Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ashes to Ashes: A Legacy [Temporary Hiatus 4/4]

Comments

• YJB19299YJB19299 Posts: 5,801 Member
    Here is the silent lurker again, I was reading the episodes everytime :D
    Oh dear, that was an heavy episode :cry:

Poor Ivy, I knew she was in a bad state, but I never thought it would end like this :( I actually thought that Harper and Ivy would have a future together :( Also poor Harper, she was starting to get way better, and now its like everything that happened got erased, I really hope she doesn't do something irrational like she used to do :(
    c6fj8ujnodut.png
  • Skcaga6Skcaga6 Posts: 3,399 Member
    This pretty much says it for me.

tenor.gif?itemid=5620082
    wotgen6.gif?w=656
  • CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    edited April 2018
    @SAEldarin @YJB19299 (I’ve missed you, hope you’re well :heart:) @Skcaga6

All your comments were similar, so I’m doing a group reply hahha
    Yeah, this one was so hard to write :bawling: Ivy had so many demons. It’s heartbreaking... And poor Harper. I think the concern is warranted, unfortunately. :/ This has the potential to really destroy her :bawling:

Thank you all for reading!
    snvAF3B.png
  • haswhhaswh Posts: 2,863 Member
    @CitizenErased14 Wow you got me! I was expecting a nice happy visit and instead heartbreak! :heartbreak::bawling: I didn't even read all the comments like normal. Not my favorite pairing but you made it seem so good I was moving to their side. Poor Ivy! :heartbreak: Poor Harper this can't be good for her at all! :heartbreak::bawling:
    @haswh
    Sorry for this one :bawling: It hurt a lot... and I’m so worried for Harper :( She will have a lot of regrets after this, I fear. It’s like what happened with Joce... only maybe worse! :(
    snvAF3B.png
  • kayt45kayt45 Posts: 434 Member
    Aw. I’m going to admit that I don’t really like Harper (as a person, nothing against your writing or story Citizen, they are both fabulous as always) but ...
    this is still so sad. First Joce and now Ivy. I feel for Harper seemingly never getting to say the things she needs to say before it’s too late.
    edited April 2018
    @kayt45 It’s okay, Harper can be difficult to like! Lol
    yeah... this is going to mess her up terribly, I fear! It’s just like Joce all over again :(
    snvAF3B.png
    Hey guys!!!

I have an emergency!!!!

Do any of you guys know how to make cc tattoos, or know someone who makes good tattoos, and also takes requests? It’s a legitimate emergency for my story. Long story, but if anyone knows anyone please PM me ASAP! (Maybe even with pictures of some tattoos you or the person has made so I can get a feel for what they’re capabale of?)

It needs to be a brightly colored tattoo, so it’s not easy. So I’m really looking for someone with a lot of cc experience.

Thanks, guys!
    snvAF3B.png
  • ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    One word:
    IVY!!!!!!!!!!! :bawling:
    @Bugsie2016 I know :(
    snvAF3B.png
    Hey guys!!!

I have an emergency!!!!

Do any of you guys know how to make cc tattoos, or know someone who makes good tattoos, and also takes requests? It’s a legitimate emergency for my story. Long story, but if anyone knows anyone please PM me ASAP! (Maybe even with pictures of some tattoos you or the person has made so I can get a feel for what they’re capabale of?)

It needs to be a brightly colored tattoo, so it’s not easy. So I’m really looking for someone with a lot of cc experience.

Thanks, guys!

Bumping for tattoo help awareness :joy: Holding out for a hero! :heart:
    snvAF3B.png
  • SonniejjSonniejj Posts: 54 Member
    All right, so I typed this huuuuuge comment and tried to post it to the actual chapter, but for some reason it isn't showing up even though it tells me I've commented it. So, I'll paste it here and apologies if it shows up anyway!
    Ok, so I've had the time to process this and here comes my probably miles-long comment. I have a lot of thoughts^^

First of all, as heartbreaking as this is, I can't say it came as a complete surprise. When I realized something bad was going to happen, I first thought of suicide (which it of course could have been, we don't know that). Ivy has seemed depressed to me for a long time now - the constant guilt, the feelings of worthlessness or that she 'deserves' this, her forced smiles and happiness.

I also think this is what's kept me from fully jumping on board of this ship so long. Ivy has Always depended on Harper a little too much for my comfort. Harper reconnected with other friends and family, while Ivy just clung to Harper and was not solving her own issues in a constructive way (perhaps she wasn't given the right guidance, perhaps she just could not find the power within herself. I'm not judging her, just observing). It's like I had a feeling this could happen in the back of my mind which made me concerned about the relationship they were forming. If it evolved into a true romantic commitment, they would have been no less co-dependent than Harper and Erik were.

