Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Daily Deal (DD) 2018 Rotation List and Sales Help

Comments

• ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,355 Member
    @JoeJude16 Wow, how long have you got?! There's a thread in the general where a simguru posted they were doing a 'small update' and if you go through reading that it will tell the whole story of all the problems it caused for people. But basically 1.69 ties you to Origin. You have to use Origin to open your game and it runs in the background while you're playing. This was causing lag and crashing for some people. Also for a lot of us who use the TS3W shortcut to open our games instead of going through the launcher, it was disastrous because the shortcut would no longer work. The only way to use that shortcut now is to have everything on disc (if you need to reinstall). 1.69 also broke CAW, but I understand they have fixed that since.

When the patch first came out there was a workaround to get your EPs and SPs installed from Origin if you had the pre 2012 game, but of course, they patched that so it's no longer possible. If you bought anything on Origin the only way to access it is to patch to 1.69 now.

My big issue with it is that using the launcher to open your game doubles the content in your dccache file by creating .tmp copy files of every file in there, which makes the game laggy and slow (imagine 26 ebc files of 200,000 kb doubled). You can delete those .tmp files when you are done playing but if you launch through the launcher again, they come right back.
  • simgeek79simgeek79 Posts: 2,173 Member
    Just popping in to say hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas :kissing_heart:
    I now Own the Store!!...Thank you to everyone who helped me get here <3

Are u new to the Store? Then check out: the Daily Deal Thread
    - Cascades & Daily Deals & Love Kids Stuff? Check this out!
  • Jude525Jude525 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Thank you @Taw3001 and @ZeeGee. Apparently this does not quite apply to my Mac. I am able to launch the game directly without opening Origin. Also, the few mods I run have no problem. I think I've mentioned somewhere else that when I install anything from Origin it temporarily downloads a disk image for the EP or SP, which I've found I'm able to burn to disc. I haven't tested it yet, but I may be able to install from these images, since they are presumably updated. I will have to try it out if I ever get the legendary PC up and running.
    aka Jude
    I own the store as of 1+7/17/17

My Studio

My build thread in the Creative Corner
  • angeljess26angeljess26 Posts: 2,400 Member
    @simgeek79 hope you had a great Christmas / holidays
    As of April 24th 2015 I joined the own the store club. Thank you to those who helped in my journey.
    DD spreadsheet

Studio
  • Nomiko13Nomiko13 Posts: 1,497 Member
    edited December 2016
    Woohoo~ Was able to get 'Homecoming' set for 45 simpoints because the mash of DD and CYS (:
    sims_313.png
    ▼add/follow▼
    ●【youtube】【 sims 3 page】【gallery】●

mario_10.jpg
    ●|| free items | daily deals | cascades |thank you ||●
    ▲still waiting on sims 4 generations▲
    ▶owner of the store since 9/21/2017◀
  • neenahhhneenahhh Posts: 130 Member
    edited December 2016
    Managed to get Viva Las Vegas Living today. :smiley:

Waiting for Grim's Ghastly, but got a flight scheduled in an hour. Here's to hoping I manage to get it in time, I guess. :sweat_smile:

Is it just me or have ads been appearing less and less? I used to be able to get them at any time and farm SPs with no problem, but now looks like they only appear for me in the morning or when I'm on mobile...
    JoeJude16 wrote: »
    @AuraKnight, we can't access any online content from the BBC here in the US. It blocks us based on our IP address. I've heard of faking an IP address, but never tried it. As long as my cable carrier keeps providing me with a loophole I'm good.

You mean a VPN? :) I think there are free ones that could help you out easily, esp. if you're from the US. But good to hear your cable carrier's allowing you to watch still.

Where I'm from, none of the channels broadcast Doctor Who and VPNs don't always work 100% so I'm stuck to torrent downloads and/or streaming online from less than legal websites..
    Hi, I'm Nina! | WishlistTop 5 | Currently on a mission | Daily DealsCascades
    o02kvr.png
    "You've turned out to be the first doctor ever actually to make a difference to my life."
    @neenahhh sponsors change all the being close to the end of the year some sponsors may have finished up and they maybe waiting for new sponsers to start. This of course is just a guess
    As of April 24th 2015 I joined the own the store club. Thank you to those who helped in my journey.
    DD spreadsheet

Studio
  • JovialJoyJovialJoy Posts: 251 Member
    edited December 2016
    Just wanted to share with you guys that I received my last non-cash world from @Taw3001 through @wittanthony1's 25 Days of Christmas lotto. Thank you again! I'm probably annoying you two with how much I've thanked you. :D But I've now only a handful of sets left to pick up on the DD, and then all of those single items. So that world marked a giant step toward owning the Store!

And @elphieluvr, I'm so sorry about your computer mishaps!

Hope everyone had a great Christmas. For me, it's the third night of Chanukkah! And I realized I love hot sauce, mixed with sour cream, on my latkes. Yum!
    Post edited by JovialJoy on
    My Top Five | My Wishlist

If you aren't already stalking the Daily Deals, you should be! Visit these threads to get Store items and Sets with the greatest possible discounts:
    DAILY DEAL (DD) ROTATION AND SALES HELP
    CASCADES & DAILY DEALS- GETTING THE BEST BANG FOR YOUR SP
    FREE ITEMS FROM "THE SIMS 3 STORE"
  • ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,355 Member
    @JoeJude16 Oh I think if you're on Mac you won't have 1.69. Players on Mac, Steam and who have all the discs are safe :)
    @neenahhh sponsors change all the being close to the end of the year some sponsors may have finished up and they maybe waiting for new sponsers to start. This of course is just a guess

Ooh yeah that does make sense..
    JovialJoy wrote: »
    Hope everyone had a great Christmas. For me, it's the third night of Chanukkah! And I realized I love hot sauce, mixed with sour cream, on my latkes. Yum!

Aw must be great to have more than one day of celebration! Hope you and your family's enjoying Chanukkah. :smile:
    o02kvr.png
    "You've turned out to be the first doctor ever actually to make a difference to my life."
  • kellycot1kellycot1 Posts: 2,226 Member
    @angeljess26 – thanks! Christmas was wonderful, as we got just enough rain to keep the heat away. I heard that it got very hot down your way. Hope that wasn't too awful and that you managed to have a great Christmas! :smile:

@despina53 – hi, Dee! Santa was even better than usual this year. It certainly helped that my boyfriend and mother both have impeccable taste! :wink: Hope Santa was good to you, too, and that you weren't buried in snow like so much of the US this past week!
    a.k.a. Erin
    Check out The Simdex—my PDF guide to all of the Sims 3 Store content (last updated September 2015)
  • wittanthony1wittanthony1 Posts: 1,929 Member
    JovialJoy wrote: »
    Just wanted to share with you guys that I received my last non-cash world from @Taw3001 through @wittanthony1 25 Days of Christmas lotto. Thank you again! I'm probably annoying you two with how much I've thanked you. :D But I've now only a handful of sets left to pick up on the DD, and then all of those single items. So that world marked a giant step toward owning the Store!

And @elphieluvr, I'm so sorry about your computer mishaps!

I'm not annoyed by you thanking us. Glad we could help. :smiley:
  • despina53despina53 Posts: 1,654 Member
    @kellycot1 - We were supposed to have our family gift exchange on the 17th but had to postpone due to a snowstorm that dumped 9 inches in a little over 24 hours that weekend. Now we're getting together this Saturday, New Year's Eve. Guess what the weatherman said - yep, more snow! Hopefully it'll be a LOT less :mrgreen:
    Call me Dee :p
    Proud member of the "Own The Store Club"
  • elphieluvrelphieluvr Posts: 119 Member
    I also got several things I needed in the lotto, thanks to @wittanthony1!

I'm bummed though, I missed the DD for Homecoming because I was at the theatre tonight. Trying to decide if I should wait until next rotation, or just get it on deal #32. Got Grim's Ghastly Manor though! Only a handful of venues left to acquire.
    I'm Leila, but I also answer to Elphie.
    Wishlist
    @kellycot1 glad to hear you had a good Christmas. It got to about 40C (104F) here in the afternoon.
    DD spreadsheet

Studio
  • Me1620Me1620 Posts: 4,983 Member
    Here is the list for the current deal and the upcoming deals for the next 24 hours

Current Deal
    18 ) Cupid's Locket / 41 / 75 / 45% / 2 hours
    Part of: Victorian Fashions
    This is the only time the item is offered on the DD

Upcoming Deals
    19 ) Enchanted Bundle of Dark Dealings / 750 / 1823 / 59% / 2 hours
    Not part of any other set or compilation, but shares many items with More Magic!, January 2012 Compilation, Best of 2012 Compilation
    Includes: The Soothsayer's Crystal Ball Set
    Repeat Deal: This is the least expensive price for this item (Less than # 112)

20 ) March 2011 Compilation / 1200 / 2862 / 58% / 2 hours
    Not part of any set or compilation
    Includes: Street Couture; Through the Spy Glass Bathroom; Futureshock Living

21 ) Leather luxury chair / 40 / 102 / 61 % / 2 hours
    Part of: The Coffee Bean Hipster Loft

22 ) Bountiful Bows Dress / 43 / 51 / 16% / 2 hours
    Part of: Street Couture; March 2011 Compilation

23 ) Neapolitan Underclothes / 32 / 68 / 53% / 2 hours
    Part of: Luxe Loungewear; Indulgent Living + Luxe Loungewear

24 ) Grand Estate Gate / 11 / 17 / 35% / 2 hours
    Part of: Full Regal Living Set

25 ) Steampunk Kitchen- Teaquinology Enjoyulator / 14 / 25 / 44% / 2 hours
    Part of: Steampunk Kitchen; New Year, New Kitchen!; January 2012 Compilation

26 ) Porcelain Tub / 30 / 54 / 44% / 2 hours
    Part of: Storybook Bathroom Set; Full Storybook Set; Make a Wish Compilation

27 ) Mid-Century Fantasy / 672 / 1296 / 48% / 2 hours Part of: Blast From the Past Compilation; May 2011 Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (Less than # 37 & # 723 but more than # 169)

28 ) Mother Russia / 665 / 1900 / 65% / 2 hours
    Not part of any other set or compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (Less than # 798 but more than # 449)
    Note: You can download the Mother Russia buildings seen in the set's photo from SimGuruCopeland's Studio

29 ) Steampunk Kitchen- Professor Langston's Macro and Micro Waves Cooker / 36 / 68 / 47% / 2 hours
    Part of: Steampunk Kitchen; New Year, New Kitchen!; January 2012 Compilation

30 ) Stylin' Saggy / 32 / 75 / 57% / 2 hours
    Part of: Wretched Threads; Front Row Center Bedroom + Wretched Threads
    a.k.a. - Jodi and a link to My Page on the Sims 3 website

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
    edited December 2016
    I want to thank @JoeJude16 for joining the DD spreadsheet. Jude will be helping us update the main DD spreadsheet.

Edit - My apologies to @JoeJude16 for using your wrong name.
    Post edited by Me1620 on

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
  • rnrameyrnramey Posts: 3,063 Member
    Happy Birthday Jennifer @wittanthony1! Hope you a great one. you deserve it! :cookie:
    Call me Regina. My Page Proud member of the "Own the store" club! :D

If you aren't already stalking the Daily Deals, you should be! Visit these threads to get Store items and Sets with the greatest possible discounts:
    rnramey wrote: »
    Happy Birthday Jennifer @wittanthony1! Hope you a great one. you deserve it! :cookie:

Thank you @rnramey!
  • JovialJoyJovialJoy Posts: 251 Member
    edited December 2016
    Yay! Just picked up the Enchanted Bundle of Dark Dealings for free with the Daily Deal, and that in turn gave me green "Download" buttons for both the Best of 2012 Compilation and the January 2012 Compilation! :mrgreen: All and all, what I actually got for free was the Malleable Mimic Voodoo Doll, The Soothsayers Crystal Ball Set, and the Stones Throw Greenhouse--the last of which I've been longing for! :love: And this wouldn't have been possible without the gift I received from @JoeJude16! <3 So thank you again!

But wait, there's more...

Right afterward, I picked up the March 2011 Compilation for free with the Daily Deal! And that gave me Street Couture and most of the items from the Through the Spy Glass Bathroom for free. :hushed: And that last set, in combination with picking up the Daily Deal tomorrow for Drifter's Desire, will give me a greater Complete Your Set discount for the Fortune's Folly Compilation! :joy:

Any Bobs or Bettys around these parts: this is why you combine the infromation from @LadybugLeslie's Cascades thread with stalking the Daily Deals here in this thread! :sunglasses: And if I'd learned about this sooner, I'd have gotten even more content than what I did for free.
    My Top Five | My Wishlist

• despina53despina53 Posts: 1,654 Member
    @wittanthony1 - Happy Birthday, Jennifer! :smiley: [ Guess I'll have to try and get on here earlier if I want to beat Regina @rnramey :p ]
    Call me Dee :p
    Proud member of the "Own The Store Club"
    despina53 wrote: »
    @wittanthony1 - Happy Birthday, Jennifer! :smiley: [ Guess I'll have to try and get on here earlier if I want to beat Regina @rnramey :p ]

Thank you! :blush:
    @wittanthony1 - Happy Birthday. I hope you had a wonderful day.

@JovialJoy - Excellent cascading. Enjoy all the new content. The greenhouse is a great addition to the game.

@wittanthony1 Happy birthday
    DD spreadsheet

Studio
    I missed Grim's Ghastly and slept through my 3 am alarm for March 2011 and woke up 7 minutes after it ended :disappointed: I'll have to pick them up during their next rotation. Sleep has me captive hahaha :sleeping:

Happy happy birthday @wittanthony1! I hope you enjoy your day :blush:
    o02kvr.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top