Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Daily Deal (DD) 2018 Rotation List and Sales Help

Comments

• AssirkAssirk Posts: 564 Member
    edited January 2016
    Hi @Me1620!

For DD 36 Country Livin', you have "Country Living", not "Country Livin' " haha :smile: Sorry if that's really minor :no_mouth::sweat_smile:
    The New DD Tracking Thread!!
    Cascade Thread
    Feel free to add me as a friend here: My Page! ^_^
  • frozenorangejuicfrozenorangejuic Posts: 1,830 Member
    I'm looking for a mod recommendation and figure what better place to ask than here? For my zombie apocalypse let's play I'm looking for a mod that keeps sims from using cars and taxis but let's them use bicycles. I tried traffic from nraas but it stops them from using their bikes too. Anyone know of a mod that does that?
  • Martje89Martje89 Posts: 938 Member
    Wow, the 7th rotation already. When I discovered the store and DD stalking this list was halfway the 4th cycle. Time flies! The beginning of this list sure is exciting @trithone :blush: I bought the Last Venue of Amore this morning and got a green download button on Glitter and Glam + Diva and Divo :mrgreen: Now I'm waiting for Homecoming, Grim's Ghastly Manor, the March 2011 Compilation and Mother Russia. Yay!
  • Hayley~BelleHayley~Belle Posts: 786 Member
    This will be the start of my first rotation from number one :D
    Just a sim-ple pink person
    Thank you to everyone who contributed to helping me own the store X
    My Thank You Thread

24q8i8w.jpg
  • calentscalents Posts: 245 Member
    edited January 2016
    Me1620 wrote: »
    questions for all the people who were here for the closing of the sims 2 store (even though I played it I didn't have internet in those days) if I have all my store purchases backed up and get a new laptop after the store closes how do I get the items back in game?
    will the my page stay the same? what all will happen when the store closes?
    ... if I have all my store purchases backed up and get a new laptop after the store closes how do I get the items back in game?
    I have not tried it myself, but I believe after you install the base game and have the Electronic Arts folder on your laptop, you should be able to paste your The Sims 3 folder backup into your new clean folder and have your store content. My game, with the exception of Diesel sp, are all DVDs. I have read you need to do a different back up if your game has been downloaded from Origin. That information may be in the threads that discuss backing up your game.

When I did a new install after the death of my previous laptop, I installed all my EPs/SPs, superpatched them, and then dumped in my files from the backup with no issues (I installed from Origin, btw). Backups from CAW pasted into their correct folder also worked, same for saved Sims and games. I also strongly recommend keeping a copy of the superpatcher for whichever patch level you are running on with your backups, as it takes forever to download otherwise.
    I'm looking for a mod recommendation and figure what better place to ask than here? For my zombie apocalypse let's play I'm looking for a mod that keeps sims from using cars and taxis but let's them use bicycles. I tried traffic from nraas but it stops them from using their bikes too. Anyone know of a mod that does that?

I don't think there is a mod for this. I know vacation worlds allow you to do this, but they utilize a .ini file that is inserted during world creation before the world is exported, and it is part of the .ini that marks the world as a vacation world (i.e. China). I don't think anyone has been able to isolate the coding just for the bicycle/walking restriction part of this, but I may be mistaken. I believe the Bridgeport .ini that marks it as a city is also tied to the phantom taxi spawning, so this may mean traffic is directly tied to the designation as either a city or vacation world instead of a normal neighborhood and can't be separated code-wise. :neutral:

Edit: After some digging around, I can confirm China is the only vacation world that has the walking/biking restriction (the other two allow scooters) and it is definitely part of the .ini that designates the world as vacation.
    Post edited by calents on
    Now a member of the Own the Store Club! Thank you to everyone who helped!
  • TheStarlightSimmTheStarlightSimm Posts: 76 Member
    This will be the start of my first rotation from number one :D

Mine as well :blush::smiley:
    My Wishlist
    77 Sets, 42 Premium content and 4 Wolrds away from owning the Store B)
  • Hayley~BelleHayley~Belle Posts: 786 Member
    @TheStarlightSimm it's really exciting :D
    Just a sim-ple pink person
    Thank you to everyone who contributed to helping me own the store X
    My Thank You Thread

24q8i8w.jpg
  • frozenorangejuicfrozenorangejuic Posts: 1,830 Member
    calents wrote: »
    I don't think there is a mod for this. I know vacation worlds allow you to do this, but they utilize a .ini file that is inserted during world creation before the world is exported, and it is part of the .ini that marks the world as a vacation world (i.e. China). I don't think anyone has been able to isolate the coding just for the bicycle/walking restriction part of this, but I may be mistaken. I believe the Bridgeport .ini that marks it as a city is also tied to the phantom taxi spawning, so this may mean traffic is directly tied to the designation as either a city or vacation world instead of a normal neighborhood and can't be separated code-wise. :neutral:

Edit: After some digging around, I can confirm China is the only vacation world that has the walking/biking restriction (the other two allow scooters) and it is definitely part of the .ini that designates the world as vacation.

Oh boo. I tried taking away permission to use cars in Retuner but they are still using them anyway and I keep getting a lot of error messages. I guess I'll just keep the cars because as I found out in the episode that'll be posted tomorrow, it takes forever for them to run around town without their bikes! Thanks for the info.
  • trithonetrithone Posts: 1,406 Member
    Me1620 wrote: »
    @trithone - Thanks for making the spreadsheet updates for the 7th rotation. You're awesome!

You're welcome. I was online when it switched so I figured I might as well do the updating. :) The only thing I didn't do was add a future 9th rotation to the end of the sheet.
    a.k.a. Samantha (though Sam is just fine, too. Also, Simmantha, according to my husband.)

Thanks to a lot of amazing sim friends I have owned the store for a while now. If you'd like to help out a really good friend of mine who just started playing the game, here is his wishlist. Thanks!

• Okblondee7Okblondee7 Posts: 2,607 Member
    edited January 2016
    There you are, @trithone! Very happy to make your acquaintance. :) I was so worried I wouldn't be able to find you, so I have been thanking you everywhere. You are so generous and kind! I love Jet Set Elders! Thank you so, so much! <3

ETA: Yes, thank you for making the new rotation, it is so helpful and I know it takes a lot of work. {{{HUGS}}}
  • AssirkAssirk Posts: 564 Member
    Thank you @trithone for the dress! I love it! It's so hipster haha :lol:
    The New DD Tracking Thread!!
    Cascade Thread
    Feel free to add me as a friend here: My Page! ^_^
  • SphynxRulesSphynxRules Posts: 51 Member
    OMG, the March 2011 set is upcoming and I didn't really think to get the cascade for it in order because I forgot that it overlapped with Fortune's Folly. BAH. My CYS will be under 400 simpoints when it comes up; I'm going to sleep on whether I should just suck it up and get it for that amount OR wait until next rotation.

In positive news, I did get Homecoming, which I missed last rotation :blush:
  • despina53despina53 Posts: 1,654 Member
    @SphynxRules - Please check your TS3 inbox ;)
    Call me Dee :p
    Proud member of the "Own The Store Club"
    Does anyone know if Date Night is coming up anytime soon? I don't see it, but that's not unusual. Thank you! :)
    @Okblondee7 Date Night is coming up on DD 282 on February the 19th. It will be 50% off :blush:
    @Martje89. bless you! I have been so worried that I wouldn't be able to swing that set! Making a note of the date now! Hopefully, it won't be while I am at work, lol. :)
    @Okblondee7 No problem :blush: That set is very nice. It contains one of my favourite dresses! What time zone are you in? Then I will check the time for you if you want to :smile:
    I live in Utah at the moment and I think it is Pacific Mtn time. It may just be Mtn Time. There;s only an hour difference. Don't have my sheet in front of me at the moment. Sorry. But it is one or the other. Thank you, sweet friend. <3
    @Okblondee7 If I look a the column for Mountain time it says Date Night will show up at February the 19th at 10.19 am. Pacific time would be 9.19 am. Hope this helps :kissing_heart:
    @Martje89, you are so awesome! I don't work that day, so will be able to take advantage of the savings! Bless you! <3
    edited January 2016
    Yay, that's great! You should put some items on your wishlist *hint* :wink: I would love to help you out with that set :heart:

Edit to add a tag :#@Okblondee7
    @Martje89, thank you sweetie, I took your advice. :)
  • Me1620Me1620 Posts: 4,983 Member
    Assirk wrote: »
    Hi @Me1620!

For DD 36 Country Livin', you have "Country Living", not "Country Livin' " haha :smile: Sorry if that's really minor :no_mouth::sweat_smile:

Thanks. I appreciate you noting the typo. I prefer that things are correct.
    a.k.a. - Jodi and a link to My Page on the Sims 3 website

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
  • Me1620Me1620 Posts: 4,983 Member
    edited January 2016
    calents wrote: »
    When I did a new install after the death of my previous laptop, I installed all my EPs/SPs, superpatched them, and then dumped in my files from the backup with no issues (I installed from Origin, btw). Backups from CAW pasted into their correct folder also worked, same for saved Sims and games. I also strongly recommend keeping a copy of the superpatcher for whichever patch level you are running on with your backups, as it takes forever to download otherwise.
    @calents - Thank you for adding to the discussion and providing your tips. I will add your quote to my original comment.
    a.k.a. - Jodi and a link to My Page on the Sims 3 website

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
  • trithonetrithone Posts: 1,406 Member
    Okblondee7 wrote: »
    There you are, @trithone! Very happy to make your acquaintance. :) I was so worried I wouldn't be able to find you, so I have been thanking you everywhere. You are so generous and kind! I love Jet Set Elders! Thank you so, so much! <3

ETA: Yes, thank you for making the new rotation, it is so helpful and I know it takes a lot of work. {{{HUGS}}}

Haha - yes, I am like a Sims or Sims 2 sim. This thread is my house and I don't leave my house that much because...loading screens or whatever. :) You're welcome.
    a.k.a. Samantha (though Sam is just fine, too. Also, Simmantha, according to my husband.)

Thanks to a lot of amazing sim friends I have owned the store for a while now. If you'd like to help out a really good friend of mine who just started playing the game, here is his wishlist. Thanks!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top