Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ashes to Ashes: A Legacy [Temporary Hiatus 4/4]

Comments

• CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    Happy Saturday! Today’s chapter breaks away a bit from the norm. You’ll see why! :)

7.42: Rosebrook
    vBXPFWQ.jpg
    snvAF3B.png
  • haswhhaswh Posts: 2,863 Member
    First Congratulations on 500 Chapters!!! :smiley: I am very happy to say I have read them all and Loved every one of the generations! You are a fabulous writer and I commend you on this big accomplishment!! <3<3

It was so wonderful to take a peek back at the past and see Harper's perspective of it all! I miss all of them and that last picture...I have no words.

I don't believe, like some, that the journals are cursed. I believe that without them no one would be were they ended up in the end.

Thank you for keeping up with this story and I look forward to the rest of this, right up until the ending!! <3<3
    Thank you so much @haswh ! :blush: I appreciate your kind words, and your constant support of my story :heart:

I love your take on the journals! It sounds weird or cheesy, but part of me has always kind of regarded the journals as a character of their own. This silent confidant who helps them all work through their struggles and come to terms with all their hardships... I think you’re right that none of them would have ended up where they did without their journals! :)
    snvAF3B.png
  • SeaDragonSongSeaDragonSong Posts: 2,324 Member
    Congratulations! I've loved this story so much, and I loved seeing the heirs again! Such a good chapter!
    Story_Banner.png
    Twists In Time And Space (Updated December 2nd 2018. New discord server!)
    Bob Bobson (Updated August 12th 2019)
    Thank you @SeaDragonSong ! :heart: I’m glad you liked seeing everyone again! I totally got emotional bringing them back for these shots :cry:
    snvAF3B.png
  • SAEldarinSAEldarin Posts: 428 Member
    Congratulations on your achievement! Your 500th chapter was incredible - the writing, the screenshots, the trip down memory lane and how that winding road always leads back...home. Thanks for sharing your story with us!
    @SAEldarin thank you! :heart: I’m glad you enjoyed this one so much! It was really fun and nostalgic to bring back all the old heirs!
    snvAF3B.png
  • VanPelt81VanPelt81 Posts: 2,990 Member
    A wonderful & well written chapter. It also shows Harper now has genre savvy (finally) regarding Rosebrooks & their journals...

..It took her long enough. ;)
  • LadyTigressLadyTigress Posts: 183 Member
    awesome and emotional chapter!!! seeing all the past rosebrooks standing together with Harper has left a lump in my throat it was soo beautiful and Harper is rights, regardless of what happens between Gigi and Phee, Phee is a Rosebrook, he will find his way, even if he hits an all time low point first
  • MrsRacooneyMrsRacooney Posts: 2,091 Member
    Oh wow, 500 chapters! That's amazing! So many hours of writing (and reading)! :o Congratulations!

Haha, so Harper has adopted our, the readers', role for a moment and felt what we feel, wanting to smack some sense into them :D And hugging. Especially the hugging.
    It was so nice seeing all the faded heir together on one spot. The past was so present for a moment!
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
    @VanPelt81 Ha! Yes, Genre-Savvy Harper :tongue: Didn’t take until gen 11 after all! ;) Hehe I’m glad you liked this one :)

@LadyTigress Thank you! I’m really glad you loved that last shot so much... and that you share Harper’s faith in her son! He’ll find a way... hopefully. ;)

@MrsRacooney I’m glad the hugging is even stronger than the smacking hehe ;) Harper definitely took on a bit of a reader role in this one! And yes, the past feels so alive for Harper when she’s in that library. So much family history in one room :heart: Thank you :blush:
    snvAF3B.png
    edited September 2018
    @VanPelt81 Ha! Yes, Genre-Savvy Harper :tongue: Didn’t take until gen 11 after all! ;) Hehe I’m glad you liked this one :)

Gen 11 is when the kid will have Deadpool level genre savvy from birth, burn the journal upon receiving it and tell everyone why they did that.
  • SassieSassie Posts: 293 Member
    Congratulations on 500 chapters! And nice to see all the past heirs. Brings back memories. :smile:
    Currently playing the Abbott household (4th generation now: Theo).
    Thanks so much @Sassie ! Glad you enjoyed this little trip down memory lane! :blush:
    snvAF3B.png
  • WralaiWralai Posts: 477 Member
    awwwwwwwww
    hit me in the heart
    I think I started reading like... mid-way through Zayne's gen?
    170424-CeYy_jT-qip.jpg[IMG][/img]
    Click on the image above to be sent to my legacy, The Galvez Legacy!
    Thanks @Wralai :heart: No matter when you started, I really appreciate you taking the time to read my story and follow this crazy family :heart: Thanks for sticking with me (and the Rosebrooks!)
    snvAF3B.png
    Happy Wednesday! Today’s chapter brings us back to Phoenix, and Tam’s visit to Brindleton Bay :)

(I forgot to make a chapter image, whoops! So I had to improvise for now haha)

7.43: Should
    09-12-18_5-16-13c2a0pm-001.jpg?w=640&zoom=2
    snvAF3B.png
  • haswhhaswh Posts: 2,863 Member
    It's so nice for Phoenix and Tam to spend this time together. :) Seems as if they are both helping each other out with all of life's problems and having fun too in the process!

My first thought when I finished reading though was Uh Oh, something is going to happen and soon! Dun, dun, dun...
    @haswh You’re right — definitely helping each other and definitely having fun while they’re at it too! The next chapter really showcases this... our first Tam chapter! :scream:

And as for something happening soon... well, Phoenix is a Rosebrook. Something ALWAYS happens ;) hehe
    snvAF3B.png
    That was a good chapter. Phoenix seems to have a good moment going on in spite of his worrying. I'm guessing that Phoenix or Gigi do something incredibly stupid in the next chapter that causes drama.
  • LadyTigressLadyTigress Posts: 183 Member
    My Mind is going *explosion in 5...4....3....* regarding Phee and Gigi right now, I have such a bad feeling this chapter is the calm before the storm....but if that ends in Gigi gtf out Phee life (FINALLY!) I aint complaining
    @VanPelt81 Stupidity is always on the horizon when Rosebrooks are involved, huh? :tongue: hehe I’m glad you enjoyed the chapter! Things are definitely going well right now!

And as for the next chapter... It’s actually a pretty special one... Our first Tam POV :scream: (It’s still third person, of course, but we’re still in his head!)

@LadyTigress An explosion could certainly be coming! I THOUGHT I heard the sizzling of a fuse... :tongue: I see you’re rooting for Gigi to be the one who gets blown away by it though hehe we’ll see!
    snvAF3B.png
  • Skcaga6Skcaga6 Posts: 3,399 Member
    I want to see Phoenix screw with Lola, confess to Gigi, they work it out and she stays, Lola has his love child but something happens to Lola, the kids is then raised by Phoenix and Gigi.

Yeah right!

I just want Phoenix to be happy with whoever he ends up knocking up.
    wotgen6.gif?w=656
  • ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    I stop reading for 5 minutes.... :lol:

But, seriously, summary of the past few chapters..

Phoenix Rosebrook...
    e0e2f190-a57e-0132-44f6-0ebc4eccb42f.gif
    about why you haven't spoken to your wife yet. (I swear he's actually gonna start rivalling that couple of mine, who are actually the worst at talking about important stuff, soon.)
  • Skcaga6Skcaga6 Posts: 3,399 Member
    Bugsie2016 wrote: »
    I stop reading for 5 minutes.... :lol:

But, seriously, summary of the past few chapters..

Phoenix Rosebrook...
    e0e2f190-a57e-0132-44f6-0ebc4eccb42f.gif
    about why you haven't spoken to your wife yet. (I swear he's actually gonna start rivalling that couple of mine, who are actually the worst at talking about important stuff, soon.)

Or how about the one character of mine who kept quiet about her son's boyfriend being a cousin until after the two of them got married? lol

I am seeing a lot of characters in these stories lately that really need to learn how to talk
    wotgen6.gif?w=656

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top