Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Daily Deal (DD) 2018 Rotation List and Sales Help

Comments

• elphieluvrelphieluvr Posts: 119 Member
    @neenahhh Sorry to hear about that, it's so frustrating especially to miss those deals that only occur once in the rotation. I also missed the March 2011 deal, but I wasn't likely to get a green download on it anyway, so I tried not to be to disappointed.

Oh wow, today is @wittanthony1's birthday? We're practically twins haha. Happy birthday!
    I'm Leila, but I also answer to Elphie.
    Wishlist
  • Dame_Judi_DenchDame_Judi_Dench Posts: 55 Member
    ZeeGee wrote: »
    @JoeJude16 Oh I think if you're on Mac you won't have 1.69. Players on Mac, Steam and who have all the discs are safe :)

So here's a question... maybe someone has already tried this... I have a Mac and a PC and play only on the PC. I have only one expansion from Origin and everything else on disc. That one expansion means I have to update to 1.69. If I download my expansion on the Mac can I then somehow transfer it to the PC?? Maybe that is a really stupid question since maybe I'd have to re-buy that expansion for Mac or something (don't know how anything Sims works on a Mac seeing as how I'm not really a fan of using my Mac for much). Just curious if anyone knows.
  • Jude525Jude525 Posts: 1,699 Member
    Ok, first, Happy Birthday Jennifer ( @wittanthony1 )

Second, I picked up Homecoming Monday, but fell asleep early and missed Grimm's. It isn't high on my list, but at that price I definitely would have grabbed it. It doesn't really fit my playing style and even the building components hold little appeal for me. But if ads keep coming I'll pay full price at some point rather than wait until the next rotation. Yesterday I picked up March 2011, which only got me Street Couture, which I had no real desire for, but for free... Most clothing sets don't matter to me. The same as the myriad of individual outfits, which is why owning the store is no longer a big deal. I have made my own version of the Wish List tab in the spreadsheet that lists every set available in the store and I hide the sets as I buy them. The list is getting very short indeed.

Finally, @Dame_Judi_Dench , all discs and Origin purchases are bi. They can be installed/run on either Mac or PC. This applies to purchases made directly from Origin or codes purchased elsewhere and redeemed on Origin. I don't know if Steam runs the same way. Actually, they can be installed on both systems at the same time, although I've only done that once using Bootcamp. So it may be reading the CPU ID and seeing that it is the same hardware. I'm not sure.

I've heard that your game can be installed on up to 5 or 6 systems. This is supported by the fact that uninstalling the game mentions deregistering the game and I'm pretty sure I've seen it mention how many machines could be registered. I do know that it can only running on one at a time. Which I interpret as run online on only one at a time since they have no way of monitoring it otherwise. And I REALLY need to notice later which version runs on the Mac; 1.67 or 1.69. As I've stated before, the Mac let's me choose whether to run from Origin client or from the Launcher. Only advantage I've seen for running from Origin is that it tracks how many hours I play. Not really a big advantage.
    aka Jude
    I own the store as of 1+7/17/17

My Studio

My build thread in the Creative Corner
  • ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,356 Member
    @JoeJude16 I don't know anything about Macs but this is a copy and paste of an igazor post on the update thread: "Steam has its own update mechanism. Players on Steam installs do not get the new Patch 1.69, nor do those on the Mac version of the game. It's delivered through Origin for Windows only."

@Dame_Judi_Dench I don't know if you could download to Mac and then transfer to Windows. Maybe someone else will know that.
    OK, this deserves a separate post. My name is JUDE. Joe was my ex-husband. We shared this account when we played Sims side by side. As some of you know, EA doesn't let you change old account names. Apparently you can change them if they were created under Origin, but mine goes back before that.

I'm seriously considering creating a new ID. Not so much to avoid the name confusion as for the closure.

I've been divorced for several years. It was an amicable divorce. We stayed "friends" but at this point we have tapered off to no contact. One of my sisters is still friends with him, and will drop updates about him into conversation. My next step is to tell her I really don't want to know what he is up to.

If I create a new ID I start as a New Member. I lose my badges, etc. I know it sounds silly, but I like that I've earned them by being part of this community. But, then, I'm active enough that I guess I'd earn them back quickly enough.

I think writing this I've realized that I have already decided. I'll post shortly with my new ID. Hope you all remember to Like and Awesome my posts so that I can regain Member status quickly.
    aka Jude

My Studio

@ZeeGee thanks for that. It makes sense.

Also, as I was writing my previous post about my User ID change I realized that my ex-husband and I played on the same account side by side for years with disc installation. We would use the No Disc hack do get around the problem of otherwise having to boot from the same disc. He on a Mac and me on Windows. This was pre-Origin, so I don't know if that changed. But it's something.
    aka Jude

My Studio

• Taw3001Taw3001 Posts: 344 Member
    JoeJude16 wrote: »
    OK, this deserves a separate post. My name is JUDE. Joe was my ex-husband. We shared this account when we played Sims side by side. As some of you know, EA doesn't let you change old account names. Apparently you can change them if they were created under Origin, but mine goes back before that.

I'm seriously considering creating a new ID. Not so much to avoid the name confusion as for the closure.

I've been divorced for several years. It was an amicable divorce. We stayed "friends" but at this point we have tapered off to no contact. One of my sisters is still friends with him, and will drop updates about him into conversation. My next step is to tell her I really don't want to know what he is up to.

If I create a new ID I start as a New Member. I lose my badges, etc. I know it sounds silly, but I like that I've earned them by being part of this community. But, then, I'm active enough that I guess I'd earn them back quickly enough.

I think writing this I've realized that I have already decided. I'll post shortly with my new ID. Hope you all remember to Like and Awesome my posts so that I can regain Member status quickly.

