Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Has a TV Show ever made you cry?

Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
edited December 2015 in Off Topic Chat
<First off, try not to post Spoilers without a Spoiler Tag>

So, has a show ever made you guys cry? I've found that I don't really cry that much which shows(mainly because people are always freaking spoiling me about things like Deaths... why people.... WHY?!) But I have found myself tearing up from TV Show moments on several occasions.

There are two shows that I remember the most clearly - Naruto Shippuden and Steven Universe

I cried due to what happened to one of my favorite characters in the first show, she was a very strong female character who got quite allot of good character development, what happened to her is why I dislike Plot Shields x_x In the latter, I teared up several times due to those special moments Steven had, the show adds allot of emotional episodes in my opinion, I ultimately felt sorry for the majority of the characters to be honest just hearing their backstories :c

I hope this didn't spoil anything for those who are keen on watching Naruto Shippuden or Steven Universe!

Edit: I've also had happy tears when good things happened to my favorite characters or when I see characters stand up for one another :3
Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.

Comments

• Options
    Vici0us_VirusVici0us_Virus Posts: 3,076 Member
    edited December 2015
    SAO 1&2 watch those if you haven't already, then Attack on titan... :'(
    Movie: Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind/After every break up, I watch it...
    Post edited by Vici0us_Virus on
  • Options
    SAO 1&2 watch those if you haven't already, then Attack on titan... :'(

The feels.... :'(
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • Options
    dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    More often than I care to admit. :/ One of my traits is "Over Emotional".

Chasing Life, which very sadly only lasted 2 seasons before ABC stupidly pulled the plug on it like the do for like any good show they ever have. >.< Anyway, I cried like every week watching that show. It tackled some tough subject matter and had a strong cast to carry that well and it could really get to you. Season/mid-season finales were the worst. It was about a 24 year old journalist finding out she has cancer and going through that, but there was so much not even related to that in the show just lots of drama and stuff. I cried so hard when they killed off one of my favourite characters though, even before the died when I knew it was coming.... I think there might have been some yelling at the TV too "NNOOOOOO! NO THIS CAN'T HAPPEN! THIS IS NOT OKAY! I'M NOT OKAY!". And they died at the end of the episode, so I was crying putting on the next episode because you knew where it was going to pick up. That might have been the worst, IDK. There was a hospital scene that was brutal too though.
  • Options
    foussifoussi Posts: 642 Member
    The final sailer moon episode were she saves sailer galaxia. I cried like a baby.
  • Options
    FawnFoxFawnFox Posts: 360 Member
    Ohhh yesss... Many times. I've cried at lots of TV shows because I'm a wuss, but the one that comes to mind first is LOST. That show has a pretty special place in my heart and there are soooo many sad moments, I feel sad thinking about it! The characters are so good on LOST, that you just care about them a lot. I miss that show.
    Right now I'm constantly weeping at Game of Thrones for obvious reasons. It seems an episode can't go by without someone dying. And there are also moments when I cry watching Game of Thrones because it's so epic, or I'm so proud of a character for doing something epic.

Yeah, I'm totally a wuss hahaha.

2afmmf5.jpg

• Options
    PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    edited December 2015
    Yes, when I watch Downton Abbey.. :'(
  • Options
    TinjaNurtleTinjaNurtle Posts: 167 Member
    I will say Doctor Who has made me cry on a couple of occasions. That show does have its share of feels.
    Origin ID: pizza_the_hut82
    Steam ID:GreenEggsandPam
  • Options
    xhellocoldworldxhellocoldworld Posts: 264 Member
    I don't watch many TV shows, so the ones I do watch, I get pretty attached to. The only one I watch that is pretty emotional is The Walking Dead. Man, I can't tell you how many times I've cried over that show! I'm pretty sure I've cried over every single (main/main-ish) character death so far. I'm so invested in that show and it's absolutely my favorite TV show hands down. Over the seasons you just grow attached to the characters and they almost feel like your family. So whenever one of them dies, it hits you hard.
    And now I'm crying because it doesn't come back on until February! :cry: Lol.

"The softest echo could be enough for me to make it through."
    ♥♥♥
    sims-traits.jpg
  • Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    edited December 2015
    Yes. Some dumb reality tv show made me cry. There was a woman getting married to a guy and her family didn't know or something and it made me cry hahahaa...I felt so stup.id cause the show was stup.id.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Options
    picklesthecat114picklesthecat114 Posts: 2,690 Member
    Once upon a time and toy stry 3 (technically a film but i dont care! XD
    Lantern-flying-in-Tangled.gif
  • Options
    Sue_D_NimSue_D_Nim Posts: 2,553 Member
    edited December 2015
    Of course.

Downton Abbey
    when Matthew died
    The Walking Dead
    When a lot of people died - Herschel, Dale, and Tyreese, especially
    Friends
    When Monica proposed to Chandler, and when Rachel comes back to her lobster
    Breaking Bad
    The final episode
    The Office, American version
    When Michael shows up at Dwight's wedding
    M*A*S*H
    When Henry died. Also the final episode (duh)
    Lost
    When Charlie died
    The Gilmore Girls
    When Lorelei and Luke got back together. Both times.
    True Blood
    When Sookie is sobbing while eating the last pie her grandmother ever baked, and several scenes with Sookie and Bill
    Smallville
    When Clark meets Dr. Swann and the camera pans over and you see who it is.
    Any episode ever of Mr. Rogers' Neighborhood
    "I like you just the way you are."

Okay, and this. It wasn't an episode in the TV show, but it's about a TV character, and it's one of those stories you just have to have a good cry over. This little kid named Joey loved Sesame Street and Big Bird. Joey was dying of cancer, and he knew it. He was suffering terribly, and the only thing that made him happy was watching Big Bird. Well, Big Bird wasn't in every episode, so the parents asked the man behind the bird if he would call their little boy. Big Bird did call Joey, and Joey smiled for the first time in six months. He told his parents, "Big Bird called me! He's my friend." He closed his eyes and died with a smile on his face.
  • Options
    br560br560 Posts: 1,836 Member
    edited December 2015
    Sue_D_Nim wrote: »

Okay, and this. It wasn't an episode in the TV show, but it's about a TV character, and it's one of those stories you just have to have a good cry over. This little kid named Joey loved Sesame Street and Big Bird. Joey was dying of cancer, and he knew it. He was suffering terribly, and the only thing that made him happy was watching Big Bird. Well, Big Bird wasn't in every episode, so the parents asked the man behind the bird if he would call their little boy. Big Bird did call Joey, and Joey smiled for the first time in six months. He told his parents, "Big Bird called me! He's my friend." He closed his eyes and died with a smile on his face.

That made me tear up then D:

Well, no tv show has ever made me cry... It's always video games that make me sob.

I'll name them: Walking dead game series (Both season 1 and 2) and Life is strange

Hmm... And borderlands 2 (So many deaths D;)
    Roland! Nooo! I shipped you and Lilith so hard!
    Br560.
    Playing the sims since 2012
  • Options
    InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    I've cried at more episodes of Steven Universe than ones I haven't cried at. Even at its most mundane, the show makes you feel amazing things.

I also had the bright idea of watching the Season 2 finale of Rick and Morty the morning after, right before leaving for work. I was kind of a wreck for the whole day. :(
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    emaaleeemaalee Posts: 86 Member
    I will have to say Doctor Who. That really made me ball like crazy lol Naruto is also one. It's so emotional and makes me feel so emotional (':
    zEc5jzx.png
    COMING SOON
  • Options
    sillyangel0906sillyangel0906 Posts: 5,405 Member
    edited December 2015
    Yes :blush:

Supernatural, Buffy, Grey's Anatomy, ER, ect

br560 wrote: »

Well, no tv show has ever made me cry... It's always video games that make me sob.

I'll name them: Walking dead game series (Both season 1 and 2) and Life is strange

Video games get me too. Especially Assassin's Creed :bawling:
    Origin ID - Sillyangel0906

Q7wLwse.png
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    i cried the day friends went off the air. but that might have been because of bad timing. my parents had a satlite dish for 3 mo. my dad canceled service the day friends ended.
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    Oh yeah, all the time. I've cried so hard that I made snorting sounds. Grey's Anatomy had me in tears a few times.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    hihi122122hihi122122 Posts: 1,259 Member
    I've never actually cried from a TV show, but I'll name the ones that got me really close. Movies tend to hit me harder, but only the ones where I know what will happen (based on books).

M*A*S*H*, Futurama, Downton Abbey, ER, Stargate SG1, Lost, and Poldark.

The only one that will make me nearly cry thinking about it is Futurama. And everyone who has seen the episode knows...

Most of these (apart from Poldark and Downton Abbey) made me sad on the last episode as well, because I didn't want them to end, not just because they were sad episodes.

All of these shows have more than one really sad moment for me, so that's partially why I'm not listing anything specific.
  • Options
    wolfkomoki1wolfkomoki1 Posts: 5,053 Member
    I will say Doctor Who has made me cry on a couple of occasions. That show does have its share of feels.
    Definitely.
    Once upon a time and toy stry 3 (technically a film but i dont care! XD
    I cried when
    Killian died at the end of season 5.
    br560 wrote: »

Yes, Yes yes.
    Lee's death made me cry so hard.
    Kenny's optional death made me cry so hard. I hated him in season 1 but in season 2 he grew on me.
    Both Chloe and the entire town's death made me cry.
    Speaking of video games Heavy Rain made me cry so bad.

6JSxk49.png?1
  • Options
    Oh I forgot The Walking Dead Game, I cried in both Seasons.
  • Options
    pottergoosepottergoose Posts: 1,543 Member
    edited January 2016
    Doctor who, my god doctor who, that show stabs you right in the heart time and time again

(crossed out for spoilers, don't know how to block off text)
    Rose left in another dimension
    Donna having her memory wiped
    Vincent Van Gogh visiting the musee dorsay in 2012 and bursting into tears when he discovers how far his success has come
    River's death
    River's reveal in good man goes to war
    "You will be the death of me"
    Clara's goodbye in face the raven
    amy and rory getting sent back in time
    12 crying out about the time war in zygon inversion
    12's memory wipe from Clara
    "I don't want to go"
    Darillium in Husbands of River Song
    Trenzalore

Should I keep going? *goes off to cry enough tears to fill a river and two ponds
    Post edited by pottergoose on
    I'm the one who gripped you tight and raised you from perdition
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,598 Member
    Yes, the Season 1 finale of The Flash made my cry like a baby... :bawling:
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • Options
    DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
    How I Met Your Mother, a several times. :/

Also Cold Case, truly sad and beautiful, almost painful sometimes.
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
  • Options
    FawnFoxFawnFox Posts: 360 Member
    Lost
    When Charlie died

Not Penny's Boat

:'(:'(:'(

I'll never recover. I'm still weeping.

Also...
    When Jin and Sun drowned together in the submarine

2afmmf5.jpg

• Options
    thegreenhulk2012thegreenhulk2012 Posts: 35 Member
    Everything a little bit sad makes me cry. so I can't say one movie. i choose every movie