We have a new survey live for you to provide feedback on the new EA forums! Click here to read more.
March 1st - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ashes to Ashes: A Legacy [Temporary Hiatus 4/4]

Comments

• superkyle221superkyle221 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Skcaga6 wrote: »
    Thanks. It will give me experience while I wait. The pay check will be nice too. Cannot afford to keep working in the soup kitchen for no pay.

I was a sub for a while... good luck! As much as I miss those days now, at the time I couldn't wait until I got a full time room. So enjoy the fact that you can leave when the day is done.

Do you have any other endorsements? I'm dual certified in English and ELL, and that's what got me hired.
    I don't remember how to change my signature.
  • Skcaga6Skcaga6 Posts: 3,399 Member
    Just history at the moment. Working on my PhD in psychology so will add that later as well as special education.
    wotgen6.gif?w=656
  • CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    edited September 2017
    SHOUTOUT TO @InfraGreen :heart:

She is a hero.

The short version of this story is that my laptop has been acting up in various ways for a while now (it's over three years old at this point) and tonight, it TOTALLY failed on me. Like, BAD. As in, basically couldn't-turn-it-on bad. I tried using my phone to google different solutions to my problems and nothing was helping.

And me, being me, does not have any backup of my Sims saves at all (yes, I'm incredibly dumb). I was BAWLING like someone had died. And to me, it felt like my story HAD died. It's silly but true. I thought I lost everything and I was inconsolable and I messaged Trip (who works in IT) and she helped me figure out how to get my computer into recovery mode.

So I managed to get my computer restored to two days ago. Unfortunately this still makes The Sims 4 100% unplayable on my computer. (That was how I discovered the root of all these issues in the first place -- the new Origin update has revealed some kind of corrupted file on my system, and it won't let me open the game at all. Trying to fix said corrupted file caused all this chaos!)

I backed up all my saves and mods and tray files on Google Drive. And tomorrow I am buying a new laptop.

But yeah. Tonight, I almost lost everything. And Trip saved me :heart:
    snvAF3B.png
  • InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,688 Member
    edited September 2017
    Hey I love tech-supporting simmers. It's how @rednenemon and I met. :kissing_closed_eyes:
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • SeaDragonSongSeaDragonSong Posts: 2,324 Member
    At least you were able to get it uploaded to Google Drive, good luck with the transfer to your new computer!
    Story_Banner.png
    Twists In Time And Space (Updated December 2nd 2018. New discord server!)
    Bob Bobson (Updated August 12th 2019)
    Thanks @SeaDragonSong ! I will not feel 100% relieved until I've successfully transferred all the files and tested them out tomorrow to make sure I didn't lose anything. The anxiety and stress is real :joy: (though my backup plan is to physically remove the hard drive from my old laptop and put it in one of those cases that turns it into an external hard drive and then directly snag the files from there. So at least there is a plan B!)

I'll definitely keep people updated haha. The good news is that getting a new laptop is kind of exciting :) This new one Trip helped me pick has much better specs than this old one (which is nearly 4 years old now) and also costs several hundred less than what I originally paid for this one back when it was new (gotta love how technology and prices evolve :tongue:)
    snvAF3B.png
  • SeaDragonSongSeaDragonSong Posts: 2,324 Member
    @CitizenErased14 My desktop is 5 now (but it's a minimalist), so eventually I'm going to be needing a new computer too. Haven't had it try to die on me yet though, so that's good.
    Story_Banner.png
    Twists In Time And Space (Updated December 2nd 2018. New discord server!)
    Bob Bobson (Updated August 12th 2019)
  • ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    @CitizenErased14 Glad you were able to sort things out. Well kinda you've lost the last two days of stuff but hopefully it wasn't too bad. :) Lesson learned, backup all saves and screenshots.

Actually I should probably go do that myself.....
  • AudreyFldAudreyFld Posts: 6,695 Member
    <3<3<3<3<3@InfraGreen <3<3<3<3<3

Thank you for saving the Rosebrooks and helping @CitizenErased14 recover her files. She wouldn't have been the only one crying!
  • ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    AudreyFld wrote: »

Thank you for saving the Rosebrooks and helping @CitizenErased14 recover her files. She wouldn't have been the only one crying!

Agreed, thanks @InfraGreen . We'd all be crying right now otherwise. You can now be Master of Evil, Cringe and IT. What do you think?
    edited September 2017
    Okay, after last night's technology scare (chomping at the bit to finally go pick up my new laptop! Only 1-2 more hours, yay!), here is a chapter :tongue:

6.19: Quick Fix
    KrGG90R.png
    snvAF3B.png
  • WitcHazardWitcHazard Posts: 1,209 Member
    Dark WitcHazard: Looks like the Rosebrooks may have their first criminal in the family and her name if Harper! >:)
    Now, now @WitcHazard -- second! As much as I'm sure Zayne wants to forget his drug-delivering days... :tongue:
    snvAF3B.png
  • WitcHazardWitcHazard Posts: 1,209 Member
    Dark WitcHazard: He was kinda half@🐸🐸🐸🐸 about it though he blindly accepted the job realized it was drugs later on stayed until it got to bad then ran home cause he couldn't handle it! And he didn't tell anyone Charlie only found out because of Ben's cousins connection to the crime! Harper already has two people who know she's more proud of her criminal acts unlike somebody! Also if she switches to unaliving people she already has two potential victims in Rylie and Devin can't leav any witnesses you know! But sure I'll give it to Zayne for now! But she'll definitely be the first Rosebrook to go to prison! >:)
    Good points @WitcHazard haha definitely first willing/proud criminal ;) First in jail though? We will see!
    snvAF3B.png
    AudreyFld wrote: »

Obviously I was thinking for myself too. :p

And bless Harper's klepto heart. Pls enable her.

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • AsaoyoruAsaoyoru Posts: 247 Member
    A kleptomaniac vigilante? This is Robin Hood²'s origin story right there! :joy:
    @Asaoyoru :joy: That comment made me giggle out loud
    snvAF3B.png
  • haswhhaswh Posts: 2,863 Member
    Oh no Harper has gone down the evil path of stealing! That darn klepto trait. It will be exciting to see how far Harper takes this though. >:) Hopefully not jail time in her future but...
    I agree with @AudreyFld and what she wrote on word press. Hope and Zayne will probably blame themselves.
  • haswhhaswh Posts: 2,863 Member
    Forgot to say. Thank you @InfraGreen for saving the day! <3
  • MrsRacooneyMrsRacooney Posts: 2,091 Member
    @CitizenErased14 Ooooh goodness, I feel you! :cold_sweat: When my laptop was finally back two weeks ago and didn't turn on any more... *cold sweat* Luckily my father has a weakness for saving all sorts of stuff so he had made me save it before. All programms lost, sadly but all other data survived.
    Also, @InfraGreen is a genius!
    15qz1id.gif

Now the chapter... In the moment I just worry for Harper because she's obviously about to become addicted to the adrenaline rush. Soon it won't suffice any more so she'll go for huger, more valuable things to get a decent boost. Or maybe someone or something will frustrate her so she'll act out of defiance or to release her feelings. Or she gets caught before, has to do social work and is rehabilitated. :p
    I don't think Hozay would have judged Rylie and Devin even if they had shown their tats. Both are from upper class families and know to behave and like Zayne has expressed in the last chapter, they're just glad Harper has found friends. As long as they don't raise suspicion by their behaviour I'm sure they can overlook the exterior after getting used to it. ;)
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
  • suzanna13suzanna13 Posts: 1,426 Member
    Thankful that @InfraGreen was such a great help to you. There would have been a lot of tears around the forums if not for her. So Harper got the klepto trait, poor girl. It does add to the drama though. I hope she gets help before she gets caught or maybe she needs to get caught to get help. We know where she can find a good lawyer now.
    Her friends seem to have made a good impression so that was one hurdle out of the way.
    My new laptop here and it's beautiful :bawling: Now the test will be installing my sims games and downloading my saves and mods and tray folder and making sure it all works... Eek!

Hehe glad you're excited @haswh ! :tongue:

@MrsRacooney You're so right that there is a risk for this escalating in the future! We'll see... ;) And yeah, Zayne and Hope probably wouldn't have judged them, but I think the two of them just wanted to make a really good impression (and they did, thankfully!)

@suzanna13 One hurdle down! And it was an important one :tongue: But now we've gotta figure out this klepto thing... Eek! I fear you may be right about adding to the drama ;)
    snvAF3B.png
    Still working on the lengthy process of re-installing all my TS4 stuff... But it's so pretty :heart: (Don't tease me for my background :joy: It's been my wallpaper on my old laptop too since like December/January (whenever that chapter was haha Probably my favorite pic I have of (most of) my Rosebrooks!)

LIqmSal.jpg?1
    snvAF3B.png
    At least half that picture is dead now. :bawling::bawling::bawling:

outrun / blog / tunglr

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top