Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ashes to Ashes: A Legacy [Temporary Hiatus 4/4]

Comments

• SeaDragonSongSeaDragonSong Posts: 2,324 Member
    Mark obviously <3
    Story_Banner.png
    Twists In Time And Space (Updated December 2nd 2018. New discord server!)
    Bob Bobson (Updated August 12th 2019)
  • ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    Alright guys, I am back today with another discussion question! (Sorry it’s a little late!) I loved reading everyone’s responses yesterday <3

This is maybe a weird question haha but I’d been wondering about it... We only ever get first person chapters from the heirs. If we could have had a first person POV from any other character, whose would you have wanted to read? :)

Can I have more than one? I'll stick with one for now.

Don't hate me for this! :#

Maybe, Luc 'cause then we would have found out what he wanted to say that day on their birthday. Seen him with Zayne a bit more 'cause there wasn't much Zayne and Luc screentime together. Even, his take on the situations when they were teens and the 'Mark-Joce-Luc-Hazel thing' because while neither of them were innocent we only got how Joce felt about it. Maybe Luc had other things going through his head that we never learnt about or how he viewed the situation.

Btw, I never did get annoyed at either Joce or Luc when I was reading all of that drama with Mark and Hazel. In my thoughts it was just unfortunate and that, sure it was awkward, but they both deserved to be happy.
  • PurplishSimEaterPurplishSimEater Posts: 563 Member
    If we could have had a first person POV from any other character, whose would you have wanted to read?

Tough choice, but I'm gonna have to choose Hope, since I like her as a character and I want to see her side of the story for how Hozay developed and on raising Harper.
    Works in Progress: Fitzgerald Family Fables
    House: Ravenclaw/Pukwudgie | Wand: 12 1/4", Spruce & Phoenix Feather, Hard flexibility | Patronus: Black & White Cat
  • megalodonsimmermegalodonsimmer Posts: 150 Member
    Alright guys, I am back today with another discussion question! (Sorry it’s a little late!) I loved reading everyone’s responses yesterday <3

This is maybe a weird question haha but I’d been wondering about it... We only ever get first person chapters from the heirs. If we could have had a first person POV from any other character, whose would you have wanted to read? :)

Definitely Luc. I feel like it would have been interesting to see some of his POV after being estranged from Joce. I also really wanted to know what he wanted to say to her on their birthday.
    FaUPP49.jpg
    EA Origin ID: megalodonlive
  • InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    In a way...almost everyone who didn't get a PoV. There are a lot of layers to these heirs' troubles. :p
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • simscognitosimscognito Posts: 16,599 Member

I would love to have Gus's point-of-view, because he was a quite interesting during the the time when Joce went away. He really wanted her back and I think it took him a bit of time to understand why she wasn't coming back. Of course she did in the end. Furthermore, he seems to be one of the most level-headed Rosebrooks, which makes him very interesting in terms of POV, in my opinion. XD
  • rednenemonrednenemon Posts: 3,206 Member
    If we could have had a first person POV from any other character, whose would you have wanted to read? :)

Tomato.
    AO3: Silver_Shortage_in_Markarth <(Where I'm usually at nowadays)
    MQ2gUyY.jpg
    Part One(Complete 9/24/16) /Part Two(on hold)/Short Stories(on hold)/Twinbrook 1996(on hold)/Ten Crystal Hearts (on hold)
    I own the TS3 Store as of 12/11/16 (sort of. It's complicated)
  • InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    rednenemon wrote: »
    If we could have had a first person POV from any other character, whose would you have wanted to read? :)

Tomato.

I would give up Harper's entire arc for a Tomato chapter.
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
    As usual, @rednenemon provides the correct answer.
    House: Ravenclaw/Pukwudgie | Wand: 12 1/4", Spruce & Phoenix Feather, Hard flexibility | Patronus: Black & White Cat
  • CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    Loving these answers so far! If only I could go back and do everyone’s POVs!

A Tomato chapter would be so epic :joy: Maybe not first person, but... an interlude from the dog’s POV could definitely be interesting. Hmmm...
    snvAF3B.png

A Tomato chapter would be so epic :joy: Maybe not first person, but... an interlude from the dog’s POV could definitely be interesting. Hmmm...

I think a first person dog chapter would involve a lot of the words 'food' and 'good boy'. :D
    Bugsie2016 wrote: »

I think a first person dog chapter would involve a lot of the words 'food' and 'good boy'. :D

Agreed, and also 'squirrel' - 'Up' reference. :D
    @CitizenErased14 Seems like that'd be pretty similar to that interlude from little-teeny toddler Harper (which seems like it was forever ago :'( )
    Bugsie2016 wrote: »

Agreed, and also 'squirrel' - 'Up' reference. :D

Yes! I forgot squirrel. My dog doesn't chase squirrels so i'm blaming that.
  • superkyle221superkyle221 Posts: 1,119 Member

I echo whoever else said Gus - he had quite the arc going there and I'd like to see how it resolved.

