Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Slow on 64-bit...?

Hi! I havent played for a few months and just patched and updated sims 4. was excited to see there was a 64-bit application now!

Unofrtunately, in 64-bit the game rusn really choppy even in LOW MEDIUM setting... whereas i can run Ultra in 32-bit....? am i doing something wrong? Running on an asus laptop with NVIDIA GEFORCE GT650M and 12GB of ram... i'm preety sure thats more than enough...?
Happiness!
j9pm6g.gif

Comments

• Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    @ceejay402, I'm on a PC, also with a Nvidia GeForce GTX 650 1GB, and I notice that my Sims will every now and again do a bit of a stutter when trying to move around another Sim. I even looked to see if my card needed to be updated, but the test came back I had the most up-to-date version. I've also got 8GB of RAM DDR3. I'm not really noticing a huge benefit to the 64 bit, which my son informs me is mostly about the graphics. I know the color just pops, but still. I don't comprehend why so many were screaming for this.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    hafizchanhafizchan Posts: 232 Member
    ceejay402 wrote: »

wow. i really thought i did. Then i double checked and found that the 32 bit and 64 bit exectuable files were different. Thank you! this solved everything!! :D
    Happiness!
    j9pm6g.gif
  • Options
    NauzhrorNauzhror Posts: 82 Member
    I'm not really noticing a huge benefit to the 64 bit, which my son informs me is mostly about the graphics.

It's more about stability than performance. The largest benefit is making the game utilize more memory rather than crash when it reaches an arbitrarily set limit.
  • Options
    MendotaMendota Posts: 794 Member
    @ceejay402, I'm on a PC, also with a Nvidia GeForce GTX 650 1GB, and I notice that my Sims will every now and again do a bit of a stutter when trying to move around another Sim. I even looked to see if my card needed to be updated, but the test came back I had the most up-to-date version. I've also got 8GB of RAM DDR3. I'm not really noticing a huge benefit to the 64 bit, which my son informs me is mostly about the graphics. I know the color just pops, but still. I don't comprehend why so many were screaming for this.

64bit allows the use of more memory, it has nothing to do with graphics.

• Options
    hey @GalacticGal one thing i believe is happening to nvidia desktop cards is that folks arent going in the card panel and updating the settings for the game for the 64 bit version. i would also check in game vsync setting as well.

i play on amd and cant test this theory but a few nvidia desktop players even 980 are complaining about poor performance with the 64 bit version, my hunch is the card settings need to be added for the new version. the 64bit versio to your card is like a totally different game so each player needs to do what they would do for any new game tweak settings. HTH

• Options
    hafizchan wrote: »
    ceejay402 wrote: »

wow. i really thought i did. Then i double checked and found that the 32 bit and 64 bit exectuable files were different. Thank you! this solved everything!! :D

glad that was the fix, happy simming :)