Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ashes to Ashes: A Legacy [Temporary Hiatus 4/4]

Comments

• CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    @superkyle221 Glad you're enjoying Ember! DEFINITELY not like her dad! :joy: and oh man... that vision of her future... Hopefully not Hallie 2.0, but hey, you never know! :tongue: (Also, I'm sure Ember would give you a free pass for being lazy with your costume, don't worry :tongue:

As for Mason and Xander and any other boys... Only time will tell ;) Lots of gen ahead! :tongue:

And in answer to your question, like @Bugsie2016 said, I believe MCCC does offer that option. But the mod I use for changing my sims' emotions is called "Enable Advanced Debug/Cheat Interactions". It broke with that patch that broke all the script mods, but it was fixed. You can find the updated mod in the comment section on MTS here (hopefully this links right to the comment with the updated mod!)

@VanPelt81 Yup! A few casting call sims were in attendance! :smiley: It was fun to put the costumes on them hehe. And yes, Emberlynn is full of raging teen hormones and probably would have made out with whoever was under that helmet, no matter what :joy:

Also, I approve of this duck race answer! :joy: Much better than the lame answer they got at the panel!

I'm glad you like her @pammiechick ! Definitely different than her father, with some sass and lots of confidence :tongue: As for trouble on the horizon... Maybe a little :innocent: But you're right -- totally not Harper-level haha

And yes, hopefully if she ends up doing more than make out with her robot in shining armor (or any other guy who comes her way) she will be safe... :grimace:
    snvAF3B.png
  • kayt45kayt45 Posts: 434 Member
    I really like confident Ember (birth control and ditch the journal!)
  • AudreyFldAudreyFld Posts: 6,695 Member
    @kayt45 wrote: »

Good advice! Lol....
    @kayt45 Haha yes, Ember is probably the most confident heir I’ve had so far! She’s fun already :) And LOL I agree with @AudreyFld :joy: Goof advice that all Rosebrooks could have used, honestly :tongue:
    snvAF3B.png
  • DamaroDamaro Posts: 387 Member
    edited December 2018
    Emby is such a cool fusion of both her parents and their tempers! Geek with confidence.
    kayt45 wrote: »
    Aye, also speak to your parents and read your ancestors journals! Get some wisdom before it is too late and the Rosebrook gene*s do their damage. :D
    @Damaro I freaking love the nickname “Emby” :joy::heart: And I’m so glad she seems like a good blend! That’s really what I was going for. Minus her guilty/sad moments related to her infidelity and the marriage issues last gen, Gigi is a very strong and confident person (and a little fiery! :joy:). And we all know that Phoenix is super geeky and super sweet. So I really wanted Ember to kind of get the best of both her parents — she has Gigi’s confidence and strength, but (we’ll see more as time goes on) she also has Phoenix’s kindness and, of course, geekiness too!

Also lol another worried about the Rosebrook curse, eh? :joy: Poor thing. Hopefully she’s not doomed!
    snvAF3B.png
  • ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    edited December 2018
    You know, it's kinda funny that (possibly on purpose) Ember isn't a hot-head (well as far as we know). xD Given that an ember is part of a dying fire (aka opposite of hot-head)

Just thought I'd point that out given her ancestors...
    edited December 2018
    Hehehe good point, @Bugsie2016 ! It’s true that she doesn’t have the hotheaded trait, and is therefore living up to her name! :tongue:

I never got to work it into the story, but the background behind Ember’s name is that Gigi wanted to name their baby after Phoenix in some way (as a gesture of love and kindness while they were in the process of trying to repair their marriage!) so since a Phoenix rises from the ashes, they went with a name also related to fire/ashes :tongue: (Also by this point in the Legacy I’m just kinda having fun being ridiculous and giving my heirs vaguely ash-related names like Phoenix and Emberlynn :lol: Maybe the gen 9 heir should be named Ashton or something.... Ha! :joy:)
    snvAF3B.png
    Hehehe good point, @Bugsie2016 ! It’s true that she doesn’t have the hotheaded trait, and is therefore living up to her name! :tongue:

I never got to work it into the story, but the background behind Ember’s name is that Gigi wanted to name their baby after Phoenix in some way (as a gesture of love and kindness while they were in the process of trying to repair their marriage!) so since a Phoenix rises from the ashes, they went with a name also related to fire/ashes :tongue: (Also by this point in the Legacy I’m just kinda having fun being ridiculous and giving my heirs vaguely ash-related names like Phoenix and Emberlynn :lol: Maybe the gen 9 heir should be named Ashton or something.... Ha! :joy:)

Ashton and then Blaise ? :lol:
  • superkyle221superkyle221 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Aschenputtel! Or Ashley. Or Soot. Or Cinders. Or Ruß. Or Dusty. Or Blaze. Or Flame. Or Lucian.
    I don't remember how to change my signature.
    @Bugsie2016 @superkyle221 Something tells me I need to bring back the “multiple babies” part of the Rosebrook curse so I can use all those names :joy:
    snvAF3B.png
    edited December 2018
    @Bugsie2016 @superkyle221 Something tells me I need to bring back the “multiple babies” part of the Rosebrook curse so I can use all those names :joy:

That was something I was thinking about earlier (and was going to ask about but forgot). We haven't had multiples since Zayne's cousins.

