Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The new closets

I noticed this tonight while playing. The new walk closets we got with Get Together don't seem to have an option to change your selected sims outfit. You can change the outfit of anther Sim, try new ones on, and plan but to choose everyday, swimwear, party etc doesn't exist. Was this done on purpose or is this a bug?
Potential Is Everything

Origin ID: BadArkane

XYeo1vn.png

Comments

• crazymammothcrazymammoth Posts: 238 Member
    under plan outfit is where you edit or plan your outfits
    Origin ID: CrazyMammoth
    http://crazymammoth.tumblr.com/
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    No, it doesn't have change outfits (as opposed to plan outfits, which opens CAS). You can choose to also have a dresser, or you can just click on a Sim to change outfits. I suppose they could have added that, though. Maybe someone will mod it in.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member

You should be able to plan your outfit from them OP
    I don't really care for them myself
    I can change my sims and others simply buy using a quick cheat
    You can cry in them and kids can play in them and of course you can whoohoo in them but its not something I care about my sims doing so could take them or leave them!

Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member
    I think the main thing is that you can change the NPC's outfits, as Azure said on the play-through today.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    No, it doesn't have change outfits (as opposed to plan outfits, which opens CAS). You can choose to also have a dresser, or you can just click on a Sim to change outfits. I suppose they could have added that, though. Maybe someone will mod it in.

Hmm I didn't know that. I wonder if they could patch it in. That's a disappointment. That will mean we still need to have a dresser. Atleast it has a plan outfit.

Hmm I didn't know that. I wonder if they could patch it in. That's a disappointment. That will mean we still need to have a dresser. Atleast it has a plan outfit.
    Won't just having a mirror do the trick?
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member

Won't just having a mirror do the trick?

I think mirrors are for hairstyles and makeups.
    edited December 2015
    Hm... I'm sure I've changed clothes using one. *memory fog*
    ETA: Nope, I think I'm remembering a way into CAS, not what was needed. Sorry!
  • ArkaneArkane Posts: 20,224 Member
    edited December 2015

Yeah having a dresser as well seems to be the way to change your outfit the normal way. Strange way to do it, but I'll go with what works for now.

Thanks everyone for responding :)

Edit* Now I know I can click on my Sim and change it that way, but I like to use the dresser too.
    Potential Is Everything

Origin ID: BadArkane

XYeo1vn.png
  • BrokenChaos69BrokenChaos69 Posts: 928 Member
    I noticed this as well and am eagerly awaiting a mod to remedy this. I'll never understand some of the choices the devs make, lol.
    Gallery ID: ChaosKitten666
    I hope my Sims and lots aren't too terrible!
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited December 2015
    marcel21 wrote: »
    You can cry in them and kids can play in them and of course you can whoohoo in them but its not something I care about my sims doing so could take them or leave them!
    There is also a group activity that involves trying on outfits with other sims, something I'm sure a lot of teens do in real life, or young adults would do with friends before a night out or a date.

You are thinking of in previous games. In TS4, anything you can change on a dresser, you can change on a mirror. Mirrors also have added functionality of Charisma tools and a way to get Flirty. This is why I hardly ever use dressers, but always have a mirror in my starter and mini homes.

• marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    marcel21 wrote: »
    There is also a group activity that involves trying on outfits with other sims, something I'm sure a lot of teens do in real life, or young adults would do with friends before a night out or a date.

You are thinking of in previous games. In TS4, anything you can change on a dresser, you can change on a mirror. Mirrors also have added functionality of Charisma tools and a way to get Flirty. This is why I hardly ever use dressers, but always have a mirror in my starter and mini homes.

Oh
    Thank you
    I forget about that one!
    Tho not really my thing as I'm a guy it would be interesting to see male sims doing it lol

Maybe a modder can do more with it in the future

Cat you can use both to change in the sims 4 as Emma said!
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon