March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So, you're a hoarder?

My sim, Orlando Romando, is in Oasis Landing and fell in love with Felix Finn, a pre-made who lives there. After 2 dates I decided to have Orlando ask Felix to move in. Felix accepted. Felix brought about $10k with him. I thought ok. Later I was looking at the family inventory and I discovered:

4 high school diplomas
4 holo computers
4 sprites
17 laser harps
13 guitars
13 bass
13 drums
13 pianos
1 hover car
4 cameras
3 umbrellas
5 books
2 windcarvers

The household Felix came from had 4 other sims: 2 YA/A, 1 toddler, and 1 plumbot. Through MC I learned that one of the YA/A sims was a virtuoso and the plumbot had the music machine trait chip. Still, I'm surprised all those instruments were placed in the family inventory and came along with Felix. And I already bought Felix an umbrella and windcarver. And now I have holo computer to give him.

I have no idea why he'd have 4 HS diplomas. 3 I would understand, but 4? He's not a kleptomaniac.

I'm going to use MC to flush all that stuff away. It would be too cheaty to sell it all, lol. If I can figure out which HS diploma belongs to Felix, I'll keep it. But the rest will go.

Well....I might keep the car too. If it's a cool one. But what does one do with 17 laser harps?

Comments

• igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited December 2015
    I can't check this because I'm too far away from my game right now, but can you not hang the HS diplomas on a wall and have sims read them to you using the View command? That's the only way I can identify who skill certs belong to after a few generations, so thought it might work with diplomas as well.

As for the inventory, I am shocked there are no partridges in pear trees to go along with all of that stuff.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    You should see my family inventories after a few years in that town.It's a lot worse than that from dumpster diving and personal inventories are a lot worse with produce from gardens,seeds,space rocks and everything else you can fit there.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    edited December 2015
    @igazor , I did hang the diplomas and will have a sim view them to see who they belong to.

I don't know what I'd do with partridges.

@TadOlson , I can't imagine. I had enough troubles with certain dorms in the University world which have dumpsters on the lot. The rebel dormies love to dumpster dive and all that goes into the family inventory. I try to leave as much as possible on the dorm lot though.

edit: yes, I was able to have Orlando view all the diplomas and pick out Felix's. I moved the rest into inventory and flushed with MC.
    Post edited by TreyNutz on
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,908 Member
    I find moving Sims around and also using MC to Reset Town puts all that personal stuff from everyone in the household into the household inventory.
    Interesting. I haven't moved anyone around in OL. I may have reset OL once, but don't remember if I saved after that or not. Still, that seems to be an awful lot of musical instruments to accumulate.
    TreyNutz wrote: »
    Interesting. I haven't moved anyone around in OL. I may have reset OL once, but don't remember if I saved after that or not. Still, that seems to be an awful lot of musical instruments to accumulate.

I don't know about the musical instruments but I tend to find certificates, cameras and imaginary friend dolls in household inventory, or in one sim's inventory. That sim is generally either the youngest human sim or a pet. Plus if I've used Porter mod household objects go into a single sim's personal inventory and I have to use Debug Enabler to get them out.
    Oh, I got a mod to disable the imaginary friends long ago. The only certificates I got were the HS diplomas. I don't usually move in NPC sims. This was, by far, the most excessive it terms of bringing things into the family inventory. I don't recall the last sim I moved in bringing anything at all.
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I got into Storybrook and got a storage box to clean out my sim inventories by moving everything to the box and it sped the game up.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • SuzyCue72SuzyCue72 Posts: 526 Member
    Maybe Felix Finn is a kleptomaniac after all, without telling you about it...? A sneaky closet kleptomaniac, ha ha... :D :D :D
    If it were me, I'd check if he has any hidden traits. >:)
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Just think what would happen if you asked a burglar to move in with you?

50 bathtubs and 80 toilets?
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • CharlottesmomCharlottesmom Posts: 7,015 Member
    Pfft, I have newborn babies with college degrees!
  • CharlottesmomCharlottesmom Posts: 7,015 Member
    Just think what would happen if you asked a burglar to move in with you?

50 bathtubs and 80 toilets?

LOL!! So true!
    Karritz wrote: »

Good idea. I checked with NRaas MC; no hidden traits except Future Sim.
  • thuggishsplicerthuggishsplicer Posts: 1,745 Member
    He would be a great relic collector!
    Karritz wrote: »

Good idea. I checked with NRaas MC; no hidden traits except Future Sim.

I checked hidden traits of one of my born in game sims that I thought had inherited the Imaginary Friend trait and discovered he didn't have that trait but did have the pyromaniac trait. When he becomes a young adult I'll have a wedding for him too.
  • IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    edited December 2015
    I once had one of my sims marry Romeo Rake in Bridgeport. He's a vehicle enthusiast. He had something like 20 expensive cars in his household inventory, and 3 or 4 in his personal inventory!
    IreneSwift wrote: »
    I once had one of my sims marry Romeo Rake in Bridgeport. He's a vehicle enthusiast. He had something like 20 expensive cars in his household inventory, and 3 or 4 in his personal inventory!

Oh, so there is as use for that trait! Give it to an inactive, move them in later in the game, and reap the benefits.
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    I am not intentionally a hoarder, but I have moved six times with my current household in one configuration or another, and even though I try to cull a bit every day, my family inventory is kind of bloated (I had a ton of lighting fixtures, curtains, cabinets etc. when I had that block-long house in Monte Vista, and I still have a lot of that furniture). But I can only empty it bit by bit - if I try "sell all", my game freezes because it's too much to handle with everything else the game is tracking. I am working on it! :D
  • alilwhalealilwhale Posts: 10 New Member
    Too many times I've checked the family inventory and the klepto in the family has taken like 20 light fittings or tables or other useless stuff. You can make a good profit from selling them though! :*
  • IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    edited December 2015
    IreneSwift wrote: »

Oh, so there is as use for that trait! Give it to an inactive, move them in later in the game, and reap the benefits.

Definitely. I sold most of them, and they were very rich after that! LOL!

Now, if only I could do something about my husband's collection. He has just as many as Romeo had, maybe even more by now, but his are all "projects," not driveable cars.
  • picklesthecat114picklesthecat114 Posts: 2,690 Member
    edited December 2015
    I don't like using the kleptomaniac trial, because it's an easy money source, which to my is boring.
    Lantern-flying-in-Tangled.gif
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,586 Member
    Awesome! I don't remember any having so much. :lol: