Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Daily Deal (DD) 2018 Rotation List and Sales Help

Comments

• lauravonawesomelauravonawesome Posts: 2,905 Member
    edited July 2017
    Also @rnramey I just noticed something in your last post~ it lists the current deal as 339/Man Cave comp. But we still have another 2 deals to go before 339 (though 336 was also Man Cave, so maybe that's it?), as 337/the choco fountain just started and Hibiscus Trio comes before the second coming of Man Cave lol.

I'm not trying to step on anyone's toes here; just an observation.

As always, I appreciate the hard work everyone does to keep this thing going~ we're humans, not Simbots, after all. :):heart::cookie:

Good night everyone!
    I own the store, as of 12/16/17!| Thank you | Friends?| DD Rotation & Sales Help

anigif_enhanced-19003-1450118526-12.gif
  • Lexers615Lexers615 Posts: 1,214 Member
    1rzksn.jpg
    Right on!
    I already own the Hypnotizer, but I might wait until 708 anyway (since the set isn't CYS, I don't think it matters whether I have it or not).

I own all individual items, but not the "set"... I just hope it gets CYS enabled someday but

1rzksn.jpg
    My Studio
    My Traits: Socially Awkward / Artistic / Family Oriented / Hopelessly Romantic / Absent Minded
    Academic Trait: Adventurous
    Social Group Trait (Should I ever become "Nerd" enough): Computer Whiz
    ______
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” Will Wright
    "Anything that can go wrong will go wrong." Cpt. Edward A. Murphy Jr, USAF
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
  • rnrameyrnramey Posts: 3,086 Member
    Also @rnramey I just noticed something in your last post~ it lists the current deal as 339/Man Cave comp. But we still have another 2 deals to go before 339 (though 336 was also Man Cave, so maybe that's it?), as 337/the choco fountain just started and Hibiscus Trio comes before the second coming of Man Cave lol.

I'm not trying to step on anyone's toes here; just an observation.

As always, I appreciate the hard work everyone does to keep this thing going~ we're humans, not Simbots, after all. :):heart::cookie:

Good night everyone!

Thanks so much @lauravonawesome for catching that. I guess that is what I get for posting when tired! I have fixed it.
    Call me Regina. My Page Proud member of the "Own the store" club! :D

If you aren't already stalking the Daily Deals, you should be! Visit these threads to get Store items and Sets with the greatest possible discounts:
    DAILY DEAL (DD) ROTATION AND SALES HELP
    CASCADES & DAILY DEALS- GETTING THE BEST BANG FOR YOUR SP
    FREE ITEMS FROM "THE SIMS 3 STORE"
    edited July 2017
    @rnramey you are most welcome :) now go get some sleep lol.
    as always, i appreciate everything you do to keep this going!

husband woke me up for 2 am cheeseburgers! yay!

on an unrelated note: is it just me, or does anyone else feel like hibiscus trio=most overpriced yet useless item in the whole store?
    I own the store, as of 12/16/17!| Thank you | Friends?| DD Rotation & Sales Help

• marissauromarissauro Posts: 43 Member
    @lauravonawesome thank u so much! I've found this amazing list with the dates and time (my is Eastern as well, 2 hours after the set time)! I found it really handy and I got to know when all the stuff I want will be for the lowest price possible!
    Here it is https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1NIeS9yIMAw-fA7VhseLilqCOV5XfKoSJXwbyyKQLJP4/edit?pli=1#gid=1286992794
    If this is the rotation list you guys are using, sorry for sending it again! Haha
    @MariFontoura you are very welcome :)

I use this one: I'm not actually in the Eastern time zone- I'm an hour ahead. But, because it's only an hour difference, it's easy enough to figure out when a deal is supposed to come up.

Interestingly, the only thing I have to double-check is that, if a deal is late at night, it may be a different date for me than what's on the spreadsheet. For example, if something comes up on July 25th at at 11 PM EST, that means it's July 26th at midnight for me. But it's such a small difference that it's easy to account for~ I just have to make sure I get the dates right when I mark them down in my Word doc.

Just a few minutes shy of 12 noon right now~ hope everyone is having a great day!

• Jude525Jude525 Posts: 1,699 Member
    Hey all! So, holiday weekend is over here. Sadly, it wasn't much fun. Had a yard sale on Saturday to try to make some money off of things I have no room for that I'd taken from my niece's basement. It was an abysmal failure with a take of $12. Local fireworks lasted about 10 minutes instead of the usual 30. Not exaggerating. I was so disappointed. Glad we'd only walked over to them and not driven in like some people surely did. I did have a nice day on the 4th itself at the cookout at my brother's house, so at least it ended well. And I did spend time with family throughout.

Sadly, my gut tells me that the ads are just gone. (Have I said this before?) EA may have decided that it was easier to take them down then to fix them. For all we know they may not have been getting paid when we were not getting points, which means the ads were only benefiting Fyber and/or the advertiser. I do hope that my emails to Fyber aren't a factor in us losing them. 5 points here and there may have been better than none. I suspect that if so y'all would forgive me for trying.

Thank you to @lilrosaleen for the Men's Henley Shirt. Out of the individual CAS items I do not own it is one that I see myself using regularly. Especially since I always have a couple in my own closet. And the prayers are definitely appreciated! For whatever reason my niece's (ex)-husband has been much more civil this past week, which is a blessing. Though it was difficult to bit my tongue when he introduced my niece as his "wife" to a friend the other night at the fireworks display. Honestly, let go already.

Still haven't Simmed in days. Managed about 5 minutes yesterday before something else came up. *sigh* Deciding right now if I should play or go work in the garden. The weather is perfect for gardening, but I have an appointment later and Simming would not require me cleaning up and hoping to be on schedule. Hmmm, Simming is winning at this point.
    aka Jude
    I own the store as of 1+7/17/17

My Studio

My build thread in the Creative Corner
    edited July 2017
    @Jude525 I'm sorry to hear that things didn't go as well as you'd hoped. If I lived closer, I totally would've gone and bought something from you: I love yard sales (and will probably need to have one myself, by the time I'm able to tackle all those boxes lying around). At least you got to spend some time with your family, though it must have been hard to grin and bear it during ex-husband's commentary.

As far as ads go, we gave it our best effort; whether the emails to Fyber had anything to do with it or not, I appreciate the hard work everyone here has done in reporting these issues and trying to get them fixed. All we can do now is hope that they are eventually brought back, though I'd rather they be gone than broken all the time... But it took EA so long to get to the issue in the first place that we likely won't see them for some time because

1rzksn.jpg

As much as I would vote in favour of gardening, were it not for your appointment, you deserve to have some fun too. Happy Simming!

@lauravonawesome - new graphics card - WOOHOO!!!! Let the gaming begin!!! Just remember the cardinal rule - don't play Isla Pardiso the way it was shipped. That will just not work on anyone's machine.

I didn't even know about the 60p Hz limit until you mentioned it, but since my laptop screen has that as its default, I guess it wasn't an issue. I'm only running with a couple EPs, though all SPs and store content are installed. So far, so good. I expect a desktop system should have no problem if my laptop is handling it.

Have fun!
    aka Jude

My Studio

edited July 2017
    @Jude525 I didn't know about it either, until @Gamefreak130 mentioned it:

As I understand it, because TS3 wasn't intended to run on newer graphics cards, it causes them to produce over 2500 frames per second and burns them out unless you use an external program to limit FPS to 60. That's what we get for loving a game that's almost 10 years old, I guess.

I played on a laptop until quite recently, so this is only my second trip to the PC rodeo. But my husband is a PC repair tech and can fix anything that goes wrong (and it will, because I'm horrible with computers).

I almost never play IP anyway. I love the world, but the lag is absolutely horrendous.

edited July 2017
    My current laptop is a powerhouse that I custom built to handle TS3. It was as close to a desktop's power as I could manage.

I don't know that you'd need an external program for the FPS solution though. I have seen a control setting in game to control the FPS, and you can always limit it from the systems interface, especially if you set up a game specific profile.

I haven't got Paradise Island installed right now, but refuse to skip it. I've only played a little, but LOVE the underwater swimming effects. From everything I've read the solution is playing custom worlds that have fewer dive spots, houseboat slips and a few other items that IP has way too many of. What bothers me about IP is that EA claims the game gets overwhelmed when we try to run too many EPs simultaneously because they didn't plan for that. But IP gets bogged down even if it is the only thing installed on top of the base game. It is the worst example (best example?) of bad coding/debugging of a product that was pushed to market and never fixed. Although perhaps bad coding isn't the correct phrase since the game does seem to run in other worlds, albeit while chewing up resources.

I've just installed a mod to the base .exe that allegedly extends the accessible RAM from 2Gb to 4Gb. This was only a day or two before the last time I played, and I have yet to confirm if the game is actually using this new "skill." If so, I'd be interested to see if it noticeably helps with Paradise Island's heavier load. The mod is not designed specifically for TS3, but for any pre-Win 64 software. To be honest, I didn't do much research, but took the word of one YouTuber who seemed to know a fair bit of what she was talking about. She did show the difference in her own Task Manager Performance tab. And since I haven't got much else on my system, I thought I'd give it a try. I can always wipe my system if needed. (Note to self: you are behind on running backups of game files.) I'll post updates as I find out more.

EDIT: Just checked and the game is using just under 2Gb RAM right now. Doesn't look promising for the mod.
    aka Jude

My Studio

BTW, I've recently discovered the Motive Mobile in the Lifetime Rewards. Although I think having all your needs met as you drive somewhere is not really my style of gameplay, I LOVE playing with this thing in CASt! I totally tripped it out with flames as a band van for my musician Sim. And I won't deny it is a great way to get to work in the morning. But using it to drive to a date or the seasonal festivals is not so fun because no one is hungry when you get there. I don't know how much I'll be using it in the future, but I'm glad that I did explore it at least once.

As for the .exe mod, my game is running slightly over 2Gb at this moment, so.....
    aka Jude

My Studio

As I understand it, because TS3 wasn't intended to run on newer graphics cards, it causes them to produce over 2500 frames per second and burns them out unless you use an external program to limit FPS to 60. That's what we get for loving a game that's almost 10 years old, I guess.

I played on a laptop until quite recently, so this is only my second trip to the PC rodeo. But my husband is a PC repair tech and can fix anything that goes wrong (and it will, because I'm horrible with computers).

I almost never play IP anyway. I love the world, but the lag is absolutely horrendous.

If you need I have an amazing fixed version of IP! I love this world and I've always tried to fix its glitches by myself, but Igazor sent me a version that seems to be perfect. Also, I found out you can use a mod to travel to all installed worlds! Can't wait to try it out!! (2 more days until vacations!!)

If you need I have an amazing fixed version of IP! I love this world and I've always tried to fix its glitches by myself, but Igazor sent me a version that seems to be perfect. Also, I found out you can use a mod to travel to all installed worlds! Can't wait to try it out!! (2 more days until vacations!!)

As long as there's no demon CC attached to it, I'll try it.

I don't use mods. But that's because, if something breaks, its fix is likely beyond my skill level.

Here it is: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/811253/removing-ip-lag/p1
    Since this is not a fixed world file, you don't have to use mods or install a new IP world!

• Lexers615Lexers615 Posts: 1,214 Member
    edited July 2017

Once reworked, it plays nearly just fine... All you have to do is relocate all families living on houseboats to one of the two main island, sink (doze) all NPC houseboats, relocate the families living on the small islands, doze those lots, add "Late Night" "Subway stations" in the middle of the two main islands and near the "Science Station" and that's about it... There's also one specific lot on one of the main island that needs dozing too. I dont remember which, but there are no roads or paths getting to it, so it's easily recognizable.

@MariFontoura I saw your post too late... :/
    My Studio
    My Traits: Socially Awkward / Artistic / Family Oriented / Hopelessly Romantic / Absent Minded
    Academic Trait: Adventurous
    Social Group Trait (Should I ever become "Nerd" enough): Computer Whiz
    ______
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” Will Wright
    "Anything that can go wrong will go wrong." Cpt. Edward A. Murphy Jr, USAF
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
  • LillaGrisenLillaGrisen Posts: 510 Member
    Jude525 wrote: »
    Hey all! So, holiday weekend is over here. Sadly, it wasn't much fun. Had a yard sale on Saturday to try to make some money off of things I have no room for that I'd taken from my niece's basement. It was an abysmal failure with a take of $12. Local fireworks lasted about 10 minutes instead of the usual 30. Not exaggerating. I was so disappointed. Glad we'd only walked over to them and not driven in like some people surely did.
    Ouch! I don't know how much you were hoping to gain from the sale, but $12 sounds... well, just "ouch!" :weary: I hope you still managed to do something useful with the rest of the stuff :smile:

As for the fireworks, I'm sorry to hear you were disappointed. I don't know what kind of area you live in, but if it's of any comfort, in my experience there's always a group that is grateful for less fireworks - the animals. Maybe you could call it a compromise? :wink:
    1rzksn.jpg
    Thanks to EA's amazing game and customer support, I bet this will be a popular meme in no time :sweat_smile:
    Don't worry about it ;)
    Lexers615 wrote: »

Once reworked, it plays nearly just fine... All you have to do is relocate all families living on houseboats to one of the two main island, sink (doze) all NPC houseboats, relocate the families living on the small islands, doze those lots, add "Late Night" "Subway stations" in the middle of the two main islands and near the "Science Station" and that's about it... There's also one specific lot on one of the main island that needs dozing too. I dont remember which, but there are no roads or paths getting to it, so it's easily recognizable.

