We have a new survey live for you to provide feedback on the new EA forums! Click here to read more.
March 1st - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ashes to Ashes: A Legacy [Temporary Hiatus 4/4]

Comments

• PurplishSimEaterPurplishSimEater Posts: 563 Member
    Love, love, LOVE how you handled the time skip. Also, can I give Harper a hug? Parents are frustrating, and they don't always get how stressful being a teenager can be - especially if they're trying to push for something they haven't experienced. *cough*uni*cough*

And as much as she looks like Hope, she really does remind me of Zayne personality-wise. Though of course, she still has her own uniqueness and distinctive voice.
    Works in Progress: Fitzgerald Family Fables
    House: Ravenclaw/Pukwudgie | Wand: 12 1/4", Spruce & Phoenix Feather, Hard flexibility | Patronus: Black & White Cat
  • SeaDragonSongSeaDragonSong Posts: 2,324 Member
    Poor Harper, her parents constant pressure isn't going to do her any good.
    Story_Banner.png
    Twists In Time And Space (Updated December 2nd 2018. New discord server!)
    Bob Bobson (Updated August 12th 2019)
  • WralaiWralai Posts: 477 Member
    My favorite time skip!
    170424-CeYy_jT-qip.jpg[IMG][/img]
    Click on the image above to be sent to my legacy, The Galvez Legacy!
  • Skcaga6Skcaga6 Posts: 3,399 Member
    Read it. Liked it. Will make a formal comment after my brain starts working again. Just got home from the cemetery and I am not properly thinking at the moment.
    wotgen6.gif?w=656
  • MrsRacooneyMrsRacooney Posts: 2,091 Member
    Oh, our poor Harper! <3 Right now I feel so much sympathy with her because her story is exactly the one of my sister. Well, at least the you-must-go-to-uni part. It's a lot of pressure in a time when you're confused and unsure about everything anyway, seeking your place in the world. And Harper has the problem that she doesn't fit in the cliques she would belong to normally, her personality clashing with her hearing that time. She wouldn't feel at place with the calmer groups and has too many health problems for the more lively ones. It'll be a hard way for her with probably a bunch of wrong decisions (like going to uni because she feels pressed to that by her parents who only want the best for her). That's okay though. She's still young and can afford a few mistakes, they're what makes us learn anyway. In the end, she'll be a lot cleverer than anyone else in her age. :smile:
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
  • haswhhaswh Posts: 2,863 Member
    Such a lovely way to lead up to teen and young adult years. <3 I would love to give Harper a hug, she looks like she could use it! :| Life can be sooo hard sometimes specially the teen years.
    Now don't get me wrong here but Zayne and Hope need a talking too! They are not raising her very well and need to figure it out soon if it's not too late. I do know they mean well but...
    I am afraid for Harper and what might happen now going off to college (cause I'm pretty sure she will just to please her parents). Hopefully she will find a great friend who will be by her side and help her through all the tough times she will have. Tough times from her parents I'm sad to say. Hopefully not getting pregnant too soon or getting into trouble some other way. :#
    @CitizenErased14 Harper looks sooo much like her mom it's uncanny and I think she has a bunch of Zayne's attitude.
  • haswhhaswh Posts: 2,863 Member
    @CitizenErased14 Forgot to say I hope your and your friends day is beautiful! Have fun! :)<3
  • pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,261 Member
    That was very unexpected...I'm surprised Harper doesn't have friends (even new ones). She must be a quiet child. Turning off her hearing aid too much?

She seems depressed. And her struggle reminded me of Joce when she felt neglected only this time it's not by her parents...I wonder what her passions are now! Hopefully we can see her in her last year of high school.
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    Thanks to everybody for your comments today! I have an author's note on tomorrow chapter explaining why, but I am sorry for not replying to anyone's comments today! I've been very busy with my best friend's wedding (and having so much fun!!!!)

