Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Custom Content Won't Show Up! Help!

Comments

• XTheXDoctorXXTheXDoctorX Posts: 2 New Member
    Halp! i have downloaded a few mods and i just don't seem to understand what to do, so, i downloaded TS4MM (The sims 4 Mod Manager) and manually input the mods i've donloaded, when activated it puts them in C:/users/Me/Documents/TS4 Mod Manager/Mods. now when i launch i get a notification box that shows i've installed mods and allows me to check/uncheck them, when in game i can go to Options/other and check Activate scripted mods, but i can't actually seem to access any of them in game, does anyone know what i'm doing wrong?
  • XTheXDoctorXXTheXDoctorX Posts: 2 New Member
    ^^ Update: They're also in C:/Users/me/Documents/Electronic arts/Mods
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,581 Member
    Halp! i have downloaded a few mods and i just don't seem to understand what to do, so, i downloaded TS4MM (The sims 4 Mod Manager) and manually input the mods i've donloaded, when activated it puts them in C:/users/Me/Documents/TS4 Mod Manager/Mods. now when i launch i get a notification box that shows i've installed mods and allows me to check/uncheck them, when in game i can go to Options/other and check Activate scripted mods, but i can't actually seem to access any of them in game, does anyone know what i'm doing wrong?

Hello @XTheXDoctorX
    These links explain about cc and mods
    http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/tutorials/mods-cc.php
    http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Installing_Sims_4_Package_Files
    http://sims-online.com/install-mods-custom-content-sims-4-tutorial/

If the mods are cc, make sure that you have extracted the package files out of the zipped folder or the rar file, if they come in zipped or rar formats. The package files then go into the mods folder.

Go to game options and check that the " enable custom content and mods" button is ticked, which is found in :
    Options | Other | Enable Custom Content and Mods. If it isn't ticked, do that.Also check that the script mods allowed button is ticked as well. Exit the game. Then go back into the game again and see if the cc appears then .

If it is script mods that you have installed, check on the download site for information about how to install the mods.
  • ebonyyy13ebonyyy13 Posts: 1 New Member
    hello
    my cc doen't work on the new update in the sims 4 and when you open the mods folder all my mods that i want are in there which is normal. when i open the game the mod screen comes up and has all the mods that i have downloaded. but when i go to create a new sim the custom content doesn't come up at all. when the update wasnt installed on the sims 4, in the options menu the custom content buttom would come up but in the new update it doesn't come up. it only come up with script mods. is this meant to happen? why wont my cc come up?
    please help
    ebonyyy13 wrote: »
    hello
    my cc doen't work on the new update in the sims 4 and when you open the mods folder all my mods that i want are in there which is normal. when i open the game the mod screen comes up and has all the mods that i have downloaded. but when i go to create a new sim the custom content doesn't come up at all. when the update wasnt installed on the sims 4, in the options menu the custom content buttom would come up but in the new update it doesn't come up. it only come up with script mods. is this meant to happen? why wont my cc come up?
    please help

Hello
    Try going to the Sims 4 folder and moving the “ options.ini” or the “ options” to your desktop. Then load the game and see if the issues remain. You may need to go to game optiions and enable the cc and scipt mods settings again.
  • Simmies329Simmies329 Posts: 1 New Member
    I'm having a problem. There are no objects showing up in the game. I moved a sim in a furnished house, but nothing is in it. I even traveled and the lot I went to had no furniture in it. I deleted my Sims 4 documents folder and I don;t know what to do.
    edited April 2018
    Simmies329 wrote: »
    I'm having a problem. There are no objects showing up in the game. I moved a sim in a furnished house, but nothing is in it. I even traveled and the lot I went to had no furniture in it. I deleted my Sims 4 documents folder and I don;t know what to do.

Hello @Simmies329
    If you have cc/mods in your game, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if the issues are still there.
    Try entering build mode on the lots and see if the furnishings are there.

Try starting a fresh new game and see if there is furniture in the homes in that save game.

Repairing the game may help. To do that, go to games library in Origin, right click on the sims 4 picture and click repair
  • ChelseaHotel12ChelseaHotel12 Posts: 2 New Member
    Hi! Is anyone having trouble with mxims cc? I installed it and it dosen't appear in my game. The other cc that I have works perfectly. Can someone help me? Thank you xx
    Hi! Is anyone having trouble with mxims cc? I installed it and it dosen't appear in my game. The other cc that I have works perfectly. Can someone help me? Thank you xx

Hello
    I am just checking. Make sure that you have extracted the package files out of the zipped folder or the rar file, if they come in zipped or rar formats. The package files then go into the mods folder.
    Try placing the package files directly into the mods folder without being in sub folders.
    Don’t keep the zipped or rar folder in the mods folder. Just keep the package files in the mods folder.
    Try redownloading the cc and see if that helps.
  • ChelseaHotel12ChelseaHotel12 Posts: 2 New Member
    > @rosemow said:
    > ChelseaHotel12 wrote: »
    >
    > Hi! Is anyone having trouble with mxims cc? I installed it and it dosen't appear in my game. The other cc that I have works perfectly. Can someone help me? Thank you xx
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello
    > I am just checking. Make sure that you have extracted the package files out of the zipped folder or the rar file, if they come in zipped or rar formats. The package files then go into the mods folder.
    > Try placing the package files directly into the mods folder without being in sub folders.
    > Don’t keep the zipped or rar folder in the mods folder. Just keep the package files in the mods folder.
    > Try redownloading the cc and see if that helps.

I'll do that! Thank you
    > @rosemow said:
    > ChelseaHotel12 wrote: »
    >
    > Hi! Is anyone having trouble with mxims cc? I installed it and it dosen't appear in my game. The other cc that I have works perfectly. Can someone help me? Thank you xx
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello
    > I am just checking. Make sure that you have extracted the package files out of the zipped folder or the rar file, if they come in zipped or rar formats. The package files then go into the mods folder.
    > Try placing the package files directly into the mods folder without being in sub folders.
    > Don’t keep the zipped or rar folder in the mods folder. Just keep the package files in the mods folder.
    > Try redownloading the cc and see if that helps.

I'll do that! Thank you

You’re welcome :)
  • ashwynnxashwynnx Posts: 1 New Member
    hey so i downloaded some cc and when i loaded the game it says its in the game (on the list)but whenever i go into cas i only see few of the cc i downloaded (specificly just hair)
    ashwynnx wrote: »
    hey so i downloaded some cc and when i loaded the game it says its in the game (on the list)but whenever i go into cas i only see few of the cc i downloaded (specificly just hair)

Hello
    Try removing any filters in cas, and see if the cc items then appear.
  • hitherefriendhitherefriend Posts: 1 New Member
    hi so um i downloaded some hair clothes and makeup and only some of them appeared and the shirts/sweaters/ect didnt appear help????
    edited May 2018
    hi so um i downloaded some hair clothes and makeup and only some of them appeared and the shirts/sweaters/ect didnt appear help????

Hello @hitherefriend
    Make sure that you have extracted the package files out of the zipped folder or the rar file, if they come in zipped or rar formats.
    Try placing the package files directly into the mods folder without being in sub folders.
    Remove any filters in cas and see if that helps them to appear.
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    edited May 2018

Do you have the required EP/GP/SP ? For instance I downloaded a vanity table that didn’t show because I didn’t have « vintage glamour stuff » and the mesh was made from one of the vanity tables.
  • omgitslily08omgitslily08 Posts: 2 New Member
    well I have the cc in my mods, not in other folders I go on the game nothing pops up for mods then I checked the game options and it says "view custom content" and nothing is there. as I said the cc is in the mods folder not in a locked folder just the white things so I don't really know how to make it work :/
    well I have the cc in my mods, not in other folders I go on the game nothing pops up for mods then I checked the game options and it says "view custom content" and nothing is there. as I said the cc is in the mods folder not in a locked folder just the white things so I don't really know how to make it work :/

Hello @omgitslily08
    Go to game options and check that the " enable custom content and mods" button is ticked, which is found in :
    Game Options | Other | Enable Custom Content and Mods. If it isn't ticked, do that.Also check that the script mods allowed button is ticked as well. Exit the game. Then go back into the game again and see if the cc appears then .

Make sure that you have extracted the package files out of the zipped folder or the rar file, if they come in zipped or rar formats.

Try moving your whole mods folder to the desktop. Launch the game, and a new mods folder will be generated in the sims 4 folder.. Exit the game. Then put your mods/cc from the old mods folder into the newly generated mods folder and test to see if the issues remain. Make sure that there is only one resource.cfg file in the folder
    Doing this tests to see if the game is using the correct mods folder or not.
  • omgitslily08omgitslily08 Posts: 2 New Member
    > @rosemow said:
    > omgitslily08 wrote: »
    >
    > well I have the cc in my mods, not in other folders I go on the game nothing pops up for mods then I checked the game options and it says "view custom content" and nothing is there. as I said the cc is in the mods folder not in a locked folder just the white things so I don't really know how to make it work :/
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @omgitslily08
    > Go to game options and check that the " enable custom content and mods" button is ticked, which is found in :
    > Game Options | Other | Enable Custom Content and Mods. If it isn't ticked, do that.Also check that the script mods allowed button is ticked as well. Exit the game. Then go back into the game again and see if the cc appears then .
    >
    > Make sure that you have extracted the package files out of the zipped folder or the rar file, if they come in zipped or rar formats.
    >
    > Try moving your whole mods folder to the desktop. Launch the game, and a new mods folder will be generated in the sims 4 folder.. Exit the game. Then put your mods/cc from the old mods folder into the newly generated mods folder and test to see if the issues remain. Make sure that there is only one resource.cfg file in the folder
    > Doing this tests to see if the game is using the correct mods folder or not.

Thanks! I hope you have a nice rest of your day <3
    > @rosemow said:
    > omgitslily08 wrote: »
    >
    > well I have the cc in my mods, not in other folders I go on the game nothing pops up for mods then I checked the game options and it says "view custom content" and nothing is there. as I said the cc is in the mods folder not in a locked folder just the white things so I don't really know how to make it work :/
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @omgitslily08
    > Go to game options and check that the " enable custom content and mods" button is ticked, which is found in :
    > Game Options | Other | Enable Custom Content and Mods. If it isn't ticked, do that.Also check that the script mods allowed button is ticked as well. Exit the game. Then go back into the game again and see if the cc appears then .
    >
    > Make sure that you have extracted the package files out of the zipped folder or the rar file, if they come in zipped or rar formats.
    >
    > Try moving your whole mods folder to the desktop. Launch the game, and a new mods folder will be generated in the sims 4 folder.. Exit the game. Then put your mods/cc from the old mods folder into the newly generated mods folder and test to see if the issues remain. Make sure that there is only one resource.cfg file in the folder
    > Doing this tests to see if the game is using the correct mods folder or not.

Thanks! I hope you have a nice rest of your day <3

You’re welcome :)
  • Clawdeen08Clawdeen08 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hello ..... I have read through this thread and many other even videos and I'm still having trouble with .rar files mine are in the document form as well I have tried 7 zip to extract them but when I right-click the file it doesn't say extract so i tried to redownload redownloading , but no luck can anyone help me ?? :'(
    Clawdeen08 wrote: »
    Hello ..... I have read through this thread and many other even videos and I'm still having trouble with .rar files mine are in the document form as well I have tried 7 zip to extract them but when I right-click the file it doesn't say extract so i tried to redownload redownloading , but no luck can anyone help me ?? :'(

Hello
    This link explains about file associations. You can do the steps in this article to associate rar files with the 7ip program.
    https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-change-file-associations-in-windows-2624477
  • EmmitaylorEmmitaylor Posts: 5 New Member
    Hi so when the update came out this month my custom content wasn't working. before i even updated my game every time i would press allow custom content in settings then restart it id go back and it would be unselected and it waould say i have not custom content. Can anyone help? i haven't been able to fix it with repairing, signing in then out, and removing my mods folder to let another come in.
    Emmitaylor wrote: »
    Hi so when the update came out this month my custom content wasn't working. before i even updated my game every time i would press allow custom content in settings then restart it id go back and it would be unselected and it waould say i have not custom content. Can anyone help? i haven't been able to fix it with repairing, signing in then out, and removing my mods folder to let another come in.

Hello @Emmitaylor
    Try moving to the desktop the “options” or “options.ini” file that is in your Documents-Electronic Arts -Sims 4 folder .
    Then start the game, and a new ”options” or “options.ini” file will be generated. Go to game options, and tick the " enable custom content and mods" button which is found in :
    Options | Other | Enable Custom Content and Mods. Also tick the script mods allowed button.
    Exit the game. Then go back into the game again and see if the cc appears then and if the enable custom content and mods box remains selected .

• EmmitaylorEmmitaylor Posts: 5 New Member
    @rosemow
    it worked thank you so much!