Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ashes to Ashes: A Legacy [Temporary Hiatus 4/4]

Comments

• CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    @VanPelt81 Another interesting idea! Omg though... that movie looks absolutely insane :joy: Totally inspiration for Gen 9 though, 100% ;)
    AudreyFld wrote: »
    Is it five days yet?

Now it is ;)

8.27: Fire with Fire
    gTNvfdk.jpg
    snvAF3B.png
  • AudreyFldAudreyFld Posts: 6,695 Member
    VanPelt81 wrote: »
    Skcaga6 wrote: »
    The guy is youtube boy.

But I thought youtube boy was Ember's half brother from Pheonix's fling behind Gigi's back. Perhaps gen 9's heir will be like this if my theory is right...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07wEb5U-By8

Don’t swim in your own gene pool. Good advice!
    edited March 2019
    AudreyFld wrote: »
    VanPelt81 wrote: »
    Skcaga6 wrote: »
    The guy is youtube boy.

But I thought youtube boy was Ember's half brother from Pheonix's fling behind Gigi's back. Perhaps gen 9's heir will be like this if my theory is right...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07wEb5U-By8

Don’t swim in your own gene pool. Good advice!

Those are definitely some sage words of wisdom @AudreyFld ! (Not sure all sims like taking it though... *cough* @WagonFruit *cough* :tongue:)

The Rosebrooks definitely plan on sticking to that though! Although I’m sure there’d be some interesting genetic combinations if I experimented with that. Hmmm... :tongue:
    snvAF3B.png
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,751 Member
    edited March 2019
    @CitizenErased14 I'm was planning on google-translating the last Swanson chapter and since it's partly a song chapter- I just thought that apparently both Ember and Serenity are using/going to use each other's secrets to black mail each other. This song basically sums up basically Ember's chapter today

Got a secret/can you keep it?/Swear, this one you'll save/
    Better lock it in your pocket/take this one to the grave
    If I show you, then I know you wouldn't tell what I said/ two can keep a secret when one of them is DEAD
    Why do you smile like you been told a secret?/Now you're telling lies because you have sworn to keep it.
    No one keeps a secret/No one keeps a secret/why when we do our darkest deeds do we tell?
    They burn in our brains, become a living hell/
    Cause everyone tells, everyone tells

6adMCGP.gif
  • VanPelt81VanPelt81 Posts: 2,990 Member
    edited March 2019
    Knowing that the Rosebrook curse is strong with Emberlynn I think scenario number 2 will happen with her plan and then she will have to tell her parents about what is happening (Phoenix then can give some terrible advice that will make things even worse and will disclose about the time he found out about Emberlynn's uncles' relationship at the party with vomit on his banana). >:)

Then again it might have mercy for a little bit only to make it very bad later...
    @MadameLee Songs about secrets are definitely appropriate for the current situation! Thanks for sharing :)

@VanPelt81 That’s an interesting theory! But oh man... don’t know if Phee will ever tell ANYONE about what happened with his, uh... banana... That’s a mortifying secret he will carry to the grave! :joy: (I am totally sure Tam still has that pic of Phee’s non-puke banana that he likes to randomly text to Phee sometimes when he least expects it though :joy:)
    snvAF3B.png
  • haswhhaswh Posts: 2,863 Member
    You go Tristan! :) I hope their plan works like a charm! :) I can't think of anything a teen would think is so terrible that it would work for blackmail though. Can't wait to find out! On the edge of my seat!

I am think the guy in the banner is none other than “GeekWithAGuitar” or her half brother Zander. Guess we'll have to wait and see because you won't tell. :/>:) Maybe I could bribe you!? ;)o:)<3<3
  • RobotBeesRobotBees Posts: 145 Member
    I have been binging this for like a month and am finally caught up!

I appreciate the relevancy of what Ember is going through right now - it's a really big issue and is a disgusting violation of trust - I hope that she pulls through and the evil twins go down (and possibly to jail bc... hello, illegal) Also, Ember... rule number one - don't get your face in the frame!!

I also really hope that there is a happy ending eventually for Phee and Gigi - despite the love that they still have for each other, they are miserable and their kids deserve better.
    @haswh I missed you yesterday! Thanks for your comment :heart: Teenagers often have a different sort of worldview, so it could be almost anything! Definitely something Ember thinks is blackmail-worthy at least. Not sure whether an adult would feel the same but we’ll see :tongue: That’s the only clue I’ll give right now!

And interesting theories you’ve got there! As for bribes... depends on what you’re offering ;):tongue:

@RobotBees Ahhh! Thank you so much :heart: I know it’s cheesy to say, but seriously, I appreciate all the time you spent binging and catching up! That’s awesome of you :heart:

Ember’s situation definitely feels... timely, given like, the culture of our world right now. I thought of that a lot while planning this storyline! Fingers crossed that her revenge will work! Her current hope is that the counter-blackmail will prevent having to get the law involved but... time will tell!

And AMEN about Phee and Gigi :( Like you said, there’s still some love and some good times for sure. But unfortunately there’s also a lot of bitterness, resentment, and fighting mixed in. Their marriage is a total rollercoaster ride that’s not doing themselves or their children any good! :bawling:
    snvAF3B.png
    Chapter coming your way tomorrow!

We are only three chapters away from the YA arc... Then the REAL fun can begin ;):naughty:
    snvAF3B.png
    Chapter coming your way tomorrow!

We are only three chapters away from the YA arc... Then the REAL fun can begin ;):naughty:

We will see the take down get taken down! :joy::joy::joy:
    Haha we’ll see how that takedown goes @AudreyFld ...

8.28: Not So Sweet
    ETLBr4K.jpg
    snvAF3B.png
    Let me guess the next chapter Papa and Ember will have a "talk" or something. Since you can't keep stuff from your parents
    6adMCGP.gif
  • DamaroDamaro Posts: 387 Member
    Uuuuuh, Ember, that was some cruel, low punch. :worried:
    I'm glad she has consciousness left to feel that horrible about it and not really believing what she said there about it. Tho she should have handled it a bit less vicious while handling it out, I can see where that act came from, considering the weeks of torment she had to go through. It's human, you really see the humane faults of Emberlynn there to wrongfully hurt others like that. >.>
    I'm glad you showed through Embers thoughts (and your disclaimer at the end) that it's def. not okay to act and judge like that over people who need therapy (speaking from experience here). Serenitys words also did hit home, they carried much truth and showed that even Serenity has some wisdom. They both seemed so much more human than how we saw them through Embers eyes till now. You actually made me root for the twin tormentors in this chapter, gj!
    I'm intrigued how Ember/Phee (and you as the author) handle this in the coming chapters.
    I am very curious as to how much Ember will tell her father.He obviously knows something is wrong...
    @MadameLee Good guess ;) But we’ll find out soon!

@Damaro You’re so right — this was a very “human” error for Ember to make here. She let her anger and emotions get the best of her and it made her take things WAY too far. And whether she meant the words or not, they still did a lot of damage. She sees that now, but... it’s too late to take any of it back :/

The one thing she has going for her is that at least she knows what she did was wrong. Trent and Serenity are still living in a world of denial where they still can’t see the damage THEY caused on their end. It’s all very messy. Ah, teenagers...

@AudreyFld Yes, he 100% knows something’s up! Next chapter we’ll see how much she tells him (if anything!)
    snvAF3B.png
  • haswhhaswh Posts: 2,863 Member
    And so the secret is that the twins are in therapy. They sure need it but it doesn't seem like it has helped them so far as I can see. They are mean and spiteful people! All be it with problems but...
    What Emberlynn did was wrong but I also can understand how a teenager would think that it would help her situation. Although her plan really didn't work in the long run. Everyone is hurt all the way around.
    It should be interesting to see what Emberlynn and her Father talk about if anything!
    They were either bullied or "something" by either a parent, or by another relative or maybe an ex-friend in elementary school. Remember the former bully in Harper's arc? The one who ends up sharing a cell w/ Harper?
    6adMCGP.gif
    @haswh Yes, this chapter was one of the times when Ember was at her most... teenager-y, for lack of a better word. It was cruel and immature, but also something that she'd convinced herself was necessary. And she capitalized on the stupidity of OTHER teenagers (who are the type to possibly stigmatize the need for therapy) to twist the situation against the twins. She 100% stooped to their level, and all it did was hurt everyone involved :/ This was a very harsh lesson for our heiress! Maybe another lesson will be in store if she talks to Phee...

@MadameLee Those are some good theories/guesses! And yes, we ended up learning that Katie had a lot happening behind the scenes in her life, and now we know that the twins do too. :/
    snvAF3B.png
  • VanPelt81VanPelt81 Posts: 2,990 Member
    Ember was a jerk to the Jerky McJerk Twins. Also, Phoenix will talk with his hid and give her bad advice most likely in the next chapter.
    @VanPelt81 That would be true Rosebrook style, wouldn’t it? :grimace: But I feel like Emberlynn really messed up bad enough this time that her father won’t let her off so easy! We’ll find out this weekend though...
    snvAF3B.png
    @CitizenErased14 once you get the chance could you PM me the link to your youtube channel? I need to watch the second video of "tips" for an upcoming chapter for myself
    6adMCGP.gif
    Done @MadameLee ! :) Hope it helps! :blush:
    snvAF3B.png
  • chocis2chocis2 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hey! I thought I'll try logging in here, but I can't remember any of the passwords, so... guess my old account is lost for good :(. But I'm here and with some thoughts on the story, too ;-).

The last chapter was definitely a bitter one, but also like, really good. Aside from the morally grey area of fighting blackmail with blackmail ( I say grey because terrible as it is, it was self-defense and Ember isn't planning on tormenting the Evil Twins for weeks, like they did to her. I hope.) - there is the way she did it. I get the reasoning that she had to make it believable, but she was so good at it. She knew all the "right" things to say. In a scary way, I was impressed. Guess she kinda takes it after Gigi a little? ( I'm not a Gigi hater, but she was skilled at manipulation).

I'm relived and glad she checked herself after enjoying the power While she's good-natured, I think it is important to be aware of one's dark-side. Now she can make conscious decisions not to go there (too often?). Maybe I'm going in too deep with all of this. My point is: it was very interesting to see Ember be cruel for a moment and the Evil Twins' vulnerability. *clap clap*. I can't wait to see what comes next. Also, will we ever find out why Trent and Serenity need therapy?

One more thing from previous chapter - it was a nice throwback with the earrings :). The circumstances how she got them may have been questionable, but the fact that Ember still cherishes them makes me think her relationship with Gigi is good...and that, despite being rich, she respect her possessions. I mean, that she's not spoiled or something. Not that this was ever a real Rosebrook vice, but by this generation of wealth and her parents being prone to sort of buying consolation - it could have happened.

All in all, I'm all for Ember. But also a drama addict. >:) My name is Chocis and…
  • SpinfurSpinfur Posts: 33 Member
    Hey I want to post here since I just discovered this story a few days ago, and I'm in absolute love with it, I'm trying to catch now when i have time however you really pull the emotion out of me when i read them because i feel for the characters :smile: Hopefully i can catch up now and try to interact with the current chapters a bit more.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top