Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CAS Instance ID's for Parts after 12/5 Patch

DeaderpoolDeaderpool Posts: 187 Member
edited March 5 in Nominated Threads
Hello! I am hoping someone here can give me some clarity on some issues I'm seeing with the 12/5 patch in regards to the Instance ID's of CAS parts from python script.

Prior to 12/5, we could access outfit data including body types and part ID's in the Sim Info class in several different ways. One was using SimInfo.sim_outfits. Regardless of the way used, though, they all worked consistently. The part_id of the part retrieved through the script calls would match the Instance ID of that part in the package file looking at the CASP resource type. This doesn't seem to be working the same now.

Using a CC Hair item I have as an example, I can look at the package file and the Instance ID of the hair is 0x8470D9250CEE7647, according to the CASP resource (the whole resource key is 0x034AEECB-0x80000000-0x8470D9250CEE7647). This would be the same part ID returned for the Hair body-type (3) looking at that outfit category and index on SimInfo.sim_outfits previously.

I've looked through the changes released today and the script functions to get outfit detail are all pretty-much in the OutfitTrackerMixin. I've tried using several different method in this class including "get_outfit" and "get_all_outfits". Doesn't really matter. They all return an OutfitData object now (or a collection of OutfitData objects). The part_ids property of this object no longer match the Instance ID correctly. The Part ID for the hair mentioned above is now coming in as 0x000000000cee7647. It seems like the number is being truncated as it is returned from CAS.

I've tried running both the 64-bit and 32-bit of Sims 4, just to make sure it wasn't a 64-bit only issue. Maybe something different is happening in CAS and it is not returning the correct instance ID any longer. I just wanted to check and see if I was maybe supposed to use a different method than what I am at this point.

Thanks!
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top