Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ashes to Ashes: A Legacy [Temporary Hiatus 4/4]

Comments

• Options
    VanPelt81VanPelt81 Posts: 2,990 Member
    I'm glad that Emberlynn made friends with Xander..
    Who unbeknownst to each of them are half-brother & half-sister thanks to Phoenix & his cheating ways.
  • Options
    CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    @VanPelt81
    Haha not an impossible theory! There have been some good ones thrown around here and WP. I love all the speculation hehe ;):naughty:
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    haswhhaswh Posts: 2,863 Member
    I somehow see Emberlynn and Xander finding each other after many years and getting together then finding out they are siblings!! :o:# Why, I don't know, just have a feeling about this. ;):p (I think it happened awhile back to two people).

Loved how what was really happening at the wedding played out in the background while Emberlynn got to know her friend and learn a bit of English. Very clever and leaves a bit to the imagination! Also where was Lola's better half? Hmmm
  • Options
    @haswh That is an intense theory (especially coming from you hehe :heart:) But you never know!

Glad you enjoyed the dual storylines here (well, one was super subtle. But still there! Haha) Lola might have had a date to the wedding, hard to say... if she did, she probably wouldn’t have wanted to talk to Phee when he was around! :grimace:
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    Came here thinking that there would be a chapter today. :p You have programed me for Saturday's. ;) I shall wait though. Your RL takes precedence!! Enjoy your day! :)<3
  • Options
    ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    edited December 2018
    Aww. Glad to see Ember made a friend. I feel that will be important later. (Also, I'm on board with the they meet again when they're older theory.)
  • Options
    Sorry @haswh :( Tomorrow or Monday! Hoping for tomorrow, but it depends on if I can get my screenshots! (This chapter is super short, only 1000 words, so I won’t need a lot of pics, at least!) I love that you thought of my story today :heart:

@Bugsie2016 That theory has been a popular one! We shall see... :tongue: (lol my go-to line :joy:)
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    Sorry @haswh :( Tomorrow or Monday! Hoping for tomorrow, but it depends on if I can get my screenshots! (This chapter is super short, only 1000 words, so I won’t need a lot of pics, at least!) I love that you thought of my story today :heart:

@Bugsie2016 That theory has been a popular one! We shall see... :tongue: (lol my go-to line :joy:)

Xander is biasedly one of my favourite characters so far because one of my own characters, who is probably also one of my favourites, is called Xander. This chapter was slightly er, trippy (?) because of that. XD But I don't think this will be the only time we'll hear from him so guess I should get used to it.
  • Options
    Happy Sunday! :blush: Emberlynn's back to writing in her journal today, as the Rosebrooks prepare to head back home...

8.4: Curse
    5OYP81N.png
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    LadyTigressLadyTigress Posts: 183 Member
    Im calling it right now, Phee and Gigi are gonna crash and burn and it will end with a divorce!
  • Options
    DamaroDamaro Posts: 387 Member
    Im calling it right now, Phee and Gigi are gonna crash and burn and it will end with a divorce!

Gawd, my poor heart, for a moment I thought you were talking about the plane flight :scream: .

Three years! Time / the generations sure fly by. It makes me sad tho to know that it will be over in 2 gens. :cry:
  • Options
    purplestarz2006purplestarz2006 Posts: 340 Member

Yeah, I think Phoenix and Gigi have passed the point of no return.

Ember is 9 at this point (assuming my math is correct), meaning that the issue with Lola happened roughly a decade ago. And still, just seeing her at a wedding was enough to sour every interaction for days. Given what we saw in the background at the wedding, it looked like Phoenix was having a polite, social conversation with Lola. Granted, we don't know what he was saying, but it's not like Gigi caught them making out in a closet. If she is so insecure about the state of their relationship that she can't stand to watch him make small talk at a wedding (especially considering that she did the same thing-it's not like only one of them cheated here) then it is time to call it quits-especially if they are unable to keep it civil for the sake of their kids. Even if Phoenix and Gigi assume that the kids don't understand what's going on, they do know that the kids are at least aware of it given how often they have to explain it to them.

