours there and 2 hours home. i hate long car rides, and it's SO not how i wanted to spend my day. but at least hubs took me for a nice dinner out before he had to go to work.

i'm still torn between master suite & 70s/80s/90s. but i haven't been playing much lately (i say, as i boot up ts2 ultimate collection lol). hope everyone else is doing well!

I own the store, as of 12/16/17!| Thank you | Friends?| DD Rotation & Sales Help

anigif_enhanced-19003-1450118526-12.gif
  • Options
    Current Deal

121 ) The Cow Plant Milkshake Maker Spring Ride / 90 / 162 / 44% / 2 hours
    Part of: Killer Classics
    Repeat Deal: This is the least expensive price for this item (Less than # 658)

Upcoming Deals

122 ) Cococounter from Nothing Atoll / 29 / 50 / 42% / 2 hours
    Part of: Tiki Dining Room Set; Full Tiki Set; Island Escape Compilation; Best of 2010 Collection

123 ) Runway Riot / 378 / 1400 / 73% / 2 hours
    Repeat Deal: This is the least expensive price for this item (Less than # 517, # 340, # 631)

124 ) Prism Art Studio / 931 / 1900 / 51% / 2 hours
    Not part of any set or compilation

125 ) Blooming Flower Door / 50 / 84 / 40% / 2 hours
    Part of: Ultra Lounge Teens Set; Full Ultra Lounge Youth Set; Ultra Lounge 2010; Kids! 2010
    Repeat Deal: This is the least expensive price for this item (Less than # 246)

126 ) Steampunk Kitchen- Artic Keen Cog and Sprocket Refridgerator / 37 / 81 / 54% / 2 hours
    Part of: Steampunk Kitchen; New Year, New Kitchen!; January 2012 Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is the least expensive price for this item (Less than # 864)

If you want this set, it is worth waiting for deal # 295 which is 325 sp compared to the three other times the set is offered for 715 sp, 728 sp and 780 sp
    127 ) Wretched Threads / 728 / 1300 / 44% / 2 hours
    Part of: Front Row Center Bedroom + Wretched Threads
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 295, # 432 but less than # 743)

128 ) Safari Living Set / 273 / 548 / 50% / 2 hours
    Part of: Adventurous Life!; World Inspiration Compilation
    Safari Living Set and Adventurous Life! are not available for CYS discount BUT World
    Inspiration Compilation
    is.
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (This deal is 52 sp more than # 313 but 98 sp less than # 825)

129 ) Forever Living Plant / 8 / 25 / 68% / 2 hours
    Part of: Mid-Century Fantasy; May 2011 Compilation; Blast From the Past Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is the least expensive price for this item (Less than # 49)

130 ) Laganaphyllis Simnovorii (aka The Cow Plant) / 324 / 706 / 54% / 2 hours
    Part of: Killer Classics; January 2012 Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 334, # 734)

131 ) Le Cirque Esprit / 512 / 1797 / 72% / 2 hours
    Part of: Le Cirque Celebration!
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 717 but less than # 324, # 57, # 624, # 538)

132 ) Adventurous Life! / 1160 / 2000 / 42% / 2 hours
    Part of: World Inspiration Compilation
    Includes: Safari Living Set; Africa Inspiration Collection
    Safari Living Set and Adventurous Life! are not available for CYS discount BUT World
    Inspiration Compilation
    is.
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 585, # 3, # 570)

133 ) More Magic! / 968 / 1782 / 46% / 2 hours
    Part of: January 2012 Compilation; parts of More Magic! are included in Enchanted Bundle of Dark Dealings
    Includes: The Soothsayers Crystal Ball Set
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 748 but less than # 672, # 143)

134 ) Romantique Double Bed / 42 / 54 / 22% / 2 hours
    Part of: Storybook Bedroom Set; Full Storybook Set; Make a Wish Compilation

• Options
    Lexers615 wrote: »

I find Graham's Pet Swap in my purchase history with no problem but it's not downloadable from there, @Lexers615, as @Jude525 said.

screenshot.jpg
    My Studio
    My Traits: Socially Awkward / Artistic / Family Oriented / Hopelessly Romantic / Absent Minded
    ______
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” Will Wright
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
  • Options
    @Lexers615 what we are trying to say is that it doesn't download. You can click on that download button all you want, nothing ever happen.
  • Options
    @Lexers615 what we are trying to say is that it doesn't download. You can click on that download button all you want, nothing ever happen.

I just made a full install and everyting on a brand new computer in December and it worked...
    My Studio
    ______
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
  • Options
    @Merelhyn I just gave it a try and though the Download button gives me weird result, checking its checkbox and then clicking the topmost "downloadn" button works.
    My Studio
    ______
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    Thanks @Lexers615, I think I knew that at some point, but haven't needed to know it for a long time, so forgot. And, yes, it worked just fine for me. @Merelhyn It may just be the store being the store. Maybe be patient and try it again tomorrow. Or on a day starting with a "T?" The store is so annoyingly inconsistent. As I'd mentioned, it had me locked out almost two days for no apparent reason.

Oh, and by "it worked" I mean the store downloaded the file and the launcher claims to have installed it. We'll see what happens when I boot the game and go looking for the actual lot in the bin.

PS The purchase history is also the only way to get back to certain limited edition items, such as the Prius ECO Pack and the Iams Pet Starter Kit, which just happen to be on the same page of my store purchases.
    aka Jude

My Studio

• Options
    Ok, that's everything back in place. BUT, I almost threw out my complete/original DCCache folder!!!! I would have had to reinstall all my store and cc content. It wouldn't have been he77, since I have all the store files stored locally, grouped in folders for ideal installation order, but it wouldn't have been a fun way to spend a day either. That was close.
    aka Jude

My Studio

• Options
    @Lexers615 I'm sorry. Graham's Pet Swap Shop never download at mine, and never at my sister's too, so I thought it was a common problem. I tried again today and it still doesn't work. It's in my purchase history, there is a download button and nothing ever happen. The only other item I can't download is Perfecto Presto! whose link is a 404 now.

Sometimes I have troubles installing items, or I need to try to download two or three times, but with Graham's Pet Swap Shop, no matter what I try, I can't seem to download it.
  • Options
    @Lexers615 I'm sorry. Graham's Pet Swap Shop never download at mine, and never at my sister's too, so I thought it was a common problem. I tried again today and it still doesn't work. It's in my purchase history, there is a download button and nothing ever happen. The only other item I can't download is Perfecto Presto! whose link is a 404 now.

Sometimes I have troubles installing items, or I need to try to download two or three times, but with Graham's Pet Swap Shop, no matter what I try, I can't seem to download it.

Have you tried checking its checkbox then clicking the blue download button? You might have to disable popup blockers though...
    My Studio
    ______
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    About not being able to download items such as Graham's Pet Swap Shop, have you seen Valgons' thread. He provides a spreadsheet with links to the store items allowing you to by pass purchase history.

I believe there are two versions of his spreadsheet. I just used the spreadsheet from this thread STORE MEGA LIST 2.0 - ENTIRE PURCHASE HISTORY IN 1 FILE (The DD spreadsheet has a link to his thread on the Useful Links sheet. )

I am providing you with the link to download the pet shop, so you can see if the method works for you before you get the spreadsheet.

