Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ashes to Ashes: A Legacy [Temporary Hiatus 4/4]

Comments

• suzanna13suzanna13 Posts: 1,426 Member
    Wow, where has the time gone! Congratulations on three years. I found Dust to Dust through looking for completed stories and loved it so continued to read and am loving Ashes to Ashes. Thank you for 3 wonderful years.
  • CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    edited December 2018
    @MadameLee It’s so sweet of you to thank me :heart: And I’m glad to have offered you a bit of inspiration with your story! :blush:

@pammiechick It feels so close now compared to before! :scream:

@suzanna13 You’re so kind! Thank YOU for reading and always being so supportive and leaving your lovely comments in my thread. It means a lot :heart:

@YJB19299 You are so sweet! That post was incredibly kind of you :heart: And I haven’t forgotten that you were one of my original D2D readers :heart: It means so much to me that you’re still here!

In fact, I know I’m missing some people (and there are a few additional folks who are on WP but don’t have forum accounts that I know of!), but I’d really love to just give a massive shoutout to people like you: @pammiechick @Julyvee94 @SilentWolf101 @ra3rei @OJenn @BBQPenguinWings @BLAMSART @Jes2G @Simslover163 and @Eddie Sims who were folks who read D2D when it was current AND continued on to read A2A and are somehow still here (aren’t you sick of me yet? :joy:) I’ve lost so many readers during the past three years, and also gained many wonderful new ones. But you guys are my original gang and it means more than you’ll ever know that you’re still here. So thank you :heart: (And if you were an “original” and I forgot to give you a shoutout, I’m sorry :bawling: Call me out and I’ll add you to the VIP list :heart: )

Also, to answer your question, I always loved writing and I always loved the Sims... but as two separate things. However, while playing my sims, I would write little stories in my head and play them out using the sims. One day back in 2015, I had the idea of playing out the story of a boy who falls in love with a ghost and tries to bring her back to life. Then I was like “Hey, wouldn’t it be kinda cool to actually write this as a story and take screenshots from my game to illustrate it?” Which then led to “Wait... is that a thing people do?” *Does some Google searching* “OMG it IS a thing people do! Let’s try it!” :joy: And now I’m here :tongue:
    Post edited by CitizenErased14 on
    snvAF3B.png
  • Jes2GJes2G Posts: 13,032 Member
    giphy.gif

(...I hope you can tell that is me at my beach condo... :p )
    forum_final.png

Read Delicious Dishes & Dreams and more Stories By Jes2G!
    Origin ID: Jes2G | Forum Thread | Twitter | Tumblr
  • haswhhaswh Posts: 2,863 Member

Thanks for your questions! :smiley:

@haswh Thank you so much! As awful as it is, I understand why the majority of legacy stories don’t make it very far. Legacies are very hard because they’re so long and so much work... I never would have dreamed I’d make it this far!

As for favorites... OOH that is hard! I feel like every gen I’m like “Oh, THIS one is my favorite” :joy: I guess part of me has this extra-soft spot for the heirs that were hardest to love (Mari, Zayne, and Harper). They were (in my opinion lol I know I wrote them!) all so deep and complex, no matter how frustrating they were. There was always a lot going on under the surface for al three of them. My most flawed characters are usually the most interesting, to me! But I love Alex, Tobi, Stefan, Joce, and Phoenix too! My calmer heirs :joy: But I guess I love them in a different way.

As for most FUN to write... Well, he’s not an heir, but Tam’s constant D&D/Videogame references are SO fun for me. He sees the entire world through this filter of fantasy and its really fun to convey that in writing! I also love writing the kids’ journal entries. They’re always very fun too! :blush:/quote]

I can't even imagine the work it takes to write stories and then make the pictures work or the other way around!! :# I do know that I LOVE reading all the stories that I do and appreciate all the hard work that goes into it!! :) So a big THANK YOU to ALL the wonderful authors I know, including you @CitizenErased14 !! <3<3<3<3<3
  • SeaDragonSongSeaDragonSong Posts: 2,324 Member
    Congratulations on those three years! It's been so long since you've started, but it's really come so far! I've enjoyed every chapter, and I'm looking forward to what's to come! I may not remember to comment on every chapter, but I read them. Thanks for all the effort you put into making this an enjoyable and gripping drama! :blush:
    Story_Banner.png
    Twists In Time And Space (Updated December 2nd 2018. New discord server!)
    Bob Bobson (Updated August 12th 2019)
    HA! @Jes2G Probably safe to stay there through all 10 gens, tbh... Enjoy your popcorn and tropical drinks ;):tongue: And thank you for being a reader for so long!!!!! :heart:

Thank you again @haswh :heart:

@SeaDragonSong Thank you so much! I appreciate that you have been such a supportive reader :heart: (and never worry about not commenting on every chapter!)
    snvAF3B.png
  • SAEldarinSAEldarin Posts: 428 Member
    @CitizenErased14 Congratulations on three years! I'll never forget discovering D2D -- I've been reading SimLit since TS2 days, but I was late coming to the party for TS4. D2D was one of the first that pulled me back in. I've enjoyed A2A equally as much, but D2D still remains vivid, with a life all its own -- even after all this time.

Thanks for sharing your amazing stories with us!
  • kayt45kayt45 Posts: 434 Member
    Congrats on 3 years!!
    Thank you @SAEldarin :heart: And thank you for the D2D love too! That story will always be so special to me (and I do have dreams of turning it into a small series of novels someday... but it’s very much a pipe dream! Haha)

Thank you so much @kayt45 ! :heart:
    snvAF3B.png
  • xbecky685xxbecky685x Posts: 323 Member
    Wow 3 years! Amazing! I love this story and always look forward to a new chapter. Also i love the drama so keep it coming! :D
    Gallery xbecky685x
  • SassieSassie Posts: 293 Member
    Congrats on 3 years! :smiley:

I don't know exactly when I started reading this story, but it must have been about 2 years ago. The first generations I've bingeread (that took a couple of long evenings... :wink:), and I think I caught up around the start of Zayne's generation. But I'm still hooked and curious about the happenings and developments in the lives of the Rosebrook heirs and their families and friends. <3 Thank you for al the frequent updates! :smile:
    Currently playing the Abbott household (4th generation now: Theo).
    edited December 2018
    @xbecky685x @Sassie Thank you both so much! Your kind words mean a lot :heart:

Next chapter should be tomorrow, by the way! ^_^ (assuming I finish screenshotting tonight). Last child chapter! :scream: (got impatient and changed to my teen banner already though :joy:)
    snvAF3B.png
    I love your banner! Emberlynn was a very pretty child but a gorgeous teen! Watch out boys! :)
    haswh wrote: »
    Watch out boys! :)

Oh just you wait... :naughty:

:innocent: I mean, thanks @haswh ! I think she’s gorgeous too :love:
    snvAF3B.png
  • AudreyFldAudreyFld Posts: 6,695 Member
    Congrats on three years! I too found Dust to Dust after it was complete and were thrilled to see you were writing a new story - so I HAD to jump on that one. So very, very glad I did! :)
    edited December 2018
    @AudreyFld Thank you, Audrey :heart: I'm so glad you found it too... Because I found a super awesome friend/Simlit-Mama ;):tongue::heart::kissing_heart:
    snvAF3B.png
  • AudreyFldAudreyFld Posts: 6,695 Member
    @AudreyFld Thank you, Audrey :heart: I'm so glad you found it too... Because I found a super awesome friend/Simlit-Mama ;):tongue::heart::kissing_heart:

Thanks! Simlit Mama! I should change my User Name - if you could! :joy::joy:
    Happy Thursday! Today Emberlynn and Zelda spend some time together :)

8.5: Marriage Penalty
    3DpsHNj.jpg
    snvAF3B.png
  • superkyle221superkyle221 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Good for Emberlynn! There's no reason to get married when you can just have a big party instead!

(I'm guessing that this is how she'll manage to have children who are Rosebrooks... I'm kind of realizing that there aren't too many boys born into this family... I guess Stefan has some kids scattered around out there - he was married, yeah? But hey, marriage is a faux societal milestone and just because you're married doesn't mean you're a good person (can you tell that I've had this fight with several people in my family?))

Can't wait to see what she's up to next. I'm super intrigued by the pictures in the background - are those from the game, or were those downloads from somewhere else?
    I don't remember how to change my signature.
    @superkyle221 Yeah, the Rosebrook name is kind of starting to die out! It peaked in Gen 4, and now they are dwindling :scream:

And yeah, Emberlynn may stick to this choice when she’s older! Or she could change her mind. But either way, it’s a very personal decision for her. Sorry it’s been the source of some arguing in your family! :(

I’m pretty excited for the teen arc too! :) And those pictures are actually from the new Get Famous EP! They are supposed to be “film artifacts” or something? I was excited because, since the actual plot of the teen arc is too hard to convey in a banner, I decided to instead focus on Emberlynn’s passion for fashion! And those drawings of outfits and accessories worked perfectly to show our little fashion designer at work :smiley:
    snvAF3B.png
    edited December 2018
    Oh my! Phoenix and Gigi look at the damage your causing your sweet little girl! This upsets me that they can't see it or are not involved enough to see it. They are so wrapped up in themselves. A bit selfish of them. :/ Don't get me wrong. I know they love their children very much!

On a positive note. I love Emberlynn and her un-wedding. And Zelda and how she will fly down the isle! Children and their little minds, so cute! <3 Oh and cookies from Oma! Yummy!!

Really looking forward to the teen arch! I hope I won't get too upset with Emberlynn's choices. You said she looked up to her Oma's teen years, if that is so where in a bumpy ride. But then again it's always a bumpy ride with you! :D

I still stand by remarks earlier about Xander and Emberlynn.
    haswh wrote: »
    I somehow see Emberlynn and Xander finding each other after many years and getting together then finding out they are siblings!! :o:# Why, I don't know, just have a feeling about this. ;):p (I think it happened awhile back to two people).

• ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    Okay. I looked at the updated family tree and I miss Zayne. He was so annoying but probably my favourite character arc. *unpopular opinion...probably*

Question: Is Hope still alive or is she gone too?
    @haswh It’s okay to call them selfish! They are, in a way. I think you can be selfish but still love your kids too (in fact, many Rosebrooks could probably qualify for that description :joy:) It’s definitely a subconscious selfishness on their part. But doesn’t make it any less damaging :/

Glad you liked the cuteness! I love writing kids for that reason — so much sweetness and cute little things you can throw in! Ah, to be young again! Haha

And don’t worry too much about Ember! I was actually kidding when I compared her to Harper :tongue: If anything, she’s almost more like Phoenix’s teen arc. But in a different way... I can’t really explain it without spoiling it! Haha

@Bugsie2016 I’m glad you loved Zayne’s story. I did too! I will always have a soft spot for him (maybe because he was the heir most inspired by my own personality flaws :thinking:)

As for Hope, yes, she has passed away by now :( But she will come up a bit in the teen and YA arcs! This probably isn’t a spoiler because I’ve been about as subtle as a sledgehammer about this LOL but Emberlynn is really into fashion/fashion design. So she will be very inspired by pictures of her beautiful supermodel great-grandma! :blush:
    snvAF3B.png
  • VanPelt81VanPelt81 Posts: 2,990 Member
    edited December 2018
    After reading the latest chapter, I feel bad for Emberlynn and her reasoning of why she doesn't want a wedding. Way to screw up your kid Phoenix. You had to be married for the kids even though you can't/won't realize that they'd be better off if you weren't fighting with Gigi over stupid things constantly.
    @VanPelt81 Yes, it’s a sad sort of irony :( They stayed together for Emberlynn, but their staying together and constant fighting seems to be having a negative effect on her. It’s tough for her to see :cry:
    snvAF3B.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top