Go back to counseling and get it worked out there, away from the kids, or get a divorce while at least one of your kids is still young enough to think this is all caused by literal ghosts. Phoenix may not have wanted to raise his kids in a split household, but I bet Ember and Tristan would much rather prefer two calm houses rather than one combat zone.

On another note, congratulations on hitting the three year mark! That's quite an achievement! (And random tangent, where did you get those superhero costumes for Ember and Zelda because those are adorable and I need them in my game!)
    TranquilityCreekBannerMaskssmall.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    @LadyTigress They could definitely be headed that way! But hopefully not? (Or maybe hopefully yes, depending on your POV :joy:)

@Damaro Shhh! Do not spoil my plane-crash plot twist! ;):tongue: And yes, we are getting close to the end (finally!) :scream: I know that the legacy is “supposed” to end as soon as gen 10 is born, but I think I might do a brief Gen 10 to close out the legacy. We’ll see! :blush:

@purplestarz2006 You’re so right — there are still some very deep-seeded issues with PheeGi, even after a decade :/ That’s part of why they always end up fighting. They DO have good times (as Ember has mentioned) but they both harbor a lot of insecurity and resentment, even now. And because of that, they’re kind of easily “triggered”, and get into spats a lot. And this trip to Brindleton Bay was the biggest trigger they’ve had :grimace: And I think you’re right — at first, a divorce would be hard on the kids. But in the long-run, Tristan and Emberlynn would probably be a lot happier if their PARENTS were happier too, like Harper said long ago...

Thank you for the congrats, by the way! :smiley: And as for those costumes... I don’t remember! :( They came in a set that included a bunch of child superhero/supervillain outfits that I found on tumblr back in Zayne’s childhood (it’s the same set that his imaginary friend Bruce’s Batman costume came from, if you remember him!)
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    Merry Christmas and/or Happy Holidays!! I had a fantastic day filled with Joy, wrapping presents and happy Christmas shows and music on the old TV!! Big surprise was a horse drawn carriage full of carolers stopped at my house and asked for me, ME! They sang a song and went on to spread their holiday joy to others! Made me cry and smile all at once!! :):joy: I hope some of my Joy and happiness trickles into you all for the next few weeks till the big day!! I also had the pleasure to find out tonight I missed not one but two stories and am so happy I could read them now! :):):):):)

Happy Three years Amanda!! <3<3 I will be one of those faithful followers to finish this generational story with you! I am excited to see what you bring for us and have loved reading all the generations up till now!!

Emberlynn words of advice from me to you. 1.You will survive that million jillon year flight! I promise. 2.Just keep smiling things always work out in the end! 3.Think about how much fun you will have at that comic con! :) I can't wit to see your costume! :)
  • Options
    @haswh Sorry it took me so long to reply to you! I’m glad you had such a wonderful day yesterday :heart: Hopefully today was just as good!

I appreciate you for always being so supportive of me and my story, so thank you :heart: And Ember thanks you for your words of advice... especially about how fun the con is going to be. She agrees! :tongue:
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    VanPelt81VanPelt81 Posts: 2,990 Member
    I like that Emberlynn acknowledges that there is a curse involving her family though at the same time it's not the place that is cursed as much as the Rosebrook family; in particular the one that has the journal. A good chapter getting into the mind of Emberlynn.
  • Options
    @VanPelt81 Ha! @AudreyFld said the same thing — the real curse is the journal :tongue: Poor thing should just burn it now before it’s too late... :naughty:
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    As promised, here is a sappy little post for today (as well as an invitation... anyone have any questions for me about A2A? Serious or silly, I will answer them unless they’d spoil the story hehe)

Three years ago today, a bright-eyed young man named Alex Rosebrook got on a plane to Windenburg... and the rest is history ;)

When I first started A2A, I genuinely meant for it to be relatively light and very game-driven. I’d just finished Dust to Dust and wasn’t ready to let that family lineage go quire yet, so I decided to start a Legacy with Lucas’ grandson as the founder.

My first gen really was entirely game driven... but Mari kind of ruined that :tongue: It all started with me going “hmm... wouldn’t it be fun to use the risky woohoo function to cause some baby-daddy drama?” and then it all sort of snowballed from there and it all because extremely plot driven and very melodramatic!

I know my style of drama isn’t exactly for everyone, but I’ve been finding it really fun to write these heavily flawed characters who manage to mess things up spectacularly, learn some valuable lessons along the way, and end up better, in the end. Redemption arcs are kind of my jam, and I am super self-indulgent with them in this story, I admit! Haha

Anyway, over the past three years I have genuinely come to love the Rosebrook family more than any other characters I’ve ever written. Even the most controversial ones have wormed their way into my heart. Their lives and personalities may be a bit over the top sometimes, but I really feel so connected to this family and their journey. And I hope you guys do too :heart:
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    I have loved this story right from the beginning of Dust to Dust!! <3<3 I', so excited to actually read a story that goes a whole 10 generations! <3 Most people fizzle out after a few gens. :/ Who was your favorite character the one you loved or love the most? Who was the funnest character for you to write? Mari was my favorite, I just felt her pain so much! <3<3
  • Options
    pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    Do you have an idea of how you want the legacy to end? Like a pseudo plan?
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    Thanks for your questions! :smiley:

@haswh Thank you so much! As awful as it is, I understand why the majority of legacy stories don’t make it very far. Legacies are very hard because they’re so long and so much work... I never would have dreamed I’d make it this far!

As for favorites... OOH that is hard! I feel like every gen I’m like “Oh, THIS one is my favorite” :joy: I guess part of me has this extra-soft spot for the heirs that were hardest to love (Mari, Zayne, and Harper). They were (in my opinion lol I know I wrote them!) all so deep and complex, no matter how frustrating they were. There was always a lot going on under the surface for al three of them. My most flawed characters are usually the most interesting, to me! But I love Alex, Tobi, Stefan, Joce, and Phoenix too! My calmer heirs :joy: But I guess I love them in a different way.

As for most FUN to write... Well, he’s not an heir, but Tam’s constant D&D/Videogame references are SO fun for me. He sees the entire world through this filter of fantasy and its really fun to convey that in writing! I also love writing the kids’ journal entries. They’re always very fun too! :blush:

@pammiechick That’s a great question! And... I do! I’ve had it planned since Zayne’s gen, actually! Legacies are tricky because they are generational just kinda keep going and going. It’s hard to figure out something that feels like an “end”, you know? But I have figured one out for this story, I think! That’s the only “clue” I’ll give, I guess :tongue: It’s going to conclude in a way that feels like an ending, rather than just “Okay this gen ended and it was the last one, so... bye!” If that makes sense haha :tongue:
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    YJB19299YJB19299 Posts: 5,801 Member
    WEEHEE, LETS CELEBRATE :mrgreen:

Its been such a blast, I loved Dust To Dust and I love Ashes To Ashes equally. Everytime when a New part comes, I click in it without hesitation because this has become Like a routine to me. Also I reckon that your style of storywriting has evolved over the last years :heart: (Also I still love the fact that the story plays in my Homeland Germany :joy:) Keep up the amazing work and stay who you are: An amazing writer and person (and occasionally an evil Mastermind :p)
    c6fj8ujnodut.png
  • Options
    YJB19299YJB19299 Posts: 5,801 Member
    Oh, and I almost forgot the question there xD

Now did you actually come up with combining the Sims with storywriting? Was this always a goal of yours or did this evolve over the Years of playing?
    c6fj8ujnodut.png
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,753 Member
    Would it be weird if I actually thank you? Since I had tried in the past (start of sims 4) to write a legacy but didn't how how to deal with it. It's was reading (I guess) Ashes 2 Ashes- that got me the idea of journaling that and the drama that happened which made me think of drama for my own story which turned into the Swanson Legacy (which i'm currently rewriting)
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    Sounds great! At least you know where you're going. Egad! Only three more gens left! :scream:
    iTvMKZ8.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top