We have a new survey live for you to provide feedback on the new EA forums! Click here to read more.
March 1st - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ashes to Ashes: A Legacy [Temporary Hiatus 4/4]

Comments

• ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    rednenemon wrote: »
    None of the links work. This is false advertising, I tells ya! :p
    :joy:
    rednenemon wrote: »
    No, but in all seriousness, the chapter is probably off by an hour. (Wordpress scheduling can be screwy sometimes)
    I know wordpress can be annoying (it messed up my scheduling yesterday, was meant to come out today).
  • InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,688 Member
    Also @CitizenErased14 is busy driving us to the airport and fangirling to the Hamilton soundtrack.
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
    InfraGreen wrote: »
    Also @CitizenErased14 is busy driving us to the airport and fangirling to the Hamilton soundtrack.

@InfraGreen You're gonna get busted for telling us that when @CitizenErased14 finally reads that comment. For your own safety, run when you get the airport and don't look back. :joy:

Also, did I ever mention that it took me a while to realise that you're also Trip on WP? No one ever brought the fact up and eventually I worked it out. (after about 3 months of confusion) :D
  • pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,261 Member
    So mean!

Ah well...guess we'll have to wait. :s
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    snvAF3B.png
    Oh good! Glad this updated before I had to get on the road! (Been at an anime con all weekend)!

Devin is so dreamy! Smart and talented! What a catch! And Rylie has those Day singing genes...ha ha...

I don't think she should hide her talented friends from her parents. So they have tats and modern hair? She could tell them about her friends and let them know they shouldn't judge. I've learned a lot about that as a parent. I don't judge. Kids with alt. hair are just expressing themselves. It doesn't mean they're on drugs.

Zayne and Hope looked like such dorky parents in that one shot. Oh, I'm just cracking up about it. Maybe Harper knows them better than I do. Hee!

Looking forward to the new do and the dorky parental freak out! :lol:
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
    edited August 2017
    Looking forward to the new do and the dorky parental freak out! :lol:
    @pammiechick agreed. :joy: (If you haven't caught on i'm super hoping for a Hozay freak out since Harper was a toddler, don't care what it's over,they deserve it. >:)>:) )
  • WitcHazardWitcHazard Posts: 1,209 Member
    edited August 2017
    @pammiechick So you just slipped comfirming Rylie is related to the Day family! Which there are only two relatives who could give her those blonde locks and defined jawline but which one?
  • Skcaga6Skcaga6 Posts: 3,399 Member
    WitcHazard wrote: »
    @pammiechick So you just slipped comfirming Rylie is related to the Day family! Which there are only two relatives who could give her those blonde locks and defined jawline but which one?

It would be almost impossible for her to deny it. Riley is definitely a Day.
    wotgen6.gif?w=656
    WitcHazard wrote: »

Yes...let that cat out of the bag yesterday! Ha! I will reveal both her and Devin's parentage after gen 3 (soon!) Both have parents from D & K and they (Rylie and Devin) are not related to each other.
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Skcaga6Skcaga6 Posts: 3,399 Member
    I think Devin's mama is Tulip. No reason for it, just a hope.
    wotgen6.gif?w=656
    @pammiechick @Bugsie2016 Hehehe dorky parental freakout? Could happen... ;) or maybe they'll be a little more open-minded than we think,.. time will tell! And LMAO I had a lot of fun making them lame parents. They're in their 50s now so I fear the lameness is setting in :joy:
    snvAF3B.png
    @pammiechick @Bugsie2016 Hehehe dorky parental freakout? Could happen... ;) or maybe they'll be a little more open-minded than we think,.. time will tell! And LMAO I had a lot of fun making them lame parents. They're in their 50s now so I fear the lameness is setting in :joy:

Lol! Also as people age, I've notice they worry and freak out more. Ha!

We're having fun watching them become lame parents. Their former teen selves would cringe! Ha!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg

We're having fun watching them become lame parents. Their former teen selves would cringe! Ha!

OMG totally! :joy: Teen (and probably even YA) Zayne would die if he saw what a worrying helicopter dad he became :lol: It's interesting how much a person can change over the course of their lives (though not always, of course. Some don't go through quite the dramatic transformation these two did... but given all they've gone through, I figured they'd be quite different now hehe)

It's definitely fun and interesting writing them now too. I just worked on a Zayne journal the other day and it was so weird :lol:
    snvAF3B.png

OMG totally! :joy: Teen (and probably even YA) Zayne would die if he saw what a worrying helicopter dad he became :lol: It's interesting how much a person can change over the course of their lives (though not always, of course. Some don't go through quite the dramatic transformation these two did... but given all they've gone through, I figured they'd be quite different now hehe)

It's definitely fun and interesting writing them now too. I just worked on a Zayne journal the other day and it was so weird :lol:

I bet...because the time jumps have to be so dramatic that "we" don't see it as gradual but definitely true to life and understandable. Ha!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
    edited August 2017

They usually say 'With age comes wisdom' but not in the case of Hozay, they still what they're doing. Also, let me ask another time for no parent jokes (applies to hope too).

Also, me when I realised that when either of you (@pammiechick @CitizenErased14 ) quote the other one, it still gives me the notification that you mentioned me from the original post.
    Emma-Watson-SMH-Reaction-Gif.gif
    Bugsie2016 wrote: »

They usually say 'With age comes wisdom' but not in the case of Hozay, they still what they're doing. Also, let me ask another time for no parent jokes (applies to hope too).

Also, me when I realised that when either of you (@pammiechick @CitizenErased14 ) quote the other one, it still gives me the notification that you mentioned me from the original post.
    Emma-Watson-SMH-Reaction-Gif.gif

Oops...and now triple alert...ha!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,748 Member
    Even though I'm much older then Harper- I understand what's she's going through since I have the same issue (just w/o the rebel friends),
    6adMCGP.gif
    I'm glad she's relatable, @MadameLee :)
    snvAF3B.png
  • cecerose0208cecerose0208 Posts: 1,521 Member
    I can't wait to get the reveal on Devin and Riley's parentage. I have my guesses, but I'll wait to see.

Harper and Zayne are so not the parents I thought they'd be. They're probably not the parents they thought they'd be either. But what they went through on their way to having a healthy Harper in their home (alliteration!) has altered them in unexpected ways. So I get it, I really do.
    @cecerose0208 I think you make a great point about Hope and Zayne not being the parents they thought they'd be.

Honestly, if it weren't for all the issues surrounding Harper (both the issues conceiving her and her health issues), I think they'd be very different parents from what we're seeing today.

I mean, we get a very limited and biased viewpoint, but I do promise that Hope and Zayne have their fun/non-lame moments as parents too haha Harper and her dad totally geek out together over super heroes & video games. Hope and Harper have the same sense of humor and watch cheesy sitcoms together, etc.

But those things are more "friend" like, I guess haha. So on the "friend"/getting along with their kid side of parenting, they're pretty cool. On the actual parenting side of things, definite helicopter parents with unrealistic expectations for their child haha
    snvAF3B.png
  • MrsRacooneyMrsRacooney Posts: 2,091 Member
    I don't know, there isn't much left to add. Still like those three together and have my silent guesses on their parentage. And I totally get the judging before getting to know part. If I'd done that with my best friends at university I'd shyed away to begin with... :D Harper can change her hairstyle, get a tattoo anything she feels comfortable with. But I can assure her that real friends won't ever urge her to change just like mine <3
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
  • superkyle221superkyle221 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Where are Riley and Devin from? (Have I asked this already? I didn't realize when they were kids that Devin was a girl... now I feel like a sexist :-( )

I'm glad Harper has teenaged friends, and I'm so ready for Zayne and Hope to freak out over the fact that she cut her hair when they went to the library to study (very Tracy Turnblad of her... "Can I please be excused to go to the library and study?" ahaha)
    I don't remember how to change my signature.
    edited August 2017
    @superkyle221 They're from Day & Knight by @pammiechick (although she won't tell use who their parents are yet. :# ). If you're not already reading it, it's on my list of recommendations, not saying any more.

Edit: because my terrible grammar was annoying me :(:D
    Post edited by ForgottenPixels on
  • haswhhaswh Posts: 2,863 Member
    Harper looks so happy! :) I love it! It's great to have wonderful friends! Hopefully it will stay that way. Excited to hear all about the haircut from Riley and see how Hope and Zayne react to it. Oh my goodness Hope and Zayne when Harper leaves, that picture says a thousands words! :D It also makes me question myself a bit. :/

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top