You might want to contact one of the SimGrues (EA) and see if they can change your ID. I have seen other post that some were able to do that. If so your might not have to loose everything you have done.
    edited December 2016
    How do I locate a SimGuru? I've tried Customer Service, which is where I was told my account was too old, but I'm willing to try something else before giving up.

EDIT: I did a search and found someone suggested @SimGuruDrake, so I've PM'd them with my request. We'll see what happens. Thanks @Taw3001
    aka Jude

My Studio

• MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    @JoeJude16 Sim Guru Drake changed my forum name. Took a few days but I expected as such as she seems very busy! Hope you get yours changed.
  • despina53despina53 Posts: 1,654 Member
    @JoeJude16 - Yes, Jude, SimGuruDrake or SimStaffBethelle will change your username for you. This being the holiday season, give them a little extra time to accomplish it ;)
    Call me Dee :p
    Proud member of the "Own The Store Club"
  • Me1620Me1620 Posts: 4,996 Member
    edited December 2016
    OK, this deserves a separate post. My name is JUDE.

@joejude16 - :( I corrected my post. And your name is even clearly in your signature. Sorry.

a.k.a. - Jodi and a link to My Page on the Sims 3 website

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
    @Me1620 there's no need to apologize. It's just something that's come up a few times.
    aka Jude

My Studio

@ajaxpost and @jovialjoy, I'm trying not to binge the whole season of Man in the High Castle, but every episode ends with a cliff hanger! It's killing me!
    aka Jude

My Studio

• elphieluvrelphieluvr Posts: 119 Member
    Whoa, the forums are all wonky. Did EA announce they'd be working on the message boards today, or is this a surprise? (I basically only check this thread, so idk if an official announcement was made.)

So I could have sworn I already owned the nautical living set, but it had a green button on the DD. I got it for free with the deal + CYS, but it's so strange since I thought I had it haha.
    I'm Leila, but I also answer to Elphie.
    Wishlist
  • mycami21mycami21 Posts: 752 Member
    Yea!!!! I just got a green download for Nautical Living. If I would have waited 15 more minute before I checked the store I would have missed it.
    Daily Deal Thread
    What Happened in your game today? 1000 plus pages strong.

Pictures and descriptions of the Clue characters and of Boddy mansion I created can be found here

Stephen and Sakura's Werewolf/building challenge

My Studio
  • ajaxpostajaxpost Posts: 4,200 Member
    @ajaxpost and @jovialjoy, I'm trying not to binge the whole season of Man in the High Castle, but every episode ends with a cliff hanger! It's killing me!
    Oh yes, I hear your pain! :)

I had a couple of days 'free' before heading off to see the family and was going to use it to finish up the judging on the 'Vice Den' competition but having mentioned TMITHC and that I'd only watched the first few episodes I decided to catch up on season 1 instead! :no_mouth:

Not quite finished yet, just three episodes to go I think ... and then season 2!!

I did this back in the day, buying the DVD box sets of Stargate SG1 or Star Trek TNG and because each episode is only 40 minutes long without all the ad breaks it was just too easy "oh, just one more little episode" and before I knew it the whole day was gone! :naughty:

Anyway ...

I hope everyone had a most enjoyable Christmas and that you were able to share it with the people you love most. :smiley:

And congrats to all the stalwart deal stalkers bagging great deals over the festive period. :+1:

• JovialJoyJovialJoy Posts: 251 Member
    edited December 2016
    Just wanted to pop in. I got married last night! (Wedding announcement on the forums; is that weird?) So I might not be around as much, but I'm thinking of all of you! <3 And I'm going to break the rules...

ae07RV.jpg
    My Top Five | My Wishlist

If you aren't already stalking the Daily Deals, you should be! Visit these threads to get Store items and Sets with the greatest possible discounts:
    DAILY DEAL (DD) ROTATION AND SALES HELP
    CASCADES & DAILY DEALS- GETTING THE BEST BANG FOR YOUR SP
    FREE ITEMS FROM "THE SIMS 3 STORE"
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Congratulations @JovialJoy! I hope you have a wonderful life together!
  • angeljess26angeljess26 Posts: 2,400 Member
    @JovialJoy congrats
    As of April 24th 2015 I joined the own the store club. Thank you to those who helped in my journey.
    DD spreadsheet

Studio
  • ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,356 Member
    @JovialJoy Congratulations! You're beautiful! Best wishes for a long happy life together.
    @jovialJoy congratulations!!!! What a great way to start the new year!
    aka Jude

My Studio

It was so weird to sign off with the Nautical Living DD on screen and sign on with it there just now. I thought the site had gone wonky on us. AGAIN! Then I remembered that these deals used to actually run for a day, so it isn't all that weird. Although I still think it odd that they would run it twice so close in the rotation.
    aka Jude

My Studio

• rnrameyrnramey Posts: 3,086 Member
    @JovialJoy Congratulations! Hope you have a long and happy marriage!
    Call me Regina. My Page Proud member of the "Own the store" club! :D

If you aren't already stalking the Daily Deals, you should be! Visit these threads to get Store items and Sets with the greatest possible discounts:
    DAILY DEAL (DD) ROTATION AND SALES HELP
    CASCADES & DAILY DEALS- GETTING THE BEST BANG FOR YOUR SP
    FREE ITEMS FROM "THE SIMS 3 STORE"
  • HoplassHoplass Posts: 369 Member
    Congratulations @JovialJoy !!!
  • Cadh20000Cadh20000 Posts: 730 Member
    Congratulations @JovialJoy !
    My current Wishlist.
    My "Studio"

b736bb84-7241-48b2-94de-d977df09cdb3.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list