Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Daily Deal (DD) 2018 Rotation List and Sales Help

Comments

• JovialJoyJovialJoy Posts: 251 Member
    edited December 2016
    mycami21 wrote: »
    I was fortunate enough to get Sunlit Tides the last time it came on DD. I had to get up early to get but it was worth it.

Were you already tracking the DDs back then? By happenstance, I was able to pick up the Green Deal for Lullabies and Nursery Rhymes before I started tracking the DD. However, I paid more than I could have for other sets ... and full price for some. But I did try to wait for things to come up the DD, MMAO (before it broke), or the sale page at an affordable price; I had this sort of unspoken rule that I didn't want to pay more than 52% of the original price. Sometimes I was just too eager to acquire a set to abide by it!

Glad to hear you were able to pick it up today and farm enough points for some of the other things you want. :smile:

Yaaas! I had to be so tight with my SPs to pull this off though. And it was really hard to do. But I'd farmed some points on the alt account (shhh) I'd created in an attempt to troubleshoot Site problems (before I realized it was totally out of my control), and that kept me from having to altogether put a halt to my gift-giving.

(Under my alt account, MMAO works. But I don't want to take advantage of any deals with it because I don't just want the items in my game--I want them actually registered with my primary account.)

It's also lead me to some theories on how the ads are dispensed, and why some people seem to get more than others. I'm pretty sure they give more ads to people who sign up as "male." And I've noticed that it's usually guys who talk about farming a large sum of SimPoints. (However I don't know if they're registered with the site by their gender.) I'm guessing that's because men are much less likely to play the game, so a marketing strategy is to essentially give them more points, which allows them to get more content, and potentially pique their interest in the game.

(But I'm also thinking IPs work into this somehow...)

So while that "male" account seems to receive ads in plenty, I receive far less. I've been scrounging my points together for probably the last three weeks. And if my CYS hadn't been so low the previous two, I wouldn't have seen success this week.
    My Top Five | My Wishlist

If you aren't already stalking the Daily Deals, you should be! Visit these threads to get Store items and Sets with the greatest possible discounts:
    DAILY DEAL (DD) ROTATION AND SALES HELP
    CASCADES & DAILY DEALS- GETTING THE BEST BANG FOR YOUR SP
    FREE ITEMS FROM "THE SIMS 3 STORE"
  • mycami21mycami21 Posts: 752 Member
    JovialJoy wrote: »
    I was fortunate enough to get Sunlit Tides the last time it came on DD. I had to get up early to get but it was worth it.

Were you already tracking the DDs back then? By happenstance, I was able to pick up the Green Deal for Lullabies and Nursery Rhymes before I started tracking the DD. However, I paid more than I could have for other sets ... and full price for some. But I did try to wait for things to come up the DD, MMAO (before it broke), or the sale page at an affordable price; I had this sort of unspoken rule that I didn't want to pay more than 52% of the original price. Sometimes I was just too eager to acquire a set to abide by it!

I think I had just found this thread not to long before it came up again. I tend to be very shy and quiet until I get to know someone then I'm more likely to feel comfortable enough to chime in. (I guess it goes back to my childhood, but, that's a long story) I too had bought several things at full price that if I had discovered this thread earlier I could have gotten for less. So thank you @Me1620 and everyone that has worked so hard putting this list together. It has been a HUGE help I would not have been able to get as much as I have if it wasn't for you.

It's also lead me to some theories on how the ads are dispensed, and why some people seem to get more than others. I'm pretty sure they give more ads to people who sign up as "male." And I've noticed that it's usually guys who talk about farming a large sum of SimPoints. (However I don't know if they're registered with the site by their gender.) I'm guessing that's because men are much less likely to play the game, so a marketing strategy is to essentially give them more points, which allows them to get more content, and potentially pique their interest in the game.

Very interesting theory. It will be nice to hear from all of the guys here to see how many have gotten a lot of points.
    (But I'm also thinking IPs work into this somehow...)

Also very probable. I know with another site me and my guy use to frequent (We played hidden object games there) We were on different servers and things usually showed up better for me.

Daily Deal Thread
    What Happened in your game today? 1000 plus pages strong.

Pictures and descriptions of the Clue characters and of Boddy mansion I created can be found here

Stephen and Sakura's Werewolf/building challenge

My Studio
  • Me1620Me1620 Posts: 4,994 Member
    Merry Christmas and Chag Sameach (that is happy holidays in transliteration of Hebrew).
    @Me1620 imperial bedroom zen started at 6 minutes past the hour with a total time of 2:00:17. O bandeau had like 20 seconds remaining on the clock too.

@angeljess26 - I also found I would refresh before the end of the deal and the next deal was up and with more than 2 hours on the clock.
    a.k.a. - Jodi and a link to My Page on the Sims 3 website

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
  • elphieluvrelphieluvr Posts: 119 Member
    Due to a disastrous failure with my PC over here on the west coast, I am sitting here redownloading ALL of my Sims 3 games and expansions. v.v Merry Christmas to me.

Yay for everyone who got Sunlit Tides! I already had it because I bought at full price before I knew about DD. :| I hope everyone who still needed it managed to snag it.
    I'm Leila, but I also answer to Elphie.
    Wishlist
  • JovialJoyJovialJoy Posts: 251 Member
    Me1620 wrote: »
    Chag Sameach (that is happy holidays in transliteration of Hebrew).

Aw! Chag Sameach! How did you know?

I've been annoying everyone in my household with this song for the past week:

Oh Chanukah, Oh Chanukah
    Come light the Menorah
    Let's have a party
    We'll all dance the Horah

Gather around the table
    I’ll give you a treat
    Sevivon to play with
    And latkes to eat

And while we are playing
    The candles are burning low
    One for each night
    They shed a sweet light
    To remind us of days long ago
    My Top Five | My Wishlist

If you aren't already stalking the Daily Deals, you should be! Visit these threads to get Store items and Sets with the greatest possible discounts:
    DAILY DEAL (DD) ROTATION AND SALES HELP
    CASCADES & DAILY DEALS- GETTING THE BEST BANG FOR YOUR SP
    FREE ITEMS FROM "THE SIMS 3 STORE"
    edited December 2016
    Sorry, we haven't posted the list of current and upcoming deals for a few pages.

This list includes the end of the 10th DD rotation and the beginning of the 11th rotation.

Deal 1 is still under the old limited quantities that was in place for the previous DD list and all others before. You will see the percent claimed rise a lot faster than for any other deal.

This list includes the only appearance of the Last Venue of Amore. If you miss this deal, it will come up in 82 days. Also included is the least expensive and most expensive DD price for Grim's Ghastly Manor. (If you can wait until Dec. 27th between 5:06 AM and 7:06 AM UTC, you can get it for 494 sp instead of 912 sp.)

The list also includes two green sets, Viva Las Vegas Living and Homecoming.

Current Deal
    974 ) Tight Tee / 44 / 75 / 41% / 2 hours
    Part of: Runway Riot
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 262)

Upcoming Deals
    975 ) Grim's Ghastly Manor / 912 / 1900 / 52% / 2 hours
    Not part of any other set or compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 13, # 322)

976 ) Retronator Stove / 32 / 70 / 54% / 2 hours
    Part of: Regal Living Kitchen Set; Full Regal Living Set
    This is the only time the item is offered on the DD

977 ) Steampunk Kitchen- Spring Locked In Lantern Terrarium / 11 / 25 / 56% / 2 hours
    Part of: Steampunk Kitchen; New Year, New Kitchen!; January 2012 Compilation

End of DD Rotation

1 ) Vineyard Villa Furnishings / 324 / 810 / 60% / 2 hours
    Part of: October 2011 Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 397, but less than # 353 & # 44)

2 ) Last Venue of Amore / 800 / 1900 / 58% / 2 hours

3 ) Adventurous Life! / 640 / 2000 / 68% / 2 hours
    Part of: World Inspiration Compilation
    Includes: Safari Living Set; Africa Inspiration Collection
    Safari Living Set and Adventurous Life! are not available for CYS discount BUT World
    Inspiration Compilation
    is.
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 585 but less than # 570 & # 132 )

4 ) The Insulator / 25 / 81 / 69% / 2 hours
    Part of: Ultra Lounge Outdoor Set; Full Ultra Lounge Set; Ultra Lounge 2010; Best of 2010 Collection

5 ) Fit for a Queen / 55 / 85 / 35% / 2 hours
    Part of: Tutor of Tudors; April 2013 Compilation

6 ) Gateway Lounge Chair / 57 / 81 / 30% / 2 hours
    Part of: Sun, Surf & Sand (Sleep); Sun, Surf & Sand (Swim + Sleep)