Also, I'm very concerned about what this can do to Harper. She was on the road to recovery and just got a massive blow pushing her back down. I am very scared all her hard work will be for nothing. I don't think she will abandon or neglect Phoenix (at least I hope not). I think she might turn into one of those helicopter parents she despised so much, AND I think it's going to take a loooooong time for her to let herself be happy again - if ever. I saw the picture of Joce and Mark as she was going down the stairs and it almost looked like a warning to me. I see a lot of guilt in Harper's future.

Lastly, I feel absolutely awful for Ivy's brother. Like I said, Harper is hurting but at least she has somewhat of a support system around her, even if she does not realize it. But Ivy's brother is now truly alone.

Honestly, I have not felt this worried about an heir's future in a long time. Usually I'm pretty optimistic, but given Harper's track record, I think there is a genuine chance she won't recover from this, or not for a very long time. Let's hope I'm wrong!
    sonniejj.wordpress.com

Frequent updates on my legacy story! Follow the Fiore's as their family legacy takes over Newcrest... and the world!
    @Sonniejj I just looked, and for some reason, your original comment got sent to my spam folder! :( I'll reply both places though :)
    Yeah, unfortunately it isn't too shocking (or at least, shouldn't be!) that things kinda came to this. There was so much darkness and so many demons Ivy couldn't escape from. Even before we knew her full story, I kinda tried to throw in hints that there was some darkness/sadness beneath the surface.

It's so true about the codependency aspect of their relationship as well.And that is going to make this all the more difficult for Harper to deal with, I fear. :( These next several chapters will be... well, you'll see!

And I love that you thought of Ivy's brother :heart: Exactly what you said in your comment comes up in a couple of chapters. He is so alone :( The poor guy!!!!

Hopefully there's still hope for a happy ending for Harper? :cold_sweat:
    snvAF3B.png
  • MrsRacooneyMrsRacooney Posts: 2,091 Member
    Ugh, well, the turn of events was surprising in the chapter but not so much afterward.
    after all, Harper was Ivy's shoulder to lean on when she had her episodes, so no wonder she gave in after she left. Harper was more than a few miles away, in freedom which is a bigger barrier than distance could ever be.

And while I still can't quite feel Ivy, this is of course not what anyone deserves.
    On a lighter account, Phoenix is so cute :love:
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
    @MrsRacooney
    Yeah, unfortunately it was very unlikely that things would ever end well for Ivy :( She was too lonely and had too many demons! :’(

Hehe and yes, Phoenix is so adorable isn’t he? I love him :heart:
    snvAF3B.png
    Happy Saturday!

Today I come bearing a new chapter, as well as news of a (hopefully temporary!) schedule change.

6.83: Two Hundred Milligrams
    Qme1Jxp.jpg
    snvAF3B.png
    HARPER!!!! Hopefully, Devin and Rylie help her through this. :'(
    Now, I have to wait ages to find out how this works out. (I don't mean Wednesday either. Some people know what I'm talking about but tomorrow is my last day of simlit 'til June.)
    @Bugsie2016
    Oh no :( Taking a break for school? We will miss you! :heart:
    snvAF3B.png
    @Bugsie2016
    Oh no :( Taking a break for school? We will miss you! :heart:
    Yep. Gonna miss all of you too. But, I do get to do some binge reading as MrsRacooney (not tagging her in case she hasn't caught up) put it.
  • SpectresValkyrieSpectresValkyrie Posts: 317 Member
    Oh Harper...this is so sad. I mean she has friends and family to help her get through all this
    ETagn5d.jpg
  • haswhhaswh Posts: 2,863 Member
    Poor poor Harper! :bawling::bawling: I am so glad she has her friends and her family if she lets them in. And hopefully she will cling to little Phoenix to stay with everyone and heal. She should go see someone too it would really help. Maybe after the funeral she can do this...

My thoughts and prayers are with you dear! <3 Two chapters a week is fine, your RL takes precedence!
    @SpectresValkyrie Yeah, she's lucky she isn't completely alone! :heart:

@haswh Thank you for your well-wishes about the RL stuff :heart: And I agree -- she really should probably get some kind of professional help for this :/ Even with her friends and family supporting her, this is a lot to go through on her own :(
    snvAF3B.png
  • WralaiWralai Posts: 477 Member
    NO
    :'c
    170424-CeYy_jT-qip.jpg[IMG][/img]
    Click on the image above to be sent to my legacy, The Galvez Legacy!
    @Wralai I’m sorry :bawling:
    snvAF3B.png
  • MrsRacooneyMrsRacooney Posts: 2,091 Member
    Good to see those three still are at her side, it would be weird anyway if they just left after all they've already been through with her? She was in jail and they stayed but not they part ways? Not so convincing. Well, at least we don't have to discuss that now :D Since they proved they're good friends.
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top