Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Monstrous Mezilkree Interlude 2.2 - Scot free (Update 7-6)

Comments

• pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    On to bigger and better fish, Equinus!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • roseinblack69roseinblack69 Posts: 4,070 Member
    If even Equinus doesn't feel good I think he didn't lose too much leaving Judy :) I'm sure mister Viela will help Equinus to find some chick what will want to have a baby with him;)
  • TwiggyTwiggy Posts: 995 Member
    Thank you @Julyvee94 me too. This rules Judy out as a potential baby momma eventhough i really like her. But like @pammiechick already says, there is more fish in the see hehe Equinus realizes that too. So on to bigger and better :smiley:
  • RinellieRinellie Posts: 438 Member
    I really like how you portrayed Equinus's confusion in regards to why Judy was acting so differently from before. When they first got to the bar and Judy was just watching TV, I felt so sorry for him! I'm glad he's not too heartbroken about it though.
  • GobstoppedGobstopped Posts: 510 Member
    I love your story! :D
    ygOHaMn.png
    @Rinellie since the new save they haven't had that much time together and i could really tell. She went straight inside and watched tv. I didn't have to stage it. :smiley:

Thank you for reading @Gobstopped and glad you like my prettacy :)

Hugs
  • mastressalitamastressalita Posts: 2,874 Member
    I love when speech bubbles are incorperated! When I learned about the cheat to remove them in Sims 3, I thought that was "the proper way" to do stories because that seems to be what all the TS3 authors do so I immediately started using it as soon as I knew about it, and almost immediately began to regret it, missing the inclusion of the speech bubbles. The more I see other stories including them, the more I feel confident now that there was no "proper way" of doing things and I should've just listened to my gut instinct to leave them in. Free the thought and speech bubbles!

Also, I feel bad for Judy. What a sad reason to get dumped. -_-;; She was a delightful lady. Hey Judy, I have a Dislikes Children trait, you can hook-up with me if you like! I don't mind!
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
    Have a Sim story site? Please submit your link to the Stories and Legacies Index!
    Check out my Simlit at Sim Stories: Hijinks from the World of Sims 3!
    My Simlit Discussion/Updates | The Fringe | Short Story Challenges
    @mastressalita Thank you for reading and commenting :) You should always follow your own thoughts and believes when it comes to your anything in life really, is what i have learnt. I must say i haven't been influenced by many stories yet or know what good Sims 4 SimLit should look like. A story just appeals to me or not whether it is from a say established writer or not. That way i am kinda blank. I write my story so i like reading it myself first of all.

Hugs
    Monstrous Mezilkree - from grotesque to gorgeous

Chapter 1.7

"Hello, mister Mezilkree, young sir! What can i do for you this evening?", Equinus hears mister Viela on the other end of the line. "Hello, I hope i am not interrupting anything, mister Viela, but i was wondering where you would send a young lad looking for a good time on a Friday night? This may be an odd question, but i am not known to the venues in these parts nor do i know of anyone else informing me about this, since i don't know many sims yet.", he shyly explains the reason of his call as he walks along the street without even paying attention to so much as traffic.

01-08-16_1-25-46c2a0am.png

The coincidence!", the lawyer replies elated. "I have just now sent my driver to the Mezilkree Manor to fetch you. I reckoned you could do with a night out. Glad you agree! You can inform me of your settling in at the manor while we have a drink. Oh, and we will work on that not knowing many sims.", Viela continues with laughter in his voice.

Equinus explains the lawyer that he is not at the manor, but outside a bar in Oasis Springs. "Oh my, not Rattlesnake Juice, is it? That place is no good, Equinus, far too dull! I will have my driver turn around and pick us both up. Shouldn't be too long. You can wait in the lounge down the street perhaps, the Solar Flare. It is at least a bit more classy. I'll see you there soon, tata!", mister Viela concludes, ending their conversation.

01-08-16_1-30-23c2a0am.png

"Glad i am not meeting Viela back in that bar with Judy. Need not see her for a while. I want to oblige, uncle. Nothing else to do now though but wait. Pfft, i don't like waiting. Well, i don't like moping either! Ah, here is the lounge.", Equinus says aloud as he enters the door to the Solar Flare.

Once inside Equinus heads up the stairs and somewhat hesitantly orders a drink at the bar. He agrees with himself he shouldn't be downing them the way he did on his birthday. He remembers all too well how unpleasant that made him feel the following morning.

01-08-16_1-35-18c2a0am.png

After his drink is served he looks around the place. There are not many guests. Two men are sitting at the bar. They really seem to hit it of, Equinus reckons. Then he spots a comedienne in the corner of the lounge. The remaining customers are flocked around her. He heads up and walks to the corner to hear if the woman is any good.

01-08-16_1-41-47c2a0am.png

Equinus thinks her jokes are awful though. Just superficial puns, nothing fancy. She makes him wish he would be somewhere else then this dull place. Thankfully he then spots mister Viela's driver at the stairs. The man motions him to come his way and leads him to the lawyers car.

When Equinus is seated, Viela informs him they will drive straight back to Newcrest. He knows thé place to be there for good times. Not too long after the men arrive at their destination. "Not like Oasis Springs, now is it?", Viela says.

01-09-16_1-24-41c2a0am.png

He continues: "Only good things there are the spa, oh, and the bakery for it's sugary treats, just so you know. Then this, HA! This is the 'Classy Moon', Equinus. Ah, the hours i spent here smooching ladies at the bar. Cool place to observe people and entertain yourself while at it." he smiles as they walk to the bar inside. A good thing since Equinus is sure he needs a little diversion. He intends to have some serious fun for a change. As they order their drinks mister Viela says he would like to hear how things are faring for Equinus at the manor.

01-09-16_1-49-21c2a0am.png

Equinus tells the lawyer of his new job and the effort he has been putting in. He also tells about Judy while trying to be a tough guy. He concludes that she was some cougar who was just alluring and out to gain status through him, so he ditched her to make room for potential mothers to be. Mister Viela starts laughing out loud: "Good for you, though this is no interrogation, Equinus! I am merely wondering how you are doing", he says clearly amused yet also trying to relax the poor guy next to him. "I thought you wanted to have a good time, man? Common, lets down our drinks and check out the dance floor upstairs afterwards.", Viela continues still snickering.

When Equinus gets upstairs there is already a small crowd on the dance-floor. He feels kinda shy but believes he should get out there if he is to learn to win someones heart. For now, that just means he needs to get into this party vibe going on in the upstairs room of the nightclub. And so Equinus stands on the dance-floor and somewhat cautiously starts to move his body to the beats.

2016-01-11.png

Though as soon as Equinus starts letting loose, he sees sims flocking to the bar for a fill-up or dancing on the side of the room. "What is it that i always scare people away without even talking? I am a fool just leaving Judy there in that bar. No other will want to even look or let alone dance with the likes of monstrous me.", he inwardly despises his appearance.

01-11-16_3-30-04c2a0pm.png

"What was I thinking, that I would just fit in here?!", What a joke he thinks he is. While pitying himself, Equinus is happy to see that Viela walks up the stairs and though somewhat uncomfortable joins him. They are at least both enjoying the music. Oh, Equinus should do just fine. Mister Viela is right there, it is a nice place to spend some time. If only Equinus would be able to relax a bit more and not feel so exposed while enjoying even a simple dance.

2016-01-11-21.png

But before long he just throws any objections overboard he might have for not having that good time he needed. Swinging the night away and talking to anyone who will let him. He is really letting go for the very first time in his life, feeling more confident through mister Viela's presence and reassurance.

01-11-16_4-57-23pm.png

So he chats with some ladies and really no longer thinks of what they might think of him. He will first have to think highly of any lady interested before he will be bothered again, he agrees to himself.

01-11-16_4-53-11c2a0pm.png

Yet he seems to end the night with several potential friends met and his phone number shared with a lady here or there throughout the evening.

01-11-16_5-00-27c2a0pm.png

When dropping Equinus off at home, Viela tells him he had a wonderful time and great laughs too. Equinus agrees to meet up with the lawyer again next Friday.

• BUTTONSGINGERBUTTONSGINGER Posts: 5,702 Member
    Equinus sure can bust a move on the dance floor! Enjoyed the update :)
  • sabreenesabreene Posts: 1,152 Member
    It was fun to see him finally letting go, and enjoying himself! The dancing pictures were so great!
  • Julyvee94Julyvee94 Posts: 6,694 Member
    Loved the update! Hopefully one of these ladies can be charmed by Equinus ^^
  • roseinblack69roseinblack69 Posts: 4,070 Member
    Good luck to Equinus! This guy really deserves it and I'm sure soon he'll be noticed by ladies ;)<3
    Thank you all so much! :smiley: First i felt so sad seeing the dance-floor going all empty as soon as he swayed a hip, but i do believe he managed quite well to make a great night of it after all :wink:

Hugs
    Twiggy wrote: »
    Thank you all so much! :smiley: First i felt so sad seeing the dance-floor going all empty as soon as he swayed a hip, but i do believe he managed quite well to make a great night of it after all :wink:

Hugs

If you have him do a dance battle or show moves, everyone will clear out and watch. It looked like he was doing some moves. I don't really like that. I wish they could dance WITH each other better.
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
    Ah, that does help things on my end for future reference. I didn't realize / know that yet. Thanks @pammiechick :)

First action was dance though, so i am absolutely positive it was already starting to happen before he did any move.
    Ah...poor boy. Love him! He should join a club!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
    Haven't had much time to look into clubs yet, but who knows hehe :wink:

Hugs
    edited January 2016

Chapter 1.8

Equinus feels he enjoyed a great weekend. He has finished his chores and he sure feels lucky with that Friday night out. Now his first weekend in freedom has come to an end. Another week has just started.

01-11-16_9-59-56pm.png

All he needs is a brisk shower before going to work energized.

01-11-16_10-08-22c2a0pm.png

While at work Equinus gets a call from Maaike Haas, one of the ladies he gave his phone number to at the nightclub. She asks him to meet her for lunch at the Classy Moon.

2016-01-11-4.png

Equinus is delighted to realize just being blunt enough to give his number out, pays off so soon. Even though he questions if he can have a proper lunch there, he is eager to give it a try, maybe a little too eager. When they meet Maaike tells him a little about herself, like the fact she is into consolegames.

2016-01-11-51.png

On a whim and not after a joke or two Equinus starts flirting with Maaike. At first she seems to reply pleasantly to his advances.

2016-01-11-6.png

Equinus invites Maaike inside once he has spotted a menu with tasty snacks praised. Once inside he orders a pita and hummus tapas.

01-11-16_10-40-07c2a0pm.png

Once their order is served Equinus and Maaike share the tapas together. Maaike thinks the hummus is too spicy. Equinus does not agree and feels she is exaggerating.

01-11-16_10-46-17c2a0pm.png

Equinus learns Maaike is creative, single ánd a writer at Walrus Books in Newcrest though living in Windenburg. He is quite impressed and flattered at the same time. "How wonderful this independent girl is for asking me out. I hope we have a bit more in common, though i will not let anyone come too close too fast again.", Equinus ponders while they also have a chat with other guests at the bar. Again Equinus is so worried of what might or might not be with Maaike. This despite the fact that the conversation is quite lighthearted. If only he could lighten up himself.

01-11-16_10-56-20c2a0pm.png

Maaike seems to loose eyes and ears for him soon though so Equinus has fun talking to a guy named Marcus instead. He spends some more time talking and forgetting time before he thinks of heading back to the office. Alas because of his reservations towards Maaike, the goodbyes between her and Equinus are only lukewarm. Before Equinus is out the door, he bumps into some woman he met on his recent night out also.

01-11-16_11-03-57c2a0pm.png

He only now gets her full name to learn this sim is called Nina Caliente, like Judy a resident from Oasis Springs. Equinus feels he has really got to get back to work and therefor says goodbye to Nina. He travels back to the office in a hurry...

He doesn't get back to the office in time after lunch and all Equinus' extra efforts of the last week at the job have been for nothing. When he gets home, he changes into his everyday attire and starts filing those reports again to get his job performance back up. Just as Equinus is finished and wants to grab a much needed bite, he gets a text from a girl that definitely caught his attention last Friday. Equinus can't resist her text and replies accepting her invitation.

2016-01-12.png

He agrees to meet Jade at a bar in Windenburg on bear night? Once Equinus arrives at the Old Quarter Inn he isn't all too scared of all the bears flocking to the bar. After all he is used to wildlife from his youth spent in the woods. He is however disappointed to not find Jade Rosa there already waiting for him. "I expected her here already. She did say she lives here, right? Ah well, i'll go have a quick look inside and wait for her outside with a drink afterwards.", Equinus ponders.

01-12-16_2-41-23c2a0pm.png

But Equinus waits and he waits, talks with a passing bear or two on their way to the bear night at the bar. One of the bears he talks to is some elderly that he has the funniest yet oddest conversation with.

2016-01-12-1.png

2016-01-12-2.png

Thus a half hour and another hour pass by, but no Jade Rosa is showing up. Equinus is feeling very disappointed. He brings his glass back to the bar and pities his poor performances with the ladies up to this point. He hopes his luck will change soon enough.

01-12-16_2-49-11c2a0pm.png

He doesn't want to wait in vain or stay at that bar any longer. Equinus walks outside and goes home in a hurry. He grabs the first cab he comes across.

