Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cannot Erase Stage?

Darth_TyressDarth_Tyress Posts: 9 New Member
I was trying to level out my own lot, but I wasn't having luck with it, so I just "built" a house on a lot, then proceeded to demo the entire thing. Now, when I am trying to put a foundation down, it says "cannot erase stage" - yet there's nothing to be seen that could be causing this. I've tried the "boolprop constrainfloorelevation false" cheat, but that still isn't allowing me to build under this magical, invisible stage, nor delete this magical, invisible stage. Any ideas?

Comments

• Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,584 Member
    Hi :)

I've had that for different reasons.

You said you've only been building and had no Sims moving around?

1. Overhead lights
    2. Butterflies
    3. Old "Go Here" actions that get messed up.
    4. Make one big foundation... and not from room to room because sometimes the land isn't quite level so the foundation doesn't meet up correctly

What works for me is the Stuck Objects Remover- you'll have to Google it, I can't link to it. :)
    It's easy to us and safe.
  • Darth_TyressDarth_Tyress Posts: 9 New Member
    No, there have never been any Sims at all on this lot. I picked a house that was the sized lot I wanted, put it on the map. Then logged into it using the build mode. It won't LET me put the foundation down. It's this little weird T shaped hole now, lol. Will that Stuck Objects Remover work on invisible stages?
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,584 Member
    edited December 2015
    If you've just started building I'd delete the lot and start over... if you've got a lot of it built already and don't want to, the mod might help. Sorry, it's so hard to say. :(
  • LadysimPlayer8LadysimPlayer8 Posts: 775 Member
    edited December 2015
    @Darth_Tyress
    If the lot was demolished, why not delete the lot and replace on a spot more level?

BTW, I think you have used the stage in error instead of the foundations (which are together in the building tools).