Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ashes to Ashes: A Legacy [Temporary Hiatus 4/4]

Comments

• haswhhaswh Posts: 2,863 Member
    Asher is a pessimist so sad. Looking forward to him at 30 and where he is at in his life! Great new banner and I see Lily is still there. I can always hope.
    Question who is in your *the name of it escapes me right now* picture with Asher by your name? Is that Asher or is it Mark?
  • CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    @MonaSolstraale Yes, looking for the future, but not with a very positive outlook :( Hopefully he won't keep that pessimistic outlook forever, but it's hard to say... Glad you're excited for the adult arc! I am too! Thank you :smiley::heart:

@AudreyFld YUP, the kid is a total cynic and assumes the worst about... pretty much everything now :grimace: Poor kid... And yay! I'm glad you like the new banner!

@haswh Yeah, he's definitely got a pretty bad outlook on things... But maybe the next decade or so will treat him kindly and help break some of that pessimism? Hopefully? Haha And yes, Lily is still a big part of Asher's life in the future! He's always referred to Ollie as his best friend, but Lily is really the one who has stuck by him unconditionally :heart:

Are you asking about my avatar? :smiley: My forum avatar is actually a pic from Xander and Emberlynn's wedding (so long ago now :scream:)
    snvAF3B.png
  • VanPelt81VanPelt81 Posts: 2,990 Member
    edited April 2020
    Definitely looking forward to his Residency when he is in his 30's. Maybe he will find some doctor or nurse he works with hot and get himself a new man (perhaps after a dry spell of over a decade of one night stands that didn't amount to anything).

Also, Asher looks so much like his grandfather as an adult man with a beard.
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,750 Member
    I mentioned it before but the "curse" seem to affect everyone the main characters of the generation come in contact with wether its a diary-entry (most) of the time or like @AudreyFld 's story.
    6adMCGP.gif
    @VanPelt81 Hehe glad you're looking forward to seeing Dr. Rosebrook ;) And maybe he will find a new love! We can hope... Poor dude. :( (And yes, he does resemble Phoenix with that hair and beard! Haha)

@MadameLee Haha that's the nature of drama, huh? It spreads to everyone around!
    snvAF3B.png
    Paging Dr. Rosebrook... ;) Time for a Time Jump!

9.36: Happy Endings
    6Y1H0e0.png
    snvAF3B.png
  • MonaSolstraaleMonaSolstraale Posts: 1,374 Member
    edited May 2020
    Still pessimistic….? :/
    .... but otherwise it seems to be going well :)<3
    (Penny is still a pain in the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 :s )

Now I'm excited about what the future offers ;)
    I know a tenth generation is coming ...and I don't suppose ....
    gasp!! maybe Penny will bee the heir ?!!! :scream:
    Post edited by MonaSolstraale on
    @MonaSolstraale The pessimism never left, unfortunately :( But he’s actually doing pretty well, over all! Maybe minus his sister being a pain! :joy:

Interesting heir idea.. I kinda pulled that back in Gen 4 with Jocelyne and Lucas, so anything is possible :tongue:
    snvAF3B.png
    edited May 2020
    With Penny being such a leech, I can see why Asher is so pessimistic. Asher should lay a few ground rules for Penny to continue living there (either rent or getting Asher some dudes so he can have some woohoo times of his own.) If not, he should force Penny to move back in with Mom & Dad (Ember can then have a journal entry of her daughter yet again moving back home and causing problems & embarrassment).
    @VanPelt81 You are so right -- Asher needs to set some boundaries... I'm LOLing at the idea of her helping him find guys of his own though :joy:

And poor Emberlynn... After everything she went through in her youth, do we really wanna subject her to having her bratty daughter back at home? :lol:
    snvAF3B.png
    I know you're almost done with your SimLit- but for future reference-you no longer need to use the Andrew/scumbo's teleporter you can just resize the gnomes in-game and as long as you have the MC gnome menu on use it and/or use MC->Sims comands->telport to make sims go in places if you're using poses
    6adMCGP.gif
    Thank you for the tip @MadameLee !
    snvAF3B.png
    Happy Wednesday! Here is this week's chapter :smiley: Today, Asher talks to Penny, and we get to see whether or not things have really changed over the years...

9.37: One of Those Nights
    E5YMcLI.png
    snvAF3B.png
  • haswhhaswh Posts: 2,863 Member
    Well Penny does have a heart. To bad it doesn't stick around more. Maybe this new guy will be 'the one' and she will move out. Who am I kidding probably not. :D Asher held his temper pretty good with Penny so that's good. His co workers are nice too. Although Kennedy looks different to me somehow. 🤷‍♀️
    @haswh Yes, there is a heart under there :joy: But she’s still an entitled brat, unfortunately... I think Asher would be very happy if this guy got her out of his hair! :joy: Maybe a little worried too though... he seems to sense red flags where she does not!

Glad you liked his coworkers! Asher needs some work friends in his life to stay sane, and luckily he has found a couple! Kennedy is actually transgender. To me it seemed to make sense that the combination of her sorta-Lily-like personality and being a fellow member of the lgbtq community would draw Asher to her as a friend. @VanPelt81 made Asher’s coworkers for me and he gave me some great personalities and backstories for them that helped a lot with writing this!

Thanks for reading! :heart:
    snvAF3B.png
    Penny, you really called everyone over Asher crashing on Lily's couch? What if Asher had slept longer and showed up home only for the police to be there looking for a missing person?

Loving the dynamic that Asher has with his co-workers (the ones he is friendly with). I will get a good laugh at "Dr. Devilson" when she finally shows up (and yells at Kennedy for calling her that to her face).
    @VanPelt81 Hahaha honestly, she probably would have freaked out enough to get the police involved at that point, yes :joy: This chapter I got to show my headcanon that another of Penny's flaws (beyond her spoiled/bratty ways haha) is that she is a WORRIER. Thankfully that particular flaw is slightly more endearing :joy:

Thank you again for Asher's coworkers! They were so fun! I'm also looking forward to when we finally meet Dr. Devilson too :tongue:
    snvAF3B.png
    There are so many new players to relate to :)
    I'm excited to get to know them a little better.
    Is there a new love interest in the absence?

Penny is still Penny, self-absorbed and selfless :/
    ....but it's nice to find out that she cares for her big brother after all <3
    I can understand Asher was quite surprised :joy:
    @MonaSolstraale Hehe new characters are always one of the most fun parts of a new arc! Glad you’re excited to meet them all! Including this mysterious Matt guy...

Penny has grown up in some ways, but definitely not in others :grimace: She definitely loves her brother though. Something she would never admit as a kid :joy: But it definitely threw Asher off! :joy:
    snvAF3B.png
    Happy Wednesday! Today Asher goes on a date with Matt...

9.38: Too Deep
    vvX5Sa8.png
    snvAF3B.png
    With College giving him heartbreak and having Matt not work out for reasons, Asher may really need that online dating profile now. ;) Otherwise he will be found dead after a lonely night of his favorite past times like he had at the end of the latest chapter.
    @VanPelt81 Poor Asher, RIP. A video game controller one hand and uh, well... you can probably imagine what would be in the other :joy:
    snvAF3B.png
    Asher definitely needs someone who can make him laugh and let go of the seriousness of life <3
    Where are you!? :/
    What Asher needs is a male partner who is *also* in the healthcare system. I mean yeah he did try once. but maybe he should try again?
    6adMCGP.gif
    edited May 2020
    @VanPelt81 Poor Asher, RIP. A video game controller one hand and uh, well... you can probably imagine what would be in the other :joy:

A Banana >:)
    MadameLee wrote: »
    What Asher needs is a male partner who is *also* in the healthcare system. I mean yeah he did try once. but maybe he should try again?

If he was pan he wouldn't have to settle with just looking for a male. He can go with anyone based on their personality, interests, and other aspects that made them who they are. That being said, Asher can't change who he is and who he's attracted to. Hopefully he can find himself a man.
    Post edited by VanPelt81 on

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top