But, not like I'm missing out on multiples (I have like 5 sets and 3 planned sets of multiples) ;)
    @Bugsie2016 Ha! Sounds like you have a lot! :scream:

As for A2A multiples... I used to let the game decide the number and gender of the babies for me in earlier gens, because there were times when it didn’t matter quite as much.

But starting with Zayne’s gen, for my plotlines to work, I needed the heirs to be single babies, and also the right gender too. So I had to start cheating and thus the multiples vanished! Maybe they will return before the Legacy’s over though? We shall see.
    snvAF3B.png
    Planning on publishing the next chapter tomorrow morning! :blush: It’s a short one, but it’s Ember’s first teen journal, so very fun to write!
    snvAF3B.png
  • VanPelt81VanPelt81 Posts: 2,990 Member
    kayt45 wrote: »

I wonder if Emberlynn has found the old journals. That would help give her the insight on the journals being the curse.
    AudreyFld wrote: »
    Good advice! Lol....

I agree with this.
  • SassieSassie Posts: 293 Member
    Late comment, but Emberlynn is growing up!! And instead of a 'Ferienflirt' a GeekCon-Flirt. :grin:

(and nice to see a familiar face int the crowd at the panel :blush: )
    Currently playing the Abbott household (4th generation now: Theo).
    @Sassie Yes, growing up very quickly over here :scream: (Also, I’m intrigued by what Ferienflirt means... all my google searches of it just bring up German sites :joy: (Obviously I get the flirt part, but... :tongue:)

Thanks for reading! And I’m glad you enjoyed the little glimpses of casting call people so far :blush:
    snvAF3B.png
    Happy Saturday! Time for Emberlynn’s first teen journal, where we get an update on what’s going on with her and her robot in shining armor ;)

8.7: Fluke
    C97da4Q.jpg
    snvAF3B.png
  • haswhhaswh Posts: 2,863 Member
    Wow @shamanaza Hit the nail on the head with their comment!! (A huge mega-meta circle) I love that idea and it would be awesome if you used it!! <3:)

When Emberlynn said: "Sometimes I kinda wonder if this thing is moving way too fast or something" I think it is so true. Maybe a little too fast for someone her age. She will definitely have a very interesting teen arch! :p

Love her room very fitting for a fashion designer, and so pretty too! <3
    @haswh Yeah, I thought it was pretty brilliant! As if mentioned before, Phoenix and Emberlynn’s names intentionally have a fire/ash connection because I thought it’d be fun to incorporate near the end of the Legacy. But I hadn’t considered the dying fire idea, it’s pretty brilliant! I might use it! :)

Things are definitely a little on the fast side for Ember... she’s full of hormones and a guy is showing her sexual attention for the first time ever, so she is diving right in! Definitely could lead to an interesting arc ;) Hehe

And thank you! I can only take a tiny bit of credit there. @WagonFruit originally made that lovely pink room for Phoenix’s sister Lila! I just have it a little fashion-y makeover for Ember, thanks to some great cc I found!
    snvAF3B.png
  • SeaDragonSongSeaDragonSong Posts: 2,324 Member
    She is a lot like Gigi, and I'm already wondering how that will effect her.
    Story_Banner.png
    Twists In Time And Space (Updated December 2nd 2018. New discord server!)
    Bob Bobson (Updated August 12th 2019)
  • SassieSassie Posts: 293 Member
    edited December 2018
    @Sassie Yes, growing up very quickly over here :scream: (Also, I’m intrigued by what Ferienflirt means... all my google searches of it just bring up German sites :joy: (Obviously I get the flirt part, but... :tongue:)

Thanks for reading! And I’m glad you enjoyed the little glimpses of casting call people so far :blush:

Well, my German is quite basic, but since my native language is quite close to it I can get the gist of it in most situations (the grammatical cases and gender/genus of words however can be a pain in the youknowwhat :cold_sweat: - though my native language is also difficult for foreign speakers, we've got also gender/genus difficulties). As far as I can understand out of googling it's basically a summer love (in my own language it's called 'vakantieliefde', liefde = Liebe = love and vakantie = Ferien = vacation).
    Post edited by Sassie on
    Currently playing the Abbott household (4th generation now: Theo).
    @SeaDragonSong Definitely a lot like her Mama, both in appearance and personality! Look out boys...? :grimace: Hahaha we’ll see!

@Sassie Ohhhh! Thanks! That makes sense, and is pretty much what i was assuming it meant. And that’s exactly what this is! A fun little summer fling. Ah, to be young again :tongue:
    snvAF3B.png
  • superkyle221superkyle221 Posts: 1,119 Member

Ferien is German for "vacation" or "holiday" - so like @Sassie said, it's essentially a holiday romance situation, where you flirt/romance somebody while on holiday. For a better idea, listen to "Vacation" by The Go-Go's, or, I guess, "Summer Lovin'" from Grease.

As for the latest chapter... Get it girl! I'm surprised she hasn't just gotten a ladder, but to be fair, when I lived in Germany I always lived too far up for a ladder to make any sort of difference and also the majority of the houses we lived in had marble stairs, so it's not like the ladder is always an option. Glad she's having a good time with her British friend with benefit, and glad she's not about to pull a Tobi.
    I don't remember how to change my signature.
    @superkyle221 I’m laughing so hard at your Grease reference because no lie, I’ve been giggling to myself and singing “Summer Nights” in my head whenever I write about Ember and Mason :joy:

Emberlynn is definitely enjoying her British FWB thoroughly ;) and you might be right that she should invest in a ladder. Ha! :joy:
    snvAF3B.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top