01-12-16_4-07-06c2a0pm.png

When curling up in bed at the manor, he thinks he will not soon accept some random invitation from a lady again. So far they proof to be too snooty or who knows what for his taste, for sure! In the night restless dreams follow, carrying ghosts from the past.

2016-01-12-3.png

The next morning Equinus realizes he hasn't at all had a good night's sleep. He is also famished and needs to get to work in time. "Better get cracking and shake this sadness that seems to wanna find its way in!", Equinus motivates himself when getting out of bed.

2016-01-12-4.png

With that relentless positivism of Equinus he keeps on going without slacking too much after all. It is what has kept him sane during the years with his grandparents and it proofs to be a handy character trait ever since.

He has such a good day at the office, he feels confident he might still gain a promotion soon. When Equinus arrives home, he knows it is time for chores that he just can not neglect. He starts watering the plants again, though sometimes he wonders why for he isn't much of a gardener. Afterwards he does some more menial tasks and finally spends some time snacking in front of the tv. It is then he gets another text from Jade. Again she asks him to meet somewhere, this time the Von Haunt Estate's Chalet Gardens. Equinus is surprised to hear from here again so soon after she stood him up at that bar in Windenburg. He is not sure how to react at first.

2016-01-12-6.png

Equinus likes this girl, but he will not be treated like some nobody again. So he musters up all the courage he has and replies by calling Jade immediately. Once she answers the phone, Equinus rants: "Look, Jade, i know i am kinda clueless. It has treated me well over the years, but what kind of fool do you think i really am? I must decline your invitation. If you want to meet again, sure, i'll bite. But this time i will be the one inviting. You come have dinner with me here at the Mezilkree Manor. Show me what you are really made of? Will you accept this challenge or would you rather i spend another night waiting for you somewhere outdoors instead? Meet me here Thursday at eight. I will text you my adres. Then i can at least wait for you in the luxury of my own home!". Jade is as surprised as Equinus has been over getting her text ánd his confidence to rant to her like he just did. It is probably this element of surprise also that makes Jade answer as follows: "Well, eh... if you put it like that. Hm, you do that then! Send me that adres soon and i see you Thursday. Bye...".

01-13-16_12-07-27c2a0am.png

Before Equinus can reply, Jade hangs up. Leaving Equinus to wonder whether he will actually be seeing Jade this Thursday.
    Post edited by Twiggy on
  • MarialeinMarialein Posts: 2,885 Member
    edited January 2016
  • RinellieRinellie Posts: 438 Member
    Ooo, loved seeing Equinus standing up for himself at the end there. He's such a sweetie, he doesn't deserve the be getting walked all over by all these women! I hope Jade shows him some more respect and shows up next time.

Also -- LOL at that screenshot with Maaike reacting to the spicy food and Equinus giving her the side eye. Too perfect :lol:
    edited January 2016
    Thank you for reading @Marialein I too hope he really hits it off with her... and ofc i can't wait to see what baby's in future will look like. :smiley:

@Rinellie Thank you! I love it when screenshots really know to underline the story :)

Hugs

Chapter 1.9

Wednesday after work there is nothing special waiting for Equinus. When lazying about, he has a closer look at the doll houses in the yard and plays around with some dolls till he realizes he should make supper and fill out his reports for the day.

01-13-16_12-28-42c2a0am.png

Equinus knows tomorrow will bring the bills in although he sincerely hopes the day brings him a promotion first. He feels burdened by the weight on his shoulder to maintain this huge manor, but he is sure he will find a way to make his allowance last a long time. Might as well put his garden to good use while he is at it, he reckons. Therefor he thinks of selling some of the grown vegetables from his garden: "What a marvelous idea! Why didn't i think of that sooner?", he praises himself.

And then his phone is buzzing with an incoming text. It is Paolo Rocca, a friend of Jade's that was at the Classy Moon too on Friday. Paolo texts him that he is impressed with Equinus' ability to entertain and dance the night away. Him and his friends are interested in knowing whether Equinus wants to join the Partihaus club.

2016-01-13.png

This would mean getting closer to Jade without feeling much pressure for he believes she is a member too. Equinus feels playful enough to accept Paolo's invitation. Not long after Equinus receives a text with an invite to a Partihaus club gathering at the Narwhal Arms in Windenburg later that day. Although he feels kinda tired, he doesn't want to spoil a good party and agrees to meet the club members there.

01-13-16_12-59-45am.png

It is only at the club gathering Equinus realizes he just entered a club where he has the hots not for a member, but for the club leader! But he will not let that spoil his playful mood. Instead he tries to act casual and spends some time bonding outside with the male members, Paolo and Marcus.

2016-01-13-1.png

While heading inside Marcus says to Equinus it is such a coincidence meeting him yesterday at the Classy Moon at lunchtime and now welcoming him in the Partihaus club. Equinus is happy he can act like himself around these guys. With ladies he tends to overthink things and doing too much effort, which almost always backfires right away.

01-13-16_11-29-44c2a0pm.png

Secretly Equinus watches Jade from the side of the dance floor. She shows off some great moves. If only he could muster up enough courage to start a conversation with her without looking like a fool.

01-13-16_11-36-22c2a0pm.png

Equinus romantic bone senses the mood in the club is getting a bit flirty during the course of the gathering. Right then Jade is about to order a drink at the bar. He feels it would not seem weird now to perhaps make a move. Hopefully this will warm Jade into coming to his manor tomorrow evening as agreed. As he tries not to overthink this whim and walks up to her, Equinus is sure he sees Jade glance his way in a very seductive manner. It is now or never!

01-13-16_11-48-42c2a0pm.png

Equinus first makes a flirtatious joke which is answered by a big warming smile on Jade's face.

01-14-16_12-00-31c2a0am.png

Then Equinus throws in a bold question to which Jade's eyes give a more in-depth answer then she might have wanted to give. Jade starts blushing straight away.

2016-01-13-2.png

Then when Equinus tries a pick-up line, Jade looks exhilarated. Equinus notices Paolo listening in while ordering a drink at the bar. When Paolo walks off heading to Marcus on the other side of the room, he gives Equinus a meaningful look and grin.

01-14-16_12-03-11c2a0am.png

Although Equinus is on a roll, he realizes he needs to head home for it is getting late. "Better leave on a high note and make sure Jade is craving for more." He reckons, followed by a more insecure: "It is up to me to change the monster into a magnet in time for a romantic candle lit dinner tomorrow evening." He then leaves his friends with a newly learned handshake and heads home feeling satisfied about his first official gathering with the Partihaus club.

The next day Equinus returns home from work wearing a big smile on his face. Today he has gotten that desired promotion. He makes it to office assistant of the accounting department at Dewey, Cheatem and Howe Incorporated! If only this evening will be as successful as his day has proven thus far, he and Jade will definitely hit it off. Not only that, he will sweep her off her pretty little feet, for that he is certain! But first he makes sure the bills get paid although it pains him to see such a chunk of his allowance go.

01-14-16_2-37-31c2a0am.png

After the mail is sorted Equinus takes a long, steamy shower and just for the occasion decides to wear a bit more formal attire. He hopes to present himself as the distinguished master of the manor. He also decides to be frank and have his baldness out in the open, exposed.

01-14-16_2-59-36c2a0am.png

Equinus is busy with dinner when the doorbell rings. "Ah, that will be Jade. She is early." Equinus sighs happily as he leaves his dinner preparations and walks upstairs to greet her. Equinus walks Jade to the downstairs living room, turns a record on and brings her an appetizer.

01-14-16_3-13-03c2a0am.png

Then Equinus finishes the dinner preparations and setting the dining room table. When dinner is served, Equinus tells Jade of his promotion. It is then he finds out that Jade is a co-worker at Dewey, Cheatem and Howe Inc. She is an office assistant to the marketing department. They enjoy their dinner together while blissfully chit-chatting away. After their dessert Equinus shows Jade the manor. He finishes the tour by taking Jade up to the first floor balcony. It gives a great view in the moonlight plus he placed a cold bottle of champagne there earlier.

Things should definitely be looking up for Equinus soon. As long as he remembers to not be too eager and take things slow. "Remember what Viela said... Let them come to me. There is no need to rush in head first like i did with Judy." Equinus tries to restrain himself. But he is so infatuated with Jade that he finds himself wondering what being her boyfriend would feel like.

01-14-16_3-34-26c2a0am.png

Then Jade gets up and cheerfully says to him: "I had such a wonderful evening, Equinus. Good to see a man cook, dance ánd romance like a champ. I have to get going now, but we should really do this again!" Equinus is so happy to hear Jade say this. He gets off his chair and holds her in a warm embrace.

01-14-16_2-15-13c2a0pm.png

"Indeed we should, Jade, I agree!", he replies. He can't help but feel the urge to kiss her. He holds back and doesn't go for that kiss right now. Instead he walks her to the door and watches her as she gets in her car. He is rewarded for she blows him a kiss as she drives off. Equinus leaves the dishes and goes straight to bed. He is in a hurry to start a brand new day in the hopes it will be as sweet as today has been to him.