I've been reading every comment, but I just don't have the time to reply right now. And, looking at all the comments both here and WP, I'm overwhelmed imagining trying to reply to them all at once. So I will try to work through them at some point but if you never get a reply from me on your comment today I apologize. Your comments are always so appreciated :heart:
    snvAF3B.png
  • kayt45kayt45 Posts: 434 Member
    Great way to handle the time skip! So will there be an actual teen arc or is this basically going straight into the YA years (or will teen/YA be kind of one in the same?)
    @kayt45 Teen arc :)
    snvAF3B.png
  • ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    @CitizenErased14 Glad you had fun that's all that matters. :)
    Happy Sunday! :blush:

6.13: Drifting
    H25WpNN.jpg
    snvAF3B.png
    First thought: don't bother about replying to such an amount of comments. At least mine ones. :D
    Second thought: Katie's still the same slick person she used to be.
    Third thought: Harper has a philosophical streak. The boat comparison was pretty good for someone her age. Being left on your own without many friends does that to you. Making you philosophical because you think so much, only danger is to get lost into your thoughts.
    Fourth thought: Joce has deserved a huge thanks from Harper for arguing the uni thing out of Zayne and Hope :D
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
    @MrsRacooney
    1. Haha thank you for your understanding!
    2. Yup! Some things never change... haha
    3. Harper is pretty deep for a 17-year-old, yes! :) I think it's because she has such a creative mind
    4. She totally does haha Oma of the year! :tongue:
    snvAF3B.png
    edited August 2017
    I rarely tell or share anything personal here, but I had to share this epic moment from yesterday's wedding, when the entire bridal party jumped in the pool after the reception :joy::heart: It was amazing... totally worth it to get so soggy! ;)
    dowuy3Y.jpg
    snvAF3B.png
    I rarely tell or share anything personal here, but I had to share this epic moment from yesterday's wedding, when the entire bridal party jumped in the pool after the reception :joy::heart: It was amazing... totally worth it to get so soggy! ;)
    dowuy3Y.jpg

That's hilarious! Totally a special wedding as it seems... B) Your friend sure has a lot of humour! ;)
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
    Great video! Glad you had such a good time. I think I spotted your simself in line... ;)

Please don't feel the need to comment back for mine...I just like to blab...and if I don't have something to say, I won't...ha...

As for this chapter....I guess I don't truly understand the why about not going to uni. If she wants to be a writer, she NEEDS professional instruction on how to do that well or she'll flounder.

And I would think she'd enjoy being an English major. Would love to know what she wants to do in life...we just know what she doesn't want....but maybe she doesn't know yet...sort of like Zayne before he found cooking.

It'd be funny if she became friends with Katie later in life. Ha! People usually grow out of their mean girl phase when they realize it's meaningless after high school.
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
    @pammiechick Hehe thanks! It was so fun and so special. The bride has been my very best friend for 14 years, and she and her husband have been together for 10! So I'm very close with both of them :heart: (Just stinks that we sometimes go a year or more without seeing each other! Long distance friendships are sad :( )

As for Harper, she really is a lot like both her parents (*cough* hypocrites) in that she just plain does NOT like school. So she doesn't really want to go to college and just have to deal with more school haha And as for what she wants to do... I'm not even sure if she knows at this point! But hopefully she'll figure it out...? Time will tell!
    snvAF3B.png
    You made me feel better about not making it back to comment on the last chapter.

Harper needs to find something like a club or something where she can meet her BFF.
    wotgen6.gif?w=656
  • WralaiWralai Posts: 477 Member
    She could always join the Writer's Lounge on these forums.
    Now wouldn't that be meta!
    170424-CeYy_jT-qip.jpg[IMG][/img]
    Click on the image above to be sent to my legacy, The Galvez Legacy!
    Omg @Wralai that cracked me up :joy:
    snvAF3B.png
    We have an open spot in the Drama Llamas. She would fit right in....well on second thought, @InfraGreen is there and she is still too young for all that Axel/Thu/Andrea drama
    wotgen6.gif?w=656
    Skcaga6 wrote: »
    We have an open spot in the Drama Llamas. She would fit right in....well on second thought, @InfraGreen is there and she is still too young for all that Axel/Thu/Andrea drama

Yes...we must save her from THAT influence! ;):tongue:
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,688 Member
    @Skcaga6 and @pammiechick are talking like Sophie hasn't told Harper all of the salacious details AND how they have weekly cutting sessions together as a family. :p

I said this yesterday but Harper needs a blog like us nerds do. It's an excuse to give Clara one final hurrah. <3:bawling:
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top