Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ashes to Ashes: A Legacy [Temporary Hiatus 4/4]

Comments

• CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    I officially finished the last gen 8 chapter tonight! (I'm a couple ahead) I'm really sad that Ember's gen is coming to a close (I loved writing her so much <3 ) but I'm pumped for gen 9! I can't believe that after four years, the end of the legacy is finally in sight! Hopefully I can finish this thing before I hit year 5 :joy:

Thank you to everybody who's been reading these past 8 gens and joining in this crazy ride!

Chapter coming tomorrow morning :) Ember's gen might be over for me, but you guys still get a little three-chapter "epilogue" ;):blush:
    snvAF3B.png
    Happy Saturday! Let’s jump ahead in time and see how things are going for Emberlynn and Xander...

8.58: Long Enough
    SXG9rm5.png
    snvAF3B.png
  • suzanna13suzanna13 Posts: 1,426 Member
    Great chapter! Everything is going very well except for one small black cloud. I love their costumes. Are they cc? The texture on Xander's is so real looking, like course old wool. EA or someone else did an excellent job.
  • haswhhaswh Posts: 2,863 Member
    Time jump yay! :)
    All is well and so many people married now. I can understand how Emberlynn feels but she really should include her Mom in a little or down the line she may regret it. So happy that their careers are going so well for them. Everything seems fine and dandy but it makes me feel like something is going to happen that's not so fine and dandy. :#
    Great chapter! :)
  • pkinitasimspkinitasims Posts: 80 Member
    Ember and Xander look amazing! Nice time jump. I'm very excited to see Gen9 <3
  • tinahjalmartinahjalmar Posts: 1,595 Member
    Very nice time jump! :smile: I love Ember's hairstyle! Can't believe she even talks to Gigi ... but I do see the point. Wow, seven years. Very nice time skip! I love it!
    @suzanna13 Yes, it’s all going so well! They’re both on their way to living their dreams... but there’s still some unfinished business with Gigi... And their costumes are cc, yes! They’re actually costumes from a video game I’ve never played haha but I thought they looked cool and you’re right — whoever made them did amazing!

@haswh I was so excited for this time jump! Lots of weddings, yes! :tongue: Things really are great, but you’re right — Ember probably will regret not letting her mom back into her life. Maybe she can finally find a way to reconcile with her? We can hope...

And what are you talking about? All fine and dandy over here! ;)

@pkinitasims Thank you! I think they look pretty great too hehe Gen 9 is so close now!

@tinahjalmar Glad you enjoyed! And yes, Ember does still talk to Gigi, but it’s VERY strained. I have this imagine in my mind of Emberlynn being due for a call to her mother, so she braces herself, gets Xander in the room for moral support, and sets a timer for five minutes. When it goes off after their awkward smalltalk, she makes an excuse to go and hangs up :joy: Repeat every few months LOL
    snvAF3B.png
  • AudreyFldAudreyFld Posts: 6,695 Member
    I love their new looks and they are so happy. And GEN 9 NOOBOO! Yes, I'm yelling! <3
    @AudreyFld I thought I heard some excited screams echoing in the distance... ;):tongue:

Glad you approve! I had so much fun giving them makeovers and giving a peek at their new lives :heart:
    snvAF3B.png
  • VanPelt81VanPelt81 Posts: 2,990 Member
    I like how after 7 years that Ember still hasn't forgiven her mother.
    @VanPelt81 The girl knows how to hold a grudge! :joy: Haha I think a big part of it is the distance and her reluctance to reach out to her mom... Her lack of communication with Gigi makes it easy to stay angry and harder to forgive... :grimace:
    snvAF3B.png
    I just thought of something. Has Ember looked for her father ... uh ... her birth father? Brandon was his name? I think? I mean I know Ember looked him up, but did she continue? Or does Ember not want to bring him into the mixture of what Gigi did?
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,751 Member
    I just thought of something. Has Ember looked for her father ... uh ... her birth father? Brandon was his name? I think? I mean I know Ember looked him up, but did she continue? Or does Ember not want to bring him into the mixture of what Gigi did?

I'm not the author.. but she didn't really want to wreck someone's else family due to her Mom's lies.
    6adMCGP.gif
    @tinahjalmar This is a great question! @MadameLee is right — Emberlynn never actually reached out to him, because she felt like it would be allowing her mom’s lie to ruin another person’s life, and she felt enough damage had already been done. Seeing his picture was enough closure for her (for now, at least!)
    snvAF3B.png
  • MonaSolstraaleMonaSolstraale Posts: 1,377 Member

I was so happy to see Emberlynn's smiling face in this section, after many sections of concerned brow wrinkles.
    Unfortunately, the worried face came back late in the episode. I hope for many more happy smiles in the future ;)

NB. I am really impressed with all the difficult topics you have addressed over the generations. I'm excited about what we can expect in the next generation.
    It's really a compelling story B)
    @tinahjalmar This is a great question! @MadameLee is right — Emberlynn never actually reached out to him, because she felt like it would be allowing her mom’s lie to ruin another person’s life, and she felt enough damage had already been done. Seeing his picture was enough closure for her (for now, at least!)

Ok!
  • pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    Man they got a whole lot HOTTER in Del Sol Valley. Can't wait to see the heir! :love:
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
    @MonaSolstraale Hehe she couldn’t escape the unhappy forehead wrinkles for long :tongue: And thank you so much for your kind words! :heart: This comment made me smile! I’m glad you’re enjoying the story and looking forward to Gen 9! :heart:

@pammiechick Hehehe guess that hot California sun did them some good ;) Hopefully their son will live up to his parents’ hotness meter ;)
    snvAF3B.png
  • VanPelt81VanPelt81 Posts: 2,990 Member
    Hopefully their son will live up to his parents’ hotness meter ;)

Why am I now hoping the Journal curse throws a monkey wrench in this and he ends up looking like Joey Ramone and being cool like him as well.
    @VanPelt81 Ha! You never know :tongue: Ah, the journal curse... it’s unpredictable!
    snvAF3B.png
    @pammiechick Hehehe guess that hot California sun did them some good ;) Hopefully their son will live up to his parents’ hotness meter ;)

I have a feeling he will. :smirk:
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
    @pammiechick Famous last words! :naughty: This will be the troll gen :tongue:
    snvAF3B.png
    @pammiechick Famous last words! :naughty: This will be the troll gen :tongue:

ROFL! That cute kid a troll? Bahahaaa!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
    @pammiechick Okay, okay, probably not a troll ;) But we shall see!

But first... gotta wrap up this gen though! And we are close! :scream:

8.59: Not Ready
    1IPFffk.png
    snvAF3B.png
  • haswhhaswh Posts: 2,863 Member
    Oh my! That last line. :'( Next chapter please! :p

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top