Here are the steps to follow to download an item
    1. No matter which web browser you use, clear your Internet Explorer caches/history/cookies as that is the browser that the launcher uses.
    2. Create a clean set of Sims files in My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3
    3. Open the Launcher and Log in but do not start the game
    4. Open your web browser and paste the following in your address bar - sims3://download/?ofbId=OFB-SIM3:41103
    5. The Pet Shop hopefully will appear in your Launcher on the Downloads tab

Good luck

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    Current Deal

134 ) Romantique Double Bed / 42 / 54 / 22% / 2 hours
    Part of: Storybook Bedroom Set; Full Storybook Set; Make a Wish Compilation

Upcoming Deals

135 ) Storybook Bathroom Set / 78 / 228 / 66% / 2 hours
    Part of: Full Storybook Set; Make a Wish Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is the least expensive price for this item (Less than # 225, # 81, # 646)

136 ) Athena's Olive Tree / 19 / 58 / 67% / 2 hours
    Part of: Muse Luxury Set; Quaint Cottage Collection

137 ) Glitter and Glam Bedroom / 264 / 401 / 34% / 2 hours
    Part of: Glitter and Glam + Diva and Divo
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 428 but less than # 254)

This is a 3 hour deal
    138 ) Lullabies and Nursery Rhymes / 1140 / 1987 / 43% / 3 hours
    Part of: January 2013 Compilation; 2 items included in Sandy Shoals Sea Shanty
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 418, # 357)

139 ) I Love Me Mirror / 40 / 42 / 5% / 2 hours
    Part of: Glitter and Glam + Diva and Divo, Glitter and Glam Bedroom

140 ) Happily Ever After- Pauper Hides a Prince Outfit / 21 / 45 / 53% / 2 hours
    Part of: Happily Ever After Clothing and Hairstyles, Once Upon a Time Cottage, Make a Wish Compilation

Note: This is the three-seater sofa not the two-seater loveseat of the same name
    141 ) Empyrean Luxury Loveseat / 38 / 81 / 53% / 2 hours
    Part of: Morocco Mystique; Morocco Mystique + Cante Captivating

142 ) Al Fresco Street Market / 950 / 1710 / 44% / 2 hours
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 887, # 294, # 659)

143 ) More Magic! / 1100 / 1782 / 38% / 2 hours
    Part of: January 2012 Compilation; parts of More Magic! are included in Enchanted Bundle of Dark Dealings
    Includes: The Soothsayers Crystal Ball Set
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 748, # 133 & # 672)

This is a 3 hour deal
    144 ) La-Di-Da Windows by BahHaus / 38 / 100 / 62% / 3 hours
    Part of: BahHaus

145 ) Edwardian Expression Kitchen - Graceful Gelatin Taste and Style Sculpture / 11 / 25 / 56% / 2 hours
    Part of: Edwardian Expression Kitchen Set; New Year, New Kitchen!; January 2012 Compilation

• Options
    edited February 2018
    Strange Happenings with the Daily Deal Schedule

Posted at 3:46 PM Central on Feb. 20th

La-Di-Da Windows by BahHaus was skipped and replaced by Once Upon a Time Cottage- Woodsman's Chair.

Deal 145, Edwardian Expression Kitchen- Graceful Gelatin Taste and Style Sculpture, should be the current deal. However, the current deal is Once Upon a Time Cottage- Woodsman's Chair. The deal is showing as having just over an hour remaining with Edwardian Expression Kitchen- Graceful Gelatin Taste and Style Sculpture as the next deal. The deal is The Gentlemen's Lounge Collection which does follow the list.

The two previous deals were showing correctly; Al Fresco Street Market and More Magic

Edit - The deals just changed over at 3:52 pm central. Edwardian Expression Kitchen- Graceful Gelatin Taste and Style Sculpture is the current deal. The past sales shows La-Di-Da Windows by BahHaus. Sigh.

• Options
    KhemKat19KhemKat19 Posts: 129 Member
    I guess the maintenance they just did threw it off >.<
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    I hope whatever maintenance that was done fixed whatever was needed behind the scenes, because what we see is usually messed up in some way.

ETA - I have updated the main DD spreadsheet and the time zone specific ones. If you use one of the time zone specific spreadsheets, please see this post
    Post edited by Me1620 on

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top