Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ashes to Ashes: A Legacy [Temporary Hiatus 4/4]

Comments

• CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    @Bugsie2016 @superkyle221 Thank you so much for your questions! I will answer them tomorrow :blush:
    snvAF3B.png
  • WralaiWralai Posts: 477 Member
    How do you decide the plot for each gem?
    170424-CeYy_jT-qip.jpg[IMG][/img]
    Click on the image above to be sent to my legacy, The Galvez Legacy!
  • simscognitosimscognito Posts: 16,599 Member
    edited December 2017
    Okay, so this question is a little bit different to the others, but I'd love to know what Alex and Tony are up to at the moment. I've actually forgotten what Tony does. I remember her writing novels when she was a teenager, a bit like Harper. Has she published any?

Edit: Just remembered, you can't give away plot details. Silly me. :D Is there a way you can answer the question without giving away much information? If not, ignore my question. :D I was just secretly a Tony fan.
  • SeaDragonSongSeaDragonSong Posts: 2,324 Member
    My question would be what would Joce and Mark's kids have looked like?

I'm also curious how you pick plots/themes for each gen!
    Story_Banner.png
    Twists In Time And Space (Updated December 2nd 2018. New discord server!)
    Bob Bobson (Updated August 12th 2019)
  • AudreyFldAudreyFld Posts: 6,695 Member
    My question would be what would Joce and Mark's kids have looked like?

I'm also curious how you pick plots/themes for each gen!

Yes. Would love to see Markyln kids!
    Today is a super busy one for me... hoping to be back with some answers either tonight or tomorrow though :blush:
    snvAF3B.png
  • WralaiWralai Posts: 477 Member
    edited December 2017
    If anyone has a TV Tropes account...
    http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/FanFic/AshesToAshesALegacy

This is just so wonderfully made and thought out that I thought it deserved a page! Not sure if it'll work out very well, but hey! We can at least try!
    (I hope the link worked)
    170424-CeYy_jT-qip.jpg[IMG][/img]
    Click on the image above to be sent to my legacy, The Galvez Legacy!
    Alright, I'm super late, but it's time to answer those questions! :blush: I really enjoyed answering all of them! And I thank you all so much for asking them <3

@Bugsie2016

Have you ever had any strange experiences when trying to screenshot a chapter?
    A few times! The strangest was probably the time when most of my Gen 4 & 5 A2A couples were in a scene together (a big family scene) and they all kept going off to the sauna to woohoo :joy: I'd zoom in on one section of the room to take a shot, and when I zoomed back out, they'd be literally standing in a freaking line outside the sauna :joy:

Who was your favorite non-heir character to write? (You can pick more than one!)
    Probably Clara :blush: I really clicked well with her, both in her blog posts and in interludes when we were in her head :) This gen I've really been loving Rylie and Devin too! They come pretty easily to me :smiley:

How long does it typically take you to write a chapter?
    This really varies, depending on my mood/mindset and also what the chapter is. Sometimes it's as little as 2-3 hours. Sometimes it can be more (usually spread out over multiple days). If you add in screenshotting, I'd say each chapter averages 5-7 hours of work, maybe? I'm a very slow writer and screenshotter :joy:

@superkyle221

What are some things you'd redo with the story if you had the opportunity?
    I think the biggest thing would be to flesh out the first few generations. It took me a while to really find my stride. I wish I'd gone deeper with Alex's gen, and even Mari's. Especially her relationship with her siblings!

How do you decide when to kill people off (specifically elders)?
    I have a timeline of sorts with my story, so I keep track of everyone's ages. I just take into account the age and health of the person and use that in deciding when a character passes away. Though of course I'll often make sure the timing is convenient for my purposes too :tongue: But yeah, I pretty much go by age. Most of my elder sims live to around their early 80s. Mari made it past 90!

What are some things you've done for the story that weren't part of your big plan?
    I tend to plan a lot in advance, so most things we see in the story were planned far in advance. However, there have been some exceptions! The biggest was Clara being born/existing at all! Mari and Jonas weren't going to have any biological children together. But they BOTH rolled the "try for baby" whim at the same time. Tobi had just gotten Colette pregnant, and I was like "OMG this timing would be amazingly terrible. Let's do it!" and thus, Clara was born :tongue:

Other than that, baby number and gender is always left up to the game (much to my displeasure, usually! :joy:). There are also some things that aren't game-decided, but writer-decided as I go along :tongue: For example, Erik's whole character changed drastically as I was getting closer to introducing him. He was still going to be an addict, but he was originally planned as much more of a "bad boy" type character. Then I decided that it felt much too cliche to have that kind of character. And I started thinking "What if he's an addict, but a nice guy?". I'm really, really glad I went that route! :)

If you could write the POV from any other character, who would you have chosen?
    I think it would have been interesting to write a first-person POV of any Rosebrook spouse, honestly. Being married to a Rosebrook heir is never easy :joy: I think there was a lot in there that I never really got to explore.

@Wralai

How do you decide the plot for each gen?
    This is a great question :) A lot of it has to do with my heir's traits... Especially in the most recent gens (Zayne and Harper). I roll my heir's traits long before they're born so that I have time to think about their personalities and how they'll develop and relate to their storylines :) I also think about their family situation, as well as the plot of the gen before them. I figure out what kind of parent the heir before them would have been and use that to help shape their upbringing and story.

Of course, I also am intentionally going for some melodrama, so I usually pick a fairly dramatic plot :tongue: But the basis is usually a combo of the rolled traits and family history for sure! :)

@simscognito

I'd love to know what Alex and Tony are up to at the moment.

Haha I actually can't answer this because both Tony and Alex have been "adopted' by some other SimLit authors, and will (hopefully!) be appearing in other stories! :smiley: So the answer is... I'm not even 100% sure what they're up to :open_mouth: but I promise they're happy and enjoying their lives. I am pretty confident in that fact! (And they totally visit their Mama often <3 And Charlie does too!)

@SeaDragonSong @AudreyFld

I cannot answer that request, I fear :tongue: I have resolved to forever keep it a mystery hehe ;) Maybe someday when the legacy is OVER I will cave. But for now, I am enjoying keeping it unkown ;) But SeaDragon, hopefully my answer to Wralai was good for you about plots! :tongue:
    snvAF3B.png
    Wralai wrote: »
    If anyone has a TV Tropes account...
    http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/FanFic/AshesToAshesALegacy

This is just so wonderfully made and thought out that I thought it deserved a page! Not sure if it'll work out very well, but hey! We can at least try!
    (I hope the link worked)

Oh that's really cool @Wralai ! I feel honored :smiley:
    snvAF3B.png
    This once-a-week update schedule is killing me :bawling: (And so is all the work on my house LOL) but here is this week's chapter :heart:

6.48: Three Million Euros
    FNACfDV.png
    snvAF3B.png
  • ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    Ok, I love the new layout! Haven't read the chapter yet but I <3 it!
    Thanks @Bugsie2016 ! I decided to try something "cleaner"/easier to read :) Less cluttered and more focus on the chapters. I wasn't 100% sure about it, but I'm glad you like it!
    snvAF3B.png
  • ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    Thanks @Bugsie2016 ! I decided to try something "cleaner"/easier to read :) Less cluttered and more focus on the chapters. I wasn't 100% sure about it, but I'm glad you like it!

You're welcome! I'm on a ban from updating mine until April. :D

Btw about the chapter....
    HARPER!!!!! HOW DARE SHE STEAL FROM JOCE! :angry:
    @Bugsie2016 I knowwwww :bawling:
    snvAF3B.png
  • winterbaby20winterbaby20 Posts: 2,413 Member
    Harper you are officially a low life
    @winterbaby20 Yup :( But she will make excuses for it until her dying day, at this point!
    snvAF3B.png
  • haswhhaswh Posts: 2,863 Member
    Harper you've gone and done it now. Joce will be so sad and disappointed when she catches on, which will happen even if it takes a few new bank statements for it to happen. I am also very sad about this turn of events. I wonder if her and Erik will ever get it together or will Harper end up being alone and homeless. :'(
    @CitizenErased14 This was a horribly sad and disappointing chapter. To read it made me so sad for Harper once again. :'( But as always awesome writing on your part!! :)
    I’m so disappointed in her too @haswh :( This is definitely not boding well for our girl’s future!
    snvAF3B.png
  • rednenemonrednenemon Posts: 3,206 Member
    Boy, the universe just can't leave Jossy alone, can it? :s
    AO3: Silver_Shortage_in_Markarth <(Where I'm usually at nowadays)
    MQ2gUyY.jpg
    Part One(Complete 9/24/16) /Part Two(on hold)/Short Stories(on hold)/Twinbrook 1996(on hold)/Ten Crystal Hearts (on hold)
    I own the TS3 Store as of 12/11/16 (sort of. It's complicated)
  • SassieSassie Posts: 293 Member
    No no no, Harper! :worried: Or maybe better: nein, nein, nein! :anguished:
    Currently playing the Abbott household (4th generation now: Theo).
  • PurplishSimEaterPurplishSimEater Posts: 563 Member
    Welp, time to get in the Harper-Slapping Line.
    Works in Progress: Fitzgerald Family Fables
    House: Ravenclaw/Pukwudgie | Wand: 12 1/4", Spruce & Phoenix Feather, Hard flexibility | Patronus: Black & White Cat
  • SeaDragonSongSeaDragonSong Posts: 2,324 Member

Yep.
    Story_Banner.png
    Twists In Time And Space (Updated December 2nd 2018. New discord server!)
    Bob Bobson (Updated August 12th 2019)
  • InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member

FlimsyWildKestrel-small.gif

Step in, girl.
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
    Yeah @rednenemon Joce is probably my most tragic character :( Lots of unfortunate things in her life!

@Sassie @PurplishSimEater @SeaDragonSong @InfraGreen she deserves many smacks (and not the fun Kind!)
    snvAF3B.png
  • SpectresValkyrieSpectresValkyrie Posts: 317 Member
    Oh Harper no. This is very bad. What happens when Joce finds out? I am disappointed in her. I wish they would get their stuff together instead of stealing from Joce.
    ETagn5d.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top