7 ) Zippy sweater / 22 / 75 / 71% / 2 hours
    Part of: Runway Riot

8 ) Glitter and Glam + Diva and Divo / 516 / 798 / 35% / 2 hours
    Includes: Glitter and Glam Bedroom; Diva and Divo
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 72 less than # 647)

9 ) Edwardian Expression Kitchen- Classy Clean Dishwasher / 39 / 81 / 52% / 2 hours
    Part of: Edwardian Expression Kitchen Set; New Year, New Kitchen!; January 2012 Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 787)

10 ) Viva Las Vegas Living/ / 493 / 1175 / 58% / 2 hours
    Part of: September 2011 Compilation; Go All In Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is the least expensive price for this item (Less than # 297)

11 ) Homecoming / 779 / 1900 / 59% / 2 hours
    Repeat Deal: This is the least expensive price for this item (Less than # 32 & # 502)

12 ) Vest, Shirt & Tie / 34/ 75 / 55% / 2 hours
    Individual item; not part of any set

13 ) Grim's Ghastly Manor / 494 / 1900 / 74% / 2 hours
    Repeat Deal: This is the least expensive price for this item (Less than # 322 & # 975)

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
    edited December 2016
    Deal Duration Update

Deal 975 for Grim's Ghastly Manor started with 2:00:10 duration. However, Tight Tee refreshed automatically with 10 seconds on the clock. If all upcoming deals turn over by carrying over the extra time, then the deal start times could become constant again. (Edit - constant as in all deals starting at 7 minutes after the hour. Aww, you know what I mean.)
    Post edited by Me1620 on

• AuraKnightAuraKnight Posts: 115 Member
    Got Sunlit Tides, bought Hidden Springs, now on exactly zero store points with everything bought. Only things left are gold versions of Lucky Palms and Sunlit Tides and the cash worlds.

Thanks to all for help given!
  • WallinWallin Posts: 2,243 Member
    Hi all :D Just stopping by to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas!

Hope you get some good Sims deals :)
    @Wallin - Merry Christmas David. :)

• Lexers615Lexers615 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Merry Christmas / Happy Holidays everyone!
    My Studio
    My Traits: Socially Awkward / Artistic / Family Oriented / Hopelessly Romantic / Absent Minded
    Academic Trait: Adventurous
    Social Group Trait (Should I ever become "Nerd" enough): Computer Whiz
    ______
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” Will Wright
    "Anything that can go wrong will go wrong." Cpt. Edward A. Murphy Jr, USAF
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
  • despina53despina53 Posts: 1,654 Member
    Hope you had a Merry Christmas, David ( @Wallin ) :smiley:
    Call me Dee :p
    Proud member of the "Own The Store Club"
  • elphieluvrelphieluvr Posts: 119 Member
    @Me1620 Aww, thanks for the gift! I just finished reinstalling the games, so now I get to redownload all my store content.
    I'm Leila, but I also answer to Elphie.
    Wishlist
  • kellycot1kellycot1 Posts: 2,226 Member
    I'm a little late for my timezone (we are well into our Boxing Day public holiday by now!), but I wanted to wish all my beloved DD stalking friends a very happy Snowflake Day for today/yesterday! I know I don't post as often as I should, but I still lurk and am hoping for all the best for each of you with studies, job hunts, families, etc. :smile:
    a.k.a. Erin
    Check out The Simdex—my PDF guide to all of the Sims 3 Store content (last updated September 2015)
    edited December 2016
    The new rotation has begun.

@elphieluvr - You are welcome. I hope you are following Ciane's method for reinstalling your store content.

• angeljess26angeljess26 Posts: 2,400 Member
    Wallin wrote: »
    Hi all :D Just stopping by to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas!
    Hope you get some good Sims deals :)
    @Wallin Great to see you again. Hope you had a wonderful Christmas.
    @kellycot1 hope you had a great Christmas and that it wasn't too hot up there as it was down here.
    As of April 24th 2015 I joined the own the store club. Thank you to those who helped in my journey.
    DD spreadsheet

Studio
  • angeljess26angeljess26 Posts: 2,400 Member
    AuraKnight wrote: »
    Got Sunlit Tides, bought Hidden Springs, now on exactly zero store points with everything bought. Only things left are gold versions of Lucky Palms and Sunlit Tides and the cash worlds.
    Thanks to all for help given!
    @AuraKnight if you meant you still need to buy the gold version of sunlit tides it is actually cheaper to buy the world and serenity retreat separately. I did the math back in part one of this thread for someone (quoted below).
    Sunlit tides gold = 3524 points
    Sunlit tides standard = 2450 points, DD price = 1127 (number 972)
    Serenity retreat = 1539 points, DD price = 513 (number 690) / 589 (number 244) / 741 (number 643) / 1026 (number 100)

Total price on DD = 2153 points (using the most expensive serenity retreat), 1371 points savings

As of April 24th 2015 I joined the own the store club. Thank you to those who helped in my journey.
    DD spreadsheet

Studio
  • Jude525Jude525 Posts: 1,699 Member
    It was a difficult Christmas, but I am safely tucked away in my basement for a bit of decompressing and maybe some relaxation.

One consequence was that I slept through Last Venue. No problem as long as the points are kind to me for a day or two. I'll just pay full price.

I can't imagine what those plums at EA are doing to the site. What code can they possibly be messing with? They are supposed to be fixing MMAO and hopefully the sale. Why are they fiddling with the DD rotation code at all???? I mean, it's code. It doesn't just randomly rearrange itself. Unless they've done something stupid like hire Harry Dresden. But then the whole thing would go down.

Todays OE mystery, will my cable carrier have the Doctor Who Christmas special available to me On-Demand. I don't subscribe to BBC America, but all last year I was able to watch the entire season(series) through the On-Demand system anyway. I hope no one has plugged up the hole in the system. Especially since they DO monitor torrent downloads and issue warnings of possible internet suspension. (Like DC's Legends of Tomorrow was even worth it!) EDIT: IT WORKS! Which means I'll catch you all later!
    aka Jude
    I own the store as of 1+7/17/17

My Studio

My build thread in the Creative Corner
  • Cadh20000Cadh20000 Posts: 730 Member
    edited December 2016
    @JoeJude16
    Hmm... Fan of "The Dresden Files", eh?
    Hire a Wizard P.I. for tech support? That would definitely result in some...oddness. :p
    Speaking of whom, ever read this one? "Restoration"
    Post edited by Cadh20000 on
    My current Wishlist.
    My "Studio"

b736bb84-7241-48b2-94de-d977df09cdb3.png
    It's official, no more River Song. I'm very, very, very sad. I still feel that they left half the story untold. But it's done now. At least the Doctor is back. I may have to invest in the seasons she was in so that I can watch them over and over.

Yes, @Cadh20000, very big Dresden fan. Thanks for the link. I visit the site, but hadn't stumbled upon that yet.
    aka Jude

My Studio

• AuraKnightAuraKnight Posts: 115 Member
    edited December 2016
    @angeljess26 no worries - I've had Serenity Retreat for months and just needed the base game on its special.

But MMAO will still make offers for Worlds you don't have on Gold, even when you have all the components. I'm not going to be SO completing that I have to have those two I picked up much cheaper in halves. Got Midnight Hollow that way because it does have unique items and the Aurora Skies gold because the MMAO at 26% was a bit cheaper than the two components at full price.

@JoeJude16 glad to hear you got your Dr Who sorted. I just record it off the ABC (Australian Broadcasting Corporation that is!). At least you can always watch it on the BBC catch up service as a last resort if all other things fail.
    @AuraKnight, we can't access any online content from the BBC here in the US. It blocks us based on our IP address. I've heard of faking an IP address, but never tried it. As long as my cable carrier keeps providing me with a loophole I'm good.
    aka Jude

My Studio

• despina53despina53 Posts: 1,654 Member
    @kellycot1 - Hi, Erin! Hope Santa was good to you :grin:
    Call me Dee :p
    Proud member of the "Own The Store Club"
    Ok, what's the whole 1.67 v 1.69 controversy?
    aka Jude

My Studio

• Taw3001Taw3001 Posts: 344 Member
    JoeJude16 wrote: »
    Ok, what's the whole 1.67 v 1.69 controversy?

A difference that I noticed the most, is it stopped all my mods from working. It was suppose to fix things, but ended up messing it up. I chose to reinstall the game with discs and stop automatic updates. As many moders that I use are not around anymore, so no updates for them. If you don't mod, I don't know if it would effect. Also if you use ORIGIN, I some games they require a new update to still play. Recommend if possible to stay with V1.67, because there is no current way I know of to rollback to the former, without reinstalling everything.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top