Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Improvements In CAS, Please

CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
edited December 2015 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
No, not color wheel or create a pattern since I know it will never happen.

1. Please program CAS to stop putting all males in earrings when picking Formal, or Party outfit. This is an extreme nuisance since I have to click on face to remove the accessory but I'm in the body section to pick the clothes. Or better yet, program CAS to allow me to remove these accessories while I still have body outfits chosen instead of having to click on face then pick accessories to add or remove earrings. Too annoying.

2. Lock/Set Makeup. Unless I remove it, it should be worn through out all outfits like *locked hair* until I decide to change it or unlock to randomize it. I don't think you know how annoying it is to redo makeup for eight Sims for six outfits. With a lock I could just remove for their PJs etc.

3. Please stop putting glasses on every Sim while choosing Sleep Outfit. Same as number one complaint.

4. Please allow us to pick the hairstyle etc. for the Work Outfits. Glasses or no glasses, makeup or no makeup. I dislike when I have a particular hairstyle for my Sim who may wear glasses and you remove those when you put him/her in work outfits. Just because I go to work doesn't mean I suddenly grow hair if I'm bald. Know what I mean? Or If I have long hair it suddenly doesn't become short.

5. Please, fix the bug where the active careers give new clothes when getting a promotion but then take your Sim into CAS and there isn't anything new. Is it a joke?

6. Request, pretty please, please create some thin eyeliner for under the eye only. There is only eyeliner around the entire eye in this game. Eye Liner, not Eye shadow, thanks!

7. Some of the new hairstyles for males in the Spa Day and GT or so light in the back, on top of the head that they appear to be bald. Please, fix these meshes. I can even see the section and it is highlighted in such a way that it makes them look like they have a ball spot. Mainly the medium length hairstyles in the last GP and EP... for males. ETA: All the darker colors.

8. Please stop the generation of pear shaped males in the game. Wide hips, narrow shoulder. Yes, people do look like that, but not everybody. Usually it's a guy wearing a sweater.

9. When trying to see what an alien male Sim will look like in CAS (clicking on different ages for the Sim) if he would age to adult the whole face changes, perhaps it's the change of eye shape, or something, but not the same Sim as when a YA. Slightly familiar but not the same eye shape, eye color etc. Not just different face shape but eyes etc. Too much difference to actually seem like the same Sim, just older.

10. If you aren't going to add new traits, aspirations, etc. anytime soon then why not branch out the different bonus traits into different areas so I can actually play different Sims? For all aspirations. Several different bonus traits to pick for all of them so not everyone will be the same Sim. A year is a long time to play several households with the same traits (too limited) with the same skills (because they all gain the same ones somehow over the course of their life) and not a enough diversity.

Please consider this game when thinking about players. Two Sims, one has one aspiration, the other has another. However, because they gain skills almost the very same as the other they become the same Sim more or less over the course of gameplay. I can't stop a Sim from gaining a cooking skill if they are out and cooking at a grill when I'm playing another Sim so eventually those Sims become the same. Then they both start to get whims to do something due to the cooking skill. Both the same. Since they may fill those whims on their own during course of gameplay. Then they have the same emotions more than not. How are they different? This has to be clear with actual traits and to be honest this is just not that savvy in this game system. I want to see the traits matter more than they do. Over the emotional or skill system Or I'm just playing the same Sim with different body, different clothes etc. But if you play fifteen households on rotation, you can see how this is very boring to know that was the same wish as the Sim ten hours ago, or the same emotion as the Sim next door three hours ago. That is the same Sim just on a faster or slower pace to becoming just like the rest. I think the answer is in CAS to offer more traits and more bonus traits and they actually have whims to reflect those traits instead of for every skill, every thing they don't own, and for everything they feel. (which btw, is the very same, too).

ETA: Note my avatar picture. Those characters have a particular look. Bushy eyebrows, big mustaches, grimaces stay on their faces, a snooty look with the nose up in the air. That is the sort of Sims I want to play. If I make a Sim look evil with eyebrows down and curved to seem like they are frowning or an evil grimace then that is the Sim I want to see coming down the street.

Can we get a category to add those type of looks (facial expressions to remain on their faces) like walks? Something to think about.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

Comments

• friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    i totaly and fully agree with you on this one cinbar
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    i totaly and fully agree with you on this one cinbar

Thank you!
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • AndreManoelAndreManoel Posts: 33 Member
    It's been a long time but I think the toppic deserves more atention.

- I would love to lock the makeup! It's really frustrating to keep doing the same thing over and over.

- I'd love to copy/paste outfits and makeups as well. Between sims or categories.

- Switch from human to occults would be awesome as well.

- Maybe add a third or fourth column would help. I have almost all the packs and it's alwul too keep scrolling endlessly

- Have the option to lock filters between categories.

- That's more complicated, but I'd like to change a little bit more the children. They all look the same. I can't make the super thin or super fat.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited April 2020
    Unfortunately, none of this came to pass, but post after post after post for the past five years voice some of these concerns since I wrote this one. It's a shame really, no one cared, unless we get someone on Youtube to bring it all back up. Because I saw none of these changes. Too hard too expensive, I guess.

ETA: @EA_Mai I guess this needs to be locked it's still relevant but my thread is from 2015 even though none of this was fixed.
  • catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    And make them stand still.