Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Fairy Tale Reader - Stories from Grimm brothers, Hans Christian Andersen & Co

MarialeinMarialein Posts: 2,885 Member
Prolog
Once upon a time, there was a young girl. She lost her whole family and stayed from this time on in an orphanage. Everybody liked her, but she had only bad luck. Nobody wanted to adopt her.
As soon as she had a friend there, he or she left because they all found a new home. She decided to stay better alone and found hope and friends in her fairy tale books.

Note: I won't write the fairytales myself, but I will change some details. The single fairytale chapters will be posted here.

1. Chapter - Little Red Riding Hood
2. Chapter - The frog king or Iron Henry
3. Chapter - The sleeping beauty
4. Chapter - The little mermaid
Post edited by Marialein on

Comments

• MarialeinMarialein Posts: 2,885 Member
    Explanation
    What is the fairy tale reader?
    I will write a little story about my fairy tale reader.
    Every time when she reads the tales you will see the fairytales with pictures of the sims.
    The fairytales itself I will only change in that why that I can make pictures in sims 4 for that.
    I am by now at the beginning and I need to play and build a bit until I will write the first real chapter.
    1. Chapter - Little Red Riding Hood

Hey there. My name is Sera and I am an orphan. I lived at the orphanage since I could remember.

LpARIgZ.png

I was the oldest of all there. Nobody wanted to adopt me when I was a child and now I was only a few steps away of being a young adult. You could say that I am a real bookworm. The most of my time I spent with reading fairytales. With these books I never felt alone. They gave me hope and they let me dream of a better life. I had say that with the year passing by I lost the believe in them more and more, but they helped me through hard times and they are my dearest friends.
    This is the story how my whole life changed, but let's start at the beginning.

y4bY7Yt.png

As the oldest I took care of the little ones. The first one I want to introduce to you is Nelly. Her favorite toy was a doll castle. She played a lot with it. Nelly was a little princess. She always wore a little diadem. Sometimes she remembered me on myself. We were both big bookworms.

3bD8mCK.png

Tina was a little genius, but she was also a little dancing queen. With her golden hair she could be out of a fairytale and she would be the beautiful princess the prince wants to marry.

lIzJJdH.png

Kim was a geek and so she sometimes sneaked inside the office of Ella to play at the computer. She said that the computers the kids could use are not that good as Ella's. Kim was a big fan of knights in shining armors.

P9JRgBd.png

Danny, one of the boys, was a huge goofball. He only as fun in his mind. Except of playing he also enjoyed the fairytales I read for the kids.

MS8MviD.png

Last but not least there was only Jerry left. He was sometimes a bit rude especially to the big teddy. He was also active and can't sit still. It was hard to get him asleep, but when I read stories for the little ones he was also able to sleep well and quiet.

15V2mcW.png

Now there is only Ella left to introduce. She was the supervisor of the orphanage and the cook and the cleaner and … she did just everything for the kids.

P8RIpwm.png

Ella was also always searching for good homes for the kids. She even never gave up to find one for me.

n1Oc6Xv.png

You wanna know more about me at this time? Well there is not much to say. As you have already guessed I read a lot for the kids. Another passion of me was playing the violin, even though I was not that good at it. Now I am better at it.

uSU4kp5.png

"Hey Sera. What are you going to read today?"
    Tina asked me after she finished her homework.
    "I am not sure by now. You will see, Tina."
    I smiled at her and little Tina smiled back very sweet.

1F8fsdy.png

Soon it was time for dinner. Ella had cooked grilled cheese for us and we ate it together as usual in the dining room. Now it was time to think of the todays fairy tale. Maybe today I should take no love story to please also the boys.

4uT3KoA.png

After everybody finished the meal, Ella cleaned the dishes.

MUw9376.png

When it was time for the children to go asleep I went upstairs in their bedroom and sat down on my red reader chair.

Azq0G0C.png

Soon the little ones sat down on the beds. Only Nelly, the little princess sat down on the floor next to me to hear every single word.

8tIo7vL.png

"Today I will read "Little Red Riding Hood" for you. Ok let's start."

Once upon a time there was a sweet little girl. Everyone who saw her liked her, but most of all her grandmother, who did not know what to give the child next. Once she gave her a little cap made of red velvet. Because it suited her so well, and she wanted to wear it all the time, she came to be known as Little Red Riding Hood.
    One day her mother said to her: "Come Little Red Riding Hood. Here is a piece of cake and a bottle of juice. Take them to your grandmother. She is sick and weak, and they will do her well. Mind your manners and give her my greetings. Behave yourself on the way, and do not leave the path, or you might fall down and break the glass, and then there will be nothing for your sick grandmother."

S1ECw9h.png

Little Red Riding Hood promised to obey her mother. The grandmother lived out in the woods, a half hour from the village. When Little Red Riding Hood entered the woods a bear came up to her. She did not know what a wicked animal he was, and was not afraid of him.
    "Good day to you, Little Red Riding Hood."
    "Thank you, bear."
    "Where are you going so early, Little Red Riding Hood?"
    "To grandmother's."
    "And what are you carrying under your apron?"
    "Grandmother is sick and weak, and I am taking her some cake and juice. We baked yesterday, and they should give her strength."
    "Little Red Riding Hood, just where does your grandmother live?"
    "Her house is a good quarter hour from here in the woods, under the three large oak trees. There's a hedge of hazel bushes there. You must know the place," said Little Red Riding Hood.
    The wolf thought to himself: "Now there is a tasty bite for me. Just how are you going to catch her?"

yr8YpEa.png

Then he said: "Listen, Little Red Riding Hood, haven't you seen the beautiful flowers that are blossoming in the woods? Why don't you go and take a look? And I don't believe you can hear how beautifully the birds are singing. You are walking along as though you were on your way to school in the village. It is very beautiful in the woods."

H6L8I1y.png

Little Red Riding Hood opened her eyes and saw the sunlight breaking through the trees and how the ground was covered with beautiful flowers. She thought: "If I take a bouquet to grandmother, she will be very pleased. Anyway, it is still early, and I'll be home on time."
    And she ran off into the woods looking for flowers. Each time she picked one she thought that she could see an even more beautiful one a little way off, and she ran after it, going further and further into the woods.

DIpAtfm.png

But the bear ran straight to the grandmother's house and knocked on the door. "Who's there?"
    "Little Red Riding Hood. I'm bringing you some cake and wine. Open the door for me."
    "Just press the latch," called out the grandmother. "I'm too weak to get up." The bear pressed the latch, and the door opened.

3RDWLmg.png

He stepped inside, went straight to the grandmother's bed, and ate her up.

DrCHk7D.png

Then he took her clothes, put them on, and put her cap on his head. He got into her bed and pulled the curtains shut.

Little Red Riding Hood had run after flowers, and did not continue on her way to grandmother's until she had gathered all that she could carry. When she arrived, she found, to her surprise, that the door was open.

r5gL1k6.png

She walked into the parlor, and everything looked so strange that she thought: "Oh, my God, why am I so afraid? I usually like it at grandmother's." Then she went to the bed and pulled back the curtains. Grandmother was lying there with her cap pulled down over her face and looking very strange.
    "Oh, grandmother, what big ears you have!"
    "All the better to hear you with."
    "Oh, grandmother, what big eyes you have!"
    "All the better to see you with."
    "Oh, grandmother, what big hands you have!"
    "All the better to grab you with!"
    "Oh, grandmother, what a horribly big mouth you have!"
    "All the better to eat you with!" And with that he jumped out of bed, jumped on top of poor Little Red Riding Hood, and ate her up.

lV1HZqe.png

As soon as the bear had finished this tasty bite, he climbed back into bed, fell asleep, and began to snore very loudly.

Qy6DY4G.png

A huntsman was just passing by. He thought it strange that the old woman was snoring so loudly, so he decided to take a look.

70SDs5W.png

He stepped inside, and in the bed there lay the bear that he had been hunting for such a long time. "He has eaten the grandmother, but perhaps she still can be saved. I won't shoot him," thought the huntsman.

yr60rgY.png

So he took a pair of scissors and cut open his belly. He had cut only a few strokes when he saw the red cap shining through. He cut a little more, and the girl jumped out and cried: "Oh, I was so frightened! It was so dark inside the bear's body!"
    And then the grandmother came out alive as well. Then Little Red Riding Hood fetched some large heavy stones. They filled the bear's body with them, and when he woke up and tried to run away, the stones were so heavy that he fell down dead.

The three of them were happy. The huntsman took the wolf's pelt. The grandmother ate the cake and drank the wine that Little Red Riding Hood had brought. And Little Red Riding Hood thought to herself: "As long as I live, I will never leave the path and run off into the woods by myself if mother tells me not to."

gH1zyCW.png

"So don't trust strangers that easy, kids. Goodnight and sleep well."

DHv2b79.png

I stayed until the kids were sleeping. I can't imagine something more peaceful and innocent than a sleeping child.

eZabt7p.png

I sat down on my own bed. My room was very tiny, but it was mine. I thought of the future worrying, even though I never showed my worries outside.

uxC2bSR.png
    edited December 2015
    My first chapter is out now. If you have a favorite fairy tale just say it here. Maybe I will take it into my story ;)
    edited December 2015
    Tomorrow I should be able to do the next chapter so look forward to...
    The frog king or Iron Henry
    The frog king or Iron Henry

The next day Ella told me that she found a couple who wanted to adopt me. I heard it so often in my life that I didn't really believe in it. The same day the couple changed their decision and they wanted to adopt a baby.

fOqTmpF.png

It was a normal day in school. Only one thing was strange. I had the whole time a feeling of being watched. I mean I had this feeling my whole life, but today the feeling was stronger.

tC10xoF.png

One my way home from school I tried to figure out who was watching me. I stopped to look for someone.

KNnYPmQ.png

There was nobody. No neighbors. No kids. I think there where even no birds at this moment. Now I just wanted to stay at home, but Ella had other plans with us.

6JoByno.png

We went together in the park to enjoy the fresh air.

jRHEtFg.png

Jerry went to one old log to catch a frog. Nelly the little princess screamed a loud "Ewwww. How can you touch this frogs?"

Mqw0EDw.png

"Oh you don't like frogs?" With that he tried to put the collected frog on Nelly's head.

g7MQQV7.png

"Enough. You two." Ella said in a strict voice. She wasn't really strict at all, but she knew how to handle the kids.
    Jerry stopped, but he had to giggle for a while.
    "Hey, I know a fairytale about this do you wanna hear it?" I suggested to them.
    Of course they wanted.

njHcosu.png

We sat down on a bench and I started reading the frog king or iron Henry for the kids. The feeling of being watched didn't disappear.

NLTM82F.png

In the old times, when it was still of some use to wish for the thing one wanted, there lived a King whose daughters were all handsome, but the youngest was so beautiful that the sun himself, who has seen so much, wondered each time he shone over her because of her beauty. Near the royal castle there was a great dark wood, and in the wood under an old linden-tree was a well; and when the day was hot, the King's daughter used to go forth into the wood and sit by the brink of the cool well, and if the time seemed long, she would take out a golden ball, and throw it up and catch it again, and this was her favourite pastime.

Now it happened one day that the golden ball, instead of falling back into the maiden's little hand which had sent it aloft, dropped to the ground near the edge of the well and rolled in.
    The king's daughter followed it with her eyes as it sank, but the well was deep, so deep that the bottom could not be seen.

Jq9jt2W.png

Then she began to weep, and she wept and wept as if she could never be comforted.
    And in the midst of her weeping she heard a voice saying to her: "What ails thee, king's daughter? Thy tears would melt a heart of stone."

HJ8phQ2.png

And when she looked to see where the voice came from, there was nothing but a frog stretching his thick ugly head out of the water.
    "Oh, is it you, old waddler?" said she, "I weep because my golden ball has fallen into the well."
    "Never mind, do not weep," answered the frog, "I can help you; but what will you give me if I fetch up your ball again?"
    "Whatever you like, dear frog," said she, "any of my clothes, my pearls and jewels, or even the golden crown that I wear."
    "Thy clothes, thy pearls and jewels, and thy golden crown are not for me," answered the frog, "but if thou wouldst love me, and have me for thy companion and play-fellow, and let me sit by thee at table, and eat from thy plate, and drink from thy cup, and sleep in thy little bed, if thou wouldst promise all this, then would I dive below the water and fetch thee thy golden ball again."
    "Oh yes," she answered, "I will promise it all, whatever you want, if you will only get me my ball again."
    But she thought to herself: What nonsense he talks! As if he could do anything but sit in the water and croak with the other frogs, or could possibly be any one's companion.

IZWcpnJ.png

But the frog, as soon as he heard her promise, drew his head under the water and sank down out of sight, but after a while he came to the surface again with the ball in his mouth, and he threw it on the grass. The King's daughter was overjoyed to see her pretty plaything again, and she caught it up and ran off with it.
    "Stop, stop!" cried the frog, "take me up too. I cannot run as fast as you!"
    But it was of no use, for croak, croak after her as he might, she would not listen to him, but made haste home, and very soon forgot all about the poor frog, who had to betake himself to his well again.

The next day, when the King's daughter was sitting at table with the King and all the court, and eating from her golden plate, there came something pitter patter up the marble stairs, and then there came a knocking at the door, and a voice crying: "Youngest King's daughter, let me in!"

mLS69Sb.png

And she got up and ran to see who it could be, but when she opened the door, there was the frog standing outside.

8Kcnq4d.png

6mznZmh.png

Then she shut the door hastily and went back to her seat, feeling very uneasy.
    The King noticed how quickly her heart was beating, and said: "My child, what are you afraid of? Is there a giant standing at the door ready to carry you away?"
    "Oh no," answered she, "no giant, but a horrid frog."
    "And what does the frog want?" asked the King.
    "O dear father," answered she, "when I was sitting by the well yesterday, and playing with my golden ball, it fell into the water, and while I was crying for the loss of it, the frog came and got it again for me on condition I would let him be my companion, but I never thought that he could leave the water and come after me; but now there he is outside the door, and he wants to come in to me."
    And then they all heard him knocking the second time and crying:
    "Youngest King's daughter,
    Open to me!
    By the well water
    What promised
    you me?
    Youngest King's daughter
    Now open to me!"

"That which thou hast promised must thou perform," said the King, "so go now and let him in."

12l6a6W.png

So she went and opened the door, and the frog hopped in, following at her heels, till she reached her chair.
    Then he stopped and cried: "Let me sit by you."
    But she delayed doing so until the King ordered her. The frog was on the chair and there he sat and said: "Now push your golden plate a little nearer, so that we may eat together."
    And so she did, but everybody might see how unwilling she was, and the frog feasted heartily, but every morsel seemed to stick in her throat.

uI84Azi.png

"I have had enough now," said the frog at last, "and as I am tired, you must go with me to your room, and make ready your silken bed, and we will lie down and go to sleep."
    Then the King's daughter began to weep, and was afraid of the cold frog, that nothing would satisfy him but he must sleep in her pretty clean bed. Now the King grew angry with her, saying: "That which thou hast promised in thy time of necessity, must thou now perform." So they went upstairs.

LKIhfe1.png

When she had lain down to sleep, he came creeping up, saying: "I am tired and want sleep as much as you; let me sleep by you, or I will tell your father."

AP7tkXr.png

Then she felt beside herself with rage and she pushed him away with all her strength against the wall, crying: "Now will you be quiet, you horrid frog!"

ymD4Nfy.png

But as he fell, he ceased to be a frog, and became all at once a prince with beautiful kind eyes.

fPwuA3s.png

And it came to pass that, with her father's consent, they became bride and bridegroom.

FCznABn.png

And he told her how a wicked witch had bound him by her spells, and how no one but she alone could have released him, and that they two would go together to his father's kingdom. And there came to the door a carriage drawn by eight white horses, with white plumes on their heads, and with golden harness, and behind the carriage was standing faithful Henry, the servant of the young prince. Now, faithful Henry had suffered such care and pain when his master was turned into a frog, that he had been obliged to wear three iron bands over his heart, to keep it from breaking with trouble and anxiety. When the carriage started to take the prince to his kingdom, and faithful Henry had helped them both in, he got up behind, and was full of joy at his master's deliverance.

C30UfOd.png

And when they had gone a part of the way, the prince heard a sound at the back of the carriage, as if something had broken, and he turned round and cried:
    "Henry, the wheel must be breaking!"
    "The wheel does not break,
    'Tis the band round my heart
    That, to lessen its ache,
    When I grieved for your sake,
    I bound round my heart."
    Again, and yet once again there was the same sound, and the prince thought it must be the wheel breaking, but it was the breaking of the other bands from faithful Henry's heart, because it was now so relieved and happy.

8nfZOIy.png

I finished the last lines of this fairytale. It had always been one of my favorite stories, even though I never understood why the frog took this unfriendly princess. Maybe because she transformed him back.
    "You see kids don't look only on the outside of someone. Maybe this person is a very beautiful person inside." As soon as I finished speaking, the kids ran in different directions to discover the park. I looked at them and forgot nearly the bad feeling deep inside of me.

m3znPZ9.png

The castle is made by astadrebolt
    The carriage is made by me if you want it let me just know ;)
  • roseinblack69roseinblack69 Posts: 4,070 Member
    What a great story @Marialein! <3 I always liked fairy tales when I was a child and I still think they are wonderful, so I'm bookmarking this your thread too ;)
    Thank you so much @roseinblack69 <3 I was and I am a big fan of fairy tales too. Even of the creepy once like blue beard I am not sure if this is the English name for that in German it is Blaubart. Whatis your favorite fairy tale? I haven't decided what I use the next time.
    Marialein wrote: »
    Thank you so much @roseinblack69 <3 I was and I am a big fan of fairy tales too. Even of the creepy once like blue beard I am not sure if this is the English name for that in German it is Blaubart. Whatis your favorite fairy tale? I haven't decided what I use the next time.

@Marialein as I love medieval ages I love all tales about knights, kings, trolls, fairies, witches, elves and etc. And a tale about Blue Beard is great, I like creepy tales ;) If it's possible I watch such tales-movies on TV :D
  • LluviaRainLluviaRain Posts: 2,199 Member
    I wish Sera could be adopted :'( why does no one want her?
    Not sure what to put here... so hi
  • Hemera123Hemera123 Posts: 905 Member
    I love this idea! <3 It must require a lot of time to make a chapter because you have to create (or download) so many characters and surroundings. I can only admire your work!
    @cupcake12 @Hemera123 thanks for reading you two <3 You will see why Sera was not adopted but not now ;) It is actually not that much work as you may think. Well until now. The frog princess is Zaraphire from my amazon story and her sisters are made through gen generator. Sera is the daughter of Lomasi in an other save in my game. I just loved her so much that I had to give her her own story. More to see from her mother in @pammiechick s story ;)
  • LluviaRainLluviaRain Posts: 2,199 Member
    Can't believe I didn't notice it was Zaraphire!
    Not sure what to put here... so hi
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,748 Member
    I kind of made my own version of a fairytale changeling back with the Sims 3. But I never got past Gen 3..
    6adMCGP.gif
  • sabreenesabreene Posts: 1,152 Member
    These are so wonderful! I love them! I grew up reading all the old Grimm's Fairytales. I had the complete works, and as a kid I would flip through and mark off the ones I read. Such a big list! (and some of them were crazy! lol!) You're doing a wonderful job re-creating them for the Sim world, and I love your storyteller girl and all the kids!
    @MadameLee this story will not go through generation as far as I planned it yet. @sabreene thank you so much for the compliments <3 I cam't wait to update but I am not sure which of my stories I will today...
    Okay I won't update this story today. I am still working on the next chapter but I want you show my castle I built for
    The Sleeping Beauty
    Look forward to it ;)

LbK4hXc.png
  • mastressalitamastressalita Posts: 2,874 Member
    You're such a tease, @Marialein!
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
    Have a Sim story site? Please submit your link to the Stories and Legacies Index!
    Check out my Simlit at Sim Stories: Hijinks from the World of Sims 3!
    My Simlit Discussion/Updates | The Fringe | Short Story Challenges
    its beautfiul Marian-kinds of makes me thing of Sofia the First (I can't belive I'm watching it)
    6adMCGP.gif
    edited December 2015
    @mastressalita I really hoped to be able to update today but I have to create the 12 wise woman for this story and I even didn't put furniture into the castle! So I need a bit longer than planned :sweat_smile:
    @MadameLee I never saw this but I think loads of castles look like that ;)
    And of course thanks for staying with me <3
    Marialein wrote: »
    @mastressalita I really hoped to be able to update today but I have to create the 12 wise woman for this story and I even didn't put furniture into the castle! So I need a bit longer than planned :sweat_smile:
    @MadameLee I never saw this but I think loads of castles look like that ;)
    And of course thanks for staying with me <3

Sofia the first is Disney Jr. channel show about girl named Sofia, who mom who was a shoemaker who became the Queen Consort of the Kingdom so she has step-siblings Prince James and Princess Amber (Twins). She learns how to be Royalty.
    6adMCGP.gif
    @Hemera123 thank you <3 it is the first castle I ever built and while I built it I always thought of the times I made my castles out of lego :D
    I am proud I did it myself because I am normaly very bad at building something ;)
    Very beautiful castle @Marialein, I love it <3
    3. Chapter - The Sleeping Beauty

We spent a the whole day in the park. The kids played and we did together our homework. The feeling of being watched disappeared when we were finally at home. I was tired and I thought that one story per day was enough. I should have known it better. Little Nelly came to me and asked with her sweet voice:" Sera? Can you read us a goodnight fairytale?"
    How could I have said no to that cute face?

r0ljCPX.jpg

The kids gathered around me. Today I thought it would be good to read them a real sleeping story.
    "Okay I will read now for you the sleeping beauty, but you have to promise me to sleep after that okay?"
    They agreed and I started reading to them.

fpG1YZA.jpg

In times past there lived a king and queen, who said to each other every day of their lives, "Would that we had a child!" and yet they had none. But it happened once that when the queen was bathing, there came a frog out of the water, and he squatted on the ground, and said to her: "Thy wish shall be fulfilled; before a year has gone by, thou shalt bring a daughter into the world."

J6CwGGv.jpg

And as the frog foretold, so it happened; and the queen bore a daughter so beautiful that the king could not contain himself for joy, and he ordained a great feast. Not only did he bid to it his relations, friends, and acquaintances, but also the wise women, that they might be kind and favourable to the child. There were thirteen of them in his kingdom, but as he had only provided twelve golden plates for them to eat from, one of them had to be left out.

However, the feast was celebrated with all splendour; and as it drew to an end, the wise women stood forward to present to the child their wonderful gifts: one bestowed virtue, one beauty, a third riches, and so on, whatever there is in the world to wish for. And when eleven of them had said their say, in came the uninvited thirteenth, burning to revenge herself, and without greeting or respect, she cried with a loud voice: "In the eighteen year of her age the princess shall 🐸🐸🐸🐸 herself with a spindle and shall fall down dead."

hCnKffW.jpg

And without speaking one more word she turned away and left the hall. Every one was terrified at her saying, when the twelfth came forward, for she had not yet bestowed her gift, and though she could not do away with the evil prophecy, yet she could soften it, so she said: "The princess shall not die, but fall into a deep sleep for a hundred years."

FvYDXAg.jpg

Now the king, being desirous of saving his child even from this misfortune, gave commandment that all the spindles in his kingdom should be burnt up. The maiden grew up, adorned with all the gifts of the wise women; and she was so lovely, modest, sweet, and kind and clever, that no one who saw her could help loving her.

198OrgV.jpg

It happened one day, she being already eighteen years old, that the king and queen rode abroad, and the maiden was left behind alone in the castle. She wandered about into all the nooks and corners, and into all the chambers and parlours, as the fancy took her, till at last she came to an old tower. She climbed the narrow winding stair which led to a little door, with a rusty key sticking out of the lock; she turned the key, and the door opened, and there in the little room sat an old woman with a spindle, diligently spinning her flax.

"Good day, mother," said the princess, "what are you doing?"

VfHGjPf.jpg

"I am spinning," answered the old woman, nodding her head.
    "What thing is that that twists round so briskly?" asked the maiden, and taking the spindle into her hand she began to spin; but no sooner had she touched it than the evil prophecy was fulfilled, and she pricked her finger with it. In that very moment she fell back upon the bed that stood there, and lay in a deep sleep.

0T35di9.jpg

And this sleep fell upon the whole castle; the king and queen, who had returned and were in the great hall, fell fast asleep, and with them the whole court.

Yp9O60z.jpg

The horses in their stalls, the dogs in the yard, the pigeons on the roof, the flies on the wall, the very fire that flickered on the hearth, became still, and slept like the rest; and the meat on the spit ceased roasting, and the cook, who was going to pull the scullion's hair for some mistake he had made, let him go, and went to sleep. And the wind ceased, and not a leaf fell from the trees about the castle.

0UvE8D0.jpg

Then round about that place there grew a hedge of thorns thicker every year, until at last the whole castle was hidden from view, and nothing of it could be seen but the vane on the roof.

gnP1mU5.jpg

And a rumour went abroad in all that country of the beautiful sleeping Rosamond, for so was the princess called; and from time to time many kings' sons came and tried to force their way through the hedge; but it was impossible for them to do so, for the thorns held fast together like strong hands, and the young men were caught by them, and not being able to get free, there died a lamentable death.

Many a long year afterwards there came a king's son into that country, and heard an old man tell how there should be a castle standing behind the hedge of thorns, and that there a beautiful enchanted princess named Rosamond had slept for a hundred years, and with her the king and queen, and the whole court. The old man had been told by his grandfather that many king's sons had sought to pass the thorn-hedge, but had been caught and pierced by the thorns, and had died a miserable death.
    Then said the young man: "Nevertheless, I do not fear to try; I shall win through and see the lovely Rosamond."
    The good old man tried to dissuade him, but he would not listen to his words. For now the hundred years were at an end, and the day had come when Rosamond should be awakened. When the prince drew near the hedge of thorns, it was changed into a hedge of beautiful large flowers, which parted and bent aside to let him pass, and then closed behind him in a thick hedge.

kiWI6Bq.jpg

When he reached the castle-yard, he saw the horses and brindled hunting-dogs lying asleep, and on the roof the pigeons were sitting with their heads under their wings. And when he came indoors, the flies on the wall were asleep, the cook in the kitchen had his hand uplifted to strike the scullion, and the kitchen-maid had the black fowl on her lap ready to pluck.

dvug0j1.jpg

Then he mounted higher, and saw in the hall the whole court lying asleep, and above them, on their thrones, slept the king and the queen.

e5fjfnl.jpg

And still he went farther, and all was so quiet that he could hear his own breathing; and at last he came to the tower, and went up the winding stair, and opened the door of the little room where Rosamond lay.

TjBU7IJ.jpg

And when he saw her looking so lovely in her sleep, he could not turn away his eyes; and presently he stooped and kissed her.
    And she awaked, and opened her eyes, and looked very kindly on him.

ZAt3NWB.jpg

And she rose, and they went forth together, and the king and the queen and whole court waked up, and gazed on each other with great eyes of wonderment.

zMgr2ed.jpg

UScw6u7.jpg

And the horses in the yard got up and shook themselves, the hounds sprang up and wagged their tails, the pigeons on the roof drew their heads from under their wings, looked round, and flew into the field, the flies on the wall crept on a little farther, the kitchen fire leapt up and blazed, and cooked the meat, the joint on the spit began to roast, the cook gave the scullion such a box on the ear that he roared out, and the maid went on plucking the fowl.

Then the wedding of the Prince and Rosamond was held with all splendour, and they lived very happily together until their lives' end.

ynZs5jv.jpg

"So kids. I hope you sleep well and dream sweet. Good night."
    "Good night, Sera." They said to me. I loved kids and liked to spent time with them, but sometimes I wished for more.

zSgySMP.png

I went into the bathroom to make me ready to go to sleep as well.

11YgpxS.jpg

I stopped at the mirror and looked at myself. I didn't look like a fairytale princess. I even didn't have the money to by me a dress that looked elegant or was more… let's say a dress that was new and nobody wear it before.
    All the girls in my class could buy whatever they wanted. They talked a lot about fashion and styling. I was never able to talk with them for a longer time. Except if you call something like "Hi" and "How are you?" as a long conversation. I also didn't want to talk with them about something like that. They were only looking at the outside and weren't interested in the character. The only good thing was that I wasn't bullied by someone. I was just invisible for the other kids at school. I never did something to change that. Well once I tried and let's say it was a catastrophe.
    Now I spent the most of my school day reading in a book.
    You ask what is with boys at my school in my age? Well they weren't seeing me as well or they were just hormone controlled idiots who thought they were the best.
    I sighed and went to my room.

xKXYhr0.jpg

I tried to sleep, but my thoughts kept me awake. I decided to travel into another world. A world were everybody got a happy end or that what they deserved. While reading I felt asleep with the book in my hands like so often.

00UtfIs.jpg
    Next chapter is out now.
    I uploaded the sleeping beauty castle and of course the figures of all my fairytales.
    Have fun with it ;)