Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 won't load! Help

So I've had the sims 3 for over a year now and it's been running fine patch 4.2 and I recently decided to update the game so certain mods can work. While updating the game and origin I forgot to delete all of my mods while updating. I'm not sure that effecting the game, because now the game won't load as in start. I can open the launcher, but when I hit the play button the game won't go to the loading screen or anything. I just see my desktop background! I need help! I tried everything to buying a new game, and restarting my computer and even deleting the mods permenitly and all of that did not work. Should I just buy a new computer? But I don't have the money for that, I don't want to give up because I wanted to start a gaming Chanel but now I can't because the game [b]WILL NOT[/b] work :( HELP :s

Comments

• clysonclyson Posts: 80 Member
    > @Yen said:
    > So I've had the sims 3 for over a year now and it's been running fine patch 4.2 and I recently decided to update the game so certain mods can work. While updating the game and origin I forgot to delete all of my mods while updating. I'm not sure that effecting the game, because now the game won't load as in start. I can open the launcher, but when I hit the play button the game won't go to the loading screen or anything. I just see my desktop background! I need help! I tried everything to buying a new game, and restarting my computer and even deleting the mods permanently and all of that did not work. Should I just buy a new computer? But I don't have the money for that, I don't want to give up because I wanted to start a gaming Chanel but now I can't because the game [b]WILL NOT[/b] work :( HELP :s

First, I think you posted this in the wrong section. Anyways, I see you need help. My best guessing when you updated a mod or/and custom content is conflicting with the patch. You need to be more careful about that. I recommend you visit the site were you got the mods and see if it is compatible with the patch you are running.
  • SimsChic13SimsChic13 Posts: 10 New Member
    I have a queestion @clyson! Sorry I'm posting in the wrong section, but for some reason it'll only let me post here. When I start The Sims 3, it's just black. Do you know about it?
  • clysonclyson Posts: 80 Member
    SimsChic13 wrote: »
    I have a queestion @clyson! Sorry I'm posting in the wrong section, but for some reason it'll only let me post here. When I start The Sims 3, it's just black. Do you know about it?

Try removing all your Custom Content and mods. See if it works. Then slowly add the Custom Content and mods that you know is safe. What mods do you currently have installed?
  • AllanaJAllanaJ Posts: 1 New Member
    I just bought the sims 3 world bundle... I installed it but none of the world's appear when I make a new game. Help ?
  • HeketeHekete Posts: 247 Member
    AllanaJ wrote: »
    I just bought the sims 3 world bundle... I installed it but none of the world's appear when I make a new game. Help ?
    AllanaJ wrote: »

simple . is the expansion pack selected when you start the game?

• sweetgirl12178sweetgirl12178 Posts: 5 New Member
    i downloaded the sims 3 for my galaxy s6 and i am having issues with it it crashes all the time and it only loads when it wants to and most of the time if i try to click on the icon it pulls up the screen but then it will pop up some ecryption message and then it will crash
  • sweetgirl12178sweetgirl12178 Posts: 5 New Member
    and i would try to delete it and reinstall it but i had to pay 7.00 for it through google play and so i am thinking if i tried reinstalling i would have to pay for it again