Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Now that its been over a year been out, what do you think?

I am yet to go to the sims 4 from 3 but i am just about to buy the game tonight. However I have put it off for so long I would be interested to know what everyone thinks of it now its been out a while and people have gotten used to it? I know a lot of people were unsure of it at first and that's why I never got round to getting it but it seems to be doing ok now! So tell me simmers, WHAT DO YOU THINK?

Comments

• Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    My opinion of it is still the same. It's dull. It's best for just killing a small amount of time.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options
    MendotaMendota Posts: 794 Member
    I really like the Sims 4 and I have enjoyed the improvements they have made over time. This last patch with 64 bit and all the extras such as groups has added a lot. I would say that this is the best time to get it. Disclaimer here. I loved the Sims 2 and I hated the Sims 3. So if the Sims 3 was more your cup of tea I would look to the trials just to see if you will enjoy the Sims 4. One of the things I really enjoy most is the relaxed way of playing. It is not so over complicated and bloated, and I am keeping it that way by keeping the content and mods on the low side. With this game I have not needed many mods and that is an improvement.
  • Options
    HalloMolliHalloMolli Posts: 2,720 Member
    edited December 2015
    I hope you don't mind that I keep it short: It's the best life-sim experience (immersion-wise) I have ever had, ergo: Sims 4 is my favourite game of all (next to TS3 and Mass Effect, but both are slightly worse).
    "[...] and everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, then it's not the end."

• Options
    HimynameisHimynameis Posts: 336 Member
    It has defiantly got better but it is still lacking in a whole tonne of things at the moment and it doesn't really feel like a 'traditional' sims game at the moment (my opinion, but it is improving.) I suggest you try the trial (if it's still available) to see whether or not you like it.
  • Options
    taigoesrawrtaigoesrawr Posts: 812 Member
    edited December 2015
    Of course since it's still a fresh game there's really not much to look forward 2 and I'm not really playing the game like most.. (mostly just taking pictures and trying to get the creative juices flowing :-P ) but the only big reason why I enjoy TS4 so much is because I can actually run the game even with a plum load of CC and mods. It runs like it did without em so that's a nice thing for someone like myself who wasn't able to enjoy TS3 without it killing my laptop ^^''
    Post edited by taigoesrawr on
  • Options
    SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
    Simple, loving it more and more. The improvents are major for me and i'm having a blast playing this game. Can't wait for next years content and updates <3
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • Options
    Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    I'm very pleased with it. I uninstalled The Sims 3 about a year ago and I haven't had the urge to reinstall it. I have no reason to go back. <3
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • Options
    TrashmagicTrashmagic Posts: 977 Member
    I think it has gotten better but still needs so much work. If I had to recommend it to someone I'd tell them to wait till it's on sale. I still don't see it as a complete base game but like I said the patches are helping.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Yes, it has improved a little - but not enough, considering the time which has passed. And there is still so much missing or that needs fixing.

I don't regret buying it, as I think I would be forever wondering about how bad it actually was, but I certainly haven't had my money's worth out of it! I can only play it for short periods of time before I get bored, as there still isn't enough to do.

It does have its plus points, such as multitasking, downloading homes etc straight into your game, the sims look a little more diverse (though their personalities all seem the same), build mode has some awesome features to it.

But different people like different things, so your best bet is to try it yourself.
  • Options
    Aussie_SimmerAussie_Simmer Posts: 2,623 Member
    The game has definitely grown on me...... I'm starting to absolutely love it now! :D
    Aussie_Simmer
  • Options
    mortiamortia Posts: 1,155 Member
    Still incredibly boring. No change to my opinion. They have made some decent efforts to flesh out the base game, and the latest patch was much more along the lines of what I'd like to see from Maxis on a regular basis, but still dull for me. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone unless it was at least 50% off and they were just looking for something to play very casually.

• Options
    Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    I can say that I still like what I liked at the start and I still miss what I miss. There was so much cut from 3 in terms of the mechanics of customization that I don't think they'll ever come back to that level of control in this game. In fact I find the tag line "You create, you control, you rule" to be a little ironic given the freedom of creation and control that was stripped following 3. That said, it's got a good Sim/Building engine and I'm looking forward to trying out the GT EP which seems exciting and promises new ways of playing. It's a pretty good game.
  • Options
    shadowiciashadowicia Posts: 591 Member
    It's improved but I still get bored easily.
  • Options
    horseman1952ahorseman1952a Posts: 131 Member
    Mendota wrote: »
    I really like the Sims 4 and I have enjoyed the improvements they have made over time. This last patch with 64 bit and all the extras such as groups has added a lot. I would say that this is the best time to get it. Disclaimer here. I loved the Sims 2 and I hated the Sims 3. So if the Sims 3 was more your cup of tea I would look to the trials just to see if you will enjoy the Sims 4. One of the things I really enjoy most is the relaxed way of playing. It is not so over complicated and bloated, and I am keeping it that way by keeping the content and mods on the low side. With this game I have not needed many mods and that is an improvement.

