Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ashes to Ashes: A Legacy [Temporary Hiatus 4/4]

Comments

• SilentWolf101SilentWolf101 Posts: 3,898 Member
    Not happy about this, but... *sigh* If it's what he really wants... I guess I can live with it...
    ~Open your mind before your mouth~
    Yes, I'm still working on my stories. But I am restarting them (again). Links will come when they're up. :)
    Come Join The Mafia! | Monthly Simlit Story Challenges
  • CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    Not happy about this, but... *sigh* If it's what he really wants... I guess I can live with it...

Hahahaha I'm sorry @SilentWolf101 ! But... if it helps, ALEX is really happy :lol:

Here, I'll be cruel and tempt you ;) If you want to know what ends up happening, you can click this spoiler (or avoid temptation if you don't want to know :tongue:). But this way you can either know that you need to accept your disappointment or that there's hope for a girl you like better down the line :lol:

BIG spoilers for the future of Alex and Jade!
    In my current save file, they are happily married with three children :lol: Sorry, Wolfy!
    snvAF3B.png
  • Hemera123Hemera123 Posts: 905 Member
    Good job Alex! ;)

That spoiler thing is really cruel! :D (I spoiled myself accidentally a little bit because I started to quote. I didn't know that this way it will show that spoiler part too. Oops!)

Whoops, sorry @Hemera123 ! I hope it didn't ruin too much! I guess it was a little cruel of me to post that... :tongue:

Thank you for reading! :)
    snvAF3B.png
    @Hemera123 Yeah, it's the same formatting as when you quote somebody, or put in an image. XD I don't quote people very often, unless I'm too lazy or want a specific part of a person's quote... XD
    Yes, I'm still working on my stories. But I am restarting them (again). Links will come when they're up. :)
  • Hemera123Hemera123 Posts: 905 Member
    @CitizenErased14 No, it didn't. :) I didn't see it whole because I erased it when I understood the spoiler was visible.

@SilentWolf101 I didn't know that. Now I know and I can be more careful next time. :D
    @Hemera123 I found out the hard way as well -- spoiled a LITTLE bit of another story by doing that... Didn't quote much after that...
  • roseinblack69roseinblack69 Posts: 4,070 Member
    If Alex is happy I'm happy too :)
    @CitizenErased14 So, when will the first part of the spoiler come into the story?
    edited December 2015
    @CitizenErased14 So, when will the first part of the spoiler come into the story?

@SilentWolf101 Well, because I love time jumps (You and everyone else who's read D2D knows this already ;) ) things are gonna start moving a little more quickly soon (with some time jumps, of course -- a few that are pretty big, actually!)

But believe it or not, the first part of the spoiler doesn't happen for another 10 chapters :lol: But other things happen before then. You'll see :tongue: And the second part of the spoiler is basically three chapters after the first part. Thank you, time jumps :tongue:
    snvAF3B.png
    XD Alrighty then. I'll be honest, I'm a little excited for it, but still not entirely happy. *mutters in the corner* XD I mean, she's pretty and seems like a good person, but... I just don't know. Something about her just screams "no" to me... But, I may just be acting like a critical jerk... XD It's like with my original D2D ship. I'll get on this ship eventually...
  • LishacakeLishacake Posts: 296 Member
    Good on Alex! I'm interested in seeing how things go between him and Jade. I'm curious about how the other members of Partihaus are going to respond to them being in a relationship. Hopefully none of them have inadvertently caught feelings for Jade (or Alex)!

Loved this chapter. :smile:
    Thanks @Lishacake ! Things are going to start moving even faster soon, so we'll see what happens with Alex and Jade! ;) And as for Partihaus... Well, unfortunately I wasn't able to show them quite as much as I really would have wanted to. Alex's generation is relatively fast-moving and drama-free, minus the initial Jade stuff... But don't you worry. I have some big plans coming down the line for these poor Rosebrooks :lol: And Alex will be alive for some of it :tongue:

And we'll be into generation 2 in no time :open_mouth: (But we aren't losing Alex's POV, so don't worry about that either :tongue:)

I'm still getting used to this whole "legacy" thing :lol: So much less pre-planning than D2D. I'm so not used to this! But it's also kind of nice too :tongue: I know I COULD do more pre-planning (and believe me, there IS some pre-planning happening here :tongue: But I'm trying to let there be some surprises (even for me!). This is a good challenge for me as a writer! Thanks to everyone for reading so far!
    snvAF3B.png
    Things are finally heating up between Alex and Jade in today's update! ;)

ZzNDJmG.png
    snvAF3B.png
    The Jalex ship...
    I understand Alex... I hope Jade doesn't do that, now she is only with him.
    We get a little break from "Jalex" (hahaha) in today's chapter!

IMG]
    snvAF3B.png
    YAY! My ship name is now a thing! That makes me a little more willing to join the ship... But not yet!
    It's good to see your parents, especially if you are very close with them, so I understand why Alex cried... He is good and very nice guy <3
    Alex is my Baby's Grandbaby. :3 So, he's my grandbaby... He's older than me because he ages fast, mkay?
    edited December 2015
    It's good to see your parents, especially if you are very close with them, so I understand why Alex cried... He is good and very nice guy <3

@roseinblack69 Yeah, it's very rough for him! Poor thing :( Thankfully he has Jade to help make him feel better ;) Thank you so much for reading (as always!)
    Alex is my Baby's Grandbaby. :3 So, he's my grandbaby... He's older than me because he ages fast, mkay?

@SilentWolf101 :lol: Oh no, are you calling Lucas your baby? :open_mouth: He's minnnnnne *pets Lucas' beard*

Kidding, kidding :joy: I can share a little Lucas love. ;) And yes, those sims age fast... so clearly it makes sense that Alex would be older than you :tongue:

snvAF3B.png
    edited December 2015
    O.o *whispers* The sacred beard... Has been touched........

XD I mean, that's the only logical reason!
    edited December 2015
    Today's chapter is one of my personal favorites. :) Enjoy!

hSX9Nlo.png

**This chapter includes phrases in Portuguese. Click the spoiler below if you would like a direct translation before reading:
    Claro, meu amor - Of course, my love
    Eu sou tua - I am yours
    Eu sou tua… E só tua - I am yours... And yours alone

By the way, the title (and general theme) of this chapter were inspired by one of my favorite songs by one of my favorite bands... So... You should totally listen to it ;) I totally think of it as the "theme song" of the beginning of Alex and Jade's relationship :tongue:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJvKnlEXhOo
    Post edited by CitizenErased14 on
    snvAF3B.png
    @CitizenErased14 One suggestion is to put a translation after the phrases in another language, for those of us who don't speak it. Maybe not the first part, but the last part. But that's adorable (The great and mighty Google Translate helped understand...)!

Alright, it's official. I'm on the Jalex ship now...
    edited December 2015
    @SilentWolf101 I had considered that, but I don't know. I feel like it takes away something to translate it. It would feel "cheap" to me, I guess.

I tried to make it implied instead of directly translating, to leave a little to the imagination. (I don't speak Portuguese either ;) Or German (there's a little German coming) :lol: But I have friends who do who helped :tongue:). I figured if people cared enough, they could use google translate like you did :lol:

If enough people are bothered by it though, I suppose I can start doing direct translations. But it will be painful for me :lol: But I do want happy readers! :tongue:

I'm glad you're on the Jalex ship now though :)
    snvAF3B.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top