Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CC GONE AFTER UPDATE! HELP!

Comments

• Aprilblue06Aprilblue06 Posts: 1 New Member
    will restarting it destroy all my progress will i lose all the relation ships my people and will i start over?
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,585 Member
    will restarting it destroy all my progress will i lose all the relation ships my people and will i start over?

Hello.
    Are you meaning if you reset the sims 4 folder? Or do you means starting a new save game?

Hello
    I will repost here what I wrote on my wall to the question you posted there,

There is a feature that when there is a game update, mods/cc are disabled. This link explains about it,
    http://help.ea.com/article/mods-and-the-sims-4-game-updates

Go to options and tick the " enable custom content and mods" button which is found in :
    Options | Other | Enable Custom Content and Mods. Also tick the script mods allowed button.
    Exit the game. Then go back into the game again and see if the cc appears then.
  • Shelbers22Shelbers22 Posts: 26 New Member
    I've been having the same issue since I downloaded Sims 4 back onto my computer and I've tried all the method's listed here and haven't had any luck.
    Shelbers22 wrote: »
    I've been having the same issue since I downloaded Sims 4 back onto my computer and I've tried all the method's listed here and haven't had any luck.

Hello
    I an sorry that you are having cc issues.

Make sure that you have extracted the package files out of the zipped folder or the rar file.
    Try placing the package files directly into the mods folder without being in sub folders.
    Check that the files are for sims 4, and not for sims 2 or 3.
    Try downloading cc from a different site to where you downloaded your current cc from, and see if that appears.

Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then add back the "options.ini" or "options " file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music "folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders that have the same name.
    Don't put back the old mods folder. Instead, place your cc/mods into the newly generated mods folder. Then test to see if that helps.
  • will1553will1553 Posts: 2 New Member
    Hello everyone,

Ummm... well, all my CC is gone and I tried everything. I updated, nothing, I repaired, nothing, I enabled CC and script mods, nothing. Also, I checked Documents/Electronic Arts/Sims 4/ Mods and it says everything is there. But every time I go into the game the CC is not there. Please please help me!
    will1553 wrote: »
    Hello everyone,

Ummm... well, all my CC is gone and I tried everything. I updated, nothing, I repaired, nothing, I enabled CC and script mods, nothing. Also, I checked Documents/Electronic Arts/Sims 4/ Mods and it says everything is there. But every time I go into the game the CC is not there. Please please help me!

Hello
    I am just checking. Make sure that you have extracted the package files out of the zipped folder or the rar file, if they come in zipped or rar formats,
    Try placing the package files directly into the mods folder without being in sub folders.
    Check that the files are for sims 4, and not for sims 2 or 3.
    Try downloading new cc from a different site to where you downloaded your current cc from, and see if that appears.
  • GunngirlGunngirl Posts: 32 Member
    > @will1553 said:
    > Hello everyone,
    >
    >
    > Ummm... well, all my CC is gone and I tried everything. I updated, nothing, I repaired, nothing, I enabled CC and script mods, nothing. Also, I checked Documents/Electronic Arts/Sims 4/ Mods and it says everything is there. But every time I go into the game the CC is not there. Please please help me!

Your conundrum is almost like mine. I'm just baffled at what happened to my CC. I FINALLY decided to organize my CC and took my original folder (saved a backup) then organized all that CC into subfolders and put it back in the game. After I did that the game went bananas. It deleted over 400 CC, I have naked and bald sims and empty rooms. I'm like 🐸🐸🐸🐸? It's just so random. I checked the 'enable CC' button, restarted, repaired, I went back and enabled an old save file. I just don't get it. I don't understand how I take out mods folder and put the same mods/cc back in and so much disappears. I decided to put the original mods folder back in with the original CC, not the ones I put into subfolders because I thought maybe the subfolders were just not taking, and it still says almost 300 CC are gone. HOW?!?! it's the ORIGINAL folder I took out and backed up?!

Is anyone still having CC problems? This is ridiculous. Instead of playing, I've spent 2 days messing with this stupidity.
    Gunngirl wrote: »
    > @will1553 said:
    > Hello everyone,
    >
    >
    > Ummm... well, all my CC is gone and I tried everything. I updated, nothing, I repaired, nothing, I enabled CC and script mods, nothing. Also, I checked Documents/Electronic Arts/Sims 4/ Mods and it says everything is there. But every time I go into the game the CC is not there. Please please help me!

Your conundrum is almost like mine. I'm just baffled at what happened to my CC. I FINALLY decided to organize my CC and took my original folder (saved a backup) then organized all that CC into subfolders and put it back in the game. After I did that the game went bananas. It deleted over 400 CC, I have naked and bald sims and empty rooms. I'm like plum? It's just so random. I checked the 'enable CC' button, restarted, repaired, I went back and enabled an old save file. I just don't get it. I don't understand how I take out mods folder and put the same mods/cc back in and so much disappears. I decided to put the original mods folder back in with the original CC, not the ones I put into subfolders because I thought maybe the subfolders were just not taking, and it still says almost 300 CC are gone. HOW?!?! it's the ORIGINAL folder I took out and backed up?!

Is anyone still having CC problems? This is ridiculous. Instead of playing, I've spent 2 days messing with this plum.

Helo
    I am sorry that you are having this issue :(
    Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then back the "options.ini" or "options " file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music "folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders that have the same name.
    Don't put back the old mods folder. Instead, place your cc/mods into the newly generated mods folder. Then test to see if that helps.

Make sure that there is only one resource.cfg file in the mods folder.
  • will1553will1553 Posts: 2 New Member
    I tried that already and nothing worked.
  • llama_lover4llama_lover4 Posts: 2 New Member
    Hi everyone! Hope your having a good day...Hopefully better than mine. So I just got to say that my CC is not working after an update, I tried everything. I was even on the fence about deleting my game or not! But I still am.

So what I did was create a new Mods folder,
    Put all my CC in it then restart the game (With Mods and CC Enabled)
    That did not work so I moved all my stuff back to the default Mods folder
    Still not working, so I looked here!
    I'm so desperate I created an account, read all the comments, still its not working.
    I'm wondering if anyone can help me! If you can I will appreciate you forever! Thank you!
    Hi everyone! Hope your having a good day...Hopefully better than mine. So I just got to say that my CC is not working after an update, I tried everything. I was even on the fence about deleting my game or not! But I still am.

I'm so desperate I created an account, read all the comments, still its not working.
    I'm wondering if anyone can help me! If you can I will appreciate you forever! Thank you!

Hello @llama_lover4
    Do you use One Drive? If you do, check to see if there is a sims 4 folder or mods folder there. This could be causing this issue.
  • JagwithtudeJagwithtude Posts: 1,452 Member

When you made the new mod folder did you add the resource.cfg to it as well? When you moved your CC back to the old mods folder is the resourse.cfg there?
    "If you could read my mind, I'm pretty sure you'd be traumatized for life"

Join us on Discord for help with MC Command Center @ Discord https://discord.gg/TKp3GqE
    The latest version of MCCC 3.9.6 go to https://www.patreon.com/posts/mc-command-3-9-6-15332977

Rrkznuy.jpg?4

• llama_lover4llama_lover4 Posts: 2 New Member
    @Jagwithtude No I didn't....I totally forgot about that! Thanks!
    @Jagwithtude No I didn't....I totally forgot about that! Thanks!

Hello
    The game should have generated a new resource.cfg file when you loaded the game. Is there a resource.cfg file in the new mods folder now?
  • dusthymndusthymn Posts: 3 New Member
    Hello everyone, I have been playing the sims 4 since launch on my Mac OSX. Unfortunately yesterday my brother saved the game with the mods unchecked, causing all of my mods to disappear and not show up on game. The clothes have disappeared from my sims and they are all basically bald right now. I have tried changing the saves but unfortunately I don't have many saved slots, I would just always hit the play button. I did have a few files in there but changing them did not give me my CC back. I'm not sure what I can do to get my sims back to the way they were.
  • simmer1923824simmer1923824 Posts: 5 New Member
    please help someone, i'm really desperate. I was downloading some cc and next thing i know, i go into my mods folder and nothing is there apart from resource.cfg and all of my cc that i had downloaded in my previous 2 years of playing the sims 4 is ALL GONE. i know that its not because of a recent update, i know how to get cc back when its an update, but i've tried everything and there's nothing thats similar to my problem. please help, i've been crying for ages and i dont know what to do.
    thankyou. xx
    dusthymn wrote: »
    Hello everyone, I have been playing the sims 4 since launch on my Mac OSX. Unfortunately yesterday my brother saved the game with the mods unchecked, causing all of my mods to disappear and not show up on game. The clothes have disappeared from my sims and they are all basically bald right now. I have tried changing the saves but unfortunately I don't have many saved slots, I would just always hit the play button. I did have a few files in there but changing them did not give me my CC back. I'm not sure what I can do to get my sims back to the way they were.

Hello @dusthymn
    Try recovering an earlier version of your current save game to play. To do that , go to the main screen of sims 4, and click on the " load game " button.Click on your save game file picture. Then click on the " recover game " button down the right hand side bottom of the screen,. Press on an earlier version of the save game from the menu that pops up. Then load that save game version
    please help someone, i'm really desperate. I was downloading some cc and next thing i know, i go into my mods folder and nothing is there apart from resource.cfg and all of my cc that i had downloaded in my previous 2 years of playing the sims 4 is ALL GONE. i know that its not because of a recent update, i know how to get cc back when its an update, but i've tried everything and there's nothing thats similar to my problem. please help, i've been crying for ages and i dont know what to do.
    thankyou. xx

Hello @simmer1923824
    I am sorry that this has occurred :(
    Try checking the recycle bin on your computer and see if the cc may be there.
    > @rosemow said:
    > dusthymn wrote: »
    >
    > Hello everyone, I have been playing the sims 4 since launch on my Mac OSX. Unfortunately yesterday my brother saved the game with the mods unchecked, causing all of my mods to disappear and not show up on game. The clothes have disappeared from my sims and they are all basically bald right now. I have tried changing the saves but unfortunately I don't have many saved slots, I would just always hit the play button. I did have a few files in there but changing them did not give me my CC back. I'm not sure what I can do to get my sims back to the way they were.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @dusthymn
    > Try recovering an earlier version of your current save game to play. To do that , go to the main screen of sims 4, and click on the " load game " button.Click on your save game file picture. Then click on the " recover game " button down the right hand side bottom of the screen,. Press on an earlier version of the save game from the menu that pops up. Then load that save game version
    I tried that and when i loaded it the game was just as it was before, without mods.
    Fortunately i was able to recover my mods and they are visible in game but I would have to customize every single sim I have made all over again, putting all of the mods back one by one. Is there any way I can find a save with the mods already on my sims?
    dusthymn wrote: »
    > @rosemow said:
    >
    > Hello everyone, I have been playing the sims 4 since launch on my Mac OSX. Unfortunately yesterday my brother saved the game with the mods unchecked, causing all of my mods to disappear and not show up on game. The clothes have disappeared from my sims and they are all basically bald right now. I have tried changing the saves but unfortunately I don't have many saved slots, I would just always hit the play button. I did have a few files in there but changing them did not give me my CC back. I'm not sure what I can do to get my sims back to the way they were.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @dusthymn
    > Try recovering an earlier version of your current save game to play. To do that , go to the main screen of sims 4, and click on the " load game " button.Click on your save game file picture. Then click on the " recover game " button down the right hand side bottom of the screen,. Press on an earlier version of the save game from the menu that pops up. Then load that save game version
    I tried that and when i loaded it the game was just as it was before, without mods.
    Fortunately i was able to recover my mods and they are visible in game but I would have to customize every single sim I have made all over again, putting all of the mods back one by one. Is there any way I can find a save with the mods already on my sims?

Hello.
    Try doing what I suggested and recover each of the earlier versions of your save game, Load each of the earlier saves and see if the cc is on your sims. One of them may still have the cc on the sims,
    If they haven’t, I am so sorry but you will need to manually put the cc on the sims again, :(
    > @rosemow said:
    >
    > > @rosemow said:
    > > dusthymn wrote: »
    > >
    > > Hello everyone, I have been playing the sims 4 since launch on my Mac OSX. Unfortunately yesterday my brother saved the game with the mods unchecked, causing all of my mods to disappear and not show up on game. The clothes have disappeared from my sims and they are all basically bald right now. I have tried changing the saves but unfortunately I don't have many saved slots, I would just always hit the play button. I did have a few files in there but changing them did not give me my CC back. I'm not sure what I can do to get my sims back to the way they were.
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > Hello @dusthymn
    > > Try recovering an earlier version of your current save game to play. To do that , go to the main screen of sims 4, and click on the " load game " button.Click on your save game file picture. Then click on the " recover game " button down the right hand side bottom of the screen,. Press on an earlier version of the save game from the menu that pops up. Then load that save game version
    > I tried that and when i loaded it the game was just as it was before, without mods.
    > Fortunately i was able to recover my mods and they are visible in game but I would have to customize every single sim I have made all over again, putting all of the mods back one by one. Is there any way I can find a save with the mods already on my sims?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello.
    > Try doing what I suggested and recover each of the earlier versions of your save game, Load each of the earlier saves and see if the cc is on your sims. One of them may still have the cc on the sims,
    > If they haven’t, I am so sorry but you will need to manually put the cc on the sims again, :(

Okay, that might work. Ill get back with the results lol
  • simmer1923824simmer1923824 Posts: 5 New Member
    > @rosemow said:
    > simmer1923824 wrote: »
    >
    > please help someone, i'm really desperate. I was downloading some cc and next thing i know, i go into my mods folder and nothing is there apart from resource.cfg and all of my cc that i had downloaded in my previous 2 years of playing the sims 4 is ALL GONE. i know that its not because of a recent update, i know how to get cc back when its an update, but i've tried everything and there's nothing thats similar to my problem. please help, i've been crying for ages and i dont know what to do.
    > thankyou. xx
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @simmer1923824
    > I am sorry that this has occurred :(
    > Try checking the recycle bin on your computer and see if the cc may be there.

I have checked it but it isn't there. Is there anything else I can try? Thankyou x
    > @rosemow said:
    > simmer1923824 wrote: »
    >
    > please help someone, i'm really desperate. I was downloading some cc and next thing i know, i go into my mods folder and nothing is there apart from resource.cfg and all of my cc that i had downloaded in my previous 2 years of playing the sims 4 is ALL GONE. i know that its not because of a recent update, i know how to get cc back when its an update, but i've tried everything and there's nothing thats similar to my problem. please help, i've been crying for ages and i dont know what to do.
    > thankyou. xx
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @simmer1923824
    > I am sorry that this has occurred :(
    > Try checking the recycle bin on your computer and see if the cc may be there.

I have checked it but it isn't there. Is there anything else I can try? Thankyou x

Hello. I am sorry :( If the files are not in the mods folder, you won’t be able to use them. Try searching using the search bar on your computer using the name of one of the missing files, and see if you may be able to locate them that way

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top