@MariFontoura I saw your post too late... :/

That's ok! You simplified it haha
    Current Deal

347 ) Futureshock Living / 726 / 1072 / 32% / 2 hours
    Part of: March 2011 Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 872, # 180 but less than # 562)

Upcoming Deals

348 ) Cloud Dress / 23 / 50 / 54% / 2 hours
    Part of: Wild Wears; Tip Top Toddler Collection; Kids! 2010
    This is the only time the item is offered on the DD

349 ) Playground High Chair / 30 / 83 / 64% / 2 hours
    Part of: Animals Abound Playground Bed + Bath; Tip Top Toddler Collection; Kids! 2010

350 ) Palace of Versailles / 944 / 1342 / 30% / 2 hours
    Not part of any other set or compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 213, # 650, but less than # 417 )

351 ) Haute Hacienda Kitchen- Talavera Tile Counter / 19 / 50 / 62% / 2 hours
    Part of: Haute Hacienda Kitchen Set; Haute Hacienda Kitchen and Dining Room Compilation; Fabulous Fiesta!; April 2012 Compilation Set
    Repeat Deal: This is the least expensive price for this item (Less than # 858)

352 ) The Coffee Bean Hipster Loft / 450 / 1800 / 75% / 2 hours
    Not part of any other set or compilation but 4 items are included in Eloquently Eclectic Collection
    Repeat Deal: This is the least expensive price for this item (Less than # 182, # 77)

353 ) Vineyard Villa Furnishings / 423 / 810 / 48% / 2 hours
    Part of: October 2011 Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 397, # 1, but less than # 44)

354 ) Everyday Casual Chic / 648 / 1337 / 52% / 2 hours
    Part of: May 2011 Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 759, # 628)

355 ) Pineapple Pottery / 14 / 31 / 55% / 2 hours
    Part of: Sun, Surf & Sand (Sleep); Sun, Surf & Sand (Swim + Sleep); Quaint Cottage Collection

356 ) Demeter's End Table / 14 / 41 / 66% / 2 hours
    Part of: Muse Luxury
    Repeat Deal: This is the least expensive price for this item (Less than # 396, # 231, # 844)

357 ) Lullabies and Nursery Rhymes / 800 / 1987 / 60% / 2 hours
    Part of: January 2013 Compilation; 2 items included in Sandy Shoals Sea Shanty
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 418, but less than # 138 )

If you aren't already stalking the Daily Deals, you should be! Visit these threads to get Store items and Sets with the greatest possible discounts:

As for the fireworks, I'm sorry to hear you were disappointed. I don't know what kind of area you live in, but if it's of any comfort, in my experience there's always a group that is grateful for less fireworks - the animals. Maybe you could call it a compromise? :wink:

Actually, I'm certain my cat was very grateful. Although she's happy as long as they keep the highly percussive events to a minimum, which they've been doing at that ball field all this year. I suspect in it's response to the neighborhood's voiced complaints from previous years. I know they hit some resistance getting their permits at the city council meetings last year. But we haven't been hearing those barrages of mortars that sound like the battlefields they commemorate. That's when we both get tense.

The irony is that the flashes of lights irritate my neuro issues, so you'd think I couldn't go. But I take some meds and go anyway. I just enjoy fireworks too much not to. So far I can do this and tolerate them within reason by taking short breaks (covering my eyes and looking away.) I don't know if this will continue to work, but I will keep going as long as it does. Of course, the fireworks didn't last long enough this year for me to even take a break. So I didn't find out if I have a limit.
    aka Jude

My Studio

RE: game RAM mod... it is definitely functioning as stated. I had the game utilizing almost 3Gb tonight. However, I also had my first crash on the new system today. Coincidence? Gonna have to keep an eye on that. And start being more proactive saving my game. Since I've not crashed in about 7 months I have gotten very lazy about saving my game and I did lose a couple hours of play time as a result today. But only a couple hours. Back to prudent saving though.
    aka Jude

My Studio

edited July 2017
    @Jude525 I'm the same way~ after I got my new PC, I became very complacent about saving (did it if I thought of it, but it was NBD because I didn't have the issues I did with my laptop). But, the other day, my game crashed and I lost 4 hours of gameplay.

Origin itself is very unstable and likes to conk out from time to time. So I make an effort to prevent that from happening because

1rzksn.jpg

I don't know if or not EA has anything to do with Origin. But, even if they don't, they chose to use a faulty client, so.

That Pineapple Pottery sure is cute, but it's included in a set I'm getting for free at 506 so will hold off until then. The table from Muse Luxury, though...

That set is gorgeous, and I already own 30% of it (the lyre and the olive tree were gifted to me, and Aphrodite's table was part of Monarch Suite, which I got for very cheap). I don't know offhand if any other items from that set come up on the DD, but I'll go have a look through the list and see.

• LillaGrisenLillaGrisen Posts: 510 Member
    RE: game RAM mod... it is definitely functioning as stated. I had the game utilizing almost 3Gb tonight. However, I also had my first crash on the new system today. Coincidence? Gonna have to keep an eye on that. And start being more proactive saving my game. Since I've not crashed in about 7 months I have gotten very lazy about saving my game and I did lose a couple hours of play time as a result today. But only a couple hours. Back to prudent saving though.
    Does that mod do something like this? If the mod is a problem, that solution might be worth giving a shot. I've tried it and it works great for me, without any crashes (as far as I can recall), though it does require that you go into the config files and do some manual editing :grimace:

On the topic of saving frequently I hope manage to keep it up. Every time my game crashes and I tell myself "From now on you're going to save every half-hour/hour", I usually only remember it for a months or so, and suddenly I'm back to basically only saving when I exit the game :sweat_smile:

@lauravonawesome I might be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that Origin is owned by EA. They might've outsourced the maintenance or whatever, but if Origin is acting up, I'd say EA's to blame. They basically wanted their own version of Steam so that they could promote their own games rather than seeing their games sharing the first page of other companies' games. That's why you can't find TS4 on Steam for one, since EA no longer release games on that platform.

On the Muse Luxury, I find it sad that I rarely find a good place in any home for the furniture. However, I just have to point out that I love that olive tree :love: I wish it could be crammed into tiny corners and stuff like that (which it unfortunately can't :confused:), but otherwise I believe that is one of the nicest plants I have in my game :blush:
    Don't worry about it ;)
  • BariSaxyBariSaxy Posts: 4,699 Member
    Does anyone know if the Savvy Seller's collection ever becomes independent of Midnight Hollow for sales? I see it's still labeled 500 Simpoints but it's crossed out. I really want it and am so close to having enough for it alone (470), but can't even think of getting Midnight Hollow. No spending money left for the foreseeable future. =(
    OO2UdmJ.png
    Current Deal

356 ) Demeter's End Table / 14 / 41 / 66% / 2 hours
    Part of: Muse Luxury
    Repeat Deal: This is the least expensive price for this item (Less than # 396, # 231, # 844)

Upcoming Deals

357 ) Lullabies and Nursery Rhymes / 800 / 1987 / 60% / 2 hours
    Part of: January 2013 Compilation; 2 items included in Sandy Shoals Sea Shanty
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 418, but less than # 138 )

358 ) Ancient Mosaic Rug / 13 / 42 / 69% / 2 hours
    Part of: Live, Laugh, Love; March 2013 Compilation

359 ) Tranquil Trickle Fountain / 7 / 25 / 72% / 2 hours
    Part of: Zen Again; World Inspiration Compilation

360 ) That's my Dame Table Sculpture / 9 / 25 / 64% / 2 hours
    Part of: The Jazz Age Living Room; Jazz Age Living Room + Jazz Age Wear; February 2011 Compilation

361 ) I Heart The 50's / 540 / 1000 / 46% / 2 hours
    Not part of any set or compilation
    Includes: Rebel Just Because; Hogan’s Deep-Fried Diner Starter Kit

362 ) Beach Bummin' / 539 / 762 / 29% / 2 hours
    Not part of any other set or compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is the least expensive price for this item (Less than # 664)

363 ) Pastoral Perfection Stove / 58 / 99 / 41% / 2 hours
    Part of: Provence; World Inspiration Compilation

364 ) Mid Century Modern Kitchen Marvels / 344 / 675 / 49% / 2 hours
    Part of: Finest Living, Finest Cooking; December 2011 Compilation Set; Blast From the Past Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 99, # 513, but less than # 416)

365 ) Island Villa / 98 / 347 / 72% / 2 hours
    Part of: Island Escape Compilation; 4 items included in Sandy Shoals Sea Shanty
    Repeat Deal: This is the least expensive price for this item (Less than # 451, # 459)

366 ) Edwardian Expression Kitchen- Charming Culture Counter / 24 / 45 / 47% / 2 hours
    Part of: Edwardian Expression Kitchen Set; New Year, New Kitchen!; January 2012 Compilation

367 ) Everyday - Hot Summer Days / 338 / 963 / 65% / 2 hours
    Part of: June 2011 Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is the least expensive price for this item (Less than # 876)

368 ) Doric Column Gate / 9 / 26 / 65% / 2 hours
    Part of: Live, Laugh, Love; March 2013 Compilation

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top