Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims and The Sims 2 to Origin

The_PlumbotThe_Plumbot Posts: 34 Member
Not sure, where this should be posted, but I'll just leave it here.
Let's be honest, who wouldn't love to have The Sims Complete Collection and The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection available to buy at the Origin? Imagine how much money EA would make, I'd totally be buying TS1, and couple of my friends would buy TS2.
Opinions?

Comments

• rosey1579rosey1579 Posts: 6,252 Member
    I think origin stopped supporting the sims 2 in 2014.
    Perhaps it wasn't earning back the money it cost them to keep it up. I can't imagine old games sell that well.
    I think they could possibly introduce it in a legacy special, but they might not work on newer computers.
    Maybe GOG has them available?
  • The_PlumbotThe_Plumbot Posts: 34 Member
    @rosey1579 I didn't see any sims games when I searched from there. Might have also missed them, tbh.
  • rosey1579rosey1579 Posts: 6,252 Member
    Mmm... They don't appear to have them available. I can't see why not, though. I mean, they are good, and old, games.
    I bet someone suggested the and they're collecting votes.
  • SimSwim2SimSwim2 Posts: 2,481 Member
    I would buy them! I regret selling TS1 and TS2 several years ago on ebay.
    Origin ID: StripedRainbow
  • Pegasus143Pegasus143 Posts: 2,490 Member
    You can get the Sims 2 Ultimate Collection for free through EA help. I used the live chat option and made up the scenario that I had the sims 2, but lost it in a move and hadn't registered it on any site. They will ask for for your EA ID and the answer to one of your security questions, then put it on your account.
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,095 Member
    Sims 1 is not supported via Origin, but Sims 2 UC is (though they aren't selling it). I agree that they should sell both, I do think they'd make a killing. I think the reason they haven't though is because of what would be required to make sure they are fully supported, they don't want to put the effort or money into it. They put minimal effort it the UC release, as evidenced by the fact that it says "Sims 2 Pets" and doesn't have a unique splash screen. I think they only did it because they were stopping support for Sims 2 and wanted to at the very least make sure the people who owned the game could still play it.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,095 Member
    edited December 2015
    Pegasus143 wrote: »
    You can get the Sims 2 Ultimate Collection for free through EA help. I used the live chat option and made up the scenario that I had the sims 2, but lost it in a move and hadn't registered it on any site. They will ask for for your EA ID and the answer to one of your security questions, then put it on your account.

It's nice that you have the game, but it wasn't necessary to lie and admitting you did so is more likely to make the reps stop helping people. The offer was initially for those who already owned the game, then a code was put out for a limited time for everyone else. The deal ended in 2014, but there are still some reps giving it out to people- usually those who can provide codes to show they own it anyway, but sometimes just to be nice.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • WinMacSims3WinMacSims3 Posts: 1,610 Member
    That would be nice (specifically Sims 2) considering stopped selling The Sims Stories in 2012 and The Sims 2 in 2013. The Sims 2 and all The Sims Stories games (although under the name The Sims 2 Stories) have been released on Mac but the problem is most Simmers have PCs, not Macs. It also doesn't help that EA stopped selling The Sims Stories in 2012 and The Sims 2 in 2013.

The Sims would also be nice considering the Complete Collection is very expensive to purchase on Amazon.
    Origin ID: GothicSimmer, YouTube: GothicSimmer