Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I swear to God, I was awake when I was playing last night!

911TruthBear911TruthBear Posts: 626 Member
I was playing with one of my sims a couple of nights ago, and I had him go fishing in a pond just yards outside his property when lo and behold an NPC townie just walked out of the pond! I wish I had my camera rolling, because I have a feeling that nobody is gonna believe me!

But it happened, and no, I was not dreaming!

You all do believe me, right? :/
Post edited by SimStaffBethelle on

Comments

• Options
    LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    Lmao

Trust me. No one is surprised. Wish you got a picture.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • Options
    Lmao

Trust me. No one is surprised. Wish you got a picture.

That makes two of us! :):D
  • Options
    Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    Sometimes I forget when I drink too much also... I could've sworn Joe was safe on last weeks episode of survivor ....
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • Options
    thesims3boythesims3boy Posts: 18,046 Member
    Frn0731 wrote: »
    I could've sworn Joe was safe on last weeks episode of survivor ....

Can we be friends
  • Options
    Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • Options
    PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    Believable!!!

I had my Sim out exploring OR when I first got it and I had Sim emerge from a tree.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    Truthbear, that's awesome.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    HalloMolliHalloMolli Posts: 2,720 Member
    Pics or didn't happen.
    "[...] and everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, then it's not the end."

• Options
    Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    So does this confirm mermaids? :D Sounds funny, though!
  • Options
    Rojo De GuyRojo De Guy Posts: 784 Member
    when lo and behold an NPC townie just walked out of the pond!

Supernatural pack hint featuring Lady/Lord of the Lake, Mermaids, Creature from the Lagoon & more :smiley:
    Please EA? <3
    EfTVMcj.jpg
    "Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light"
  • Options
    lovely_bridelovely_bride Posts: 93 Member
    And I thought strange things happened in my gameplay
  • Options
    Savage_Patch_KiddSavage_Patch_Kidd Posts: 2,937 Member
    edited December 2015
    Just played on the new Island lot in Windenburg. Was watching the ocean scenery change on ultra speed & saw a yatch descend into the sea :D

Maybe there is a secret underwater world we are not meant to be aware of :D
    tumblr_oy1xa2eHV31uvsi7jo2_1280.gif
  • Options
    jonilla1jonilla1 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Not drunk? Yeah, sure :wink:
    Origin EA ID: Xaldin257 Friend requests are welcome.

Some of my creations in the gallery use CC so remember to enable them in the gallery's options to see them all.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Maybe it is just a bug, a hilarious bug though! ;)
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    poeticnebulapoeticnebula Posts: 3,912 Member
    I'm trying to remember where and why but I swear there was a guru who was talking about ocean swimming way back before the delay of GT and she (I believe) had said something about routing and water. It went something like they don't recognize water or something like that (no I'm not drunk now, just not nearly enough caffeine for my old brain) and if you do it just right you can move your sims into the water in a way that makes it look like they are swimming.

Wow, that's a lot for my poor brain this morning to try and explain! Basically what I'm saying is I totally believe it and hope that someone can catch a screen of it! I expect it to happen to all of us at some point. ;)
    Origin ID: ForgottenAmber
    Twitch: ForgottenAmber
    Discord: ForgottenAmber

31710852153_4c3c66dea7.jpg

#BobSquad
    #BobSquadForever

Friend of Liam
  • Options
    Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    OMG! That means Toddlers are coming in patch for Christmas because toddlers love to play in the water so they must be having a play in water interaction for them too and they've already started patching it in! This is so exciting, I'm going to twitter it and post it on Facebook!
  • Options
    siminscsiminsc Posts: 854 Member
    What is the address where your Sim lives?
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    Selkies. Jealous of Emily getting all the attention.
  • Options
    EmmaVane wrote: »

Um, okay....whatever the heck Selkies are!
  • Options
    siminsc wrote: »
    What is the address where your Sim lives?

Newcrest---on the far north side in the 40x30 Eastern lot

• Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,753 Member
    EmmaVane wrote: »

Um, okay....whatever the heck Selkies are!

Similar creatures are described in the Icelandic traditions.[2] The word derives from earlier Scots selich, (from Old English seolh meaning sea. Selkies are said to live as seals in the sea but shed their skin to become human on land. The legend is apparently most common in Orkney and Shetland.

Male selkies are described as being very handsome in their human form, and having great seductive powers over human women. They typically seek those who are dissatisfied with their life, such as married women waiting for their fishermen husbands. If a woman wishes to make contact with a selkie male, she must shed seven tears into the sea. If a man steals a female selkie's skin she is in his power and is forced to become his wife. Female selkies are said to make excellent wives, but because their true home is the sea, they will often be seen gazing longingly at the ocean. If she finds her skin she will immediately return to her true home, and sometimes to her selkie husband, in the sea. Sometimes, a selkie maiden is taken as a wife by a human man and she has several children by him. In these stories, it is one of her children who discovers her sealskin (often unwitting of its significance) and she soon returns to the sea. The selkie woman usually avoids seeing her human husband again but is sometimes shown visiting her children and playing with them in the waves.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    IdontrcallIdontrcall Posts: 19,349 Member
    edited December 2015
    Something strange like that happened to me last night as well (once again, sober) ... My game was on pause and there was one sim who kept moving -- not walking, but gliding. She kept going in a circle across the bar, through the wall into the pond to disappear, only to reappear in the bar. It was eerie.

And, yes, I did record it.

Edit: I just went to watch the video and it is all black :(. I hit the "v" button to record and the size is 13,230 kb -- but it is all black.
    Check out my cooking Youtube channel: Living with Leigh
  • Options
    Savage_Patch_KiddSavage_Patch_Kidd Posts: 2,937 Member
    Goodness this is beginning to sound more eerie like x files...
    tumblr_oy1xa2eHV31uvsi7jo2_1280.gif
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,565 Member
    Considering another Simmer had a Sim that swam through concrete, I'm just not surprised. What a fun bit to have happen in your game! I love little things like this. Wish I had more happen in my game, but, that's just my entire life summed up in a nutshell. :p But, it's all good, I'm having a great time. :)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/