We have a new survey live for you to provide feedback on the new EA forums! Click here to read more.
March 1st - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ashes to Ashes: A Legacy [Temporary Hiatus 4/4]

Comments

• cecerose0208cecerose0208 Posts: 1,521 Member
    Thanks for nominating me! It's on my to do list! I love the moments you picked as well. Though I'd probably add when Jonas calmed down Mari right before they got married.
  • cecerose0208cecerose0208 Posts: 1,521 Member
    Oh, and another moment that's always stuck in my memory: when Mari was late to the hospital for a birth because she wanted to finish her piano lesson with Florian. I'm gonna miss him. :cry:
  • CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    edited August 2017
    I love that one @cecerose0208 ! :) And that shot of them pressing their foreheads together will always be one of my fave shots of any couple in this story. He was so good for her :heart:

EDIT: Awww! Yes, our introduction to little Florian <3 Mari loved him like a son.
    snvAF3B.png
  • rednenemonrednenemon Posts: 3,205 Member
    Seeing a few of the answers to that question being 'that time when Tobi had to go see what was left of his son', and it got me thinking: (under spoilers because HOO BOY)
    I do recall that Zayne was rather fond of Batman (that's probably an understatement). And one thing in common with them is that they both lost their parents. Well, obviously, the reason Bruce Wayne eventually became the Dark Knight stemmed from his parents' deaths.

Which got me thinking: what if there was an Alternate Universe where it was Bruce that died, and not his parents? Then I remembered: There is.

Then my mind went even further, and went back to a question I asked long ago: what if Zayne had died in that fire instead of his parents? (perhaps in an alternate universe or something?)

Well, long story short, I ended up imagining that scene with Tobi, but with Lucas in his place. In other words, it would've been Lucas seeing the charred remains of his five-year old son, instead of what happened in the story.

Then I stopped there before my musings got worse. But suffice to say, it's a good thing @CitizenErased14 went the route she did. Who knows just how much worse the Rosebrooks would have fared were it to happen the other way.
    AO3: Silver_Shortage_in_Markarth <(Where I'm usually at nowadays)
    MQ2gUyY.jpg
    Part One(Complete 9/24/16) /Part Two(on hold)/Short Stories(on hold)/Twinbrook 1996(on hold)/Ten Crystal Hearts (on hold)
    I own the TS3 Store as of 12/11/16 (sort of. It's complicated)
  • InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,688 Member
    @rednenemon: also we'd need an alternate source of heir like a Marklyne baby of course
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
    @rednenemon My boyfriend is a HUGE DC fan so your Flashpoint reference would make him very excited haha ;)

Seriously though... Wow. Yeah. I also am kind of scared to think about how the family would be if Zayne had been the one to die. I mean, losing Lucas was incredibly devastating all around (of course). But man, having a CHILD die in such a horrible way? I think it would destroy them :( *shudder*

Okay, done thinking about it because it's too upsetting :bawling: But it was a great thought to bring up!
    snvAF3B.png
  • ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    @rednenemon My boyfriend is a HUGE DC fan so your Flashpoint reference would make him very excited haha ;)

Seriously though... Wow. Yeah. I also am kind of scared to think about how the family would be if Zayne had been the one to die. I mean, losing Lucas was incredibly devastating all around (of course). But man, having a CHILD die in such a horrible way? I think it would destroy them :( *shudder*

Okay, done thinking about it because it's too upsetting :bawling: But it was a great thought to bring up!

@CitizenErased14 It wouldn't happen as I doubt you could kill a child.
    All that post told me is that we need a simlit writer with the guts to write child death. Without resorting to ghosts because they soften death's crippling blow.

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • MrsRacooneyMrsRacooney Posts: 2,091 Member
    @rednenemon I wouldn't have continued the story then, I think. It was already kinda trsumatizing how it is now but if it had been Lucas in Tobi's place... You're right, one should stop thinking before it gets too bad :tired_face:
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
    InfraGreen wrote: »
    All that post told me is that we need a simlit writer with the guts to write child death. Without resorting to ghosts because they soften death's crippling blow.

I think we can all live without that.
  • Skcaga6Skcaga6 Posts: 3,399 Member
    edited August 2017

I killed toddler Tiana without truly killing her.
    wotgen6.gif?w=656
    Skcaga6 wrote: »

I killed toddler Tiana with our truly killing her.

That doesn't count because fortunately she wasn't truly dead.

A cop-out. :p (though alive and well is better)

outrun / blog / tunglr
    edited August 2017

A cop-out. :p (though alive and well is better)

Yes, alive and well is better.

Sidenote: @InfraGreen I've decided you can be Master of evil/cringe.
  • superkyle221superkyle221 Posts: 1,119 Member
    I read this yesterday but was in meeting all day, so... that back to school week is hitting me hard. At least my room is kind of set up? No lesson plans yet, but that's what the weekend is for! I hope your week is going better than mine, ahahaha.

Zayne reminds me more and more of Tobi every chapter, especially with the willful ignorance of what's going on with Harper. Love it! Still not in love with Hope's short hair.

Favorite moments:
    1 - Steffan (but if I had to pick, when he gave Joce her journal, and when he and Tobi fought over the letter to their dad, and how Steffan just wanted to find a life but couldn't do it until he left)
    2 - When Zayne started cooking as a teenager.
    I don't remember how to change my signature.
    @superkyle221 Teachers unite! Haha My week is okay so far... I don't think the reality of school being back will truly hit me until I see the kiddos in front of me on Tuesday though!

Thank you for sharing your favorite moments! :blush: And great observation -- Zayne is SO much like Tobi haha and unfortunately not in great ways :tongue:
    snvAF3B.png
  • pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,261 Member
    @superkyle221 Teachers unite! Haha My week is okay so far... I don't think the reality of school being back will truly hit me until I see the kiddos in front of me on Tuesday though!

Thank you for sharing your favorite moments! :blush: And great observation -- Zayne is SO much like Tobi haha and unfortunately not in great ways :tongue:

Let's...uh...hope he doesn't have any flings with a waitress...ha ha! (Hey...you know I wouldn't actually mind that!!) :p
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
    Yay for teachers! I am still waiting for the department of education to finish my paperwork. A phone call today showed progress though. Finally.
    wotgen6.gif?w=656
    Hehe sorry @pammiechick :tongue: Zayne went through so many years of ups and downs to finally have Hope in his life for good. I don't think he wants to throw that away hehe

@Skcaga6 Are you working on getting a teaching license? :smiley: Yay!
    snvAF3B.png
  • pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,261 Member
    Lol...I didn't think so... ;) Ha!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
    Hehe sorry @pammiechick :tongue: Zayne went through so many years of ups and downs to finally have Hope in his life for good. I don't think he wants to throw that away hehe

@Skcaga6 Are you working on getting a teaching license? :smiley: Yay!

I have my masters in high school education. No place is hiring high school history teachers around here right now so going to work as a substitute this year and see what opens up next year.
    wotgen6.gif?w=656
    @Skcaga6 Oh that's awesome though. Subbing is gonna be perfect for getting your foot in the door in the district. Good luck :heart:
    snvAF3B.png
    Thanks. It will give me experience while I wait. The pay check will be nice too. Cannot afford to keep working in the soup kitchen for no pay.
    wotgen6.gif?w=656
    Good luck @Skcaga6
    Bugsie2016 wrote: »
    Good luck @Skcaga6

Thank you
    wotgen6.gif?w=656

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights