Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims doing more autonomously

Anybody else find their sims doing more on their own? I'm actually enjoying it. My elder couple woohooed 3 times on their own over the past 2 days and the male elder just went on the PC and made a donation.

Comments

• SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member
    I really enjoy watching the kids do things together in groups.... It's nice not having them always go off to do their own things.
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    It's nice they are autonomously using the hot tub now.
  • kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    edited December 2015
    Saunta2 wrote: »
    Anybody else find their sims doing more on their own? I'm actually enjoying it. My elder couple woohooed 3 times on their own over the past 2 days and the male elder just went on the PC and made a donation.

Two of the exact things I don't want my Sims to do autonomously. Especially the spending-their-money thing :(

The autonomous woohoo is kind of nice even though I haven't had a chance to experience it yet--as long as they autonomously woohoo with the right sim, that is :s

I agree with you about the donation thing. This is not something I want my sims doing on their own.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Saunta2Saunta2 Posts: 870 Member
    Also, my teen had just aged up to YA and gotten her first boyfriend. Shortly after he accepted her preposition to be her bf he prepositioned her to woo hoo and they headed to the sauna. Her parents were at that same time doing the same in the hot tub but by my orders this time.

Lol, my sims have more than enough money. Actually now that her parents have died and the older siblings have moved out I'll have her sell the house and buy/build a smaller more homely one with all that cash. Especially since she don't need it. She'll be spending most her time fishing, camping, looking for herbs, etc
  • mrnhmathmrnhmath Posts: 750 Member
    Yup, my sims do woohoo autonomously with the new patch.
  • knt1229knt1229 Posts: 2,227 Member
    Yes and I love it. My sims woohooed on their own as well. I really like that I don't need a mod for that to happen on its own anymore. And one of my kids used the science table to experiment on his own as well. If TS4 keeps making these types of improvements it might win me over after all.
  • HalloMolliHalloMolli Posts: 2,720 Member
    Yep, I enjoy this very much and wish that they expand on it.
    "[...] and everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, then it's not the end."

• SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,907 Member
    edited December 2015
    I haven't seen it before but one of my Sims directed to cleaning up the dishes cleaned off the stuff left on a plate into the kitchen rubbish bin and then put the plate into the dishwasher. Is that due to one of the traits?
  • inmyeyeinmyeye Posts: 396 Member
    edited December 2015
    Yeah I have. Like texting with their phone. Great. Just what we needed.
    “Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to reform (or pause and reflect).”
    ― Mark Twain
  • WyrrenWyrren Posts: 724 Member
    I haven't seen my sims woohoo by themselves yet... but yeah, they seem to do more stuff on their own now. Really like that they acknowledge the hot tub!

The donation is a bug, I think. Check if your sim has friend of the world aspiration or the good trait. Those seem to be triggers from what I've seen and others have said.
    Origin ID: Wyrren
  • NeonHighwaysNeonHighways Posts: 1,508 Member
    My sim was at work in the hospital, he was supposedly straight... Than one of his male co-workers started flirting with him and he liked it, even though they barely talked. I like how this story formed, it makes sims feel more alive.
  • lovebypondsidelovebypondside Posts: 1,364 Member
    I've noticed them using the yoga mats autonomously where I didn't see that before.

Also, one of my child sims keeps wandering off the lot to other neighborhood areas autonomously.
    Origin ID: byscreenside
    Twitter: @byscreenside
    Youtube: YT

Mchap353 wrote: »
    I haven't seen it before but one of my Sims directed to cleaning up the dishes cleaned off the stuff left on a plate into the kitchen rubbish bin and then put the plate into the dishwasher. Is that due to one of the traits?

I think they all do that. As long as there is food left over they'll put it in the bin before washing the dishes. There's a bin that actually gives you back money when they use it.
  • ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    I really like how they will woohoo on their own, but I really hope they do *something* to make sims relationships be more realistic. I'm having a hard time wording it just right, but here is an example.

I'm playing the random legacy. My main Sim, Gemma, rolled to be single with two helpers. Her two helpers are SueAnne and Jack. SueAnne and Jack are married. They are soulmates. Gemma is their close friend and they are her in-game born daughter and adoptive daughter's god parents. When I first played my game after the update/patch, not only did SueAnne and Jack autonomously woohoo once, they immediately went back for round two. I love that. It completely fits with these two. They are very much in love with one another, but they love Gemma as if she were their sister.

Jack has now been flirting with Gemma. He's even rolled the wish to have first kiss with her. Sometimes she accepts his flirts, sometimes she doesn't. But it is killing my story. These two are not that way in my head. I think once you reach a "soulmates" status with a sim, you do NOT auto flirt with other sims and you do NOT accept flirts from other sims.

Jack is always the one initiating it, never Gemma... but she doesn't always say no. If those two auto woohoo... I will be upset. SueAnne will be broken hearted. While part of me is thinking... yeah, it'd make for interesting story, the main part me of is just upset thinking these two are going to kill the story I'm going with already.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member

What mod do you have installed. My Sims have never done this, and I don't think they ever will. And if they did I don't like the game having that much control of their freewill. Eating, sure, playing the piano or yoga sure, but not woohoo. And my Sims have always donated even when they aren't good.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Sweet_ItalySweet_Italy Posts: 898 Member
    Luke wrote: »
    I feel like they should have 3 autonomy settings...

1 - Free autonomy: Basically, your Sim will do everything that they are naturally inclined to do as per their personality traits/mood.

2 - Moderate autonomy: Your Sim will only react to their needs.

3 - No autonomy: You Sim will only do what you tell them to do.

This! I like the doing just about everything autonomously but I remember TS3 having settings similar to this, and it was nice to have the option to change the degree of autonomous-ness based on your preference or what you wanted to happen in game.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Twitch: Sweet_Italy ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Gallery: Sweet_Italy~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Check out my Showcase Thread!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • SimplyToriSimplyTori Posts: 1,804 Member
    edited December 2015

Two of the exact things I don't want my Sims to do autonomously. Especially the spending-their-money thing :(

you know @luthienrising I was very surprised that my sims were donating to charity too,didn't know she did it until I saw this
    12-05-15_1-39-29nbspPM_zpsjncqrfp8.png
    She had a sad moodlet from donating to a charity scam. I seen ten dollars subtracted from the family funds.
    poor Agnes was sad for a day :/
    justlurking.gif
  • tb98rocktb98rock Posts: 121 Member
    Wow that's cool! I just get nervous they'll do something stupid if I turn it on like if we could have autonomy by age id let the kids do whatever
  • PamhamletPamhamlet Posts: 5,556 Member
    ChelleJo wrote: »
    (snip)... While part of me is thinking... yeah, it'd make for interesting story, the main part me of is just upset thinking these two are going to kill the story I'm going with already.

I hear ya. Autonomous woohoo can be a nice thing between committed couples. But there still has to be some control over certain interactions as we play out our stories - a balance between "You Rascal" and "You Rule." ;)

• ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    Pamhamlet wrote: »
    ChelleJo wrote: »
    (snip)... While part of me is thinking... yeah, it'd make for interesting story, the main part me of is just upset thinking these two are going to kill the story I'm going with already.

I hear ya. Autonomous woohoo can be a nice thing between committed couples. But there still has to be some control over certain interactions as we play out our stories - a balance between "You Rascal" and "You Rule." ;)

Exactly!
    p8L4V6v.png
  • NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    Autonomous donations have been in the game since the start. In my first legacy which I started really early on, my two main sims were always auto donating to charity!
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member

I'm enjoying my Sims doing things on their own. I'm usually a control freak, but I'm allowing my Sims do more on their own, as it seems to create some unexpected events. My Sims autonomously woohoo on their own too. I'm going for the Love/Player aspiration. She already has 6 boyfriends. Had a party and accidently invited two of the boyfriends. She autonomously woohoo'd with one & the other caught them. Talk about some drama in the game lol
    Cinebar wrote: »

What mod do you have installed. My Sims have never done this, and I don't think they ever will. And if they did I don't like the game having that much control of their freewill. Eating, sure, playing the piano or yoga sure, but not woohoo. And my Sims have always donated even when they aren't good.

I don't have any Mods
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top