Other than that, somebody outside of the family - someone like Dom or Katie (<3) or that 🐸🐸🐸🐸 investor from when Zayne opened his restaurant or even that guy who Mari kept sleeping with from college but didn't love (I can't remember his name) or Elliot (wasn't that the guy who Joce almost married until she cheated on him at Luc's wedding?). People who affected the story, but who we only saw from the perspective of the heirs and who may have had their intentions filtered through the perceptions of those characters.

But yeah, mostly people outside the family looking in. I'd love to know what some of them thought about what was going on with this crazy family.
    I don't remember how to change my signature.

I echo whoever else said Gus - he had quite the arc going there and I'd like to see how it resolved.

Other than that, somebody outside of the family - someone like Dom or Katie (<3) or that plum investor from when Zayne opened his restaurant or even that guy who Mari kept sleeping with from college but didn't love (I can't remember his name) or Elliot (wasn't that the guy who Joce almost married until she cheated on him at Luc's wedding?). People who affected the story, but who we only saw from the perspective of the heirs and who may have had their intentions filtered through the perceptions of those characters.

But yeah, mostly people outside the family looking in. I'd love to know what some of them thought about what was going on with this crazy family.

@superkyle221 . Awesome, another person who wants to see more of Gus! :) I would love to see more of Katie as well. She was an interesting character.
  • MrsRacooneyMrsRacooney Posts: 2,091 Member
    Luc. Definitely Luc whom my phone keeps spelling him Lucky although that's the last thing he is. :bawling:
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
    @PurplishSimEater Haha great connection! I was kinda thinking of something like that. Hmm... Now you all have me brainstorming ;)

@superkyle221 I love this idea -- people from outside the family looking in! I bet there was a lot to some of those peripheral characters. And I'm sorry we didn't get to see it :(

@MrsRacooney ahhh what an unfortunate autocorrect :'(
    snvAF3B.png
  • Skcaga6Skcaga6 Posts: 3,399 Member

@BLAMSART recently did a chapter from a dog's POV. It was really cool to read.

If I had to answer though, I would say Jonas. He went through so much with Mari then with the boys.

My second choice would be Luc, for all the reasons already stated.
    wotgen6.gif?w=656
  • WralaiWralai Posts: 477 Member
    edited December 2017
    I didn't even know it was possible to have sims of different heights. All of mine are the same height. But yeah, Tobi is a giant.

@superkyle221
    It's a mod, actually! ^^ Should be pretty easy to find... just type in height mod!

@CitizenErased14
    My favourite non-romantic ship would be... Joce and Clara!

As for POVS... I need about 127 Noah/Auggie interludes to save myself from this angst.

Congrats on two years!
    Post edited by Wralai on
    170424-CeYy_jT-qip.jpg[IMG][/img]
    Click on the image above to be sent to my legacy, The Galvez Legacy!
  • AudreyFldAudreyFld Posts: 6,695 Member
    Mmm...Mark......
  • haswhhaswh Posts: 2,863 Member
    @CitizenErased14 I think I agree on most of what @superkyle221 said. Katie would be nice but there are many others too. I would have to reread all of it to come up with names! I'm too exhausted getting ready for Christmas to do that though! Very good question! :)
    I failed to think of a good question for today...

So instead, I’ll do the opposite and open it up for people to ask ME questions, if they want to :) No spoilery questions of course ;) But anything you’ve Maybe wanted to know about the story or characters? :) (I did do something similar to this several months ago. But I figured why not do it again :) )
    snvAF3B.png
    Well, you said you were thinking on my animals for character question so limiting myself to three (you only have to answer one of them):

Have you ever had any strange experiences when trying to screenshot a chapter? E.g characters acting weird

Who was your favourite non-heir character to write? (You can pick more than one!)

How long does it typically take you to write a chapter?
  • superkyle221superkyle221 Posts: 1,119 Member
    I failed to think of a good question for today...

So instead, I’ll do the opposite and open it up for people to ask ME questions, if they want to :) No spoilery questions of course ;) But anything you’ve Maybe wanted to know about the story or characters? :) (I did do something similar to this several months ago. But I figured why not do it again :) )

What are some things you'd redo with the story if you had the opportunity?

How do you decide when to kill people off (specifically elders)? I know you play with aging off most of the time.

What are some things you've done for the story that weren't part of your big plan, but did it because it was either a whim or something that happened autonomously?

If you could write the POV from any other character, who would you have chosen?
    I don't remember how to change my signature.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top