Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Daily Deal (DD) 2018 Rotation List and Sales Help

Comments

• adamzaidadamzaid Posts: 1,999 Member
    hi @Me1620 can you really tell me how the list works thank you ;)
  • Hayley~BelleHayley~Belle Posts: 786 Member
    @frozenorangejuic thank you that's what I thought but I wanted to double check :D
    Just a sim-ple pink person
    Thank you to everyone who contributed to helping me own the store X
    My Thank You Thread

24q8i8w.jpg
  • Me1620Me1620 Posts: 4,996 Member
    adamzaid wrote: »
    hi @Me1620 can you really tell me how the list works thank you ;)

Hi @adamzaid. Welcome to the DD thread. I am not sure if you mean how the Daily Deal (DD) list works or the spreadsheet. I will answer how the Daily Deal works.

First, some background about how we determined the list of 977 deals.

(Bear with me if this is too much information.) A few years ago, some people on the forum started creating a list of the deals that came up on the daily deal page. Then, it was noticed, after an unknown number of deals, the list would repeat. Then after the list would repeat a few times, a deal or two would appear which was out of the order and was an indication a new list started.

The current DD list began on Sept. 23, 2014. The list includes 977 deals (not 977 different items as some items are repeated). It takes 82 days to run through all the deals before it begins to repeat. The list appears on page 1 of this thread. We were told by the SimGurus that this is the final list. We were not told how many times it will repeat, but we are guessing it will run as long as the store is open.

How to read a deal on page 1
    1 ) Vineyard Villa Furnishings / 324 / 810 / 60% / 2 hrs (Less than # 44 & # 353 more than # 397)

Deal # ) Name of the item with hyperlink to its product page / DD price / Regular price / Percent savings / Duration of the deal in hours (If deal repeats, list of the repeated deals)

All items on the list appear on the Sims 3 Store Daily Deal page in numerical order, the majority of the deals last two hours but some for one hour or three hours. When deal 977 ends, the list repeats starting at deal # 1.

We provide a few methods to determine which deal number is the current deal. The Current Rotation tab of the spreadsheet indicates the current deal in column A. If "current" is not visible on your screen in front of one of the deals, use CTRL + F to find "current". In addition, we occasionally post the "current" deal and deals for the next 24 hours. Look for posts such as this one.

The DD spreadsheet provides very accurate estimates of the times that each deal will come up on the DD. Because the deals run the full time scheduled (some used to sell out in minutes), you can plan the date and time your deal will be on the DD. For example, I live in the central time zone and I want to know when the Last Venue of Amore will come up next. On the Current Rotation tab, I use CTRL + F to search for the deal name. I see it is deal 2. I scroll over to my time zone and see it is scheduled for January 27, 2016 at 6:19 AM.

There are tutorials on how to use the spreadsheet. See this post for more information. We also have spreadsheets that are for a specific time zone and allows you to mark the sets you own and will indicate if your CYS discount will be low enough for the set to be free for a specific deal.

I hope my post makes sense and that I answered your question. Please post if you have more questions.
    a.k.a. - Jodi and a link to My Page on the Sims 3 website

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
  • ajaxpostajaxpost Posts: 4,200 Member
    Me1620 wrote: »
    ajaxpost wrote: »
    Hello! What's happening?

I don't see this thread listed in the 'Store General Discussion' forum!! :anguished:

It comes up on the 'Store' "super forum" page if it is the last one updated and links to it still work but, it's just not showing on the forum list of threads ...

Edit: OK, now it does. Very strange! :confused:
    ... The strange happenings, the missing posts reappearing, not just those I had trouble with yesterday but also those from when the thread was created, leads me to believe our thread has been pulled from the waiting for approval queue. Thank you SimGuruDrake!! I have some cleaning up to do.

Edit - I can see by the "Post edited" dates that thread was definitely rescued. Please bear with me as I update the posts.
    I should have know that you would have been on top of the situation Jodi :)

Delighted to hear that the Gurus are responding to these problems and sorting them out.

• FrannyFranny Posts: 2,022 Member
    Martje89 wrote: »
    Yay @Franny :mrgreen: Congrats!
    Bird166 wrote: »
    Awesome @Franny! I messed up my calculations for Pushin' Pedals but still got it for under 300SP, so still way better than original price. And I got Brunch at the Old Mill for FREE also!

Happy Sunday!
    Pushin pedals and Brunch :mrgreen: for me too.

Brunch at the Old Mill / 765 / 1700 / 55% / 2 hours
    Not part of any set or compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 948)

The Brunch at the Old Mill set does not include the venue. However, the venue created by SimGuruKitty can be downloaded from the exchange here. A companion lot for Sunset Valley can be downloaded from the exchange here.

I've downloaded the venue from SimGuruKitty is the companion lot a nice extra or do I need to download that too. :D

Thanks guys! :) I am happy others were able to get it as well! <3
    TS3 Username: XxEquestrian95xX
    I became an
    "own the store" member on February 27, 2016. Thank you so much, everyone!

Do you enjoy saving SimPoints?
    If so, check out the following threads for more info
    : Free Kids Items - Animals Abound Cascade CascadesDaily Deals ( DD Spreadsheet )

NzEguYNjKIUMw.gif
  • TheStarlightSimmTheStarlightSimm Posts: 76 Member
    edited January 2016
    I'm waiting for Stones Throw Greenhouse to get on DD! I'm very very close to complete the Oh My Goth Compilation, Mid Century Fantasy, July 2011 Compilation, Fabulous Fiesta and Steampunk Kitchen. It really helps if somebody gifts me anything from my wishlist! EDIT: I'm promoted to a member now! Yay! My wishlist is now in my signature :)

Thank you :)
    My Wishlist
    77 Sets, 42 Premium content and 4 Wolrds away from owning the Store B)
  • despina53despina53 Posts: 1,654 Member
    @TheStarlightSimm - Please check your TS3 inbox ;)
    Call me Dee :p
    Proud member of the "Own The Store Club"
    despina53 wrote: »
    @TheStarlightSimm - Please check your TS3 inbox ;)

Thanks to you I just got a green download button on May 2011 Compilation and Blast From The Past Compilation!
    THANK YOU! <3<3<3
    My Wishlist
  • despina53despina53 Posts: 1,654 Member
    edited January 2016
    You're very welcome @TheStarlightSimm :smiley:

Edited to add tag :blush:
    Call me Dee :p
    Proud member of the "Own The Store Club"
  • JennyferLxJennyferLx Posts: 87 Member
    I am so glad I found this thread. Wasted some of my SimPoints in previous years, so hopefully this will save me loads.
    Cheers for bringing all this information in one place, it's brilliant! :D
    <3
  • AssirkAssirk Posts: 564 Member
    That's awesome @JennyferLx! Welcome to the forums! This is definitely a wonderful thread! <3
    The New DD Tracking Thread!!
    Cascade Thread
    Feel free to add me as a friend here: My Page! ^_^
    Welcome @JennyferLx I sent you a small hello gift from your too 5 :D
    My Thank You Thread

24q8i8w.jpg
  • Lexers615Lexers615 Posts: 1,214 Member
    edited January 2016
    @Hayley~Belle Just a suggestion, but when an item on your wishlist is on sale, move it to your top 3 position on your wishlist...
    My Studio
    My Traits: Socially Awkward / Artistic / Family Oriented / Hopelessly Romantic / Absent Minded
    Academic Trait: Adventurous
    Social Group Trait (Should I ever become "Nerd" enough): Computer Whiz
    ______
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” Will Wright
    "Anything that can go wrong will go wrong." Cpt. Edward A. Murphy Jr, USAF
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
    @Lexers615 do you mean items on the weekly sale? I'm after any suggestions lol x
    My Thank You Thread

24q8i8w.jpg
    @Lexers615 do you mean items on the weekly sale? I'm after any suggestions lol x

Yeah... Only items on the top 3 position of a wishlist can be given as gift while they are on sale...
    My Studio
    My Traits: Socially Awkward / Artistic / Family Oriented / Hopelessly Romantic / Absent Minded
    ______
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” Will Wright
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
    edited January 2016
    I thought items on sale couldn't be gifted at all?

EDIT: They can be, but it would be full price right?
    I became an

: Free Kids Items - Animals Abound Cascade CascadesDaily Deals ( DD Spreadsheet )

NzEguYNjKIUMw.gif
    @Lexers615 oh wow I never knew that. I have some bits on that are part of sets that are on sale does the same apply?!
    My Thank You Thread

24q8i8w.jpg
    I just bought Stones Throw Greenhouse and got the whole Best of 2012 and January 2012 Compilations for free!! And I'm just 95 Simpoints away from April 2012 Compilation! All thanks to this thread <3
    My Wishlist
    Franny wrote: »
    I thought items on sale couldn't be gifted at all?

EDIT: They can be, but it would be full price right?

Top 3 wishlist items (the ones showing on your profile) on sale used to be able to be given as gift for the discounted price, but I've just been charged full price... Looks like it has changed as well, sorry for misleading you guys...
    My Studio
    ______
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
    edited January 2016
    Congrats @TheStarlightSimm X

@Franny I hope it wasn't at full price because the lovely @Lexers615 just gifted me the Multitab 6000. Thank you so much I had it way down on my list with the intention on getting it before the change over on Wednesday, thank you so much xxx

Edited

Oh really sorry you had to pay full price. Grrrr that's really mean, what a shame they changed it
    My Thank You Thread

24q8i8w.jpg
  • JennyferLxJennyferLx Posts: 87 Member
    edited January 2016
    Wow! Thank you so much @Hayley~Belle & @Franny
    <3
    @Hayley~Belle Unfortunately, yeah, I was charged full price... I dont mind much about the lost discount, but this change (most likely with the last changes to thesims3.com store) without telling us really plums me off...
    My Studio
    ______
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
    edited January 2016
    Lexers615 wrote: »
    @Hayley~Belle Unfortunately, yeah, I was charged full price... I dont mind much about the lost discount, but this change (most likely with the last changes to thesims3.com store) without telling us really plums me off...

Yes I can imagine, mmmmm I think I shall be reconsidering putting big sale items on my wish list and put reminders on my phone instead!! Not nice paying over the odds!! I've tagged you in my thank you thread I have chocolate hobnobs over there :)
    My Thank You Thread

24q8i8w.jpg
    That's unfortunate. When I read Lexers' statement I was like "Huh? That's not what I have been told." At one point I guess people had the opportunity to gift sale items, but that must've been way before I came on the forums.
    I became an

NzEguYNjKIUMw.gif
    JennyferLx wrote: »
    Wow! Thank you so much @Hayley~Belle & @Franny

You're welcome! <3
    I became an

NzEguYNjKIUMw.gif

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top