This. I liked some aspects of Sims 2 like the interactions that were available (a lot of which were removed for Sims 3) but I just couldn't enjoy it overall because of the closed world (I am a HUGE fan of open world games). So with TS4's 'semi-open world' (and I use the term reluctantly as to me it would be semi-open if I could visit all lots within one neighborhood without a loading screen) I am strongly put off. Also, I always enjoyed building as much as I did playing and the removal of terrain tools and CASt simply killed the game for me. Origin still has the Great Games guarantee so try it out and see if you enjoy it without having to commit to buying it. People who liked the rotational style of play in TS2 (which was basically removed from TS3) seem to really enjoy TS4 so it may be that you'll absolutely love TS4 and enjoy it immensely like a lot of people do. Happy Simming! B)
    Maxis/EA, get a clue. A large number of people like family play not swinging singles stuff.
    Update: I finally fixed all of my frustrations with TS4...I uninstalled it! :#
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited December 2015
    Sims3er wrote: »
    I am yet to go to the sims 4 from 3 but i am just about to buy the game tonight. However I have put it off for so long I would be interested to know what everyone thinks of it now its been out a while and people have gotten used to it? I know a lot of people were unsure of it at first and that's why I never got round to getting it but it seems to be doing ok now! So tell me simmers, WHAT DO YOU THINK?
    EA/Maxis seems like they are on the right track but IMHO it seems still crippled w/o certain features(Do not expect an Open World) and before I give any kind of kudos to EA/Maxis I rather wait and see the game to the end before doing anything. Not all going to be excited because we all have different expectations on how Sims 4 should progress and it not wrong for some to focus on what Sims 4 is missing or do not have(Not reflecting on you OP). EA/Maxis will throw in a few carrots to see what they can catch and who will change their standings on Sims 4, it is all part of marketing to me. There is some good points about Sims 4 and I do like it, I like the building aspects but when it comes to constructing the outside I find myself limited to building on land that is always flat and there is no variance in elevation so everything lot you build it is the same. I do like CAS but the choices in clothing is limited as well and you are stuck with the basic colors. The neighborhoods lots are static in nature and you cannot deviate from that and I prefer to create my own lots and place them where I please. Sure some people can get by without any of features that I mentioned but I can't. I feel some people are handicapped because some people cannot play because of their own limitations.

Post edited by Goldmoldar on
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    SimsFurSimsFur Posts: 1,998 Member
    same, not good, its not a sims game, total different idealogy with wrong target, a let-down, a down-grade, lacking, money took over their heart :)
  • Options
    TheSimerTheSimer Posts: 1,007 Member
    I loved Sims 4 at the start and i love it even more with every patch and pack release. ❤️
  • Options
    CrackFoxCrackFox Posts: 1,507 Member
    It's had some nice improvements but over all it's still only entertaining for a maximum of 10-20 minutes for me. I feel no immersion with my family relationships, there's almost nothing to do unless your only hobbies are gym time and drinking. It looks nice but that's about it.
  • Options
    simsationsimsation Posts: 39 Member
    I am enjoying TS4 so far, even without expansions (haven't actually purchased any yet). For the record though, I hated The Sims 3. Hated the look, the random supernaturals wandering all over the world, and I didn't particularly enjoy the open world. Also, it just ran like crap on my computer. The Sims 2 on the other hand... Well, I think it's enough to say that I still play that game to this day.

I do miss the style family play had in TS2, but I'm hoping that will be fleshed out with future expansions. I also miss seasons. So there are definitely things that TS4 needs to make it a great game like TS2, but it's still fun.
  • Options
    HTQuackersHTQuackers Posts: 110 Member
    I have a love/hate relationship with sims 4. I loved sims 3 and still play that regularly.

I like Sims 4 because the graphics are brilliant and it doesn't lag on my computer like 2 and 3 did, but it does still feel lacking to me. I don't like not being able to completely customise something, so when I build a house they all look the same. CAS could be brilliant, i love the fact that everything is sorted and easy to find however again things aren't really customisable so Sims end up looking similar.

It keeps my attention for maybe an hour before I move on and thats with all the Eps, SPs and GPs. I will keep checking back but so far for me it's only a 5/10.
    script>
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I really enjoy the sims 4. It's my second most played sim game after TS2. I do like 3 but I like to play rotational so it's not my "go to" sims game. I think the sims 4 is really fun. There's lots of things I like about it, the new build mode, some of the new game play features I find myself missing when I play TS2.
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    Why don't you wait until next week and I am sure you will get a different response.
  • Options
    peoplespartypeoplesparty Posts: 250 Member
    I try to play it. Can't play more than 10 minutes.
    635811694122995745-1577902652_halloweenpumpkinhead.gif

• Options
    lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,095 Member
    I bought it on sale months and months ago. I only have the base game and GTW and haven't felt compelled to get more because I don't play enough. I haven't played in at least 2 months, maybe more. When I did play, it was for maybe an hour a week. It just doesn't hold my attention. The only reason it hasn't been a waste is because my 11 year old daughter likes it.
    I play Sims 2 or 3 every weekend for hours on end.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited December 2015
    It's made a few major improvements and many minor ones, but the base still has a long way to go. I still would recommend not paying more than 50% off for the base game. There are still many bugs that need to be fixed with patches, the major one being culling and fewer instances of incest and the sidewalk one and kids not wanting to go to school for example and the slider tweaked out face CAS one.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller